PDA

View Full Version : CoyoteCode Profiler sheet saving problems

Icewalker
2009-11-09, 03:20 AM
I use the Coyote Code web profiler. It's always worked fine, but now it isn't saving the 'Other Notes,' 'Private Notes,' or 'Languages' sections. However it is still saving the other sections when changes are made to them. Any idea what is wrong or how to fix it?

Just tried with another sheet. It's not just not saving the sections, but when the save button is pressed, those sections are emptied.

Volos
2009-11-09, 03:58 PM
Don't they have a general FAQ for this sort of thing? Perhaps you need to clean your computer out or something.

wxdruid
2009-11-09, 08:54 PM
How long is your other or private notes section? With another profiler I had problems with having to much in there and then it deleted it when I pressed save.

Icewalker
2009-11-09, 09:27 PM
It's relatively short. It seems to have started working again, so I think it was a temporary problem on their end.

I had checked the faq, didn't find anything.

Tavar
2009-11-09, 09:28 PM
I've been having the same problem. Really annoying, though it did finally motivate me to save all my sheets on my computer.

Another_Poet
2009-11-10, 11:23 AM
I've had Coyote Code eat entire sheets. I since switched the Myth-Weavers and have never had such problems there.

If you're not up for switching, then I recommend saving a copy of each sheet to your computer whenever you change it. That way you can always reconstruct lost data. But it's a pain.

ap

Icewalker
2009-11-10, 11:41 AM
Yeah, this is the first trouble I've had with it, and it fixed itself pretty quick, but I may well be changing to MythWeavers next time I need to make characters.