PDA

View Full Version : I solved the reaping Mauler dilemma!

Starbuck_II
2009-11-08, 06:47 PM
Okay, we all know that Reaping mauler usually sucks balls. Because Clever Wrestling requires you to be meduim, right?
Meaning you can't enlarge person and keep the feat functioning.

Guess what? Chickenbutt, but seriuously, Stormwreck has a way of letting you keep Clever wrestling and be any size you want.

How? Well, you have Favored Enemy. But if you do become a Leviathan Hunter first.
Okay, you are thinking the heck is going with this?

At 3rd level, you gain Clever Wrestling even if don't otherwise qualify. Meaning you can be large and still use Clever Wrestling feat.

Yes, this means you have to a Ranger to enter Reaping Mauler and not suck. But at least it is possible.

Foryn Gilnith
2009-11-08, 06:56 PM
Can you track from Wildshape Ranger into some wildshape-progressing PrC for larger wild shapes?

Eldariel
2009-11-08, 07:05 PM
Soo, you need 3 levels in another PrC to enter a sucktastic PrC to suck? Sounds cool. To be honest, I don't see it somehow mystically beating any caster-base grappler or Barbarian-base grappler or anything else. But I suppose you could go Mystic Ranger-base with Sword of the Arcane Order and therefore just fall ONE level short of Greater Dispel Magic and Anti-Magic Field.

Nice idea though; while not practical, it does solve the issue of Reaping Mauler actually making you a worse grappler than not focusing on Grappling. Btw, a regional feat exists (Foe Hunter or something) in FRCS that grants you Favored Enemy without Ranger-levels.

Really though, Reaping Mauler also sucks 'cause the class features suck. The maker clearly couldn't decide what he wanted the class to do so he gave a hogwash of random class features instead of anything cohesive.

ranagrande
2009-11-08, 07:07 PM
Yes. All you need tp take is Alertness and your wildshape variant Ranger will meet the requirements for a Master of Many Forms.