PDA

View Full Version : UMD and Me - FTW

Mongoose87
2009-11-10, 10:03 AM
So, my DM recently granted my Crusader/Paladin/Ruby Knight Windicator (who has about 40 Charisma) an item that gives him his level to all Charisma-related skills. He is level 32.

Now, obviously, my first action next level (and levels come quickly in our campaigns) will be to put a single rank in UMD, because between that and our near-bottomless supply of gold, there is so much win to be had.

Now, Timestop is the obvious use of it, allowing me to self-buff and lay out some battlefield control.

What other uses can you think of?

Killer Angel
2009-11-10, 10:28 AM
A question could be: why did you wait so long? with 40 cha, there was no need for a +32... :smalltongue:

Anyway: wand of glibness. Then procede to bluff major demons/devils/whateveryouwant (starting from a minimum of +77, not counting ranks in bluff). After they revealed all their secret plans, allies, etc., you can smite 'em.

Mongoose87
2009-11-10, 10:36 AM
A question could be: why did you wait so long? with 40 cha, there was no need for a +32... :smalltongue:

Anyway: wand of glibness. Then (starting from a +78) procede to bluff major demons/devils/whateveryouwant. After they revealed all their secret plans, allies, etc., you can smite 'em.

I actually already have permanent Glibness, from the same item that's giving me the +level to those skills.

ericgrau
2009-11-10, 12:26 PM
Get a wand for every level 1-4 spell. Yes, every. Now you are ready for any utility situation. If your money isn't that bottomless, get multiple scrolls of each and wands for the major ones. Leave out non-utility spells in this case. Store in handy haversack(s).

Zaq
2009-11-11, 10:41 PM
Does transparency exist between UMD and UPD? If so... dorjes, dorjes, dorjes! A dorje is like a wand, only better because it can go up to 9th level. Use them, and use them well.

Mongoose87
2009-11-11, 10:43 PM
Does transparency exist between UMD and UPD? If so... dorjes, dorjes, dorjes! A dorje is like a wand, only better because it can go up to 9th level. Use them, and use them well.

Typically my DM considers Psionics a branch of magic, so I will have to look into this.

Get a wand for every level 1-4 spell. Yes, every. Now you are ready for any utility situation. If your money isn't that bottomless, get multiple scrolls of each and wands for the major ones. Leave out non-utility spells in this case. Store in handy haversack(s).
To illustrate the bottomlessness of our money supply: We can have anything up to a +5 item, so long as we have access to it, and our funds.