PDA

View Full Version : Druid//Incarnum Gestalt

Tavar
2009-11-09, 12:42 AM
So, for one of the neverending dungeon crawl threads, I've decided to do a Druid//Incarnum of some kind, using the shapeshift variant. Now, I've made a couple Incarnates, and the Soulborn is just crud, but I've never really looked hard at the Totemist, and I was wondering how it would interact with a Druid? Suggestions on which would be best? Opinions on soulmelds? Possible Multiclasses to consider?

Draz74
2009-11-09, 12:50 AM
Totem Rager on the Incarnum side?

Dracomorph
2009-11-09, 12:51 AM
Hmm.

I know that totemist // wildshape druid is pretty much insane, because you could stack the totemist's tons of natural weapons on top of wild shape's strength boosts for massive damage. Shapeshift variant makes this less crazy.

You could still pull off a crazy nat. attack build, if you combine good totem binds with druid buffs.

I'm sure Sinfire Titan will have something to add, Octavian. (haHA, spotted your reference!)

Edit: Girallon Arms is my favorite totemist soulmeld. SO COOL.

Fax Celestis
2009-11-09, 01:01 AM
Sphinx Claws give you pounce with natural weapons. Use them.

Also: The Pauper of Smack. Not quite feasible with shapeshift, but I'm sure you can see the basics.

Tavar
2009-11-09, 01:07 AM
Congrats, your the first to do so. Or, at least, the first to do so and mention it.

In any case, It's more because we're starting at level 1: sure, a Druid is better, especially at higher levels, but it's a bit harder at lower levels, plus there's the fact this is essentially an endurance run, in which shapeshift shines.

You know, depeding on how this works, It really might not be worth it to go all the way with druid. Yes, yes, I know, don't give up caster levels. But the Druid list has never really impressed me as the best list out there(don't get me wrong, it's good, just not on the level of Wizard or Sorcerer), and from what I remember most of the buffs are lower level. What about stoping my Druid progression after 10 levels or so? That gives me full progression up to Ferocious slayer form, and Level 5 spells. I can fill out the rest of the levels with something else.

Draz74
2009-11-09, 01:10 AM
Warshaper? If you want to gimp your Druid's spellcasting slightly to PrC to something else exciting, that's my recommendation.

Fax Celestis
2009-11-09, 01:15 AM
Congrats, your the first to do so. Or, at least, the first to do so and mention it.

In any case, It's more because we're starting at level 1: sure, a Druid is better, especially at higher levels, but it's a bit harder at lower levels, plus there's the fact this is essentially an endurance run, in which shapeshift shines.

You know, depeding on how this works, It really might not be worth it to go all the way with druid. Yes, yes, I know, don't give up caster levels. But the Druid list has never really impressed me as the best list out there(don't get me wrong, it's good, just not on the level of Wizard or Sorcerer), and from what I remember most of the buffs are lower level. What about stoping my Druid progression after 10 levels or so? That gives me full progression up to Ferocious slayer form, and Level 5 spells. I can fill out the rest of the levels with something else.

Perfectly feasible. Maybe Barbarian? Or Stoneblessed Guardian if you can get your DM to ignore the (silly) racial requirements.

Tavar
2009-11-09, 01:52 AM
Stonespeaker Guardian only really works with wildshape, and I think either Warshaper or Nature's Warrior would work better, assuming that shapeshift works for them. well, off to ask the DM.

BooNL
2009-11-09, 02:41 AM
You could also try for a Wildshape Ranger, and see if you can get Shapeshift for him as well.

You lose the druid spells, but get full BAB.