PDA

View Full Version : Angelos

Spriggles
2009-11-10, 08:27 AM
While the citizens of Angelos sleep, beings of the night detach themselves from shadows and a different day begins. Unlike the happy and peaceful sleepers, the night is a time for sneaking, death and danger. Leading the underhanded operations of the night are the Guild of Thieves and for one small cadre, based on the South West end of the city, things are about to take a most monumentous turn.

The night starts as many do and you are all resting in your hideout, preparing for tonight's "Gambit": The theft of the Moonstone Diamond from the Museum of Art & History.

Heliomance
2009-11-10, 11:55 AM
Rill opened his eyes, waking from the catnap he'd been taking to make sure he was fresh for tonight. Yawning, he stretched arms and wings, before the latter blurred into activity and he flew over to where his kit was. He quickly undressed, folding his shirt and trousers, and shrugging his way into the black bodysuit he preferred when on a job. "Job's on in an hour," he said, his voice a high tenor, but a far cry from the tinkly sound you might expect such a tiny creature to make. "You guys ready?"

industrious
2009-11-10, 12:20 PM
"Yes." The tall, thin man's face is expressionless as he runs a whetstone over the blade of a beautifully crafted scythe. The man goes over his role in the job ahead: help disable the more magical traps, and take care of anyone that might be guarding the place. He was nowhere near as quiet or good at concealment as his colleagues. He then stands, and sheathes the scythe on the back of his black robe.

Kulture
2009-11-10, 12:39 PM
"As always, Rill"

The gaunt individual merely smiles warmly, bowing slightly as he flits into existance from nowhere.
He bows curteously, as if fresh from high society.
He appears to have been ready for some time.

his right hand plays with a paper fortune-teller made from parchment, the other follows the theatrics of his words.

"Would you rather we dealt with inhibitors cleanly, or let them live?"

Skud's voice drips with curtousy, and what's quite worrying is that it's genuine.

charl
2009-11-10, 02:18 PM
Morganon nods. "I am ready." His role in the operation was to provide protection for the group, and to use his psionics for mobility. He would be ready to hit any defenders hard, and to provide teleportation if necessary.

Heliomance
2009-11-10, 06:14 PM
Rill glances at Skud, checking his gear and making sure the straps of his pack were set securely. "Personally, I've no taste for violence. If I do my job right, no-one's the wiser and no-one needs dealing with. This should be a simple enough job - I go in, lift the gem, and get out. 'S best to assume something'll go wrong though - Murphy favours the prepared. If it all goes roots up, then do whatever you need to to make as little noise and disturbance as we can. Dead men can't scream, but they do raise a whole lotta questions."

He belts his dagger to his waist and slings his bow across his back. "If I get spotted, I'll hide. I'm a slippery little bastard, I can lead 'em a merry dance for a while. You guys know your own strengths best though - you know where you can do the most good."

Kulture
2009-11-11, 01:27 PM
Skud adjusts his goggles, wiping speck from their lenses with a small cloth.

"I'll keep it clean, if the time arrives."

He checks his scrolls in their case one final time, to be sure that they're in their places.

"Any information on the job or are we running dry on this one?"

Heliomance
2009-11-11, 02:26 PM
Rill shrugs. "I got nothing."

industrious
2009-11-11, 02:37 PM
Julian slowly shakes his head.

charl
2009-11-11, 03:03 PM
"No." Morganon says as he keeps polishing his sword.

Kulture
2009-11-11, 04:19 PM
"As I somehow doubt Lady Heathecliff would know much about the complex beyond where the refreshments are, I've little to offer...."

Skud looks increasingly discontented.

"So we're to go gather information the....Old Fashioned way?"

Skud's frown promptly reverts back to his Stepford smile.

"It will be good to get back into the swing of things."

Spriggles
2009-11-11, 05:25 PM
Then the old fashioned way it is.

Head out into places where you think people would know more about the intricacies of the museum and roll some Gather Information/Intimidate rolls

industrious
2009-11-11, 05:37 PM
Trisha Q was the star artist of the Artisan's Guild. Her bold, daring artwork was highly regarded among the upper class and nouveaux rich. The young lady lived in her workshop, and was just about to go to sleep, exhausted from working on her latest piece, when a tall man wielding a drawn scythe entered her house, and pointed the weapon at the piece that had been the sole subject of her attention for the past two weeks.

"What do you know about the Moonstone Diamond, and the Museum of Arts and History?"

Intimidate Check:[roll0]
EDIT: Having a low CHA really doesn't help, does it?

Kulture
2009-11-14, 05:24 PM
"Und Telling us vould be an advantageous move, 'vive sufficient Expediance.."

Already Skud (disguised and with an affected accent) had crept behind the resident talent, the inherent acid of his saber's surface already prickled at her skin, though it hovered a dead-still centimeter from her flesh.

His demeanor was cold eloquent and courteous, like a gentleman corpse.

"Cooperate and no vone and nothing vill be...disrupted."

taking twenty to disguise myself as a member of a rival thieves faction, giving me a score of 54.
Readied an action for a death attack to paralyse should she try to scream for help or resist.
I've got drow poison, wyvern poison and darklight brew in the saber's retainers (I'll only use drow on her, unless she's a liability), with wraithstrike in the chamber.
Cool breeze has no poison, but has silence in the chamber
Rolling to intimidate, since I have a +4 due to charisma and +4 from using a high-crit bladed instrument (if BoVD is to be followed)
Rolled a 5 on the original (I forgot weapon type modifier, thus I retried, like an idiot) so a total of 13.
Everyone's rolling 5's...This woman isn't easily intimidated...

Spriggles
2009-11-15, 09:20 AM
Trisha is unamused by your threats and reprimands you like a child. "Put that bleeding thing down before you hurt yourself! My time is precious enough not to have it wasted with your idle threats. The Moonstone Diamond is a big shiny rock and the Museum of Arts & History is a marvelous place to hold an event. If you wish to know more, I suggest you change your tune." She sighs, obviously tired and in no mood to be argued with.

Kulture
2009-11-15, 11:42 AM
"I do admire a woman with...Moxy.."
Skud's accent does not drop (OOC: I'll spare you that) but his demeanor softens to somewhat playful.
A smile plays upon his features.

"Believe me, my dear, this is not a personal matter, we merely require the information, then we will be on our way, and any information we find useful will be rewarded handsomely."

He sheathes his saber and takes a step back into the shadows cast by the larger equipment.
His form seems to blend into oblivion.

Addition made:

Hiding in plain sight
[roll0]
The readied action remains if she tries to run, scream, attack or other such things. If she has any spell-casting capabilities, I get spellcraft checks to identify and possibly redirect them.
Also I'm going to make a slight of hand check to ready my poison ring, which is prepped with ghoul sweat.

Heliomance
2009-11-15, 06:15 PM
Meanwhile, Rill had simply visited the museum as a patron - the perfect excuse to check out the layout and the location of the stone.

Kulture
2009-11-19, 08:52 AM
[roll0] it's DC15 to do so one handed, DC to spot the ring is DC30 spot, DC10 wisdom to figure out the source of any attack made by it, and I can make my death attack with this :smallbiggrin: