PDA

View Full Version : Looking for ideas: Spirit Shaman specific classes

Eldan
2009-11-10, 08:35 AM
I like the fluff of the spirit shaman class. More than that of the druid , at the very least. But they don't seem to get any nice tools. I mean, they can use divine prestige classes, but I don't think there has ever been a specific spirit shaman prestige class, or feat.

So, what could be done with a spirit shaman? I have had some ideas:

A spirit shaman/binder class: the shaman sees it as his duty to help spirits lost outside of reality.

Spirit shaman/warlock: makes pacts with fey spirits for power. That should be easy with a few fitting abilities.

What else can be done? Spirit warriors with barbarian abilities? Creative uses of spirit guides for divination? Sneaky applications of turning into a spirit?

Tl;dr: has anyone done anything interesting for the spirit shaman, or any ideas about what to do?

Cedrass
2009-11-10, 08:50 AM
A Spirit Shaman using psionics to enhance his mind, therefor having a stronger tie with the spirit world?

Edit: A Tiger Claw Warblade/Spirit Shaman using the Spirit's powers to buff himself in combat. Oh I like that one :smallsmile:

Karma Guard
2009-11-10, 07:43 PM
Spirit Shaman-Incarnum (specifically, the Totemist). It's like PB and delicious J.

SS/Inc: calling upon the ideals of stuff to do more...spirity stuff. Yeah.

Latronis
2009-11-10, 09:49 PM
Some kinda of Theurge type Spirt Shaman\Warlock sounds amazingly awesome