PDA

View Full Version : Dork tower vs. OotS

waterpenguin43
2009-11-10, 05:25 PM
In my opinion, OotS is a better comic than Dork Tower for three reasons:
-OotS is, in my opinion, funnier.
-OotS has a more realistic expectation of reactions for the character.
-OotS has an actual plot.
Remember, this is all my opinion, and if you believe otherwise, feel free to state that.

Walrus
2009-11-10, 05:37 PM
I don't think it's an especially fair comparison, really. Dork Tower is basically a gag-a-day strip (except it's typically done in a page style instead of a horizontal strip), while OOTS is a long-form narrative. They're not really trying to accomplish the same things other than the fact that they both have gaming jokes in them.

hamishspence
2009-11-11, 03:55 AM
Dork tower (Dragon magazine) vs OoTS (Dragon magazine) might be a fairer comparison though.

When they were both gag-a-month strips.

Berserk Monk
2009-11-11, 09:50 AM
I don't think it's an especially fair comparison, really. Dork Tower is basically a gag-a-day strip (except it's typically done in a page style instead of a horizontal strip), while OOTS is a long-form narrative. They're not really trying to accomplish the same things other than the fact that they both have gaming jokes in them.

True. Also, why are you making the comparison? They are lots of D&D based webcomics so why pick those two out? Besides, Dork Tower tries to be more of a social commentary/ satire of our culture type (a different kind of humor than OotS).

waterpenguin43
2009-11-11, 02:28 PM
Because my friend showed me Dork Tower and those are the only two I've heard of.

Athaniar
2009-11-12, 02:56 AM
Check out some Dragon magazines, they have both strips plus several other good ones.

Telonius
2009-11-12, 09:17 AM
OotS's website has also not been malfunctioning for the last two weeks (unlike Dork Tower).

Mordokai
2009-11-12, 09:24 AM
@^ but we all remember how bad it was when GitP was malfuctioning. Dork Tower issues are nothing compared to that. Besides, it mosly works fine for me, as of late.

And like it was already said, you can't really compare them. I like and read both of them and each of them is good at what it does. But they really can't be compared.

Although Dork Tower gets major bonus points, because the short member of the cast(Igor) doesn't annoy me, unlike short member of the cast in OotS(Belkar).