PDA

View Full Version : Stargate Adventure

kkortekaas
2009-11-10, 10:20 AM
Howdy Folks,
I need some assistance fleshing out an idea for a one-off Stargate game this Friday. I'll sum up my thoughts in point form as I'm slightly scatterbrained at it's much easier this way.

- I plan on using a team of pre-generated characters.
- It will take place in a jungle environment
- Their core mission will be to check out the lack of communication from an off-world team.
- Said team will be in a Goa'uld research facility and the PC's will have to storm it and take them out.
- Ultimately I wouldn't mind planting seeds for further adventures, most likely with the Goa'uld's research (likely the system lord Olokun and his research into modifications to make an amphibious human hybrid)

Any and all help you can provide me with will be appreciated.
regards.
Kevin.

Kosjsjach
2009-11-10, 10:35 AM
This might be a good place to check out (http://www.stargatesg1rpg.com/resources/), though I guess you already have that type of stuff worked out.

I do, however, wish you the best of luck in this endeavor. I honestly wish I could play in such a game.

kkortekaas
2009-11-10, 01:28 PM
revised some of my thoughts...
Instead of Olokon it's going to be the weaponsmith System Lord Heru-Ur. He'll have commissioned a secret research base to develop a new version of the death glider.

- It'll still be on a jungle planet
- Still againts a mixed compliment of armored Jaffa and unarmored jaffa / regular humans.
- they've got to steal the prototype ship, or if unable to, blow it up.

Anyone want to assist in furnishing me with a smallish research base? What about other challenges besides "kill the guards"?

KillianHawkeye
2009-11-10, 07:07 PM
Well, blowing up the base is a good objective even if the party succeeds in stealing the prototype glider. You never wanna leave the enemy's base intact, unless you're too busy running for your lives. Even then, destroying the base usually makes for a good distraction to help you escape.

Questions:

Where is the Stargate located? I'm guessing it's off in the jungle rather than being near the Goa'uld base.

What about the other SG team? What happened to them? If they were captured, then rescuing them would be another good mission objective. Or at least finding out what happened. I'm sure any Goa'uld base will have a prison section.

What kind of support do the Jaffa have available? Probably no mother ships in the system, since it's a secret base. Do they have any heavy weapons? Do they have any gliders of their own, or are they all on foot? If there are enemy gliders, the PCs can either steal some (plus the prototype) or destroy them (or steal some and destory the rest). If not, consider how complete the prototype actually is and whether it will be useful as a weapon if the PCs have to retreat through the jungle. Consider how difficult it will be to fly the glider if the PCs don't have experience with Goa'uld vehicles & technology.

Who is in charge of the base? I.E., who is the boss fight? There could be a minor Goa'uld scientist, and the leader of the base's Jaffa could be a pretty tough warrior. Of course, the boss Jaffa could be lured out if the PCs cause enough trouble, and the scientist will try to flee if things aren't looking good for him or try and talk his way out if he gets cornered.

If there is a Goa'uld at the base, then there's probably at least a cargo ship (possibly with a cloaking device) that he uses to travel, although he may keep it hidden in the jungle and use the rings to get back and forth. Remember that the transport rings will automatically lock on to the nearest ring platform if no particular one is targetted. This will allow any Goa'uld at the base to escape if they can get to the rings, although if any of the PCs know how to activate them they can find the enemy's ship. Also, the ring platform in the base is probably going to be centrally located, either in a room of it's own or in a major hallway intersection, so it won't be hard to find if the PCs know what they're looking for.

That's all I can think of right now. Let us know how it goes!

Ravens_cry
2009-11-10, 09:14 PM
A jungle?! Everyone knows all planets in Stargate look like coastal British Columbia!:smallamused:
Anyway, best of luck with this. I am sure it will turn out great.:smallsmile:

kkortekaas
2009-11-11, 08:15 AM
Where is the Stargate located? I'm guessing it's off in the jungle rather than being near the Goa'uld base.

I'm going to place the Stargate a couple km from the research base

What about the other SG team? What happened to them? If they were captured, then rescuing them would be another good mission objective. Or at least finding out what happened. I'm sure any Goa'uld base will have a prison section.

I've nixed the other team idea and instead I'm going to have them need to extract one of the scientists (The Tokra agent that passed the info in the first place)

What kind of support do the Jaffa have available? Probably no mother ships in the system, since it's a secret base. Do they have any heavy weapons? Do they have any gliders of their own, or are they all on foot? If there are enemy gliders, the PCs can either steal some (plus the prototype) or destroy them (or steal some and destory the rest). If not, consider how complete the prototype actually is and whether it will be useful as a weapon if the PCs have to retreat through the jungle. Consider how difficult it will be to fly the glider if the PCs don't have experience with Goa'uld vehicles & technology.

I figure I'll have 20 Armored Jaffa, and probably 10ish unarmored guards. They will have a couple guard "towers" that will ring the facility. The only gliders present will be one completed prototype, with two additional prototypes near completion.

Who is in charge of the base? I.E., who is the boss fight? There could be a minor Goa'uld scientist, and the leader of the base's Jaffa could be a pretty tough warrior. Of course, the boss Jaffa could be lured out if the PCs cause enough trouble, and the scientist will try to flee if things aren't looking good for him or try and talk his way out if he gets cornered.

I figured I'd have the lead Goa'uld face them down in the boss battle (the tokra would be one of his underlings) with perhaps a Prime to assist.

If there is a Goa'uld at the base, then there's probably at least a cargo ship (possibly with a cloaking device) that he uses to travel, although he may keep it hidden in the jungle and use the rings to get back and forth. Remember that the transport rings will automatically lock on to the nearest ring platform if no particular one is targetted. This will allow any Goa'uld at the base to escape if they can get to the rings, although if any of the PCs know how to activate them they can find the enemy's ship. Also, the ring platform in the base is probably going to be centrally located, either in a room of it's own or in a major hallway intersection, so it won't be hard to find if the PCs know what they're looking for.

I will be putting a time limit on this mission, as the prototypes will be loaded into a Cargoship X time, and they need to either be destroyed or captured before that point (as the Cargoship will have backup)

kkortekaas
2009-11-11, 02:26 PM
Anyone got any additional ideas?

KillianHawkeye
2009-11-11, 08:45 PM
So a cargo ship is coming to pick up the prototype at time X? Putting in a Tok'ra spy is probably a good move. Is he going to assist the PCs, or will he have to remain undercover and go with the Goa'uld if he escapes?

I don't really have any other ideas except in the realm of base layout. The base will need to have all of the following rooms:

Large science lab w/ glider exit
Small science lab (possibly more than 1) w/ computer stuff?
Jaffa barracks (w/ adjacent armory)
Holding cells (located as far as possible from main important areas)
Power Generator (possibly between science labs and barracks)
Audience Chamber (containing communications equipment)
Ring platform (centrally located, possibly in hallway intersection)
Personal quarters for scientists
Storage (for supplies & technical equipment)

Additionally, there should be more than one way in and out of most areas (except the prison section). This will make the place feel more realistic and help the bad guys (or your players) not get cornered if you want them to escape. Considering the size of the installation, I'd consider a basic triangular layout with the points being main science lab, barracks, and audience chamber. The power generator is in the center with access between the barracks and labs. The rings could be between the barracks and the audience chamber, near the entrance. And remember that the Goa'uld like nice, long hallways.

kkortekaas
2009-11-12, 08:21 AM
beaut!

Now I just need to create a bunch of pre-gens (which I expect to take longer then actually writing the rest of the adventure)