PDA

View Full Version : Druid Planar Shepherd Help

Bailey
2009-11-10, 08:55 PM
Hey guys i'm making a Ice themed Druid, Planar Shepherd and i was wondering if anyone could help me with the plane he might be aligned to using all books?

Thanks

Claudius Maximus
2009-11-10, 09:12 PM
The Paraelemental Plane of Ice?

Edit: Yeah, memory didn't serve too well on that name. It's actually the Elemental Plane of Cold.

Mongoose87
2009-11-10, 09:13 PM
Asking for help when you're a planar shepherd is cheating.

Pharaoh's Fist
2009-11-10, 09:20 PM
I refuse to help on principal.

Ice&Fire
2009-11-11, 02:26 AM
That poor DM

Tavar
2009-11-11, 02:35 AM
Granted, he's probably using the least powerful Planar type.

Sstoopidtallkid
2009-11-11, 02:37 AM
Granted, he's probably using the least powerful Planar type.And cold-based planes don't offer either free wishes or time-manipulation, so it's not horribly broken. It's just a Druid with a boost in power for virtually no cost.
:smalleek:

Akal Saris
2009-11-11, 02:39 AM
This should be obvious, but don't forget to check Frostburn for forms, spells, and feats :)

sonofzeal
2009-11-11, 02:42 AM
This thread is so full of awesome. :smallbiggrin::smallbiggrin::smallbiggrin:

Tavar
2009-11-11, 02:50 AM
And cold-based planes don't offer either free wishes or time-manipulation, so it's not horribly broken. It's just a Druid with a boost in power for virtually no cost.
:smalleek:

Well, I never said it was weak, just that it wasn't utterly broken, as some people are implying. It is freakishly strong, though.

Killer Angel
2009-11-11, 03:04 AM
Well, I never said it was weak, just that it wasn't utterly broken, as some people are implying. It is freakishly strong, though.

I wonder who are the other PCs.
If they're on the same level, I hope the master is GOOD, or is him that needs help.

Anyway, Akal is right: Frostburn is a must-have, for such a druid.

sonofzeal
2009-11-11, 03:06 AM
I wonder who are the other PCs.
If they're on the same level, I hope the master is GOOD, or is him that needs help.
When I first saw this thread, my immediate reaction was "ah, some unwary DM has allowed it in his campaign and needs our help!"

....and after I read the first post, I find out I was entirely correct. :smallwink:

Tackyhillbillu
2009-11-11, 10:33 AM
1. Put down you character sheet...
2. Light it on fire
3. Do something other then use the cheesiest PRC in existence.

Advice.

Optimystik
2009-11-11, 10:38 AM
1. Put down you character sheet...
2. Light it on fire
3. Do something other then use the cheesiest PRC in existence.

Advice.

Shouldn't he put it in the freezer instead? Gotta stay on theme.

UglyPanda
2009-11-11, 10:41 AM
No, fire is still perfectly in-theme. Fire is the weakness of that abomination which must never see the light of play.

I forget, are Cryohydras in the Elemental Plane of Cold?

Kobold-Bard
2009-11-11, 10:45 AM
Are you a Druid?
Do you find those forest-dwelling hippy Druids annoying?
Well then do we have a deal for you.

Ever wondered what happens when you cross the Elemental Plane of Water with the Negative Energy Plane?

Thaaaats right folks. You get the Quasi-Elemental Plane of Ice!!! (http://www.pathguy.com/ice.htm)

Order now and get an absolutely free Colossal Frost Worm Replica

DO IT NOW!!!

(Alternatively Cania, the frozen layer of Baator)

Bailey
2009-11-11, 10:49 AM
It's a 30th Level campaign and the party consists of a Yuan-ti Binder, a Hound Archon Crusader and an Awakened Arctic Fox Druid yet to join us is a half dragon ogre fighter barb warhulk or some other combination like that(not to sure of his char seeing as he hasn't attended a session yet) the DM knows what he's gotten himself into as he told us to go as broken as we liked and to use interestingly flavoured characters i was actually gonna use the class more as fluff for the story of my druid not the ridiculous class features and such but the DM on further review of the class banned it.

But i am open to any ideas you gentlemen might have for some interesting ACL's or fluff to go with his cold/ice theme

Bayar
2009-11-11, 10:54 AM
Dunno about what plane to choose. The elemental plane of water has icy areas that deal 1d6 points of cold subdual damage, but other than that :/

For flavour stuff: Beckon the Frozen (Frostburn). Your Summons deal an extra 1d6 cold damage. They are vulnerable to fire though. Take Frozen Wild Shape to turn into Cyrohydras. Use cold spells like: Blood Snow, Creeping cold, Arctic Haze, Boreal Wind, Blizzard, Call Avalanche, Frostfell.

And really, I cant see the problem in playing a broken PrC if you dont use it at it's full potential (directed at those in this thread that keep saying "Oooh, broken PrC wont help you").

Keshay
2009-11-11, 11:01 AM
Woudln't the plane he's looking for have to be Risia? Or is there some sort of poorly conceived notion of allowing setting-specific classes outside of their intended cosmology?

Foryn Gilnith
2009-11-11, 05:46 PM
Or is there some sort of poorly conceived notion of allowing setting-specific classes outside of their intended cosmology?

Rule 0 - DM is always right. If DM wants to adapt Planar Shepherd to his campaign he has the right to do so. For obvious reasons, he ought not to.
If you're running an epic campaign and allowing Planar Shepherd, you're liable to have many poorly conceived notions.

Wings of Peace
2009-11-11, 06:03 PM
This is my advice. It will be my only advice. Acquire Monster Manual II, now look up the Immoth, now make your Dungeon Master cry like a little girl.