PDA

View Full Version : A Simple Life

Croverus
2009-11-10, 12:14 PM
(Sorry about the wait guys)

The city of Hammerfell was alive with the sounds of merchants selling their wares in the markets, priests calling out to the masses proclaiming the greatness of their gods, and common folk going about their lives, working, gossiping, living. In the central market, the largest open are in the city, filled with stalls and carts and dominated by a statue of 4 human battling a great giant in the center, Hammerfell is the center of heroes. There are at least 3 guilds dedicated to heroes; Mages guild, which deals with both arcane and divine spellcasters, though divine spellcasters often defer to the variou temples instead; the Fighter's guild, where warriors of all walks of life meet, spar and discuss their style and adventures; and the Cyndicate, a repository of skill as the many rouges, artisans, theives and experts meet and hone their individual skills.

The city of Hammerfell has over one-hundred thousand people. There are supposedly 300 heroes within the city, though that number changes constantly as the adventurers come and go. This is the beginning of a great story for a particular group of adventurers. They have no idea the wonders that await them.

Wizard of the Coat
2009-11-10, 08:45 PM
Edward de Corona

"Well and then I jumped from my horse, drew steel and struck down the first of them" Edward was telling his grand and with time even grander victory over three pennyless villains with a dagger between them. His version however was somewhat different.

"The others quickly circled around me, as vultures. I could see in their eyes they would cut out my heart if given the chance. Eat it if they felt like it." The Girl that was on his arm was entranced and the people sharing his table were listening intently.

"But I pulled through, parrying their blows and sending some of their weapons flying. Though they were strong swordsman and when three of them crossed my blade together mine was send flying. I thought it was my last moment..."

Sploosh
2009-11-12, 02:16 AM
Pitch Totter

Hands covering his eyes from the sun, Pitch stood in the market place scanning the crowd for wealthy potential. Upon seeing a suitable candidate he sauntered over to them.

"Excuse me, friend. What would such an intelligent amd good looking individual like yourself be doing at this fine emporium? Perhaps you are in the process of obtaining goods or services, yes?"

Scow2
2009-11-12, 12:28 PM
OOC: I'm going to start seperate from the rest of the party. In fact, I'm going to start with Second-Story work immediately. Sorry if I love spoilers, but for a multi-check task... I need them!

Current Encumbrance:

Knife Vest----------2 lbs
12 Daggers----------6 lbs
Rope----------------5 lbs
Grappling Hook------2 lbs
Full Cape-----------3 lbs
Combat Dagger-------1 lbs
Thieving Helm-------1 lbs
MW Thieves Tools----2 lbs
Silent Shoes--------1 lbs
Ascender/Slider-----1 lbs
Magnet+Mirror-------1 lbs
HousebreakerHarness-2 lbs
4 Belt Pouches------2 lbs
Empty Backpack------2 lbs
Total--Light-Load--31 lbs

Devon Aidendale

In one of Daggerfall's upper-class districts, Devon Aidendale, the thief, slinks into one of the alleys between the large urban manors, looking around to make sure he wasn't followed. Looking and listening carefully to make sure there was nobody to witness him (listen/spot check from GM plz), he flips open his grappling hook and ties it to the rope. From his position on the ground, he attempts to look for a purchase for his rope, either a drain, a gargoyle, or anything jutting from an upper-story window between the houses. Upon seeing a suitable purchase for his rope, Devon spins the rope, building the centrifugal force needed to hurl the rope up to it and secure it tightly.

Use Rope check: [roll0]