PDA

View Full Version : [4e] Required Stats for Weapon Feats

Hashmir
2009-11-09, 04:13 PM
So, as everyone knows, the various weapon groups in 4th Edition require different secondary stats to take advantage of their respective optimization feats. This is particularly important for melee characters who only need stats like Dex and Wis for such feats.

So my question is: Is there somewhere a comprehensive list of feats and their stat requirements for each weapon group? Or, are there simply not that many weapon-specific feats outside of the PHB?

Awesomologist
2009-11-09, 04:49 PM
The only weapon mastery feats that have stat requirements are in PHB1. Bow Mastery, which appears in PHB2 has no requirements (beyond being level 21 or higher).

Mando Knight
2009-11-09, 04:51 PM
So my question is: Is there somewhere a comprehensive list of feats and their stat requirements for each weapon group? Or, are there simply not that many weapon-specific feats outside of the PHB?

There aren't any outside of the PHB, as far as I can remember, and the ones in there require the same stats recommended for a Fighter to take for that weapon group.

Hashmir
2009-11-09, 04:52 PM
The only weapon mastery feats that have stat requirements are in PHB1. Bow Mastery, which appears in PHB2 has no requirements (beyond being level 21 or higher).

Oh, cool. I've only read stuff that assumes generalities such as "polearms require decent Wis," so I didn't know if they were talking about anything other than the basic PHB1 feats. Thanks for the help.

Blackfang108
2009-11-09, 05:39 PM
Oh, cool. I've only read stuff that assumes generalities such as "polearms require decent Wis," so I didn't know if they were talking about anything other than the basic PHB1 feats. Thanks for the help.

Note that, to date, bow Masteris is the ONLY Mastery feat without a stat requirement.

Which really bites for non STR-Based Strikers (Mostly Avengers)

cupkeyk
2009-11-09, 06:58 PM
There are sources outside of thePH's like martial power. There's Polearm momentum, Dragging flail, Staff Fighting from dragon 368. But they still follow the same prereqs (Polearm momentum is Dex15 and Wis15 for example). A good table to use would be the fighter and weapon groups table in page 77-78 of the PH.

nightwyrm
2009-11-09, 07:30 PM
Note that, to date, bow Masteris is the ONLY Mastery feat without a stat requirement.

Which really bites for non STR-Based Strikers (Mostly Avengers)

While never qualifying for mastery feats does suck for an avenger, the avenger's rolling mechanic by itself does already offer a crit chance that just slightly lower than someone with mastery. 9.75% vs 10% to be exact. Of course, if you are able to get a way to increase your crit rate (via daggermaster, jagged weapons, etc.) with your avenger, you're rockin.

cupkeyk
2009-11-09, 07:33 PM
but arent all avengers roguemc/daggermasters anyway?

Mando Knight
2009-11-09, 07:44 PM
but arent all avengers roguemc/daggermasters anyway?

No, some are Double Sword wielding Fighter MC/Pit Fighters with ridiculous AC and per-hit damage.

Awesomologist
2009-11-10, 09:57 AM
No, some are Double Sword wielding Fighter MC/Pit Fighters with ridiculous AC and per-hit damage.

Or MC Cleric for Radiant Servant and wield a Radiant Weapon.
:smallbiggrin:

Blackfang108
2009-11-10, 10:51 AM
Or MC Cleric for Radiant Servant and wield a Radiant Weapon.
:smallbiggrin:

And some actually stay within the Avenger Class. Like mine.

Awesomologist
2009-11-10, 10:58 AM

Why on earth would you do that? :smallconfused:
:smallwink:

nightwyrm
2009-11-10, 01:15 PM

So...not one to take Eternal Seeker and swap out all your avenger powers for better stuff?

Blackfang108
2009-11-10, 01:57 PM
So...not one to take Eternal Seeker and swap out all your avenger powers for better stuff?

I like the Avenger powers just fine, thank you. They actually fit what I'm trying to do with the character.

Not everyone powergames to the max.

cupkeyk
2009-11-10, 05:36 PM
I like the Avenger powers just fine, thank you. They actually fit what I'm trying to do with the character.

*gasp*

I thought we were in an optimization thread?

Hashmir
2009-11-10, 08:58 PM
*gasp*

I thought we were in an optimization thread?

I think it's more accurate to say it's a planning thread. That is, the "optimization" is a known quantity; the question was about the preparation for said optimization.

Awesomologist
2009-11-11, 09:29 AM

It's actually quite possible to build a pure Pursuit Avenger and still be a real damage threat (as well as single target controller) since DP came out. If you're an INT based Avenger your options are bleaker within the class but there are some very strong MC options, not all of which are crit-fishing damage dealers and don't require you to abandon the Avenger completely.

But this has gone way off topic. Sorry OP!