PDA

View Full Version : Neverending Dungeon - Tarith

Tanaric
2009-11-10, 01:38 PM
The air surrounding you fairly hums with the residue of magic, an aftereffect of the spell that brought you to this place. A quick glance reveals that you are in a fairly spacious room, devoid of any life save for yourself. The sound of dripping water can be heard faintly, and the stone walls are slick with moisture. In complete defiance of logic, two torches are already lit, one hanging by each of the doors presumably leading out of the room.

Map:{table]|A_|B_|C_|D_|E_|F_|G_
1||||||||
2||||||||
3||||||||
4|||T|||||
5||||||||
6||||||||[/table]

There is a door at G-3, and another at F-6.

DM notes:3, 1, 3

BooNL
2009-11-10, 02:17 PM
Tareth

"Well, looky here, a real dungeon. Bet I can find some magical beasts in here!"

After this terrible piece of roleplaying, Tareth will bind a Blink Vest and Kruthick Claws (with one essentia in the last).
This will give me 10ft dimension door as a standard action and +6 to hide and move silently.

He will then carefully move to G3 and examine the door. Take 20 on search check

Tanaric
2009-11-10, 03:15 PM
You find that there are hundreds of concealed copper wires laced over the door. They seem to carry a current of some sort.

BooNL
2009-11-10, 05:15 PM
Tarith won't even bother. He'll dimension door 5ft to get on the other side of the door.

In the next room, asuming there are no enemies, he will search for traps. He'll also be vewwy quiet in the pwocess.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

Tanaric
2009-11-10, 05:16 PM
You find yourself in complete darkness.

I've wanted to say this for so long...

It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a Grue.

BooNL
2009-11-10, 05:33 PM
Woops, usually play something with darkvision. Silly me...

DD (dimension door) back into previous room, light my hooded lantern and pop back in.
I take it my rolls still count?

Tanaric
2009-11-10, 05:44 PM
You find yourself in a hall that runs to the north and south. To the north, it extends for thirty feet before teeing into a east/west hall. To the south, it extends for twenty feet before turning east.

Fifteen feet to the north, there is a door on the eastern side of the hall.

Ten feet to the south, there is an east-running hall connected to the one you're in. You can barely make out that there is a pit in it, but you cannot see how wide it is.

At the eastern bend to the south, there is a door on the south wall.

Edit: Yes, you can still count your rolls. Which square did you want to search first?

BooNL
2009-11-10, 06:00 PM
Eh... all of them? :smallbiggrin:

Moving south, towards the one door. I will make a search check every couple of steps. Also searching the door when I get there. These should be enough:
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]
[roll8]
[roll9]

Edit: looks like I'm screwed...

Tanaric
2009-11-10, 06:06 PM
You trip over a tripwire five feet from the door you left. The sound of stone grinding on stone can be heard for perhaps a minute before fading away.

BooNL
2009-11-10, 06:13 PM
Sounds ominous *spooky*.

Anyway, I'm off to bed but don't hesitate punishing and torturing my character some more!

Tanaric
2009-11-10, 09:25 PM
If you continue all the way south to the door:You note as you pass the eastern split that the pit is fifteen feet wide.

Upon reaching the door, you see that the eastern bend continues for twenty feet before turning north.

You see no traps on the door.

BooNL
2009-11-11, 12:41 AM
Tarith will quietly open the door and attempt to peek inside.
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

Tanaric
2009-11-11, 11:29 AM
Opening the door reveals the following room:{table]|A_|B_|C_|D_|E_|F_
1|||||||
2|||||||
3||||1|||
4||2|||||
5|||||||
[/table]

There is a door at B-1 (which you are standing just outside of), another at A-4, and a third at F-5, on the south side of the room.

Two seemingly human figures are seated around a small campfire in the room. Spot checks, please. (Didn't see that you already rolled it.)

You realize that human 1 is actually an elf. A headband is wrapped around his ears, concealing his most distinguishing racial trait, but his delicate features give away his origins. He is wearing leather armor studded with metal, and is carrying a longsword and a buckler, with a longbow across his back. He smiles at you, as though at an inside joke.

Human 2 seems to be only a very attractive human, until you realize that you can see a row of needlelike teeth through the veil across his mouth. He too is wearing studded leather armor, and is carrying a rapier loosely in one hand, with a light crossbow hanging from his belt. He smiles too, a chilling expression that never reaches his eyes.

They see you at the same time you see them.

Roll initiative.

1d20+1
1d20+2

Tanaric
2009-11-11, 11:31 AM
Let's try that again.

[roll0]
[roll1]

BooNL
2009-11-12, 02:48 AM
[roll0]

Assuming I win this round. I will charge head first at human 2 (B4).

[roll1] (+5 attack, +2 charge]
[roll2]

Stats:
HP 11
AC 13 (15 -2 charge)

Tanaric
2009-11-12, 02:14 PM
He goes down hard.

The elf stands up and steps closer to you, longsword flashing in a quick arc aimed at your neck.

[roll0]
[roll1]

BooNL
2009-11-13, 05:20 AM
The elf misses by a hair. Tarith retaliates by jabbing the long spine running on his right arm at his assailant.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Tanaric
2009-11-13, 04:43 PM
The elf calmly sidesteps the blow, then turns in a flash and tries behead you again.

[roll0]
[roll1]

BooNL
2009-11-15, 07:41 AM
AC 15
HP 11/11

That's a narrow miss as Tarith feels the wind of the blade surging past his face. He continues their little dance with his own attack.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Tanaric
2009-11-15, 07:47 PM
The elf deflects your blade with the precise movements of a well-trained warrior, then makes an equally precise surprisingly ungainly counterattack.

[roll0]
[roll1]

BooNL
2009-11-16, 02:00 AM
Bla bla bla, combat discription, bla bla BLOOD, KILL, MAYHEM!!!

I'm gonna do a set of rolls here, so unless something about the combat changes you can asume these my next three rounds.

[roll0]
[roll1]

[roll2]
[roll3]

[roll4]
[roll5]

Edit: :smalleek:

Tanaric
2009-11-16, 02:11 AM
Lalalaflufffluffflufflalala

[roll2]
[roll3] 1d8+1 [roll4]

Edit: He's down and bleeding on your third swing.

BooNL
2009-11-16, 02:25 AM
The second attack is going to hit (the third as well, but the elf will be down by then, so the swing won't count, right?). Can you make your roll for that attack? I really don't want to eat that 9 damage from attack 3 :smallannoyed:.

With the elf down, Tarith will Coupe de Grace him and the other combatant and will inspect their belongings, see what he can pick from the dead.

Tanaric
2009-11-16, 03:28 AM
[roll0]Whitetext

150 xp, and a loot list to follow tomorrow morning.

BooNL
2009-11-16, 03:43 AM
Tarith is still alive!

After securing his newfound treasure, Tarith will investigate the room further. Are there any chests or other important features to be found here?

If not, he will search the door at A-4 for any traps. Taking 20 on the check (for a total of 25).

Tanaric
2009-11-17, 08:16 PM
Take what you like from the following: Longsword, longbow, studded leather armor, buckler, nineteen arrows, rapier, light crossbow, ten bolts, nicer looking studded leather armor, noble's outfit, and 12 gp, 150 sp.

You find no traps on the door.

BooNL
2009-11-18, 03:09 AM
Do I know if the nicer studded armor is masterwork or magical in nature? I will sort through their possessions later and note on my sheet which I'm taking with me. Most likely the armor and the bow.

Tarith will open the door, fully expecting it to blow up in his face.

Tanaric
2009-11-18, 07:38 PM
Do you have a means of determining if it's magical or not?

Opening the door reveals a hall running to the north and south.

To the north, it runs for twenty feet before ending in a door.

To the south, it runs for thirty feet before turning east. It splits to the west ten feet down.

BooNL
2009-11-19, 03:02 AM
My means was asking you... Do I at least know if its masterwork?

Swift action to pour an essentia point into Blink Shirt, will dimension door 20ft to the northern door. Will then take 20 on checking out the door. (25 search total).

Tanaric
2009-11-19, 06:26 PM
Yes to masterwork, no to traps.