PDA

View Full Version : Help for Halloween!

MrEdwardNigma
2009-11-10, 05:24 AM
Greetings, my fellow Giantitp wanderers,

I was wondering if I might pick your collective brains (and quite a brainpool that is, I must say!). Me and my girlfriend are going to a costume party in two weeks and the theme is Halloween. Don't tell me, Halloween has long gone, but they insist on having a party anyways. Now, who am I to object? And besides, I do love a good party.

The question however that I bring to you, my good friends, is one concerning my wardrobe. This is a costumed party, see, and me and my girlfriend were planning to go as a couple. Specifically, we were going as the Joker and Catwoman (not exactly a couple, I realise, but you know what I mean). Unfortunately, it turns out another couple is going as the Joker and Batwoman (which, in my opinion, is worse than Catwoman, but whatever). Now this is the couple organising this particular party, which means we'll have to change costumes. It's not like we'd prepared properly anyways.

Now, what I'd like from you brilliant fellows, are some interesting ideas for us to dress up as. Preferably ideas that I would actually be able to execute on a budget.

Thanks in advance,
your dear friend,
MrEdwardNigma

drakir_nosslin
2009-11-10, 06:35 AM
Last year me and a friend went like this:

http://static.bethsoft.com/blog/thumbs-up.jpg

Simple, and most people didn't understand a thing, but those who did thought it was awesome!
(Don't forget the number on the back though!)

Extra_Crispy
2009-11-10, 07:44 AM
Have your girlfriend shave her head and go as the 8 ball from a pool set. You shave yours and go as a que ball. That way you can say you are behind the 8 ball. Alternately wear a skull cap.

I am already bald and that is what I did for this year, even shaved the goatee. Was planning on regrowing it but the girlfriend saw it shaved and likes it better so shaved I stay.

Archonic Energy
2009-11-10, 08:03 AM
Greetings, my fellow Giantitp wanderers,

I was wondering if I might pick your collective brains (and quite a brainpool that is, I must say!). Me and my girlfriend are going to a costume party in two weeks and the theme is Halloween. Don't tell me, Halloween has long gone, but they insist on having a party anyways. Now, who am I to object? And besides, I do love a good party.

The question however that I bring to you, my good friends, is one concerning my wardrobe. This is a costumed party, see, and me and my girlfriend were planning to go as a couple. Specifically, we were going as the Joker and Catwoman (not exactly a couple, I realise, but you know what I mean). Unfortunately, it turns out another couple is going as the Joker and Batwoman (which, in my opinion, is worse than Catwoman, but whatever). Now this is the couple organising this particular party, which means we'll have to change costumes. It's not like we'd prepared properly anyways.

Now, what I'd like from you brilliant fellows, are some interesting ideas for us to dress up as. Preferably ideas that I would actually be able to execute on a budget.

Thanks in advance,
your dear friend,
MrEdwardNigma

erm... Riddler & catwoman?
Adam & eve
a sandworm?
no, i haven't been watching Chuck recently.
why do you ask?

Roukon
2009-11-10, 08:06 AM
How about Red Hood (you decide which version) and Catwoman?

Later Days,
Roukon

Jack Squat
2009-11-10, 08:21 AM
Bonnie & Clyde?
Ash & deadite Sheila?
Zombie & zombie slayer?
You be a traditional prisoner, and she be the 'ball and chain'?

Mr. Mud
2009-11-10, 08:42 AM
Superman and Superwomen?
[Twilight Reference]
Ketchup Bottle, and a Mustard bottle?
Santa and his Elf?
Master Chief and Kortana!
:smallbiggrin:.

Sneak
2009-11-10, 09:38 AM
erm... Riddler & catwoman?
Adam & eve
a sandworm?
no, i haven't been watching Chuck recently.
why do you ask?

A Nerd Herd member and bikini Princess Leia? :smalltongue:

BRC
2009-11-10, 09:44 AM
Zoe and Wash.

Archonic Energy
2009-11-10, 10:59 AM
A Nerd Herd member and bikini Princess Leia? :smalltongue:

a CIA Agent & an NSA agent?
ant "that guy" :smallwink:

Mr. Mud
2009-11-10, 11:16 AM
Swine Flu and a Bottle of Purrell!

Pocketa
2009-11-10, 08:50 PM
Seriously, hit up Hot Topic, they have some great stuff on sale from Halloween probably. Also:

Costume shirts (http://search.hottopic.com/search?bmForm=frm_ht_search&bmFormID=1257904507120&bmUID=1257904507120&bmIsForm=true&bmPrevTemplate=%2Fhottopic%2Fstore%2FNodes.jsp&bmHidden=pricelistname&pricelistname=PRC_USA_Standard&bmHidden=SEARCH_INPUT%3C%3EATR_Available_In_Invent ory&SEARCH_INPUT%3C%3EATR_Available_In_Inventory=true&bmHidden=p&p=Q&bmHidden=ts&ts=custom&bmHidden=asug&asug=&bmText=w&w=costume&bmImage=submit_search.x&bmImage=submit_search.y&bmImage=submit_search&submit_search.x=0&submit_search.y=0&bmFields=bmForm%2CbmFormID%2CbmUID%2CbmIsForm%2Cbm PrevTemplate%2CbmHidden%2CbmText%2CbmImage&bmHash=e6c87e2be08631c9d887aac781bd1a82fccb1bff)

Go (http://search.hottopic.com/search?bmForm=frm_ht_search&bmFormID=1257904568388&bmUID=1257904568388&bmIsForm=true&bmPrevTemplate=%2Fhottopic%2FApparel.jsp&bmHidden=pricelistname&pricelistname=PRC_USA_Standard&bmHidden=SEARCH_INPUT%3C%3EATR_Available_In_Invent ory&SEARCH_INPUT%3C%3EATR_Available_In_Inventory=true&bmHidden=p&p=Q&bmHidden=ts&ts=custom&bmHidden=asug&asug=&bmText=w&w=steampunk&bmImage=submit_search.x&bmImage=submit_search.y&bmImage=submit_search&submit_search.x=0&submit_search.y=0&bmFields=bmForm%2CbmFormID%2CbmUID%2CbmIsForm%2Cbm PrevTemplate%2CbmHidden%2CbmText%2CbmImage&bmHash=009d020eb66183cf6453c786fc89889f3e976c4f) Steampunk (http://search.hottopic.com/search?p=Q&ts=custom&lbc=hottopic&w=steam+machine)!

Yeah, 2 URLs in 1 sentence, ammiright. Lip Service stuff will last you forever, because it lasts me forever, and I'm a teenager that runs around all day.