PDA

View Full Version : Cleric Feats [3.5]

Temotei
2009-11-11, 12:42 AM
What are your favorite cleric feats? Personally, I find most cleric feats in core to be absolute...crap. So feel free to cite different sources.

The White Knight
2009-11-11, 12:44 AM
Divine Spell Power: increase your caster level with a turning check.
Divine Metamagic: expend turning attempts in place of increasing metamagic spell level.

Both in Complete Divine.

BobVosh
2009-11-11, 12:45 AM
I find feats to be things clerics really don't care much about. Most of my clerics have like 2.

Anyway most of the turn alternatives are fun feats. Some can snap a game over its knee like a rotten branch, but others are fun. See complete divine for a lot of em.

Sstoopidtallkid
2009-11-11, 12:46 AM
Many of the Divine feats(from CChamp or CDivine, primarily) are great, but you usually only want 1 or 2. Augment Healing allows you to be less of a healbot. Quicken Spell is always good. Everything else basically depends on build. Archers work very differently from CZillas which work very differently from chain-buffers.

lsfreak
2009-11-11, 12:56 AM
DMM:Persist or DMM:Quicken for any cleric. Then Zen Archery and Rapid Shot, Power Attack and Shock Trooper, or Chain Spell and Reach Spell, depending on what kind of role I'm going for (archery/melee/buffer). A few of the Devotion feats in CC, like Knowledge Devotion or Travel Devotion.

Divine Defiance from Fiendish Codex II. Blow a turn attempt to counterspell as an immediate action.

Curmudgeon
2009-11-11, 01:05 AM
I like some of the domain feats because they give you something to spend your turn/rebuke undead attempts on without going to the extreme of Divine Metamagic. For a melee Cleric, Travel Devotion is great. A CHA of 12 nets you 10 consecutive swift action moves for three daily encounters.

jiriku
2009-11-11, 10:50 AM
For almost any build:
Extra Turning

For a spell-slinging role:
Quicken Spell, Divine Metamagic (quicken)
Divine Spell Power, Heighten Turning
Chain Spell, Reach Spell

For a melee-based DPS role:
Extend Spell, Persistent Spell, Divine Metamagic (persistent spell)
Power Attack

For a healbot role:
Augment Healing, Sacred Healing (the PH2 version), and whatever that feat is in PH2 that lets you heal an ally at range.

Optimystik
2009-11-11, 10:52 AM
My personal favorite is Zen Archery, followed by many of the CC and CD feats.

Gorbash
2009-11-11, 06:01 PM
I'll be taking these feats on my next character:

1. Power Attack
3. Quicken Spell
6. Divine Metamagic (Quicken Spell)
9. Holy Warrior
12. Awesome Smite
15. Extra Turning
18. Divine Vigor