PDA

View Full Version : 3.5: Flurry of Blows with Wild Shape / Polymorph

brakisaurus
2009-11-09, 08:22 PM
I couldn't find anything searching.

Does Flurry of Blows work with the natural attacks of a form you wildshape into?

Say you're a Monk 5 // Druid 5 that Wild Shapes into an animal with a Claw / Claw / Bite routine. What would your full attack look like? With Flurry?

Starbuck_II
2009-11-09, 08:23 PM
I couldn't find anything searching.

Does Flurry of Blows work with the natural attacks of a form you wildshape into?

Say you're a Monk 5 // Druid 5 that Wild Shapes into an animal with a Claw / Claw / Bite routine. What would your full attack look like? With Flurry?

No, Natural attacks cannot be flurried.
You can still use unarmed strike while polymorped/wildshaped though.

You could flurry unarmed strikes and at end use claws as secondaries (secondaries take -5 to hit and 1/2 str though).

tyckspoon
2009-11-09, 08:29 PM
You do not get iteratives with natural weapons, and natural weapons are not Special Monk Weapons, so you cannot Flurry with them anyway. However, you can still use and Flurry with your Unarmed Strike, and use your Natural Weapons as secondary attacks (it gets weird and mostly ineffective to try using the natural weapons as primary- you have to Dual Wield the unarmed attack- so nobody sane does that.)

For monk 5/druid 5, your base attack would be +6/+1. Flurrying it would be +5/+5/+0- one extra Flurry attack, -1 penalty. Natural weapons used as secondary attacks take a flat -5 from full BAB, plus the Flurry penalty (applies to 'each other attack made this round.) So they hit at the same value as your second iterative. The attack routine would be +5 unarmed/ +5 unarmed/ +0 unarmed/ +0 claw/ +0 claw/ +0 bite. Unarmed strikes would do damage with full Strength bonus, as per the rule for Flurried attacks, and the natural weapons would do damage at 1/2 Strength bonus, as per the rules for secondary natural weapons.

brakisaurus
2009-11-09, 08:37 PM
Thanks. And just to make sure I'm airtight on my understanding of this: my unarmed strike damage would use the new form's size for the base damage, plus my bonus from Monk levels?

Also, would fast movement bonus still apply?

sofawall
2009-11-09, 08:39 PM
Thanks. And just to make sure I'm airtight on my understanding of this: my unarmed strike damage would use the new form's size for the base damage, plus my bonus from Monk levels?

Also, would fast movement bonus still apply?

You use the size of your new form as the base for your monkish calculations, and you retain fast movement.

brakisaurus
2009-11-09, 08:43 PM
Thanks. This is going to work swimmingly for gestalt :)