PDA

View Full Version : DSTP Pre-Order Gift?

The Glyphstone
2009-11-10, 07:23 PM
Was it ever officially announced what this is? I can't find anything on the ookoodook site describing it.

BatRobin
2009-11-10, 07:31 PM
Only Rich knows what it is, but it's not for DSTP, it's for $50+ in one order.

Kish
2009-11-10, 07:32 PM
Not yet. Rich just said "there will be one," and that people who place $50+ preorders that include Don't Split the Party will get it, including the ones who preorder before the gift is officially announced.

The Recreator
2009-11-10, 07:45 PM
If I recall correctly, there should be two bonus items:

An unknown item for ordering DSTP before Christmas.
A magnet for ordering $50 worth of items from Ookoodook (not including shipping).

Both offers should be retroactive, meaning you'll still get the item if you order now.

Hold on, here's the exact quote:

There will be some sort of gift for people who order the new book before Christmas, and a magnet for anyone who spends $50 or more (regardless of what they buy).

Both gifts will be applied retroactively back to the beginning of Ookoodook once we are ready to announce them (probably in a few days; I need to get them back from THEIR printer first). So if you order now, you will get the gifts even though they haven't been officially announced.

The Glyphstone
2009-11-10, 09:33 PM
Yeah - the magnet isn't terribly interesting, but I'm curious as to the mystery gift.

Nimrod's Son
2009-11-10, 10:14 PM
I'm curious as to the mystery gift.
:elan: Ooo! Do you think it might be a t-shirt? Or how about a book? Do you think it's a book printed on a t-shirt? Do you think it's a mug? Do you think it's a snow globe? Do you think it's a drumkit? Do you think it's a helicopter? Do you think it's a horse?

Do you think it's a robot?

NerfTW
2009-11-11, 01:58 AM
Yeah - the magnet isn't terribly interesting, but I'm curious as to the mystery gift.

It would probably also be a magnet. There have been magnets with most new book releases. I wouldn't go expecting anything extravagant. (Like a T-shirt).

Vargtass
2009-11-11, 02:09 AM
:elan: Ooo! Do you think it might be a t-shirt? Or how about a book? Do you think it's a book printed on a t-shirt? Do you think it's a mug? Do you think it's a snow globe? Do you think it's a drumkit? Do you think it's a helicopter? Do you think it's a horse?

Do you think it's a robot?

Yes, thats exactly what I think. I think the gift is a robot. An angry robot with laser beam eyes and crushing titanium claws, sent from the future to punish us in the past.

sam79
2009-11-11, 03:30 AM
If I recall correctly, there should be two bonus items:

An unknown item for ordering DSTP before Christmas.
A magnet for ordering $50 worth of items from Ookoodook (not including shipping).

Both offers should be retroactive, meaning you'll still get the item if you order now.

Just to be needlessly pedantic; a later clarification from Rich indicated that the $50 had to include at least one OotS item to qualify for the free gift.

In fact, as long as one product is OOTS, the rest can be whatever you want

Teddy
2009-11-11, 07:26 AM
This is written on the top of the Ookoodook news:

"11/10/09 - Free Holiday Cards! Get two free Order of the Stick holiday cards with the purchase of The Order of the Stick: Don't Split the Party!"

Could that be the gift?

sam79
2009-11-11, 07:28 AM
Good catch! I reckon that's got to be it.

Ninja
2009-11-11, 07:55 AM
Yes, thats exactly what I think. I think the gift is a robot. An angry robot with laser beam eyes and crushing titanium claws, sent from the future to punish us in the past.

This is written on the top of the Ookoodook news:

"11/10/09 - Free Holiday Cards! Get two free Order of the Stick holiday cards with the purchase of The Order of the Stick: Don't Split the Party!"

:elan: Wow, your guess was totally wrong!

Vargtass
2009-11-11, 08:32 AM
:elan: Wow, your guess was totally wrong!

:roy: Sigh.