PDA

View Full Version : Neverending Dungeon - Karen

Tanaric
2009-11-10, 01:17 PM
The air surrounding you fairly hums with the residue of magic, an aftereffect of the spell that brought you to this place. A quick glance reveals that you are in a fairly spacious, rectangular room, devoid of any life save for yourself. The sound of dripping water can be heard faintly, and the stone walls are slick with moisture. In complete defiance of logic, two torches are already lit and resting in brackets, one by each of the doors.

Map:{table]|A_|B_|C_|D_
1|||||
2|||||
3|||||
4||K|||
5|||||
6|||||
7|||||
[/table]

There is a door at A-1, north side, and another at D-4.

DM notes:5, 6, 6

Derjuin
2009-11-10, 03:33 PM
After getting my bearings, I decide to carefully move over to the door at D-4, and look it over, search its hinges and such to make sure it isn't trapped before I try opening it.

Search check, right?
[roll0]

Tanaric
2009-11-10, 03:36 PM
You find concealed copper wires strewn all across the door and the surrounding wall. They seem to carry a current of some sort.

Derjuin
2009-11-10, 06:28 PM
I think I'll go look over the other door too, then...

[roll0]

Tanaric
2009-11-10, 06:31 PM
You don't find any traps.

Derjuin
2009-11-10, 08:55 PM
I'll draw and load my crossbow, then open the door.

Tanaric
2009-11-10, 09:34 PM
As you lay your hand on the door, several hundred lines of crackling blue energy appear, surrounding the door and much of the adjacent wall in a spiderweb pattern. The energy leaps from the door to your hand, giving you quite a shock.

The previously hidden copper wires are now visible as thin black marks on the door, which they have charred quite thoroughly.

You take 1 electric damage.

Derjuin
2009-11-11, 03:26 PM
"A-ow!"

Karen shakes her shocked hand and swears on her luck, then grabs the handle of the door again and tries to open it, hoping the trap would only go off once...

Tanaric
2009-11-11, 07:26 PM
Opening the door reveals a hall that runs to the east and west, though it is impossible to tell how far without a light source.

Derjuin
2009-11-12, 02:50 PM
If the previous room's torches can be removed without much hazard, I'll take one of those from its holder and move into the hallway, seeing if the light can help me see the end of either side of the hall.

Tanaric
2009-11-12, 03:30 PM
The torch lifts from its holder easily. Taking it out into the hall reveals that the hall runs to the east for fifteen feet before turning north, and to the west for twenty-five feet before turning south.

Derjuin
2009-11-12, 04:27 PM
(I should probably attach my sheet to my signature, I just realized I have Darkvision 30 ft...) I put the torch back in the holder and slink out to the east, using my darkvision to carefully peek around the corner at the end of the hall.

Tanaric
2009-11-12, 06:39 PM
The hall continues to the north for twenty feet before teeing to the east and west.

Derjuin
2009-11-16, 08:25 AM
I'll carefully creep down the corridor and, with my back to the west wall, look down the eastern corridor and, if I don't see anything in particular down that way, poke my head out from behind the corner to see if anything is down the western corridor.

Tanaric
2009-11-17, 08:21 PM
The hall continues to the east for twenty feet before turning north, and to the west for ten feet before turning south. There is a door on the east face of the northern bend.

Derjuin
2009-11-22, 11:58 AM
I'll carefully walk up to the door and then search it and the surrounding area for traps.

Door:
[roll0]

Area:
[roll1]

Tanaric
2009-11-22, 09:22 PM
You don't notice anything out of the ordinary on the door.

The hall continues to the north for ten feet before teeing to the east and west.