PDA

View Full Version : Cleric Gestalt build

Exterminatus
2009-11-09, 06:05 PM
I would like some help with a gestalt build I'm doing for an ECL 15 sandbox campaign. I picked Gold Dragon wyrmling as the race (+2LA for free and enough free xp for another +2 LA). I rolled the equivalent of a 51pt. buy (17, 16, 16, 15, 13, 13, and 12, I'm assuming dropping the 12). Houserules and character creation info is here. (http://www.myth-weavers.com/showthread.php?t=81099)

With the 8 racial hit die (max hp for all levels fortunately) this would leave me 15 levels of cleric (and related Prcs) on one side and 7 levels of another class on the other. I wonder what classes can complement this cleric gestalt?

Eldariel
2009-11-09, 06:34 PM
Monk is fine, especially the first 2-6 levels. (Unarmed) Swordsage is a very good option. Note that PrCs should probably be reserved on the Cleric-side meaning it's probably better to stick to base classes on the other.

Toliudar
2009-11-09, 06:47 PM
Yup. Swordsage or monk would be solid choices. You can always use Divine Power to bring your BAB up to 15 when you need to.

avr
2009-11-09, 06:52 PM
His house rules allow PrCs on both sides of the gestalt if desired.

There's no mention of how favoured class works in your game for gestalt characters. If classes on both sides count, then you may actually want only PrCs on the HD side of the gestalt. Otherwise you want to snag something which gives WIS to AC - ninja, swordsage and monk all qualify. A psychic warrior dip could also be useful for free feats, access to psionic feats and to use psionic items.

Fax Celestis
2009-11-09, 06:57 PM
I recommend going Monk 2/Psychic Warrior 6 on the LA/HD side and taking Talashtora Monk.

You know. Just for kicks.

Exterminatus
2009-11-09, 07:35 PM
Would using alternate form to become a medium humanoid be viable as a way to use equipment? (or would losing the natural armor be too much)?

Mooch
2009-11-09, 10:41 PM
the saint template gives some nice bonus although I'm not sure if they overlap with gold dragon.

What kind of cleric are you looking for? clericzilla? healbot? buffbot?
Also do nightsticks stack?

Exterminatus
2009-11-09, 11:30 PM
Clericzilla, possibly leaning towards buffbot.