PDA

View Full Version : Artificer 20? [3.5]

root9125
2009-11-09, 04:27 PM
All books allowed, except BoED, BoVD, and Anything That Sounds Like Psionics (ATSLP).

Building a 10th level character, with plans to go to 20. Do I take straight artificer? Are there any fun prestige classes for an artificer?

BTW, my party's makeup is not really important to my build. If I duplicate functions, it's okay. I just want to make a fun character, and artificer sounded like it would be that. :D

Any ideas?

sonofzeal
2009-11-09, 04:31 PM
My Artificer took "Fleshwarper" via a few houserules that made the Homunculus count as a Familiar. Good PrC, fits them well. The Grafting system in general requires houseruling for consistency, but that's manageable.

Actually, after you've got Metamagic Spell Trigger (and possibly Metamagic Spell Completion), there's little reason to take the class except for the craft reserve, and you can multiclass pretty much freely without interfering with your Artificerness.

Artificer 20 is totally fine though too. Decent craft reserve, your Infusions improve, and you get a few straggler item creation feats.

Telonius
2009-11-09, 04:36 PM
Artificer 20 is a perfectly good progression. There aren't that many PrCs that are particularly well-suited for the base class ("Cannith Wand Adept" is one of the few I've heard about, and it's kind of lackluster).

root9125
2009-11-09, 04:50 PM
And it's Dragon Magazine, which isn't a "book" by my definition (or my DM's...)

Telonius
2009-11-09, 04:57 PM
Cannith Wand Adept was from Sharn: City of Towers. It's an official Eberron book.

Draken
2009-11-09, 06:44 PM
Renegade mastermaker in Magic of Eberron is pretty cool. If you aren't warforged already.

Oslecamo
2009-11-09, 06:47 PM
By 15th level you can craft pretty much anything nonepic, so feel free to fill the last 5 levels with anything you like. Warforged juggernaut is an interesting choice for more melee focused artificers. Or to get juicy construct immunities.

PinkysBrain
2009-11-10, 03:41 AM
Building a 10th level character, with plans to go to 20. Do I take straight artificer?
At least up to 8, probably up to 13.

Any ideas?
You can do almost anything ... narrow it down for us.

Adumbration
2009-11-10, 12:51 PM
See if you can convince your DM to allow you to play this. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=127043)

(I know it's homebrew but... You know, Djinn_in_Tonic.)

Deth Muncher
2009-11-10, 01:05 PM
See if you can convince your DM to allow you to play this. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=127043)

Only if you can brew Jagerdraught as a result. :D

Oslecamo
2009-11-10, 01:15 PM

Great, that turns one of the most broken classes on the game even more broken. The druid can go and sit to play cards with the cleric and wizard, because that thing can craft a solution to any problem in a freaking fullround action. And actualy more caster level than his character level. Before buffs.

Adumbration
2009-11-10, 01:19 PM
Great, that turns one of the most broken classes on the game even more broken. The druid can go and sit to play cards with the cleric and wizard, because that thing can craft a solution to any problem in a freaking fullround action. And actualy more caster level than his character level. Before buffs.

And do you know why in the whole 2-page thread there is nary a single complaint about balance?

It's. Fricking. Awesome. :smallbiggrin:

(Okay, I do know it's unbalanced. Maybe I shouldn't have recommended it. But! See above.)

Oslecamo
2009-11-10, 01:25 PM
The picture is awesome. The class isn't, as it's basicaly pun-pun in disguise (create anything anytime with some easy to skip restrictions). Unless you think pun-pun is awesome.