PDA

View Full Version : Statting some characters... ;)

Ouranos
2009-11-09, 11:07 PM
I MAY be in the wrong place, but I wanted help in, just for fun, statting out afew characters and wanted to see what people came up with. So here's my list, all from the movie Kung Fu Panda! :D

Po
Tai-Lung
Master Shifu
Tigress
Monkey

You can do the others if you want, but they seem like they'd be most fun.

DracoDei
2009-11-10, 09:15 PM
I would make them all monks, but without fast movement (but Mantis might have a high speed, which might be a feat or a racial feature), and perhaps with full BAB and a few other goodies.

Po would be immune to Quivering Palm perhaps (although Quivering Palm might be the Wuxia Finger Hold in that setting, which he at least doesn't THINK he is immune to...), and would definitely have damage reduction. Maybe some Fortification too... Lowish Dex, Moderate STR, High CON and WIS. He should be about 4 levels lower than Tai-Lung by the time they fought... just that his defenses are EXACTLY suited to shut down Tai-Lung's attacks.

Shifu would be Small size or even Tiny. Say 2 levels lower than Tai-Lung... the director's commentary describes him as "the world's least Zen Zen Master" or some such, which is pretty well shown through in the movie... Low Wisdom, but with the Iron Will feat to make up for it? The resulting AC hit would also help explain why Tai-Lung could beat him.

Mantis would be Diminutive, if not Fine, and to do the scene on the bridge might have some sort of Stone Dragon stance, and a REALLY high strength score... like... 30 or something... Dex actually doesn't need to be THAT high since the size takes care of most of that... 20 might even do it.

Ouranos
2009-11-10, 10:06 PM
Yeah, I was thinking of making Po just a lvl 20 monk, with basicly all of his feats as damage reduction or even creating a feat just for him. This is just off the top of my head, so sorry if it looks bad.

Flabby Defense

Prerequisites: Must be overly fat and obsessed with Kung Fu.

Benefits: This feat allows several benefits.
1. Whenever you are subjected to an unarmed attack that deals a critical hit, you may not only reduce the damage by one half, but also immediatly deal the FULL damage to the attacker.
2. All falling damage you sustain is negated as your body bounces away at the angle it strikes the ground or other object. You cannot control weather you bounce or not.
3. Your rotund nature grants you immunity to any attack that strikes the nerves, as well as granting damage reduction to all physical attacks equal to your hit die.

Might be a trait, unique to certain NPC's :P I was actually going to make most of their stats rediculous, like giving Po a Con of like 50, Tai-Lung a strength of about the same, so forth. I mean, seriously, they're just breaking walls down with their fists and throwing each other quarter mile in the air and then MAKING the jump check to get there to beat em down, and surviving the fall.

DracoDei
2009-11-10, 11:12 PM
Having your fists count as Adamintine, and thus ignore hardness less than 20 already goes a long, long way matching their abilities to take chunks out of pillars with missed swings...

50 is overkill I think.

TabletopNuke
2009-11-10, 11:26 PM
Hm...this takes us into the murky territory of the Monk vs. Unarmed Variant Swordsage debate. Considering that the Five apparently had no qualms about leaping off a mountaintop, they must have had the Slow Fall (Any Distance) ability (or an absurd Tumble modifier). Therefore, I'm going with Monk.

An important factor to consider is the scope of these characters' power. They pull some impressive stunts, and have what appears to be a 20th level Monk ability. They would be epic characters, and probably have the Blinding Speed feat.

I'd say that Po needs at least light fortification, perhaps even full. He's probably got poor Charisma, being the dorky fanboy that he is.

Rettu Skcollob
2009-11-10, 11:56 PM
Ah man, not another 'stat me' thread. I'll just press the hide button... Wait... This isn't /tg/! This isn't /tg/ at all!

Ouranos
2009-11-11, 12:14 AM
Yeah, epic is likely. And not trying to make them viable to play by any means, just wanted to see what the geniuses here could come up with for fun stuff to try and make them more "real" if that makes any kinda sense.