View Full Version : Arena Tournament, Round 74: Fyrin Mull vs. That Guy With the Horse

ArenaManager
2009-11-10, 10:50 AM
Arena Tournament, Round 74: Fyrin Mull vs. That Guy With the Horse

Map:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v299/pawnoffate/ruins2.jpg

XP Award: 300 XP
GP Award: 300 GP

Fyrin Mull (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=121670) - gigz
That Guy With the Horse (http://pifro.com/pro/view.php?id=3851) - Introbulus

All Combatants, please roll initiative and declare final purchases, if any

Trobby
2009-11-10, 11:27 AM
Last purchases:

Sold: Scale Mail
Bought: Breastplate
Bought: Potion of Shield of Faith (+2)

Initiative:

[roll0]

gigz
2009-11-10, 03:38 PM
No purchases here

Initiative: [roll0]

Pretty sure you go first. :D

Trobby
2009-11-10, 04:46 PM
Indeed. It was impossible for you to win that roll, but only fair for me to wait.

Now for my turn...

Alright Gary, our first match didn't end so well, and our other match was called off, but we're sure to win THIS one! Now, just like we practiced...

With his Lance at the ready, That Guy opened the double doors into the Arena. His Horse, the moment the gates were open, began a full-on charge towards the altar. At exactly the right moment to gain enough height, the rider gave the horse its signal to leap, making a spectacular jumping attempt to arc straight over the altar and to the other side! Assuming a successful jump, it wound then race clear to the other side of the Arena, right outside their opponent's door!

((I need to make sure this is all a legal use of my actions before Gigz takes his turn. I'm pretty sure I'm allowed to take a move action and still have my steed moving as a full move, AND have him jump over the altar as part of the move action, provided he can make the jump check. His current bonus to jump is determined by his strength bonus (+3), his bonus from the "Run" feat(+4), and a +4 bonus for every +10 ft. of movement speed beyond 30 ft. (total +12). I'm not sure what the Jump DC would be to clear the Altar, but I imagine a Ride check should also be made in advance, in case this attempt runs the risk of me falling off my horse or the both of us toppling over. So, without further adeu...

Horse's Jump Check: [roll0]
Guy's Ride Check: [roll1]

Stats:

That Guy's HP: 10/10
That Guy's AC: 18 (5 Armor, 3 dex) (15 Flatfooted, 13 Touch)

Position: (Assuming successful Jump): M23/N22

Not done. Need a ruling from the refs.

Sallera
2009-11-10, 04:49 PM
Refs:Listen for Fyrin: [roll0]

TGWtH:That is legal, and the DC was 20 for a 5ft high jump, so that succeeds. However, both you and the horse get hit with a DC15 Doom for crossing the altar.

Fyrin:You hear movement to the south.

Trobby
2009-11-10, 04:58 PM
Incidentally, I thought I was on the other side of the arena. As I'm sure you know, I'm really supposed to be at M5/N4 right now. I'll make a note of that in my improved stat block after I make two will saves to resist Doom.

Guy: [roll0]
Horse: [roll1]

Stat Block:

That Guy's HP: 10/10
That Guy's AC: 18 (5 Armor, 3 dex) (15 Flatfooted, 13 Touch)
That Guy's Special Conditions: DOOM (Shaken for 6 rounds: 6/6)
That Guy's Horse: DOOM (Also Shaken. 6/6)

Position: (Assuming successful Jump): M5/N4

End of Turn

gigz
2009-11-11, 11:13 PM
Fyrin, round 1

Fyrin will start in N2 and will open the door. Then ready an action to cast a Sudden Maximized and Empowered Magic Missile if LoS is established.

Done. LoS?

Stats:

HP 9
AC 17 (t 12 FF 15)
F+2/R+2/W+2
Spells: 0(5) 1(4)

Sallera
2009-11-11, 11:35 PM
LoS is established as Fyrin opens the door. TGWtH is standing on his horse at M4/N5.

gigz
2009-11-12, 12:30 AM
Yickes... check that then. After Fyrin opens the door, he will take a 5 foot step to N1, then unleash the fury with a Sudden Empowered Maximized Magic Missile at his oponent.
[roll0]

Trobby
2009-11-12, 04:56 PM
Ouch...curse you wizards and your ability to cause massive damage at low levels!

Well...with 16 undodgable damage, That Guy is rendered helpless on his horse. Regardless of the Horse's action, I'm pretty sure that means you win.

Sallera
2009-11-12, 05:10 PM
High Ref Sallera

That Guy's horse carries him with impressive rapidity straight towards his doom, and Fyrin takes the victory.

Trobby
2009-11-12, 05:46 PM
I must remember from now on to hide behind corners or something. This is not a good trend.