PDA

View Full Version : Fanfic containing OotS ending... Allowed?

Onyavar
2009-11-11, 07:09 AM
Hi at all.
As a big fan of Rich's wonderful online comic I can't wait to see the story resolved and finished. So I wrote an ending myself, a medium story starting at the antechamber of Kraagors Gate, ending shortly before the happy ending that Elan will get.

I don't own Rich's ingenious style of writing, and will instead burn some ideas of my epileptic forest. I believe my story to be funny, but taste is always arguable.

So much said. Why don't I just post my story here, you might ask? Because I first have to DRAW it. Pictures can transport stories much better than words, I believe. And some parts of my fanfiction are highly dependant on visual effects.
So, before drawing and posting something that might seem to be almost Rich's style, I first want to ask for allowance here. I've seen quite a lot of things from House of Horror and lurked around at the Crack Pairings Place and in fanfic/fanart threads. I've not seen so far what I'm suggesting here: A three-pager containing a fanfic about the story ending.

Intention is only to post my small story in this forum. I believe me to be on the right side of copyright laws when I alter the appearances of the characters enough. I'm not touching Rich's artwork. As mentioned before, there is also precedence in using OotS characters, e.g. in crack pairings thread. But I'm willing to follow any restrictions/suggestions from Mods or the Giant himself to make sure that this is not a transgression against any rules I might not be aware of.

If I get allowance here, I will take my time to carry out my ideas until Christmas/New Year, perhaps giving some updates before.

So, what do you say: Harmless, allowed fanfiction or forbidden copyright violation?

Keris
2009-11-11, 07:39 AM
This thread may prove informative.

Onyavar
2009-11-11, 10:22 AM
This thread may prove informative.

Ok, got the message, thank you for this information. There is a reason that such a thing as my story doesn't yet exist. So, I need to alter my story more than I have thought of before, good to know.

I also now ask the moderators to move this thread into that Arts and Crafts subforum, where it belongs. I was aware of that subforum, but have never dived too deep into it. Thanks again.