PDA

View Full Version : Keep on the Shadowfell :: In Character

Mr. Mud
2009-11-09, 07:04 AM
The players are on the road to Winterhaven, about two days travel off. After a long day of walking, they decided to camp under and ancient, half dead willow tree. After a placid night--as placid as sleeping in the wilderness can be, at least--the party wakes up and begins to talk amongst themselves.

The day before, a grimy Gnoll Artificer joined your presence, and he just finished reminiscing about his life before he left home.

((OCC: Just roleplay a bit here, give the Gnoll some information about the quest hook (I blanked on it originally, so check OCC for it)), and we can start.

{table=head]Players | Character Name | Role
Mando Kinght | Ashar (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=165513) | (Swordmage)Defender |
Nai_Calus | Eltain (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=157309) | (Paladin) Defender
Asbestos | Tavian Wilde (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=165470) | (Druid) Controller
WarBrute | Drake-Cal Rith (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=165316) | (Artificer) Leader
Ayden | Ayden Greyleaf (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=165303) | (Cleric) Leader
[/table]

WarBrute
2009-11-09, 05:08 PM
Drake-Kal Rith

"...and so that's how I got out here." The gnoll said finishing with laughter. "I have to thank you all for your hospitality and food last night, my kind are generally attacked on sight!" More laughter. His common accent was very good for a gnoll, though the occasion grunt or growl found their way into his speech.

"Haha, so yes, how did you fine group of travelers find your way out here? They're must be some reason for you all to be traveling together?"

He looked at the group expectantly.

OCC:
For more information on Drake's story, check his background on my character sheet.

Nai_Calus
2009-11-09, 05:34 PM
"A lovely story, and I'm certain that the things you have made in your time have brought much beauty to the world," Eltain says cheerfully. "Praise Corellon for the magic that creates so much joy and hope." He smiles happily.

"Not that much to myself, I suppose. I was abandoned at one of Corellon's temples as a newborn and raised there, more or less. I always liked magic and the arts, but never had a chance for any real training at either, so I underwent training as a paladin so I could travel the world and promote and protect the things I loved... I suppose I may be a little young, but I... I felt it was, ah, time to move on." He shifts nervously and runs a hand through his long platinum hair. "Anyway, I came here to the mortal world to make a name for myself, ran into Ayden and Ashar here and we've been travelling together..." He looks embarrased. "Oh, yes, I'm from the Feywild, I forgot to say. I'm actually half eladrin rather than half elf, for that matter... Well, you could probably tell that from my eyes." He laughs, his strange blue eyes twinkling in an almost too-pale face, and strokes his beard thoughtfully.

Mando Knight
2009-11-09, 05:43 PM
The literally red-skinned woman with flames for hair shrugs a moment. "I burned my house down by accident a few years ago, and took magic lessons from an Eladrin before he sent me out to adventure with my own group."

Asbestos
2009-11-09, 11:22 PM
Tavian has been casually going about his morning activities during Drake's speech. Having already stashed his bedroll and made up his pack, he is currently adjusting his braids and putting his various feathers, shells, and charms on. Without looking up from his work he breaks into the conversation with his standard slow drawl. "Yah welcome fer de 'ospital-it-ty, dem folks ain't dat ugly a bunch so far" -he gestures with one hand to the rest of the party- "Picked up m'self on de road a ways back, figger dat dey's a good nuf bunch ta stick round wit' fer a while... we's act'lly 'eadin' up ta a li'll town bah de name of Winter'aven right naw."

Ayden
2009-11-10, 12:12 AM
Ayden nods in agreeement with the others, smiling sheepishly at the new face in their small group while he methodically packs away all his things into his pack. "As Eltain so kindly said, I'm Ayden and we've been travelling together for a while..." Ayden glances at the half-eladrin briefly, almost questioningly, "I myself am little more than a traveller, and I wouldn't want to bore you with a story about my life."

Ayden shoulders his pack and starts fingering the string of the bow that is slung across the side of it almost absently, singing a strange song below his breath in what sounds to be elven. Shaking hs head clear, he stretches slightly and then stands up, before expanding on what Tavian had said " We got contracted by a scholar called Parle Cranewing to go and make a map of the old keep near the town..."

---------

"All-Mother Avandra, protector of travelers,
guard us, guide us,
bring us through
in safety and ease
on our journey today."

I stole it from here and changed the words. (http://www.beliefnet.com/Faiths/Prayer/Archive.aspx?p=11&q=Travel)

^ Read the spoiler if you understand Elven ^^

EDIT: changed the last line, to keep conversation going a bit longer...

EDIT2: added info about what i was singing, in case you guys are at all curious.... Not to mention I was kinda bored and thought it would be fun to add. ^^

WarBrute
2009-11-10, 01:28 AM
Drake-Kal Rith

The gnoll laughed at Eltain, though it seemed to be in a friendly manner. "Haha, I'm not sure if beauty is what I aim my creations to be. But perhaps another 'B' word does describe them? Hmm, I think 'Brutal' Hah!" More laughter. "Aha, though I do have a rather lovely set of clocks back home."

While he spoke, Drake-kal, went about pulling on some basic, though utterly oiled stained, linen clothes on. He began strapping on some sturdy looking leather armor.

"Contracted to making a map of the area around some small town. What did you say 'Winter 'aven? Is it paying well?"

He was now going through some small pouches and began routinely adding different colored powders into some small glass tubes, which he then fitted into small slots on his belt.

Asbestos
2009-11-10, 01:47 AM
The shifter pats the old willow tree, letting his hand linger after the last light slap. While responding to Drake's query he gazes upwards at the half-dead branches of the ancient tree. "Ah dink is 'bout two-'undred... two-'undred fi'ty. Good fer walkin' round some awld rawns, non?"

Ayden
2009-11-10, 02:08 AM
Ayden nods in agreement with the shifter's words, "Yeah, about 250 gold I think it was..." he says happily before continuing on, "Though I'm sure that an old ruin like that is sure to have a few nasties around..." Ayden lets out an involuntary shudder, but doesn't show any other reaction.

Nai_Calus
2009-11-10, 10:55 AM
"Then it is all the better that we are going there. If there are monsters lurking about, they likely will not be content to lurk around ruins forever. If they're there and we take care of them, then we'll prevent them from attacking any innocent people and despoiling the beauty of nature." He pounds his fist into his palm for emphasis as he finishes his sentence, a bright, idealistic expression on his face. You notice that, despite the short, neatly-trimmed beard he wears, he barely looks out of puberty.

"Come on, guys, we should get going. The sooner we get there, the sooner we can do what we came to do and take care of any problems that might come up."

Mando Knight
2009-11-10, 01:06 PM
Ash, having awoken early, had already slipped on her armor and bonded her sword. She stands and picks up her bag and double-checks her sword belt. "I'm ready to go."

Mr. Mud
2009-11-10, 01:13 PM
The wind in your face is cool and comfortable. The road beneath
your feet is level. An occasional ancient cobblestone peeks
through the dirt road, indicating decades of neglect. You notice
footprints leading up and down the road, many of which were
made by small, clawed feet.

Roll initiative, and all other appropriate checks.

Also, for the sake of time, I'm going place you guys. Don't worry, it won't be bad.

Mando Knight
2009-11-10, 01:19 PM
Rolling...

[roll0]
We don't have any Warlords, right?

Asbestos
2009-11-10, 01:26 PM
Initiative!
[roll0]

Nature roll to ID the tracks...
[roll1]

Mr. Mud
2009-11-10, 01:29 PM
Asbestos:You see the tracks, and recognize them as some sort of reptilian creature's mark. By the size and depth of the print, you can tell they of Small size, and aren't heavy.

Small creatures hiding behind the rocks spring into view and
begin to move toward you. With a shriek, the small humanoids
attack. Scaled and rust-colored, they have reptilian heads and
tails.

Mr. Mud
2009-11-10, 01:37 PM
Encounter post (this post will update, as combat progresses):

http://i619.photobucket.com/albums/tt280/Stix_Comics/e1finalgrid2ndGOOD.png

The Longtooth left most is Tavian
To the right of him is Eltain
Under him is Drake, of course.
Right of him is Ashar,
Under Drake is Ayden.
*NEW* The Kobold at the top, that looks like a flying ace is the slinger.
*NEW* The two tokens in full plate at the bottom are the dragonshields.

*NEW* The Orange Line shows the Ranged attack.

Disregard any Lime green, and roleplay as your character would to enemies.

And now, we wait for all of them to roll Init.

Final Init:
{table=head] Character | Score
Kobold Minions(x5) |19
Eltain | 17
Asbestos | 13
Kobold Dragonshield(x2) | 12
Ayden | 11
Mando | 10
Kobold Slinger | 9
WarBrute | 5|[/table]

Ayden
2009-11-10, 05:12 PM
Initiative:

1d20+3

Ayden
2009-11-10, 05:16 PM
Grar... let's try that again shall we?

[roll0]

WarBrute
2009-11-10, 05:33 PM
Drak-Kal Rith

Initiative

[roll0]

Nai_Calus
2009-11-11, 12:13 AM
Initiative: [roll0]

"Hold there, vermin! Identify yourselves and surrender, or feel Corellon's wrath!"

Mr. Mud
2009-11-11, 09:43 AM
The southern most kobold screeches something in draconic, as he rushes forward, to charges Ashar with his spear!

Ashar attack 1attack:1d20+4+1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7293819&postcount=3)(sorry, I formatted the roller incorrectly. Correction in the Die thread). vs. Ashar's AC. If hits, 4 damage.

The top most kobold pops out of his cover, and takes aim at Eltain. He launches a Javelin straight at him!

Eltain Attack 1attack:[roll0] vs. Eltain's Ac. If hits, 4 damage

As they're companions are attacking, the trio at the top moves into the middle of the road.

Another speak is flung towards Eltain, and the kobolds cackle with pleasure. Upon the end of the Kobold's salvo, you see 3 MORE kobolds lurking in the shadows behind the rocks.

Eltain attack 2attack:[roll1] vs. Eltain's Ac. If hits, 4 damage

(I previously rolled initiative for them. The slinger's is 9, and the Dragonshields' are 12)

Mando Knight
2009-11-11, 11:10 AM
A solid roll of an 18 is a hit. :smallannoyed:
Ash barely has time to draw her blade as she prepares for the fight before the kobold rams into her with a spear. She manages to keep him at bay enough that the spear doesn't pierce her flesh, but she can tell it's still going to leave a bruise. In revenge, the spot where the spear touched her flares up, and she channels it into her left fist for a counter attack.

Using Firepulse as an immediate reaction.
[roll0] <-Failpunch!
[roll1], not like it matters against a minion...

Asbestos
2009-11-11, 11:48 AM
Immediately after the javelins launched at Eltain end their flights: "Maybeh ya shouldn't 've opened wit' 'vermin'..."

Mr. Mud
2009-11-11, 12:33 PM
The kobold ducks under Ash's flaming fist, and quickly resumes his fighting stance.

OCC: If only he knew of the Greenflame blade that is about to come...

Nai_Calus
2009-11-11, 02:19 PM
Eltain moves towards the Kobold to his right, brandishing his sword.

"You cretins will pay for this!"

He slashes at the Kobold, shouting a prayer to his god as he does so.

Virtuous Strike: [roll0]
Damage if hit not that it matters lulz: [roll1]

Mr. Mud
2009-11-11, 03:17 PM
The kobold barely manages to evade Eltain's divine slash. (After Asbestos, I'll have the Dragonshields move).

Asbestos
2009-11-11, 03:56 PM
Tavian grips his Totem and waves it about, cold winds gathering for an instant before rushing towards the grouping of Kobolds in front of him.

(Burst 1 Centered on the center Kobold in the diagonal grouping)

These are all vs Fortitude.
Vs Topmost Kobold
[roll0]
Vs Center Kobold
[roll1]
Vs Bottom Kobold
[roll2]

Damage (for funsies)
[roll3]cold damage.

Any that get hit (or their bodies...) are flung (slid) 1 square in a direction away from Tavian.

Ayden
2009-11-11, 04:35 PM
Ayden draws his Longbow, takes careful aim at the Kobold he has the clearest shot at, and fires an arrow at it.

Hit: [roll0] (Dex vs AC)
Damage: [roll1] (1[W]+Dex)

Here's to nothing ^^

Mr. Mud
2009-11-11, 06:02 PM
The 3 minions in the diagonal formation suddenly keel over. Their freshly dead bodies fit the ground behind them with a dull *thud*.

Meanwhile, two hidden Dragonshields emerge from rocks to the west, and close in on the party! One hits Ashar from the front while the other hits Ayden from the bottom

((Attack vs. Ashar [roll0]))
((Damage: [roll1]))
-----------------------------------------------------
((Attack vs. Ayden [roll2]))
((Damage: [roll3]))

Encounter Map:
http://i619.photobucket.com/albums/tt280/Stix_Comics/e1finalgrid3rdGOOD.png

Ayden
2009-11-11, 06:30 PM
Ayden steps away from the Kobold which attacked him, draws his Longbow and aiming at point blank range fires an arrow directly at it.

OOC: Do you want a new, roll - or will you use the one from before? I don't mind overly either way.

Mando Knight
2009-11-11, 06:31 PM
Ash glares at the second kobold to charge into her, but notices also that her ally was stricken by a similar foe. Calling out a few words in a mostly-forgotten tongue, she places a mote of flame around the kobold's head before igniting her sword and swinging valiantly at the one that had just assaulted her, the blade's fire exploding on impact, catching the target's compatriot in the blast.
Aegis of Assault on the one 2 squares south. (For ease of coordination, could you please remember to click "View/Show Coordinates" on MapTool next time?)

Greenflame Blade on the kobold Dragonshield next to her.
[roll0]
On hit: [roll1] fire damage, and the minion next to the Dragonshield dies in a burst of 3 fire damage.

Mr. Mud
2009-11-11, 09:28 PM
Both kobolds wince at their respective hits. Seeing his fellow kobold fall, another one shrieks and emerges from his cover. He takes a strange ball off a bandolier, much too big for his small scaled body, and loads into his sling. He takes aim, and launches it at Ashar!

Attack roll: [roll0] VS Ash's AC.
Damage: [roll1]
Special: Gluepot: On hit, the target is immobilized (save ends)

http://i619.photobucket.com/albums/tt280/Stix_Comics/e1finalgrid4thGOOD.png

Mando Knight
2009-11-11, 09:34 PM
Ash notices the flying slingshot, and fires a burst of FIRE to kill the stone dead. With FIRE.

Missed me!

Mr. Mud
2009-11-11, 09:46 PM
The kobold glares at Ashar vehemently.

Laugh Now! Balgorn not so careless! He hisses, barely audible.

OCC: KILL IT WITH FIREEEEEEE! (sorry had to :smalltongue:)

WarBrute
2009-11-12, 12:47 AM
Drake-Kal Rith

The Gnoll growled as the kolbolds charged at their group. He step towards the one south, lifting his staff as he went. The runes on it glowed red and then burst into flame as he swung down at his foe.

Shift into square M8 and use encounter power Burning weapons on kobold in square N10

Attack Roll [roll0]

Damage [roll1]

Anyone within 2 squares of Drake get +2 bonus on attack rolls against kobold in square N10

Nai_Calus
2009-11-12, 01:48 AM
"You will pay for this, vermin! By the blood of Corellon, you will not live to see another day! Let us end this!" Eltain challenges the Kobold near him as slashes at him with his sword.

Eltain should actually be in square K9, shift to K10.
Divine Challenge on L10 Kobold, attack with Virtuous Strike again. First attack it makes that doesn't include me before the start of my next turn it takes 7 radiant damage.
[roll0]
[roll1]

Mr. Mud
2009-11-12, 08:25 AM
With astonishing courage, the kobold (N10) wards off Drake's attack by hitting it out of the air with his shield!

Minions turn. Then what do you wan to do, Eltain?

Mr. Mud
2009-11-12, 08:36 AM
MINIONS TURN
---------------------
The Northern kobold sees an opening, and and rushes at Eltain again with his spear!

ATTACK: [roll0] +4 from attack, +1 from charge.
DAMAGE: 4.
http://i35.tinypic.com/30cwsq0.png

Asbestos
2009-11-12, 01:33 PM
Tavian let's out a snarl and in seconds transforms into a hyena-like creature with a distinct, almost greenish tinge to it's fur. He swiftly moves between Eltain and Drake, ignoring the weak looking kobold adjacent to him, he continues past Ash and Drake until he is adjacent to both of the armored kobolds. He lashes out at the two reptilians, his jaws snapping furiously..
Minor action to Wild Shape, move to M9 and provoke OA from the nearby minion. Darting Bite against the Dragonshields.
Vs Reflex
Dragonshield in L10
[roll0]
Dragonshield in N9
[roll1]

Damage (forget if I roll for each attack with this power or just once)
[roll2]

If one hits Tavian will shift to J7.

With the taste of blood fresh in his mouth Tavian let's out a hyena's cackle as he moves deftly away from the armored pair and towards the weaker creature. He ends his movement next to it, eyes locked and the cackle still emanating from his throat.

Mr. Mud
2009-11-12, 01:43 PM
The kobold (L10), is to entranced by the hyena, and before he knows it he is bitten. (hit on L10). He Shrieks and his companion narrowly chomped by Tavian. Both creatures cry out, and begin to bleed profusely (Both are now bloodied).

The pair anger takes their riposte!

Both kobolds attack Drake.

L10: [roll0] [roll1]
N9: [roll2] [roll3]

If either hit you're marked until the end of your next turn.

Mando Knight
2009-11-12, 02:06 PM
Seeing the Dragonshield not paying attention to her, Ash explodes in a burst of fire.

Yet somehow at the same time, she's standing next to the Dragonshield, swinging with her full strength.

Aegis of Assault immediate reaction to smite the Dragonshield, teleporting to O10, or wherever I can gain flanking bonus if the Dragonshield moved.
[roll0]
[roll1]

Mr. Mud
2009-11-12, 02:16 PM
The Dragonshield collapses in a smokey heap, at the feet of Ashar. The other glances quickly at him, not angry, but scared.

http://i34.tinypic.com/mky9s7.png

((Also, none of the DS's attacks hit Drake))

Mando Knight
2009-11-12, 02:43 PM
Ash grins as her foe collapses into a heap, then proceeds to stalk more targets, starting by picking off the kobold on her paladin-friend's back.
Move to I9 without provoking OAs.
Minor: Aegis the Slinger.
Standard: Greenflame Blade on the minion at J10.
[roll0]
On hit, deals [roll1] fire damage, but that's not important against a minion.

Mr. Mud
2009-11-12, 02:54 PM
The kobold dies. Without sound. Without expression. With fire (:smallamused:).

http://i36.tinypic.com/5v5gjl.png

The magenta triangle significes Ash's AoA

Ayden
2009-11-12, 04:17 PM
Ayden moves so that he has the best shot at the kobold he already hit, then takes aim at it carefully and fires another arrow towards it. He remains very quiet, his expression a careful mask of concentration.

Hit:[roll0] (Dex vs AC)
Damage: [roll1] (1[W]+Dex)

Mr. Mud
2009-11-12, 04:18 PM
Where do you want to move?

And, the attack misses.

Ayden
2009-11-12, 04:21 PM
(See the OOC thread... I pretty much don't mind, although away from the melee sounds good.)

Ayden watches as the arrow bounces off of the Kobolds armour, before readying another arrow for his next shot.

Mr. Mud
2009-11-12, 04:47 PM
http://i36.tinypic.com/2ivmhba.png

The slinger takes a red pot from his bandolier, and this time aims it at Ayden!

Attack: [roll0] vs. AC
Damage [roll1] On hit, 2 ongoing fire damage (save ends).

Mando Knight
2009-11-12, 04:51 PM
Is that including the -2 from Ayden not being Ashar?

Since Ash's Immediate action refreshed after she started her turn, she gets to teleport again.

Teleport to G11 with Aegis of Assault, and attack the Flying Ace.
[roll0]
[roll1]

Mr. Mud
2009-11-12, 05:06 PM
Yep, that was supposed to include the -2, but instead it's actually 18 (Simply math error on my part, Sorry :smalltongue:). Still, it hits.

From Ash's attack, the kobold is severally damage. He shakes it off, and get's ready to flee.

Encounter:http://i33.tinypic.com/o5norq.png

WarBrute
2009-11-12, 05:30 PM
Drake-Kal Rith

Drake steped toward kobold north of him, cackling along with Tavian. Engery crackles along the runes of his staff. He makes a quick horizontal strike at the Kobold.

Aggravating force

[roll0]

on hit [roll1]
and +2 attack bonus on target until end of my next turn

Mr. Mud
2009-11-12, 05:55 PM
Drakes staff made a huge impact with the the cranium of the Dragonshield--which, promptly exploded sending cranial tissue all over the surrounding combatants and terrain.

((The Slinger is bloodied... 11 more damage and he's out cold. Eltain's move.))

Nai_Calus
2009-11-12, 06:08 PM
Eltain continues to deal with the Kobold he had challenged.

"You've been lucky so far, vermin, but you end now, by the power of Corellon!" He slashes once more at the Kobold.

Virtuous Strike:
Damage: 1d20+5[/roll]
Come on, dice.

Mr. Mud
2009-11-12, 06:13 PM
A swing and a miss. The Kobold slinger easily evades the slash from Eltain.

((Next Asbestos, Ayden, and Mando.))

Asbestos
2009-11-12, 06:30 PM
With only one frightened enemy left on the field, the Hyena-like creature charges the hapless reptile leaping into the air at the last moment in an effort to pounce upon his prey and knock it off balance, and perhaps even to the ground.

Charge to H9 and attack with Pounce.
Vs Reflex
[roll0]

On hit:
[roll1] and the Kobold grants CA to the next person to attack it before the end of my next turn.

On the off-chance this does max damage, this blow is meant to knock out the Kobold rather than kill it. I kind of want to know who this Balgron (or whatever) guy is...
A mighty miss! Natural 1!

Mr. Mud
2009-11-12, 06:35 PM
The kobold again wards off the pouncing hyena, and trembles before the other adventures. He puts his trembling hand on his dagger, waiting.

Mando Knight
2009-11-12, 06:41 PM
Ash slides across to stand opposite the hyena, and makes a quick slash at the slinger. The sword leaves behind a trail of arcane marks that stick to the kobold and threaten to explode loudly if they're pulled away from the swordmage.
Shift to flank, then Booming Blade.
[roll0]
[roll1]
On a hit, if the pitiable fool decides to move into any square not adjacent to Ashar, it takes [roll2] thunder damage.

Mr. Mud
2009-11-12, 07:07 PM
The slinger winces at the attack, but he still hangs on, barely alive.

Ayden
2009-11-12, 09:50 PM
Ayden aims his bow at the remaining kobold and then calls out "Throw down your weapons, surrender, and we will let you live," he then pulls back the bowstring threateningly (readied action to fire my longbow at the kobold if my command is ignored.)

Hit: [roll0] (Dex vs AC)
Damage: [roll1] (1[w]+dex)

Ayden
2009-11-12, 09:58 PM
Diplomacy: [roll0] (Just in case you want it...)

Mr. Mud
2009-11-13, 05:56 PM
The kobold slinger refuses to speak ((And he can't even speak Common...)), and readies his sling to hurl a rock at Ayden.

Ayden, your Readied is trigger, but it sourly misses...

Mr. Mud
2009-11-13, 05:59 PM
The slinger's second Ceramic Redglobe is slung at Ayden.

[roll0] vs. AC On hit, 2 on going fire damage (save ends).
[roll1]

WarBrute
2009-11-13, 06:17 PM
Drake-Kal Rith

The gnoll yells out in anger as the kobold continues to avoid a killing blow. He raises his staff into the air. There is a crackle of energy then a bolt of lighting jumps off it at Ashar. The lighting surrounds her then jumps towards the kobold.

OOC:

Thundering Armor
Ashar gains +1 AC till end of my turn

Secondary Attack:
[roll0] vs Fort
[roll1]

Mr. Mud
2009-11-13, 07:24 PM
k0bo1d is t3h dedz!!!!11

He's hit. And dead.

Now what do you guys what to do? Loot the corpses, perhaps?

Mr. Mud
2009-11-13, 07:26 PM
And, remember. Roleplay! You were just ambushed by kobolds than came out of THIN AIR. Act surprised. Scared. Startled. Worried. Anyway, try and connect with your character, be forward we move on, and make sure to check the bodies for all the loots you can possible find.

Ayden
2009-11-13, 07:55 PM
Ayden shoots a slightly annoyed look at Drake, "How are we supposed to question it now?" he quickly goes and checks to see if any of the kobolds are still alive, gathering bodies, weapons and other stuff into three separate piles as he goes. "Can I get a little bit of help here please?" Ayden asks in a calm and rather collected voice, "And could someone please take a look around to make sure we got all of them?"

He continues to immerse himself in his task, purposefully putting all questions and fears out of his mind until the immediate situation is secure. He also makes a point of collecting the arrows he shot during the battle, as soon as he's checked to see if any kobolds are alive.

Heal checks:
[roll0] (Dragonshield 1)
[roll1] (Dragonshield 2)
[roll2] (Slinger)

Nai_Calus
2009-11-13, 08:34 PM
"Don't waste your time on scum like them. Creatures like that who attack others needlessly and thus bring ugliness to the world deserve to die," Eltain says, sneering slightly.

He looks around to see if there are any more lurking enemies.

"Damn my negligence. We should have seen them coming, or at least expected them more. It's my fault..." He sighs.

Perception: [roll0]
Corellon's sacred blood I need to get Perception trained.
Also holy HELL is it weird being an unaligned Paladin who really couldn't care less if he's merciful to enemies or not. XD

Mando Knight
2009-11-13, 08:40 PM
Ashar sheathes her sword, and the fires along her flesh die down as she takes a deep breath. She gives the corpses a light kick as she looks for any kind of cash or useful items. "Balgorn is probably just their band leader. Probably, they've got a hideout somewhere nearby. I've never seen kobolds just wandering around in the daylight like this before."

Ayden
2009-11-13, 08:54 PM
Ayden glares at Eltain rather forcefully for a few seconds, "they may have attacked us, but I would have thought that at least you would understand the idea of treating defeated enemies with compassion," Ayden says slowly, taking care to keep a level tone. He goes back to what he was doing, checking pulses and gathering up weapons and other things of value. After a few seconds he continues, "just because they died trying to kill us, does not make them lesser beings, or deserving of anything less than our full respect."

Mando Knight
2009-11-13, 09:48 PM
"Right. We can burn the corpses so a wandering necromancer won't start the skeletal apocalypse with our help." Ash sounds distracted, more interested in examining the kobolds for anything interesting.
[roll0] ...Might as well have used Passive Perception.

Mr. Mud
2009-11-13, 10:06 PM
All 3 of the kobolds' eyes bulge suddenly, and then they roll back into their head. They're dead, and obviously some magic force wants to keep them that way.

Ashar spots 3 gold pieces lying under the kobold slinger. Other than that, she sports nothing besides the Javelins and Spears (and other weapons) of the 'bolds.

Mando Knight
2009-11-13, 10:12 PM
Ash pockets the change. "Huh. Guess I've got my next meal paid." She sorts out the javelins and spears in case one of her allies wants them and puts the corpses in a pile, then draws her sword. "Anyone else got anything to do with 'em?"

Ayden
2009-11-13, 10:41 PM
Ayden searches the remaining kobolds for valuables, and puts the weapons into their respective piles. He responds to Ash's question, "Not really I guess... Though we should bury them, or burn them. Either works."

Ayden
2009-11-13, 10:43 PM
Perception rolls...

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]

^ Minions

[roll5]
[roll6]

^ Dragonshields

Mando Knight
2009-11-13, 10:45 PM
"Got that covered." Ash plunges her sword into the pile of corpses, then ignites it. She waits until the polychromatic flames catch on the bodies, then pulls the blade out, instantly extinguishing her blade. She twirls it a bit, then slips it back in the scabbard.

If I've got Greenflame Blade as an at-will, I'd better be able to light some bodies on fire with my sword.

Mr. Mud
2009-11-13, 10:50 PM
The bodies quickly turn to ash (heh, pun? Anyone? Alright then...) admist the dancing green flames. A slgiht wind picks up, and scatters the ashes a bit.

((OCC: So, there's Winterhaven just up the road, and you could reach it by nightfall. What do you guys want to do? If not Winterhaven just yet, I could throw together a wolf encounter or something? No maps, though :smalltongue:. RP it up!))

Ayden
2009-11-13, 11:13 PM
Ayden nods approvingly at Ash's body burning skills, "Very nice, now we don't need to worry about burying them." Ayden quickly makes sure all his stuff is still stowed away, and packs some of the loot into his pack. "We can still make Winterhaven by dark if we keep moving guys."

Nai_Calus
2009-11-14, 12:37 AM
"They spit on the ideal of beauty and thus offended Corellon. It was their choice to be ended. Their deaths permit the lives of innocent people who do not attack travellers to continue." Eltain says with a shrug in reply to Ayden's accusations.

"Yes, we should try to make the city. I need a bath desperately and I'm not that keen on another night in the wild. The wilderness is beautiful, but the wilderness is also a pain in the neck." He grins. "Kind of like me, really."

Asbestos
2009-11-14, 10:52 AM
Tavian shifts back to his humanoid form, wiping kobold blood from his lips. "Not dat ah'm sayin' dey were da best o' folk, tryin' ta off us an' all, but what is dis 'bout dem insultin' someuns ideal o' beauty? Ah'm sure least one o' em was pretty ta some lizardy gul"

Mr. Mud
2009-11-14, 01:56 PM
Winterhaven
Village, Population 977
The rutted King’s Road leads to the foot of a broad hill that holds
the walled village of Winterhaven. The village is nestled in the
southern foothills of the Cairngorm Peaks. The walls are weathered
stone topped by defensive palisades.
Small thatched homes stand around Winterhaven, each
fronting a small piece of farmland or pasture. Beyond the farms
to the west and south lie dark woods, and to the north, tall mountain
peaks.

As you approach the gate, an extremely tall, and very broad shouldered Human Gate guard hails you over to him. He's wearing full plate, and has Glaive on his back.

"Now whats a band of adventures doin' comin' inta Winner'aven on a calm night such as dis? Not lookin' for a ruckus, are ya'? He spits, and looks cautiously over the group. State your buid'ness, and I'll ya on through.

Mando Knight
2009-11-14, 03:21 PM
"Nope, no trouble. Just looking for a place to stay the night."

WarBrute
2009-11-14, 04:18 PM
Drake-Kal Rith

Pre-arrival

"I don't have respect for bandits and thieves. Think they can rob any old group of travelers along this road. World's better off now that they are ash, you ask me." Laughter. "Not like they would have treated our bodies respectfully when they got done ransacking them for gold." More laughter

On Arrival

"Us trouble? No trouble among us" He smiled showing many fangs. He meant it to be friendly, though on second thought it might have been a bad move.

Mr. Mud
2009-11-14, 05:17 PM
The guard spits at the feet on the gnoll, and nods for the party to proceed. He looks up at the night sky, and draws his glaive as the Adventures pass through the stone gates into the quite city.

Ayden
2009-11-14, 05:58 PM
Ayden nods to the guard as he passes through, "Begging your pardon sir, but where would we find the inn in this place?" he asks the guard politely.

Mr. Mud
2009-11-14, 06:05 PM
You talkin' ta me? The Tavern'sa called Wrafton's. Ask the locals on da stree. I dink the Lord Captain is there 'ow. He pauses for a moment, and wonders why the adventures aren't going. Go'on git!

WarBrute
2009-11-14, 06:33 PM
Drake-Kal Rith

The gnoll look at the spit at his feet, growled at the guard and let out a single bark. Energy raised up in him the wasn't arcane in nature. He controlled himself though. Years in the slave pit taught him to control his anger when it was in his best interest.

Ayden
2009-11-14, 06:33 PM
Ayden continues on through the gate, yawning widely. "Well, I don't know about you guys but that Inn sounds mighty inviting about now..."

Mando Knight
2009-11-14, 06:42 PM
"Yeah. Let's go." Ash strolls casually through the gate, looking for an obviously tavern-like building.

Mr. Mud
2009-11-14, 09:10 PM
As you enter the gate, you see a rough directory etched into a sign, and a few villagers scurrying about the streets, trying to finish as much of the day's work before the remaining glimmer of sunlight fleets.

You see a well lit building, and as you get closer, you see a tankard of a ale on a wooden sign above the door. As you get even closer, you see it says Wrafton's under it, in silvery paint.

WarBrute
2009-11-14, 09:32 PM
Drake-Kal Rith

Normally, upon entering a new town, Drake would head straight for the local apothecary, then blacksmith and then if there was one a clock maker's shop. Though seeing it was getting late, and his severally depleted money bag he decided to head towards Warfton's. He did check the directory over, perhaps if he had time he would visit the aforementioned places in the morning.

"I hope they have empty rooms, I'm rather tired of sleeping on the ground" He said aloud before entering the building

Mando Knight
2009-11-14, 10:08 PM
Ashar enters the tavern, and finds herself a seat, hailing the barkeeper. "Hey, Barkeep. What's on the menu tonight?"

Nai_Calus
2009-11-15, 07:02 AM
Before we get there, in reply to Tavian:

"Heh, I'm sure someone thought they were pretty, but that isn't what I mean by 'beauty'. There's a lot more to beauty than just being pretty. You can be the most attractive person in the world and still be ugly. It's... There's a rythm and a grace to it. It's doing something well, making someone's day brighter, discovering something new. It's the next breath of someone who breathes it because others acted to save them. It's taking a cold, meaningless world and filling it with magic and song and art and meaning. The discovery of a new spell, the renewal of life... That's beauty, not just something being pretty." A strange look of religious ardor and joy comes to his face as he speaks. "That's what I protect, or try to anyway." He grins sheepishly. "I don't seem to have been much use in this fight anyway. Ahh well. Thankfully I've got good travelling companions. And that too is a thing of beauty."

At the tavern:

Eltain sits at the bar next to Ashar and orders water while waiting to hear what the night's menu is.

Mr. Mud
2009-11-15, 08:57 AM
As you walk into the tavern, you see a few human villagers in the back corner playing games of chance. The scowl at the adventures as they enter, and a man with a black bandanna around his head makes a comment. The group laughs gruffly, and continues with their games. In the left corner of the room, you see a elderly farmer, who greets you with a warm "Hail, adventures!" Somewhere in the middle of the inn, is a scholarly looking man, who smiles faintly as you enter. His face quickly returns neutral after a quick moment,, Next to Ashar at the bar, is a Elven hunter, andwhen Ashar sits down next to him, he sighs annoyed, and moves to the corner of the bar.

Ah, adventures! she gives the group a quick smile, before listing the menu. We've a few plates left of our bean casserole, Sheppard's pie, and Cinnamon Apple slices for desert, friends. We've also an assortment of the some of the best ale on the King's Road! She pleasantly waits for them to order, but then her face becomes thoughtful. What brings you here, friends?

Mando Knight
2009-11-15, 01:07 PM
"Sounds good to me. Got enough for five? Also, we need two rooms for the night." Ash fiddles in her pocket for the cash as she waits for the bill.

(Unless, of course, she can pick option "C:" Sneak Out in the Middle of the Night (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtBhq_cvxD8))

Asbestos
2009-11-15, 03:01 PM
To Eltain earlier:
"Guess dats one way ta tink o' beauty. Me, ah don' find anyding more beautiful dan th' awld swamp in spring, specially when da shrimp start runnin'..." *he shrugs*

In the inn:
Tavian raises an eyebrow as he scans the room, and comments under his breath "Dey ain't dat much more welcomin' dan dem lizardy folk are dey?"
He frowns slightly after hearing the menu and plops down on the hunter's former seat before addressing ye olde tavern wench,"Guess ah'll try a piece o' dat pie if ya please, miss."

WarBrute
2009-11-15, 03:11 PM
Drake-Kal Rith

Drake sits down next to the Shifter at the bar. He bobs his head at Tavian's comment. "Some Shepard's pie would be quite good, thank you" He swivels in his chair and faces towards to exit his elbows resting on the bar. He looks the patrons of the tavern over. His eyes rest on the scholarly man in the middle of the room, curious of what he is doing.

Mr. Mud
2009-11-15, 05:57 PM
Coming right up, and I'll check my logs to see if I've got the big room open... she says with a pleasant smile. She then walks back into the kitchen, and then comes out to clean a used mug on the bar end. Yes we have one room left. Suitable for 4... But I'll let you all in. It's 5 gold for tonight, please.

The elf at the end of the bar orders another beer.

The scholarly man picks his head up from the scroll he's reading, and shoots a friendly nod to Drake.

Mando Knight
2009-11-15, 09:21 PM
"Alright, we'll take it." Ash counts out five gold from her pocket, and puts it on the table.

WarBrute
2009-11-15, 09:38 PM
Drake-Kal Rith

Drake-kal watched as Ash hand over the gold, but said nothing. Free-loading was not beneath him.

He returned the friendly nod to the scholarly man, then said to the rest of the group, "Excuse me for a moment, I going to go speak with some of the locals."

The gnoll pushed himself off his seat and pulled another one up across from the man. "I hope you don't mind, it is not often I meet another intellectual in my travels. Are you from this fine little town?"

Ayden
2009-11-15, 10:37 PM
Ayden nods happily at the idea of food, sitting with the others at the bar, "Sounds great," he says with conviction, "So, how have things been in town lately?" he asks the serving girl, "Anything interesting happen?"

When Ash pays, Ayden raises an eyebrow slightly - then pulls a gold coin from his own pocket and gives it to her. "I'll be fine with paying my own way Ash," he says smiling lightly.

Mr. Mud
2009-11-16, 07:08 AM
The scholarly man looks up from his scroll, Why yes, I am from around here. I live in the tower in the northern corner of the walls. Maybe you saw it coming in?

Nothing, as usual, my lord. At least nothing I've heard about... Although tomorrow, there will be the weekly traders day in the market. she says.

Mando Knight
2009-11-16, 01:10 PM
Ash takes the offer to share the burden gratefully, smiling back at Ayden. "Thank you."

Asbestos
2009-11-16, 04:06 PM
Tavian holds up his hand, as if a signal to slow down. "Acth'ly, before we pay, let me run an idea by ya. I know me some magic dat'll clear all the rats, mice, roaches, sliverfish, maggots, meal worms, bed bugs, lice, fleas, and flies outta a place for a spell, sometimes even a pretty long un at dat. Ah figger it won' be costin' much more in material dan our meals an' rooms, an' maybe some of da people round here'll get a little warmer an' be a little more inta lendin' us some knowledge o' dis place we're 'vestigatin'. So, ah'm proposin' we offer a trade. We clear da varmints an unsightly dings outta here, not dat ah'm sayin' its full o' dem, just sayin' dat effry place got some, and in exchange we stay an' eat free. Ow's dat plan sound, fellas?" He looks to his fellow party members seated at the bar. "Nothin' wrong with spreadin' some good will while we 'ere, right?"

Mr. Mud
2009-11-16, 04:17 PM
Oh... My, well no ones ever offered me that before! I'm sure our lower staff would just love you! You've meals on the house, and your room is free!She pauses, thoughtfully... However... They're some stray cats, and he's a bit more than a vermin, that lives in the cellar. Could you flush him out as well? I mean, don't hurt the little fella', but he's eating my foul! She laughs, sincerely. Well anyway, enough rambling. I'll take your proposition on the vermin control, but if you have time and effort, will you get kitty out of the basement, return him to his rightful owner

((SIDE QUEST TIME!))

Asbestos
2009-11-16, 04:26 PM
"Ah'm fer it, if'n mah compatriots 'ere ar' fer it. Now, ah can clear out a good sized room for ya, ah'm gon' guess dat room is either da kitchen or da store room, right? Jes' point us in da right direction and we can take care o' it. An' ah'm sure we can figure out a way ta deal wit' da kitty."

Mando Knight
2009-11-16, 05:14 PM
"Well, if it saves me money, I'm game. Do you have the herbs and stuff for the ritual on hand?"

Asbestos
2009-11-16, 05:23 PM
"Ah dink so, only needin' some dings worth a 'andful o' gold, 'bout ten minutes, an' ya'lls 'elp puttin' up da ward."

((Its 10gp and I have 'Rare Herbs' in my pack as well))

WarBrute
2009-11-17, 10:08 AM
Drake-Kal Rith

Drake thought back to entering the town trying remember if he had seen the tower the scholar when he entered.

"I might have.. Though I was distracted by the very rude guardman at the gate" He laughed "Well, sir, I'm here in this humble town to help my friends scout out and map a near by ruin. Would you know anything about it?" While he talked he unconsciously traced one of the many runes on his staff.

Ayden
2009-11-17, 07:46 PM
After finishing his meal Ayden stands up and, yawning slightly, declares, "well, I'm off to bed. See you all in the morning..."

Mando Knight
2009-11-17, 08:01 PM
Ashar grabs Ayden's arm as he starts to go. "First, we're going to see about this vermin problem. My teacher always said that getting more helpers for rituals made the process go more smoothly. Besides, we don't have the key to the room yet."

Asbestos
2009-11-18, 10:55 PM
Tavian nods at Ash's statement. "D'accord, Ms. Fire makes a good point, Ayden. Alsah ah need people ta help plug up da exits dat don' lead outside, don' want what we kickin' out ta come up 'ere now do we?" He pushes back from the bar and stands "Come on, we ken get dis done wit' jes three o' fo' o' us. Looks like Drake is settlin' down fer a meetin' o' da minds, we ken prolly finish befo' 'e's even done."

Mr. Mud
2009-11-19, 04:02 PM
Everyone, sans Drake:
Well well gentlemen, the Cat can wait 'till the morrow! You've got your pie coming! And you can come back with me, after I finish with these here mugs. Probably after you finish your meal. But go, converse, make yourself at home. She leaves to check the meal's status, smiling.

Drake:
The keep was built during the height of the old empire. Some sort of watchtower. I can’t recall what for. Some think it was to guard against gnoll marauders, but I don’t think that’s right. Whatever, the keep outlived its usefulness. It’s been a ruin since before I was born. Probably a goblin lair by this time. But you’ve whetted my curiosity. When I return to my tower, I’ll look through my library. The next time you see me here, I will know more. But tell me, are you a tinker. He looks excitedly at the runes of the staff.

WarBrute
2009-11-19, 08:04 PM
Drake-Kal Rith

The gnoll smiled wide, "Haha! Yes a Tinker. I like that." he lifted the staff on the table and laid it down horizontally. "Tinkerer, clockmaker, alchemist and artificer. All these things can describe me. As well as wanderer and warrior. Though I identity with the first four the more." Laughter. He noticed the man's interest in the runes "Runes have caught my interest the most recently." He seems to start staring off into nothing "Currently I have been working on one that makes an efficient heat sink."

Asbestos
2009-11-19, 09:33 PM
Tavian sits back down and rubs his face for a moment. "Sorry 'bout actin' like we's in sech a rush, ma'am. I dink we all got a lil' extra energy in us after dis mornin's "incehdent" wit' some scaly bastards. But, could be worse I 'spose, we could be dem." He taps the bar. "Act'ly ah'll take an ale too wit' dat pie, or somethin' 'arder if ya got it... dem lil' bandits a common ding round 'ere?"

Nai_Calus
2009-11-20, 01:41 AM
"I'll help with the ritual, and with the cat too, though yes, the cat can wait until morning. Getting rid of the vermin will let the place become more beautiful in the future, and bring renewal. Corellon would approve of such an endeavour," Eltain says, taking a sip of his water.

Ayden
2009-11-20, 08:23 AM
Ayden looks slightly alarmed by the idea of purposefully trying to find the myriad small insects and spiders that live in the inn. "Not to put your efforts down, but I really am tired... I think I'm gonna head to bed." Ayden says, slipping out of Ash's grasp and heading towards the stairs again.

Asbestos
2009-11-20, 05:36 PM
"Again, homme? Ya jes' gon' sit outside da room and wait fer us till we show up wit' da keys? Come on, 'ave a drink wit' us, we're all travelin' t'getha, might as well all 'ave a drink t'getha."

Mr. Mud
2009-11-21, 04:25 PM
The Sheppard's pie is served to , and the elven man at the corner of the bar's ears perk, and he glances to the door, just as noble looking man walks into the Inn. Behind him, and 3 heavily decorated soldiers in shimmering chainmail.

People clap and cheer, and doff their hats at the sight of the man. He seems to be some sort of nobility to the villagers. He shows a small smile, and then sits down with his men at a not-to-far off table.

WarBrute
2009-11-21, 08:17 PM
Drake-Kal Rith

"And he is...? " The gnoll asked the scholar in a low voice, not wishing to be rude.

Mando Knight
2009-11-21, 09:51 PM
Ashar watches the newcomers with interest while eating. They still haven't gotten their room key yet, and if a bunch of guys with shiny suits want the room, they're likely to get it...

Asbestos
2009-11-21, 10:06 PM
Tavian gives a quick glance at the source of the fanfare and goes back to eating his food, prodding it with a utensil he mumbles "Strangest damn pie ah've eva seen..." After shoveling in a mouthful he looks up at the bartendress/waitress and at a normal volume asks "So, who's da guy in da fancy clothes?", swallows his food and takes a swig of his beverage.

Mando Knight
2009-11-21, 10:40 PM
"What? You've never had shepherd's pie before?" Ash inquires in between mouthfuls.

Asbestos
2009-11-21, 10:55 PM
Tavian shakes his head "Can't say dat ah 'ave. Naw, don' get me wrong, its good an' all... jes not da sort o' pie ah was expectin'."

Nai_Calus
2009-11-22, 12:39 AM
"I must admit to not having had any sort of pie before, so I can't say I really had any expectations," Eltain says, looking sheepish. "The Eladrin eat rather differently from humans. Mostly at the temple we ate lightly cooked and lightly seasoned food, most of it vegetables... Nothing at all like the food here in the natural world." He sighs, looking nostalgic. He raises an eyebrow at the newcomers.

"And they are...?"

Mr. Mud
2009-11-22, 09:45 AM
Everyone

Another tables serving girls turns to you, and says That's Lord Padraig. He's ruler around here with a sweet smile. She then hustles back into the kitchen.

Eventually, the three men retreat from Lord Padraig, thumping their armored fist against their breastplates with obnoxious power. They then all three march out the front door. Lord Padraig moves to a small, corner table.

Drake

That's Lord Padraig. He's the ruler of this. But alas, I must go. He makes for the door, and just before leaving, he turns back around somewhat. Come to think of it, I've some items you and your friends might like to look at. Come by my tower tomorrow, if you wish to see anything. He smiles and nods, then exits.

WarBrute
2009-11-22, 11:29 AM
Drake-Kal Rith

"Tomorrow then! Sleep well" Drake said waving with a big smile on his face. He stands and meanders back to the bar and sits with his friends.

"Looks like I've made another friend. And maybe gotten all you some new equipment in the process! Haha, but we'll have wait till morning won't we. After we take of the cat and the bugs and such."

He looks down and sees the hot pie sitting in front of him. "Ah pie! Haha!" He began to dig eagerly into the meaty pie, as if he had not eaten for weeks.

Ayden
2009-11-23, 02:37 AM
Ayden grabs his pie and then walks over to the table that the Lord had taken a seat at, smiling brightly, "Hey, is that seat taken?" he says, pointing to the seat across from Lord Paldraig.

Mr. Mud
2009-11-23, 07:33 PM
Lord Padraig kicks the chair out some, just in front of Ayden, so that he can sit down. Well, that depends on if you sit down or not. he says, with a friendly smile.

Ayden
2009-11-24, 04:16 AM
Ayden smiles again, then sits down in the offered seat. "Hey, I'm Ayden. It's nice to meet you," he offers his had for the man to shake. "Would you like something to drink? I'll shout."

Mr. Mud
2009-11-24, 12:34 PM
I've got two beers coming, actually. One for you, if you'd like? Regardless, what brings adventures to my fine hamlet?

Asbestos
2009-11-26, 07:13 PM
Tavian wipes a hand across his mouth, having finished the last bite of his Sheppard's pie. "Guess ah'm ready ta go ta the cellar an' get crackin' while da elf plays socialite."

Mr. Mud
2009-11-26, 10:51 PM
When you're all finished, I'll show ye all the cellar doors. Come get me in the k'tchen when you're all ready. The barkeep says with a smile.

WarBrute
2009-11-28, 11:00 PM
Drake-Kal Rith

The gnoll looked up from his pie, or at least what use to be pie. He wipes off the residue of the pie from his maw with his oily claws.

"Your casting a ritual in the cellar, Tavian? I know a bit about rituals myself. Though my rituals might differ a bit from your rituals!"

The gnoll laughed.

Mando Knight
2009-11-28, 11:09 PM
Ash gets up to follow her druidic ally. "I'm not especially handy with nature rituals myself, but an extra hand couldn't hurt, right?"

Nai_Calus
2009-11-29, 05:49 AM
Eltain stands and nods formally in the direction of Lord Padraig and follows the others.

"I helped with rituals at the temple I grew up at when I was younger, so I'm a bit familiar with the general workings. Never helped with this kind before, though."

Asbestos
2009-11-29, 03:35 PM
Tavian nods "Good ta see dat effryone 'as some experience wit' rituals. 'Opefully we can keep dis place free o' pests fer a good while wit' y'all assisting. Guess we 'ead on inta da kitchen den?" He picks a piece of corn out of his teeth with a claw-like fingernail and follows the barmaid into the kitchen.

WarBrute
2009-11-29, 11:56 PM
Drake-kal Rith

The gnoll bobbed his head up and down. "Yep, yep. Haha! We do seem to be a magical group, haha! Into the kitchen then!" He walked with Tavian and the other into the kitchen.

Nai_Calus
2009-11-30, 03:23 PM
Eltain pauses once inside the kitchen to pray to his god.

"Corellon, we ask you to bless our endeavour and to guide us as we work to bring beauty and renewal to this place. May your grace lead us to success."

Mr. Mud
2009-11-30, 03:36 PM
As you enter the kitchen, you see a few workers, hustle out the back, and continue cooking what looks to be a stir fry on a medium sized fire.

The kitchen is nearly empty, and the barkeep clears an area in the center for you all to preform the ritual. Right here, if that will work, she says, with a patient smile.

Testing out a new form of mapping...
{table=head]A_|B_|C_|D_|E_|F_|G_|F_
1_|_|_|_|_|#|_|_|
2_|
3_|
4_|
5_|
6_|
7_|
8_|_|_|_|_|#|_|_|_[/table]

H = a table pushed to the side
# = a door

Asbestos
2009-12-01, 12:03 AM
Tavian looks around and proceeds to take a rather worn and primitively made hide-bound book from his pack along with a small and aromatic pouch. "Le's start wit' closin' dat door to da main room an' stuffin' the crack under it wit' somethin'. Bes' ta check around ta see if dare's any otha routes o' egress inta da otha rooms o' dis buildin'. Ah'll start wit' the basics o' da ritual while ya get on dat and ah'll let ya'll know when ah can use some help."
With that the shifter opens the book, carefully turning the parchment pages until he arrives at the desired ritual. Setting the book down for a moment he opens the small pouch, revealing an assortment of dried leaves and berries. Holding the open pouch in one hand he picks the book back up and begins reciting the first verse of many.

WarBrute
2009-12-01, 09:34 PM
Drake-kal Rith

"Right, boss right. I'll get right on that. Haha." He bobbed his head and went about collecting dish towels and rags. He then used them to block the cracks under the doors. "I sure hope they mind these getting a little dirty." A grin spread across his face.

Nai_Calus
2009-12-04, 10:23 PM
Eltain looks for access routes to other rooms to block off and closes the ones he can find.

Perception: [roll0]

Asbestos
2009-12-04, 11:20 PM
Tavian chants for a minute longer before setting the book gently down in the center of the room, open to a page showing various diagrams. He then pulls a stick of chalk from a pocket and begins drawing various sigils on the kitchen floor. After a few sigils are drawn in a circle around the book he breaks the chalk into three pieces and holds them out to his companions "Ash, Eltain, 'elp me place da wards, jes do as ah do. Drake, spread da 'erbs all round da edges of da room."

((Feel free to do whatever, but more importantly, roll those Aid Another D20s!))

Mando Knight
2009-12-04, 11:25 PM
Da na na na na na na...

AIDING!

Ash helps by trying to help copy the herbal arrangements as they're shown in Tavian's book.
[roll0] Success on roll of 6 or higher...

Ayden
2009-12-05, 01:36 AM
Nature Aid Another... [roll0]

Ayden makes an effort at assisting the procedures, although he looks around nervously in case there are spiders down here.

WarBrute
2009-12-05, 01:40 AM
Drake Kal-Rith

As Drake took the herbs into his hands from Tavian he payed close attention to the sigils Tavian had drawn. Then he went about the room sprinkling the herbs around the room trying to look like he knew what he was doing.

[roll0]

Nai_Calus
2009-12-05, 10:31 AM
Eltain carefully draws the needed sigils, praying silently to Corellon to guide his hand as he does so.

Nature: [roll0]

Asbestos
2009-12-05, 11:55 AM
Tavian picks up the book and begins reading the final verses of the ritual. As he does, the chalk sigils begin to faintly glow and the spread herbs smoke and smolder, without seeming to burn the surfaces they are on. With the final words, the sigils flare brightly before vanishing, and the herbs disappear in a burst of aromatic smoke.

Nature Check!
[roll0]

((17+2+2=21, or two weeks of vermin free kitchen, which in a pseudo-medieval society has to be pretty damn rare. All the vermin have to exit in the most expedient way possible.))

Mr. Mud
2009-12-05, 01:33 PM
Wow... sorry guys. I some how lost my subscription to this thread. Anyway, update impending!

Mr. Mud
2009-12-05, 01:37 PM
As the last verse of the ritual is uttered, a slow rumble is heard. All at once, small ants, flies, a few mice, and even a sparrow all dart for the back door, into the light of the crescent moon.

Eeee! That's was glorious, thank you all! I hope the rooms and meals are equal compensation for this she says, with a smile. And, on second though, don't feel pressure on my schedule. You can go into the basement for the kitty whenever you'd like!

WarBrute
2009-12-07, 09:56 PM
Drake-Kal Rith

The gnoll bobed his head his eyes closed and with a big smile. "It was no problem ma'am. Though I think Tavian did most of the worked! Hahaha!" He laughed and eyes shifted lazily over Tavian "That was some mighty fine magickin' there friend!"

Asbestos
2009-12-08, 10:53 PM
Tavian closes up his ritual book and places it carefully back into his pack. "Certainleh not a problem, is a pretteh basic ritual fer us out in da swamps, 'elps keep da mozziehs away at night. Naw, ah don' know 'bout effreh-one else but ah'm lookin' forward ta gettin' some sleep, we'se got us some explorin' ta do tamarrah." He pauses for a moment, considering something. "Act'leh, speakin' o' dat Miss, what do ya know 'bout da nearbah keep? Any info-mation you may 'ave is sure ta be a 'elp. An' be sure ta not leave out any o' da po-tench-aleh crazeh soundin' stories bout monsters an dings dat onleh show up when da moon is out in just da right way... dat sort o' info is o' particular import fer doze like us."