PDA

View Full Version : Castlevania

Inhuman Bot
2009-11-10, 07:54 PM
I've been a castlevania fan for a long time.

I really like Castlevania. In fact, the only one I don't like is Judgement.

Now, my birthday is coming up, and I ask this to my fellow Castlevania fans: If I were to get 2 of the CV games, which ones are among the better ones to your tastes?

I own Symphony of the Night, both the Sorrow games, CV 1, Lament of Innocence, Circle of the Moon, and harmony of dissonence.

Order of Ecclesia seems pretty good, but I haven't gotten around to playing it.

So, your opinions?

Sholos
2009-11-11, 12:33 AM
Super Castlevania IV (SNES)

and

Portrait of Ruin (DS)

Both are really, really good.

chiasaur11
2009-11-11, 12:37 AM
I hear Aria of Sorrow and Dawn of Sorrow are quite good.

So, there's that.

Man, I loved Circle of the Moon. Killed the giant goat demon with knives.

Good times.

Hunter Noventa
2009-11-11, 12:40 AM
Symphony of the Night is still the best. Mostly because the DS ones have annoying gimmicks in my opinion.

Inhuman Bot
2009-11-11, 01:10 AM
Symphony of the Night is still the best. Mostly because the DS ones have annoying gimmicks in my opinion.

My main issue with SotN is how easy it is. The Red Rust Challenge exists for a reason. :p

JerryMcJerrison
2009-11-11, 07:38 AM
My main issue with SotN is how easy it is. The Red Rust Challenge exists for a reason. :p

If you're looking for harder, Ecclesia is just that. It's the first DS Castlevania where I actually have to be careful.

Terraoblivion
2009-11-11, 07:40 AM
That is the general opinion, Jerry. I personally found it easier than Dawn of Sorrow and Portrait of Ruin. However, both Order of Ecclesia and Portrait of Ruin are really good. I personally preferred the latter of those two, since i found the areas to be much more interesting but general opinion seems to be towards the latter.

Oregano
2009-11-11, 08:47 AM
If you have a Wii there's a new(ish) one coming soon to the Wiiware, it's apparently a remake of a crappy Gameboy Castlevania but made good. It's already out in Japan and it's old school Castlevania, not a Metroidvania game.

MoelVermillion
2009-11-12, 04:26 AM
Portrait of Ruin/Order of Eclessia are both excellent games and seeing as you appear to have a DS they'd be a great choice for you. I personally preffer Portrait of Ruin but they're both great games.

ObadiahtheSlim
2009-11-12, 09:31 AM
I had Castlevania 3 for my NES. I also played Symphony of the Night. SON was kinda easy, but luck mode was kinda hard until you got a decent weapon. Then it got easy again. Easier a bit I think because you would get all the rare drops.

Inhuman Bot
2009-11-12, 04:32 PM
Yes, I have a DS, Wii and Xbox 360.

Allright, I decided on Ecclesia, and got it as an early gift from a family member who was only in town until Wensday.

Next topic of conversation. Why is Ecclesia's Death such a pushover? He's the only boss I have a boss medal for so far! I mean, sure I used the Vol Luminato/Umbra union 3 times, was wearing a ring of death and using Dominus Agony with a ring of the devil to boost my stats to truely absurd levels, but still. :smalltongue:

Even without that, I'm having more trouble with Eligor. :smallannoyed:

Oregano
2009-11-12, 06:21 PM
I think you should still consider getting Castlevania Adventure Rebirth when it launches on the Wiiware. After all it's only going to be 800 points($8 IIRC).