PDA

View Full Version : Neverending Dungeon - Aradin

Tanaric
2009-11-10, 08:43 PM
The air surrounding you fairly hums with the residue of magic, an aftereffect of the spell that brought you to this place. A quick glance reveals that you are in a cramped, rectangular room, devoid of any life save for yourself. The sound of dripping water can be heard faintly, and the stone walls are slick with moisture. In complete defiance of logic, a torch is already lit, resting in a bracket by the sole door visible in the room.

Map:{table]|A_|B_|C_|D_
1|||||
2||A|||
[/table]

There is a door at A-1, west side.

DM notes:2, 10, 4

loser0ll
2009-11-10, 09:04 PM
Shaking his head at the dizzyness from the recent magical effects, Aradin looks around him. His gear and familiar minion seem to have come along... but it was clear he had few options. He cautiously paced the entire room, searching each and every square foot of it, finishing with the door. He might need this room as a base of operations...

(Taking 20 on Search checks - total of +26 on the check)

Tanaric
2009-11-10, 09:39 PM
Does your character have Trapfinding? I lost track of all the sheets. :smallyuk:

loser0ll
2009-11-10, 09:52 PM
(No Trapfinding, so any trap with a DC over 25 is out of my range. Just to be clear, I won't actually be opening the door just yet or anything.)

Tanaric
2009-11-10, 09:55 PM
Actually, it's anything with over 20 DC, unless you have a feat or something that boosts that.

You don't find anything out of the ordinary in the room or on the door.

loser0ll
2009-11-10, 10:29 PM
Mostly convinced of the room's safety, Aradin still worries that his 'safe room' might not be entirely secure. He has his Skeleton Minion walk through the room, touching things needlessly to test for further traps, before it finally prods the door from 10 feet away with a long pole. If nothing is set off, the orders the Skeleton to open the door and ready against an attack as Aradin steps up behind it, using his low-light vision and the glow from his Everburning Torch, set down in the room to cast just enough light for him to see into the hallway without attracting too much attention.

Tanaric
2009-11-10, 10:34 PM
The skeleton's prodding triggers a trap on the door. At the touch of the pole, a web of concealed copper wires flares to life, a current of crackling blue energy running the length of each wire. Having nowhere better to go, the energy dissipates harmlessly into the air, leaving behind a very scorched door.

loser0ll
2009-11-10, 10:46 PM
(Wow... I'm not sure what kinda damage that might have done, but I'm pretty glad I got a Skeleton.)

Seeing the trap set off, Aradin continues with his plan of cautiously proceeding into the area outside of the room - skeleton first.

Tanaric
2009-11-10, 10:49 PM
Opening the door reveals a corridor running to the north and south. To the north, it continues for ten feet before turning east. To the south, it continues for forty feet before turning east.

loser0ll
2009-11-10, 10:55 PM
Setting his Skeletal Minion to guard the door, and block anything trying to enter, Aradin moves slowly along with his Everburning Torch, looking carefull for traps. If nothing attacks by the time he reaches the turn to the East, he orders his Skeleton to come forward and begin walking ahead of him, prodding the ground and walls with the 10-foot pole. He walks 10 feet behind the Skeleton.

Tanaric
2009-11-10, 10:56 PM
Both paths turn to the east. Which way are you going?

loser0ll
2009-11-10, 10:58 PM
Oh, sorry - I check both ways. I stop after looking down the path to see if there are any threats - assuming both are enemy free, I head through the path North with my Skeleton.

Tanaric
2009-11-10, 11:02 PM
[roll0] 1 is north first, 2 is south first.

You trip over a tripwire five feet to the north of the door you left. The sound of stone grinding on stone can be heard for perhaps a minute before fading away.

loser0ll
2009-11-10, 11:05 PM
Aradin curses, upset that his 'Have the Skeleton check the ground with a 10-foot long stick' plan didn't seem to work out. He quickly throws himself to his feet before rushing back to the room, having the Skeleton run with him. He braces himself for whatever beasts the tripwire might have unleashed at him. If nothing happens, he heads back in that same direction, this time allowing the Skeleton to take the lead, keeping 10 feet behind it, so that even if the pole misses a trap, the Skeleton will set it off.

Tanaric
2009-11-10, 11:07 PM
Was the skeleton supposed to be in front of you for that last part? I read it as you having the skeleton stand by the door.

loser0ll
2009-11-10, 11:11 PM
I had the Skeleton wait while I searched the very first part of the area for enemies - if the grap was over DC 20 to find, I would have missed it during the searching and tripped. If it was findable or I didn't encounter it in the very first part, the Skeleton was with me. Also, oh my god you update fast! ^_^

Tanaric
2009-11-10, 11:12 PM
Apologies. Didn't realize you were taking 20.

You find a tripwire five feet to the north and five feet to the south of the door you came out of. You can step over them easily now that you know where they are, but your skeleton will need special instructions to do so each time it passes through the squares.

loser0ll
2009-11-10, 11:16 PM
Looking at the wires, Aradin grins slightly. "My first tool..." He mumbles to himself, having the Skeleton join him safely, somewhat pleased that he now might have an extra warning in case something approaches his current safe-haven. He moves down the path to the North, searching the ground as the Skeleton prods along with the stick on areas already searched, just in case there are traps beyond his skill to find.

Tanaric
2009-11-10, 11:19 PM
You reach the eastern bend uneventfully. It continues to the east for thirty feet before turning south. Ten feet from the bend you're at, there is a short (five foot) hallway on the north side of the corridor, ending in a door.

loser0ll
2009-11-10, 11:22 PM
Aradin searches the door once more, before having the Skeleton prod it with the pole in a knocking fashing and then open it should no reply come. He stands back and to the side, Longbow with an arrow readied to fire should anything hostile wait on the other side.
For now, it's safe to assume I'm taking 20. Until I find out some reason otherwise, it just seems safer.

Tanaric
2009-11-10, 11:23 PM
You find a tripwire in front of the door.

loser0ll
2009-11-10, 11:26 PM
Aradin looks down and shakes his head sadly, annoyed with the mass of traps. He really wishes he had a nice Goblin slave to just walk ahead and deal with this, instead of his beloved Skeletal Minion.

He continues the previous plan, having his Minion knock on and then open the door - ordering it not to touch the wire at all. If this is not possible, he has the Skeleton stand back and prod the tripwire to set it off before opening the door.

Tanaric
2009-11-10, 11:34 PM
Listen check.

loser0ll
2009-11-10, 11:36 PM
I would include a Listen check for the Skeleton, but I think it'd be a bit much to have him prodding and listening and avoid the wire all at once.1d20-2

loser0ll
2009-11-10, 11:37 PM
[roll0]
Attempt number 2.

loser0ll
2009-11-10, 11:40 PM
Jesus! I didn't even edit it!
1d20=2
*cries* Please just roll this one for me?

Tanaric
2009-11-10, 11:42 PM
[roll0]

You probably tried to submit it before the one-minute timer, which nixes the roll, forcing you to retype it.

You hear the sound of alarmed shouts from behind the door when your skeleton knocks on it.

loser0ll
2009-11-10, 11:48 PM
Aradin smiles to himself, and shouts. "Everyone - retreat, quick! We're too wounded to last through another!" in a hope to bait the enemy out. (If any rolls are needed for that, I'll leave it to you, since I'm not sure what, if anything, would be needed.) He continues to stand ready, quietly instructing the skeleton to stand back and ready an attack to throw a Javelin while continuing to ready his own arrow - the Skeleton is closer to the door, so any enemies charging him will have to deal with the trip-wire and an AoO from the Skeleton as they cross, if possible.

Tanaric
2009-11-11, 12:10 AM
You didn't make out enough to distinguish the language being spoken. Which language are you shouting that in?

loser0ll
2009-11-11, 12:12 AM
(Ah - sorry about that. Goblin for now I guess.)

Tanaric
2009-11-11, 12:13 AM
No response.

loser0ll
2009-11-11, 12:28 AM
Deciding his plan was unsuccessful, Aradin calls out in each of his languages - Orc, Goblin, Common, Elven, Dwarven and Draconic. He asks "Who is in there?" in each of the languages available.

Tanaric
2009-11-11, 12:35 AM
Listen check.

loser0ll
2009-11-11, 12:37 AM
1d20-2
If I fail, I repeat the message in the language they responded to until I manage to hear, or they open the door. I and the Skeleton keep an attack readied.

loser0ll
2009-11-11, 12:38 AM
(AGAIN!)
[roll0]
(And the too early post again....)

Tanaric
2009-11-11, 12:40 AM
You barely make out the sound of more surprised shouting when you speak your message in Elven.

Nothing happens with the door, however.

loser0ll
2009-11-11, 12:43 AM
Attempting the 'lure them out' plan again, Aradin calls out in Elven loudly. "Please, open the door - my Elven brothers are badly wounded and can't last much longer out here!"

If nothing happens, he has the Skeleton open the door (again, avoiding the wire) and readies an action for the surprise round when it opens the door.

Tanaric
2009-11-11, 12:51 AM
Do any of the following hit your skeleton's flatfooted AC?

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

loser0ll
2009-11-11, 01:04 AM
The second does. The others don't.

Tanaric
2009-11-11, 01:23 AM
The arrow does [roll0] damage, minus your skeleton's DR.

Map coming in the morning.

loser0ll
2009-11-11, 01:29 AM
The Minion shrugs off the damage, the arrows having no real effect on it's skeletal frame.
(So that's it for the night then?)

Tanaric
2009-11-11, 01:32 AM
Yessir. I do need at least two hours of beauty sleep, after all. :smallwink:

loser0ll
2009-11-11, 01:39 PM
Doodeeedoooooo... *tap-dances* *waits on map*
Heh, sorry if I seem impatient - this is my first real dungeon crawl, and I'm curious about how this first encounter is gonna work. My build isn't exactly optimized for incredible power... each level is going to depend on a few key features I've planned out working well. This first fight will test some.

Tanaric
2009-11-11, 01:44 PM
Ack, sorry! I go by which threads I have and haven't replied to in my subscription folder, and I had the last reply to this one... :smallredface:

Opening the door reveals the following room:{table]|A_|B_|C_|D_|E_|F_|G_
1|||||||
2|||||1||
3|||||||
4|||||||
5|2||3||||
6|||||||
7|||||||
[/table]

There is a door at B-7 which you are standing just outside of, another at A-5, and a third at G-4.

There are three elves in the room, all of whom are wearing studded leather armor. They have longbows in hand, with bucklers strapped to their arms. Longswords rest at their belts. They're currently staring in horror at your skeleton.

Roll initiative.

loser0ll
2009-11-11, 01:48 PM
Oh, do you make markers of what enemies are where on the maps? That actually makes a pretty big deal to my character, since he'll be using some area-affect abilities and will try and take advantage of cover too. It's not quite as big of a deal as it might be to an Evoker, bit it's still a factor.

loser0ll
2009-11-11, 03:59 PM
Me
[roll0]
Skeleton (orders are to attack with Javelin, so if he beats me in Innitiative, I guess there won't exactly be a chance to talk my way out of this...)
[roll1]

Tanaric
2009-11-11, 04:04 PM
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

loser0ll
2009-11-11, 04:08 PM
Skeleton Attack Roll
[roll0]
Skeleton Damage Roll
[roll1]

loser0ll
2009-11-11, 04:14 PM
Aradin sighs as the Skeleton obeys his previous order - to attack. He steps into the room, drawing Quick-Drawing his Kukri as he goes, and slices at the Elf standing at A5.
(Skeleton - B7, attack against C5. Me - B6, Kurki slash against A5)
Attack
[roll0]
Regular Damage
[roll1]
Sneak Attack (I'm assuming they're flat-footed since I won innitiative)
[roll2]

EDIT : Can I give the skeleton orders in between turns, now that I'm not flat-footed, or do all orders need to be during my action still?

loser0ll
2009-11-11, 04:41 PM
Were you waiting for something more before you replied? I rolled my and the Skeleton's attacks, so it should be the Elves turns to go now...?

Tanaric
2009-11-11, 04:45 PM
No, I just have my attention split four ways right now. I'll get to this in a minute.

Tanaric
2009-11-11, 05:06 PM
The skeleton and you both miss. On their turns, the elves attack you, taking you for the skeleton's master.

A-5 (stays put), longsword swing: [roll0]
[roll1]

E-2, moves to B-1, longbow: [roll2]
[roll3]

C-5 (stays put), longsword swing: [roll4]
[roll5]

You can give your skeleton a command any time you can speak, unless I'm missing something.

loser0ll
2009-11-11, 05:23 PM
Adarin instructs the Skeleton to move, directing it's movement to avoid drawing attacks (C7, D7, E6(first diagonal cost 1 square), E5, D4(second diagonal cost 2 squares) for a total of 6 squares - 30 feet). It lashes out at the now-flanked Elf with a claw. Meanwhile, Aradin strikes with his twin Kukri, trying to gut the out-manuevered elf.
If the Elf goes down from either the Skeleton Claw Strike or the first Kukri attack, I use the remaining attack(s) against the other Elf.
Skeleton Attack and Damage
[roll0]
[roll1]
Kukri 1 Attack, Damage and Sneak Attack Damage
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
Kukri 1 Attack, Damage and Sneak Attack Damage
[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]
Also taking a 5-foot step to C-6 to put the Skeleton between me and the archer Elf to gain the +4 AC from Soft Cover after my attacks.

EDIT : Realized the Cover wouldn't work since the archer moved to B-1. Still moving to force the Long-sword elf to come out into the open part of the room to attack me again though.

loser0ll
2009-11-11, 05:24 PM
Kukri Critical Confirmation Rolls (leaving out Sneak Attack since it doesn't multiply on Critical)
[roll0]
[roll1]

Tanaric
2009-11-11, 05:45 PM
The first elf goes down from your skeleton's attack. The other goes down from your Kukri.

The elf with the bow fires another arrow at you.

[roll0]
[roll1]

loser0ll
2009-11-11, 05:54 PM
Both Aradin and the Skeleton charge at the remaining Elf, pinning him into the corner where his bow will be useless, trying to finish the fight quickly. The Skeleton moves to the corner of the room, instructed by Aradin who knows from experience bows are useless in striking against enemies rushing around near you.

Skeleton includes no charge or Flank bonus, but both are already included in my attack roll for Aradin. -2 to AC if the Elf gets a chance to strike again.
Skeleton Attack and Damage
[roll0]
Kukri Attack, Damage and Sneak Attack
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

loser0ll
2009-11-11, 06:28 PM
(Forgot the Skeleton Claw Damage)
[roll0]

Tanaric
2009-11-11, 06:30 PM
Your attack knocks the elf unconscious.

loser0ll
2009-11-11, 06:36 PM
Aradin looks at the Elves, not quite sure what to do at first. He eventually starts binding their wounds, trying to keep them from dying at least. Aware such heavy wounds will take most of them some time to recover on their own, he strips all the elves of their armor after closing and locking the doors and having his Skeleton recover it's thrown Javelin.

He places their equipment in a pile in the corner, and presses one Kukri against the throat of the most stable looking Elf, slapping it into consciousness if possible, making sure the Skeleton is standing guard over the other two just in case, with orders to kill whichever tries to move, stand or attack.

loser0ll
2009-11-11, 07:09 PM
By the way, if I can't wake anyone up just now, I slit the throats of the two most wounded and take the remaining one back - avoiding the tripwires as usual. I also transport the equipment of the Elves too.

Tanaric
2009-11-11, 08:00 PM
They're all out cold. Any preference as to which throats you slit?

loser0ll
2009-11-11, 08:23 PM
The two most injured die - I want the one likely to wake up first with me. I otherwise follow the plan of taking everything else from the room to my original 'safe room' - ordering the Skeleton to stay as a guard over the survivor and kill him is he tries to leave the room, while guarding the room against against anyone trying to come in. Before that, I Take 20 searching for any good/money in the room or on the Elves besides the equipment mentioned, and I have the Skeleton repeat the prodding-with-a-stick-and-then-open procedure just in case the original door was trapped on both sides.

Tanaric
2009-11-11, 08:49 PM
Well, I'm calling that three defeated elves, then.

150 xp, and three sets of the following: studded leather armor, buckler, longbow, longsword. Also fifty-eight arrows, 41 gp, and 190 sp.

You manage to bring the alive-but-knocked-out elf back to your safe room. What now?

loser0ll
2009-11-11, 09:04 PM
Aradin sets the wounded Elf in a corner, having his Skeleton watch over him, with orders to threaten with death once should the Elf try and move or escape. Aware of his own wounds, Aradin begins to go into a meditative trance of his own, hoping to allow some of his own wounds to heal as he waits away the hours before the Elf captive regains consciousness.
I'm guessing it'll be in an increment of 4 hours, since that's a 'resting period' for us Elves. If it takes 8 hours or more for the Elf to return to 0 HP, I change around my spells some.

Tanaric
2009-11-11, 09:17 PM
I would strongly advise against trying to rest without resorting to exceptionally clever methods. :smallsmile:

loser0ll
2009-11-11, 09:25 PM
I have half my HP gone, and these guys didn't have any healing items on them. Heck, they didn't even have any food on them, but at least I can go through 6 full resting cycles on a day's Trail Rations. Although...
To make sure of his safety, Aradin braces the 10-foot pole to hold the door close unless it is shoves, so that he'd be alerted of anything entering (Elves don't sleep, so only an incredibly low roll on a Listen check would fail I think) and casts his Alarm spell to alert him should anything approach. He also orders the Skeleton to stay in front of the door, holding it closed, and ordering it to make loud noise to alert him should the Elf wake or the door be tampered with or any other creatures enter.

(There, a door, pole-alarm, magical alarm, skeletal guard, skeletal alarm, elven special abilities and the trip-wires I intentionally left up. Hopefully that's enough to give me some rest to heal...)

Tanaric
2009-11-11, 09:34 PM
We'll call it enough for this once, to be sporting. :smallwink:

You wake up after trancing, having recovered a hitpoint. The elf is still out.

loser0ll
2009-11-11, 09:38 PM
[roll0] Well, one rest survived through. Is that check high enough to try setting some sort of Use Rope check to hold the door in place even more firmly?

Tanaric
2009-11-11, 09:39 PM
Is that roll for anything in particular?

Unless otherwise mentioned, all doors are sliding metal. Your ten foot pole wouldn't have done much of anything against someone trying to come inside. No, that doesn't help you rig something to keep the door shut.

loser0ll
2009-11-11, 09:42 PM
Ah, sliding metal doors.... that affects things. Those wires that conducted the electricity, are they still hanging there?

Tanaric
2009-11-11, 09:45 PM
In theory, but they're so thin they couldn't hold much weight. You snapped most of them off when you opened the door.

loser0ll
2009-11-11, 09:54 PM
I carefully check the wires before having the Skeleton pull all usable portions off. I combine them and a portion of my silk rope to form a sort of holding device for the Elf, so that if he tries to struggle out and fails, it would cause his damage instead of mearly costing time. (Taking 20, if possible, on the Use Rope to bind him - +5 Mod, minus whatever penalties I get for combining the wire pieces. I'm basically trying to keep him from Taking 20 to escape once he wakes... although since using Escape Artist and making Stregnth Checks are Standard actions that would send him back from 0 to dying if he had just recovered, it might not be important... but it's still worth being sure.)

Feeling at least somewhat refreshed, Aladrin heads out with his Skeletal companion, closing the door behind him. Still carefully avoiding wires, he returns to the rooom he came from and takes the... A-5 door, Taking 20 on a Search Check before having his skeleton prod it and then open it.

Tanaric
2009-11-11, 09:56 PM
Is your rope silk or hempen, out of curiosity?

I'm blind. :smallsigh:

Tanaric
2009-11-11, 09:59 PM
You find nothing on the door. Your skeleton's prodding doesn't do anything but make noise.

Opening the door reveals a hallway running to the north and south. To the south, it continues for ten feet before ending in a blank wall. To the north, it continues for forty feet before turning east. Thirty feet from your door, an east-running hall connects to yours.

loser0ll
2009-11-11, 10:06 PM
Aradin searches the South path, and has the Skeleton prod ahead with it's pole before stepping ahead. He searches for any hidden doors or other things to the south, until, if he finds nothing, he heads to the North, searching the hallway running east from that direction if his Search+Skeleton method encounters no traps.

Tanaric
2009-11-11, 10:34 PM
You find nothing to the south.

Your skeleton finds a tripwire fifteen feet north of the door.

loser0ll
2009-11-11, 10:38 PM
Stepping carefully over the trap and having the Skeleton do the same, Aradin continues on north, then east.

Tanaric
2009-11-12, 01:58 PM
Which east path did you take?

loser0ll
2009-11-12, 01:59 PM
The first eastern path, using the usual Skeleton+Search safety method.

Tanaric
2009-11-12, 02:06 PM
And... at what distance are you following the skeleton?

loser0ll
2009-11-12, 02:58 PM
If the hallway is exceptionally wide, I stay 10 feet to the side of him. If it's not, I stay 20 feet behind him (30 feet total from the end of the pole).

Tanaric
2009-11-12, 04:17 PM
[roll0] Whitetext.

You hear a dart strike the wall near the location your skeleton is searching. Being twenty feet away, you can't see exactly where that was, though, since you'd be around the corner to do so.

All halls are 5-ft wide unless otherwise specified.

loser0ll
2009-11-12, 06:03 PM
I order the Skeleton back, and peak around the corner carefully as I send the Skeleton into roughly the area he would have been when the dart flew into the wall. If it seems the trap doesn't reset itself, I search for the dart to examine it for poison or the like. Whether I find any or not, I continue down the same direction, Skeleton still ahead.

Tanaric
2009-11-12, 07:31 PM
You see that the hall continues to the east for ten feet before turning north. Your skeleton stands in the square at the bend, moving its foot up and down on a pressure plate. No more darts fly out of the wall.

The dart looks completely normal.

loser0ll
2009-11-12, 07:50 PM
Aradin frowns at the dart - he had been hoping to find it covered in some poison he might have been able to use in the next fight he dealt with - his people, if there were more of them, weren't known for their hardiness against poisons. He continues on, using the usual methods - but avoid the pressure plate himself out of mild paranoia.

Tanaric
2009-11-13, 03:59 PM
At the bend, the hall continues to the north for ten feet before teeing to the east and west.

loser0ll
2009-11-13, 04:04 PM
Aradin looks both directions before heading East.

Tanaric
2009-11-14, 04:30 PM
The hall went ten feet west before turning south, and ten feet east before turning south.

At the eastern bend, you see that the hall continues south for ten feet before turning east again.

loser0ll
2009-11-14, 07:53 PM
Aradin backtracks to the room where he fought the Elves, and begins laying down some of the excess arrows collected from the defeated Elven warriors to direct his path, not wanting to risk going too much deeper with a trail.

Tanaric
2009-11-14, 07:54 PM
Do I really have to keep track of the squares where you're putting down arrows? D:

I can give you a map if you need it.

loser0ll
2009-11-14, 07:54 PM
Aradin backtracks to the room where he fought the Elves, and begins laying down some of the excess arrows collected from the defeated Elven warriors to direct his path, not wanting to risk going too much deeper with a trail. With this finished, he continues on the path he had already chosen, going down the path going east then south.

loser0ll
2009-11-14, 07:56 PM
No, just making sure you don't try to pull a 'You get lost with DC 25 Survival Check' or something. ^_^ As long as you aren't planning on trying that, and we assume a 19 Intelligence character can form mental maps without a problem, we can just forget the whole arrow thing. I'd take a map, if it wouldn't cost you too much time.

Tanaric
2009-11-15, 06:53 PM
The hall continues east for twenty feet before turning south again.

loser0ll
2009-11-15, 09:38 PM
I continue along the path, still using the Skeleton as a protective device. If the changes are always one-direction only (like it turns, but there's only one way to go) it's safe to assume I continue on, until either...
1) A path where I need to actually choose directions
2) A trap
3) Creatures
4) We've walked for a total of just under 2 hours
5) We start walking in circles

Tanaric
2009-11-17, 07:38 PM
Very well.

You continue east, stepping over a tripwire your skeleton finds for you, then turn south. The hall continues south for forty feet before turning east. There is a door on the west side of the hall, twenty-five feet down, and another on the south face of the bend.

loser0ll
2009-11-17, 09:01 PM
I was starting to wonder if the Neverending Dungeon was ending :p The post rate was dropping for a while, then a couple days with no replies had me thinking it was game-over already. Glad to see I was wrong.
Aradin looks at the door then shrugs, before having the skeleton touch the door on the west side of the hall. If it's safe, he opens it from the side, deliberately standing out of the line-of-sight of any potential attackers as he calls into the room in Common. "Hello the room - if there's anyone in there and your intentions are peaceful, call out now."

Tanaric
2009-11-18, 06:29 PM
It opens into the east side of the room that had the elves.

loser0ll
2009-11-18, 06:39 PM
Aradin sighs before heading back to his safe-room to check up on the bound Elf.

Tanaric
2009-11-18, 07:29 PM
He's still unconscious. Probably going to stay that way for a while, you suppose.

loser0ll
2009-11-18, 08:34 PM
Aradin shrugs, this time leaving the room and heading South before turning east instead of North like he has been.

Tanaric
2009-11-19, 05:43 PM
You find a tripwire five feet south of your starting room.

At the bend, you see that the hall continues east for forty feet before turning south. There is a door on the north side of the hall, twenty feet down.

loser0ll
2009-11-19, 06:27 PM
Remembering his last entry, Aradin casts Mage Armor on himself before having the Skeleton stand to the side with a Javeline, out of view. He quickly throws open the door and hope for the best...

Tanaric
2009-11-20, 01:14 PM
Opening the door reveals the following room:{table]|A_|B_|C_
1|s|s|s
2|||
3|||
4|||
5|||

[/table]

There is a door at C-5, south side, which you are standing just outside of. There are three black-furred, red-eyed squirrels on the back wall, two (A, C) at +5 elevation, while the other (B) is at +10.

Roll initiative.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

loser0ll
2009-11-20, 09:25 PM
[roll0]
Initiative roll.

Tanaric
2009-11-20, 09:27 PM
The entire room suddenly becomes filled with shadows, and the squirrels disappear from your sight.

loser0ll
2009-11-20, 09:28 PM
Skeleton Initiative
[roll0]

loser0ll
2009-11-20, 09:31 PM
I and the Skeleton both Ready An Action to attack as soon as something comes within reach (I with Kukri's, it with a Claw). We're stadning just outside the door, so we'll both attack anything together once it comes through.

Tanaric
2009-11-21, 01:18 PM
Nothing comes out. Your turn again.

loser0ll
2009-11-21, 05:56 PM
I draw out my Everburning Torch and drop it on the ground in front of me. (An Everburning Torch is an item that produces a Continual Flame effect. Continual Flame is on the 3rd Level Spell List for Clerics, and as a spell with the [Light] descriptor it overcomes effects of equal or lesser level - so unless the ability producing the darkness is equal to a 4th level spell or higher (and if so, this is waaaayyyyy higher of a CR than I was expecting this early...) it should overcome the darkness.) I then resume my readied stance while looking over the room.

Tanaric
2009-11-22, 09:16 PM
Unless you specifically bought a cleric-made version, I believe you get the default sorc/wiz 2 Continual Flame effect.

Anyhow, the torch dispels the shadows inside the room, revealing that the squirrels are in the same places as before.

loser0ll
2009-11-22, 11:36 PM
(Not sure why anyone would buy a Sorcer/Wizard version since they cost/function the same, but I didn't specify, so I guess Wizard it is.)
The Skeleton draws a Longbow and fires at one of the squirrels while I keep my readied stance to attack anything coming forward.
[roll0]
[roll1]

Tanaric
2009-11-23, 04:54 PM
Your skeleton misses. Darkness fills the room again, and your torch goes out. The squirrels disappear again.

loser0ll
2009-11-23, 05:03 PM
(My Everburning Torch goes out? o.O Jesus, what am I dealing with here..? Freaky little squirrels that can dispel permanent magic and create magical darkness...)
Lacking anything better to do at the moment, I and my Skeleton both attack towards the squares two of the squirrels previously held.
Attack - Longbow
[roll0]
Miss Chance (below 50 is a miss)
[roll1]
Damage
[roll2]
Attack - Longbow - Skeleton
[roll3]
Miss Chance (below 50 is a miss)
[roll4]
Damage
[roll5]

Tanaric
2009-11-23, 05:05 PM
Which square was your skeleton attacking, and how are the both of you fitting inside a 5x5 doorway?

loser0ll
2009-11-23, 05:08 PM
(Ah, sorry - we're both standing back a little (5-foot steps to move back so we can freely shoot ahead and still attack anything coming out) and firing straight ahead at C-1)

Tanaric
2009-11-24, 10:40 AM
Nothing happens. You continue to hear chittering. Your turn again.

loser0ll
2009-11-27, 08:22 PM
I send my Skeleton into the room, ordering him to approach the center and attack any enemies he encounters along the way.

Tanaric
2009-11-29, 04:33 PM
Your skeleton enters the room and looks around. It doesn't attack anything.

loser0ll
2009-11-29, 08:02 PM
I order the skeleton to continue circling the room, and to attack anything it encounters, while I re-draw my Kukri and ready an action to strike anything that comes after me or that the Skeleton manages to find.

Tanaric
2009-11-29, 08:08 PM
Your skeleton circles the room a couple times. It doesn't attack anything.

loser0ll
2009-12-02, 08:41 PM
I have the Skeleton search for any door available and open it up completely, having it make noise when the door is opened.

Tanaric
2009-12-03, 12:24 PM
Your skeleton closes and opens the door you're standing outside of, then makes noise in some fashion.

loser0ll
2009-12-05, 05:01 AM
I order the skeleton to open any -other- door it finds while searching the room.
(Alright, I admit, shoulda seen that one coming... >.>)

Tanaric
2009-12-06, 06:08 PM
It circles the room repeatedly, apparently unable to complete your request.