PDA

View Full Version : Some Mundane Weapons 3.5 (anime inspired) PEACH

Cyanic
2009-11-11, 08:16 AM
Christophian War Axe (from Scrapped Princess)

Exotic Weapon feat required.
Damage: 1d10 + 1.5x str bonus (1x str bonus as ranged)
Reach: 5 ' (15' as ranged)

This 2 handed axe has a thicker shaft then normal housing a 15' section of chain connecting the axe head to a high tension spring. A proficient wielder can press a release catch on the shaft while swinging the axe to release the chain from the tension spring causing the axe head to fly out as a ranged attack. Once the axe head reaches its full length or strikes an obstruction, the tension spring reengages and pulls the axe head back onto the shaft. This recoiling action is fast enough to allow multiple ranged attacks per round if the user is able.

Can be used for ranged tripping attacks. If the wielder loses the trip attempt the opponent cannot attempt to trip in return.

Can be used for ranged disarm attempts. If the wielder loses the disarm attempt the opponent cannot attemp a disarm in return.

Will probably add some more later...

Cyanic
2009-11-11, 08:38 AM
2-Handed Gunblade (from various FF games)

Damage: 1d10 + 1.5x str bonus (as 2h); 2d4 ranged
Reach: 5 ' (30' range increment)

This large sword is similar in contruction to a bastard sword but the tine of the blade houses a simple gun. The gun holds 3 rounds and reloads as a full round action.

The-Mage-King
2009-11-11, 09:26 AM
2-Handed Gunblade (from various FF games)

Damage: 1d10 + 1.5x str bonus (as 2h); 2d4 ranged
Reach: 5 ' (30' range increment)

This large sword is similar in contruction to a bastard sword but the tine of the blade houses a simple gun. The gun holds 3 rounds and reloads as a full round action.

Tried it over on the WotC forums, before the change.
Your's is better, though.

DracoDei
2009-11-11, 11:46 AM
Christophian War Axe
<Snip>
Once the axe head reaches its full length or strikes an obstruction, the tension spring reengages and pulls the axe head back onto the shaft. This recoiling action is fast enough to allow multiple ranged attacks per round if the user is able.
I would require a clockwork or magical mechanism (based around Telekinesis maybe) to recoil it, same as I did for the enchantment that I created for my Society Members that takes their repeater crossbows from pump-action to semi-auto.

Cyanic
2009-11-11, 12:06 PM
Lol I was almost thinking gnomish craftwork on it, but then I would have to add some christmas lights and an air horn.

Nero24200
2009-11-11, 12:31 PM
Do feats count as well? This one by Guilty Gear

HAIR ATTACK
Your hair is alive and long enough to strike foes at range.
Prerequisites: Improved Unarmed Strike
Benifit: Your hair is animated, granting you a reach of +5ft with your unarmed strikes.

TabletopNuke
2009-11-11, 01:29 PM
Do feats count as well? This one by Guilty Gear

HAIR ATTACK
Your hair is alive and long enough to strike foes at range.
Prerequisites: Improved Unarmed Strike
Benifit: Your hair is animated, granting you a reach of 5ft with your unarmed strikes.

Ha ha! It's about time someone made this! But don't most characters get 5 ft. reach anyway? Do you mean 10 ft. reach?

DracoDei
2009-11-11, 02:06 PM
Could be, but he also might have meant +5 feet which would make it useful even to Large and larger creatures, and not broken on Tiny or smaller.

Nero24200
2009-11-11, 03:44 PM
Changed it to +5ft. Though, given that it came from guilty gear, it'll never feel complete without rules for fighting with a snooker que, a giant key, a yo-yo, a guitar and a giant anchor.

Besides, if you did that, you'd also need rules for ghosts possessing people just to fight, creating robot-clones of characters and alot of rock music playing in the background to boot.

Teutonic Knight
2009-11-11, 07:09 PM
Changed it to +5ft. Though, given that it came from guilty gear, it'll never feel complete without rules for fighting with a snooker que, a giant key, a yo-yo, a guitar and a giant anchor.

Besides, if you did that, you'd also need rules for ghosts possessing people just to fight, creating robot-clones of characters and alot of rock music playing in the background to boot.

Mmmm. Yo-yo combat. Its a simply a chain made of string swung like a flail but with no handle and the weights and the ends are smaller, and the weapon can disarm, trip, act as a small piece of rope or simply a distraction using skill tricks and a sleight of hand check. Plus you can start a trend of wearing caps backwards while swinging it. And you can invent caps!