PDA

View Full Version : Need a little help achieving some effects [3.5]

Cogwheel
2009-11-11, 08:42 AM
So there's this character concept I'm working on, and I need a little help getting the effects I want. Material used is not an issue as long as it's not homebrew, and neither is the level (I can go to epic if absolutely necessary).

I need a couple things, as follows.

First, can an Amulet of Mighty Fists go beyond +5, assuming it's epic?

Second, how would one go about making unarmed attacks deal slashing damage instead of bludgeoning? Or better yet, be able to switch between the two readily?

Third, is there any way to change the material of a weapon? Say, between cold iron, mithril, adamantine and so on. This isn't essential, but it'd be nice.

Fourth, is it possible to make a weapon change? For instance, an enchantment or something that would make a morningstar change into, say a pick, followed by a greataxe, or something like that.

Fifth, is there a way to give unarmed attacks (even if it's through a weapon enchantment) reach, without increasing the character's size?

Sixth, is there any sort of feat, enchantment or something like that which would allow for a choke attack of any sort?

Seventh and (for now) last, is there any item which could produce an infinite amount of alcohol? Yes, this is actually a mechanics question, considering the Drunken Master PrC.

Anyway, I believe that's all for now. Thanks in advance for any answers :smallbiggrin: Sorry about the huge list of questions - I'll post the character sheet, or at least, the essential parts of the concept and how it works - on here once it's finished. It should be... entertaining, if nothing else.

AslanCross
2009-11-11, 09:01 AM
So there's this character concept I'm working on, and I need a little help getting the effects I want. Material used is not an issue as long as it's not homebrew, and neither is the level (I can go to epic if absolutely necessary).

First, can an Amulet of Mighty Fists go beyond +5, assuming it's epic? Since there are provisions for Epic Amulets of Natural Armor +6, I'd think the same would work for Amulet of Mighty Fists as well.

Second, how would one go about making unarmed attacks deal slashing damage instead of bludgeoning? Or better yet, be able to switch between the two readily?

I'm sure this is possible, but unfortunately, I can't remember how at the moment.

Third, is there any way to change the material of a weapon? Say, between cold iron, mithril, adamantine and so on. This isn't essential, but it'd be nice.

Metalline weapon property; Magic Item Compendium.

Fourth, is it possible to make a weapon change? For instance, an enchantment or something that would make a morningstar change into, say a pick, followed by a greataxe, or something like that.

Morphing weapon property; Magic Item Compendium.

Fifth, is there a way to give unarmed attacks (even if it's through a weapon enchantment) reach, without increasing the character's size?

This is tricky, but the blood wind spell is a swift action that allows one to make his natural weapons (Unarmed Strikes count as such for effects) ranged attacks for one round.

Another is to get the 5th level Iron Heart stance from Tome of Battle: Dancing Blade Form. This is the easiest way IMO, but requires Tome of Battle.

Sixth, is there any sort of feat, enchantment or something like that which would allow for a choke attack of any sort?

The 5th level Stone Dragon Stance (Crushing Weight of the Mountain) from Tome of Battle gives you a constrict attack equal to 2d6+(Str Mod x1.5).

There's also the Earth's Embrace feat, which adds 1d12 damage on top of the unarmed strike damage you deal when grappling.

Seventh and (for now) last, is there any item which could produce an infinite amount of alcohol? Yes, this is actually a mechanics question, considering the Drunken Master PrC.

Everfull Mug, Magic Item compendium. It costs 200 GP! :smallbiggrin: It only produces 3/day, though.

Alavar
2009-11-11, 09:02 AM
1.The Amulet of Mighty Fists could reasonably go beyond +5, if your DM is okay with improving items based on the guidelines for making items, and their gold costs.

3. Weapon quality in MIC (Metalline) that allows you to choose between adamantine, alchemical silver, cold iron, or steel when you activate it.

4. There is a weapon quality (Morphing) in the MIC that allows you to switch the weapon to any other weapon of the same size and type.

5. There is a spell(bloodwind?) that gives a single unarmed attack 20 feet of distance, but because its only one attack, that probably won't help you much.

6. There is always the Reaping Mauler, but most people will point out its a rather poor Prestige Class to go into.

Ninja'd, poo!:smallyuk:

katans
2009-11-11, 09:05 AM
Hi there,

Epic, yes. Pre-epic, no.

Versatile Unarmed Strike feat from PHB2 does exactly this, and adds piercing damage to the options.

Metalline special weapon ability from Magic Item compendium. Tad expensive, though.

Morphing special weapon ability from Underdark sourcebook.

If you're a Monk, your unarmed strikes can benefit from spells that enhance weapons, so you could apply Stretch Weapon (2nd level cleric spell, PHB2) to them.

Can't think of any. Maybe other posters will have more inspiration.

Not that I knew of. You could certainly have a spellcaster create a modified version of the Decanter of Endless Water, though.

BR
Katans

EDIT: ninja'd by half the board. Gotta learn to type faster.

PinkysBrain
2009-11-11, 09:07 AM
Damn Ninja'd ... removed the redundant bits.

"Use the guidelines for nonepic magic items to determine the market price of an epic magic item, with one addition: If the item gives a bonus beyond the limit allowed in for normal, nonepic magic items, multiply the portion of the market price derived from that characteristic by 10. Some epic characteristics, such as caster level, don’t trigger this multiplier."

It's outside of the rules, but with any reasonable DM yes it can.

Reach can be gained with Inhuman reach (Lords of Madness).

As for the choking ... Martial Study, Shadow Noose/Garrote (Tome of Battle).

PS. just play an unarmed swordsage :)

Iku Rex
2009-11-11, 09:13 AM
The ELH does not have an epic amulet, but I see no reason why it couldn't be available at 3x the regular epic base price (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/epic/magicItems/weapons.htm#epicWeaponBasePrice).

Versatile Unarmed Strike from PHBII lets you switch between damage types as a swift action.

The metalline (+2, MIC) weapon property lets you turn your weapon into adamantine, alchemical silver, cold iron, or ordinary steel as a standard action.

The morphing (+1, MIC) weapon property lets you reshape a weapon into another of the same size. Add sizing (+5000, MIC) for more versatility.

You can increase your reach with the warshaper PrC (must be able to change shape), the Inhuman Reach aberrant feat (LoM) or the Deformity (tall) feat (HoH).

The reaping mauler PrC (CWar) gets a Sleeper Lock ability at level 3.

I can't think of an "infinite alcohol" item. The promisingly named everfull mug (MIC, 200 gp) only refills 3/day, and the wine is "watery" and the ale is "cheap".

On preview: Ninja swarm!

Dusk Eclipse
2009-11-11, 09:16 AM

There is a feat in PHB II (IIRC) that lets you do this

There is the metalline enchantment in the MIC

Another enchantment in the MIC

Hope that helps you

Refluffing the decanter of endless water

Edit: Ninja'ed

Necron
2009-11-11, 09:21 AM
I always thought Gauntlets of the Talon (CD97) were fun for monks... though I suppose you're looking for more versatility then "now counts as slashing [damage]" .

Draxar
2009-11-11, 09:24 AM

More than a couple, eh?

It's not stated to do so, but it would make sense that it does. It costs thrice what a weapon of equivalent plus would do – +6 = 216k, +7 = 294k, +8 = 384k, +9 = 486k, +10 = 600k.

If you are using less than three natural weapons (i.e. two or one fist), it may be worth going for an Amulet of Natural Weapons, which costs (cost of enhancement bonus equivalent total x number of natural attacks it applies to) +600. It also lets you stick magic effects on said attacks, rather than being pure plus.

Claws, or something you wear on your hands that makes them deal slashing damage – retractable claws, magic items that can shift between stuff, whatever. Though, of course, the latter won't add your mighty fists.

Gauntlets of the Talon – if you're prepared to worship Bahamut, and be LG, LN or NG, take the True Believer Feat, and have 5HD, then they operate as both a monks belt, and let you freely swap between bludgeoning and slashing. At 9HD, you get ghost touch too.

Metalline, a +2 bonus equivalent, lets you change between those, alchemical silver and ordinary steel, as a standard action.

Morphing, a +1 bonus equivalent, lets you change the weapon into any other weapon of the same size. Sizing, which costs a flat 5000 gp, lets you change the size of a weapon.

Shadowstrike, costs 5000 gp, 5/day add 5 to your reach and deny dex bonus – add that to an amulet of natural weapons. Greatreach bracers for 2000, 2/day get +10 reach

Blood Wind is a level 1 Cleric and Sorcerer/Wizard power that lets you treat your attacks as thrown weapons with a 20 foot increment.

None immediately leap to mind.

Not that I'm aware of. There's stuff that'll make a fair bit, but not infinite, IIRC.

You could always ask for a custom item – decanter of endless beer.

Starbuck_II
2009-11-11, 09:30 AM
6. There is always the Reaping Mauler, but most people will point out its a rather poor Prestige Class to go into.

You need to enter Leviathan Hunter to make the Prc useful. Clever Wrestling only functions if meduim or any size if a Leviathan Hunter.

Since size matters to grappling: you'll want Leviathan Hunter.

babson99
2009-11-11, 09:39 AM
There's a Pathfinder feat called Lunge (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/lunge-combat---final): Increase the reach of your melee attacks by 5 feet until the end of your turn by taking a –2 penalty to your AC until your next turn. Prereq is a +6 BAB. This seems reasonable to me.

Telonius
2009-11-11, 09:40 AM

Depends on what you mean by "choke attack." What do you want it to be able to do? If you just want him to be unable to speak, that's covered by the Pinning (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/combat/specialAttacks.htm#ifYourePinninganOpponent)rules.

At your option, you can prevent a pinned opponent from speaking.

The "Throat Punch" feat from Complete Scoundrel might be of interest to you. It imposes a penalty on speech for an amount of time.

d20 Modern has rules on strangulation (http://www.systemreferencedocuments.org/resources/systems/pennpaper/modern/smack/environmentandhazards.html). If your DM allows them to apply, this might be best.

When a character is strangled by an instrument or an attacker, use the rules below.

A character can strangle or choke a target of the same size category or one size category larger or smaller. The strangling attempt incurs an attack of opportunity.

To begin the choke, the attacker must succeed at an opposed grapple check. If the grapple succeeds, the attacker can choose to deal normal unarmed damage as well as choke the target. The target can hold his of her breath for a number of rounds equal to his or her Constitution score. After this period of time, the target must make a Constitution check (DC 10, +1 for each previous check) every round to continue holding his or her breath. The target begins to suffocate on a failed check (see Suffocation and Drowning).

If at any time the target breaks free or slips free of the grapple, the stranglehold is broken (although any damage that was dealt remains). Note that a grappled target who is not pinned can use his or her attack action to strangle his or her attacker.

Kaiyanwang
2009-11-11, 09:44 AM
Is choke = strangulate?, if so,, you can use the Garrote rules from song&silence, represented for the garrote ring in Dragon Compendium.

You pretty much use a mettallic wire to squeeze the enemy's neck through grapple cheks. Each attack of the round can be a grapple check, and you deal damage accordingly. You can crit too. (18-20 the ring).

Not optimal I guess but if could be useful..

Cogwheel
2009-11-11, 09:53 AM
First of all? Thank you. I was not expecting this much help, or this quickly.

Now, I'm not actually going to play this character. So DM approval is unnecessary. It's... well, a little like theoretical optimization, only without the part where the resulting character is, in fact, optimal.

Ok, so, couple more questions before I close the deal.

On choking, I'll go with the strangulation attacks if allowed, and if not, it's a refluffed grapple.

Blood Wind. Is it possible to use the magic item creation rules to turn this into a permanent, 24/7 effect on a magic item?

Thank you for pointing out the Amulet of Natural Weapons, Draxar. That's all kinds of perfect.

Is there a way to boost crits on bludgeoning? An equivelant to keen? Though I'm leaning towards just getting Improved Crit and calling it a day.

Passing on Reaping Mauler for the moment, largely since I can't find my copy of Complete Warrior.

For remaking an alcoholic version of the Decanter, would +2000 gp be fair? Considering it can fuel a Drunken Master's abilities more or less infinitely...

Anyway. I think that's it. Once again, thanks for all the help :smallsmile:

Edit: I may look into Song&Silence. I don't actually own the book >_>

Dusk Eclipse
2009-11-11, 09:59 AM
Is there a way to boost crits on bludgeoning? An equivelant to keen? Though I'm leaning towards just getting Improved Crit and calling it a day.

There is the impact enchanment (MIC again), that functions as keen for bludgeoning weapons

Kaiyanwang
2009-11-11, 09:59 AM
For remaking an alcoholic version of the Decanter, would +2000 gp be fair? Considering it can fuel a Drunken Master's abilities more or less infinitely...

Even less. I'd increase the price just because a player could use the item to help with some diplomacy and gather information check. And good for the fun at the table, in that case.

You could even homebrew a variant of the item that make you choose the beverage at the moment. Otto's portable bar?

It's helpful for the drunken master, but does not make him broken or so.

PinkysBrain
2009-11-11, 10:05 AM
Blood Wind. Is it possible to use the magic item creation rules to turn this into a permanent, 24/7 effect on a magic item?
You really have to take that up with your DM, custom magic are purely by DM fiat (this isn't about rule 0, it's simply outside of the rules ... the formulas are only guidelines for the DM). Personally I'd allow it.

It's a first level targeted spell though, so the spell storing weapon buff exploit works (have a caster cast it into a spell storing weapon, in combat hit yourself to get the buff).

AtwasAwamps
2009-11-11, 10:28 AM
For unarmed slashing damage: There is a feat in...something, either PHBII or CW that allows you to switch between Bludgeoning, Slashing, and Piercing damage for your unarmed strikes at the beginning of every turn. Versatile Unarmed Strike, I believe.

3.0 Oriental Adventures has a choke-hold feat that acts like reaping mauler's sleeper lock, based on char level rather than class (so its more effective). I think it was OA. Not sure.

Cogwheel
2009-11-11, 10:33 AM
Hm. I don't consider it homebrew (which, while I'm generally a fan of it, I will leave out of this character), so I'll throw that in. And I guess I'll throw 1000 on to the Decanter price... And Impact. I'll take Imp.Crit, on second thought.

Now, the price list. I will only list what is essential here. The amulet, 600k. The modified alcoholcanter, 10k. Continuous Blood Wind, 8k. The total is 618k. Now, this falls within the wealth by level of a level 20 character. Should the forum demand additional gadgets, we can raise the level - this character is now for everyone to work on and add ideas as they see fit.

Consider, if you will, a dwarf. A dwarven monk. A monk/drunken master, in fact, but the alcoholism is only there to add dwarfiness. Come to that, you may even want to use the Rage Monk variant, but I digress.

The monk class states that unarmed attacks need not be made with fists, but can be any part of the body.

I suggest the beard.

With the correct feats - Improved Grapple and perhaps an item to grant Improved Grab, if this is possible - our dwarf is now capable of using his beard to grapple and choke people. People across the room can, in fact, be hit at a distance of up to 20 ft. using Blood Wind. It's a large beard. Since it's treated as a thrown weapon (whether this is actually the case or not is up to you), grappling, tripping and disarming are sadly impossible at a range, but encouraged in melee.

Furthermore, the Versatile Unarmed Strike feat allows one to cut, bludgeon or stab with this beard. The amulet expands on this - currently, it grants the Metalline property, which allows for the beard to switch between normal, adamantine, mithril and cold iron states. Morphing opens up the possibilities of a battleaxe (slashing), a warhammer (bludgeoning), a pick (piercing) or Dwarven Urgrosh (patriotism) for further versatility, though as a monk, it's best to keep this enchantment as an excuse for cosmetic changes.

When in axe form, the Keen enchantment allows our friend's beard to be the sharpest beard in all the land, while Improved Critical takes care of the other two damage types rather more simply. Some might say the Keen ability is redundant. I say sharpness is important.

Flaming Burst allows for an exceptionally fiery beard. Whether it's actually on fire or made of magma depends on what you find more amusing. Holy and Unholy allow for indiscriminate smiting. Possessing both properties at the same time also proves that a sufficiently impressive beard is beyond and above conventional morality. This brings us up to a total of +10. The decanter of endless alcohol, of course, exists only to supplement the character's drunken master abilities and general dwarfiness. Skill ranks shall go into masonry, mining and smithing of various sorts. The build is currently complete - at least, the necessary parts are.

Suggestions/thoughts?

P.S. Look upon my glorious stupidity, ye helpful, and despair.

EDIT: Braiding the beard into two parts opens up the option of Two-Weapon Fighting.

DOUBLE EDIT: I forgot the +1 in there. We need to figure out some way to remove unnecessary stuff. Possibly Keen, Unholy, Holy and the Burst part of Flaming. This frees up +6 total. We can compensate gloriously for the "sharpest beard in all the land" part. The end result would be Flaming, Metalline, +1, Morphing and vorpal. Is beardecapitation a word?

AtwasAwamps
2009-11-11, 10:53 AM
Fistbeard Beardfist? Izzat you?

Cogwheel
2009-11-11, 10:55 AM
Fistbeard Beardfist? Izzat you?

Who? What? You've lost me now >_>

Cogwheel
2009-11-11, 11:14 AM
Nevermind, I found out. Pity. I thought I was atleast being original.

But I have discovered feats. Ranged Pin, Sunder and Disarm. This allows for additional neatness. I'm also considering PMing Pharoah's Fist once I complete a level 20 build, which I suddenly feel I must make more practical. Why?

A duel to the death with Fistbeard Beardfist, ofcourse.

Also, we have a title, courtesy of a friend of mine (somewhat altered): The BEARDED GLORY. Caps mandatory, bolding optional but encouraged. Because you know it's true.

Lastly, a question. Is it, in fact, possible to gain attacks of opportunity with a ranged weapon? If so, how?

Telonius
2009-11-11, 11:53 AM
I'm coming up with a blank on that one for official sources. There's what appears to be a homebrewed feat that achieves it here (http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Opportunity_Shot_%28DnD_Feat%29).

Attacks of Opportunity are generally only melee attacks. You could do a melee attack with something that has a range increment (shortspear, for instance), if that's any help. There's also a few exotic ranged weapons like the Yuan-ti Serpent Bow (from Dragon) that can be used as melee weapons. (I swear there's another swordbow item out there, but for the life of me I can't remember what it is). But still, that wouldn't actually be a ranged attack, just using a (usually) Ranged weapon to make a Melee attack.

Cogwheel
2009-11-11, 11:57 AM
That feat wouldn't work for a couple reasons aside from homebrew. Likewise for the other stuff - I'm beginning to think Blood Wind isn't the best of options. Something to give genuine reach would be best.. ah well.

Dimers
2009-11-11, 11:59 AM
A little late to join the discussion, but ... Using magic-item creation rules, you can generate a constant entangling effect with a melee weapon, based on the entangling staff spell (Complete Adventurer, druid 3rd). Each hit allows a free-action attempt to start a grapple that deals normal or nonlethal damage, you can choose to release or maintain the hold, and the spell provides a +8 bonus to the checks.

It would be very, very weird to see a beard do this, though not quite as brainbreaking as beardecapitation.

EDIT: The enchantment wouldn't be on the weapon itself, but rather, some other item you wear that enables the ability on whatever weapon you're holding.

Cogwheel
2009-11-11, 12:29 PM
A little late to join the discussion, but ... Using magic-item creation rules, you can generate a constant entangling effect with a melee weapon, based on the entangling staff spell (Complete Adventurer, druid 3rd). Each hit allows a free-action attempt to start a grapple that deals normal or nonlethal damage, you can choose to release or maintain the hold, and the spell provides a +8 bonus to the checks.

It would be very, very weird to see a beard do this, though not quite as brainbreaking as beardecapitation.

EDIT: The enchantment wouldn't be on the weapon itself, but rather, some other item you wear that enables the ability on whatever weapon you're holding.

Magnificient.

Thank you, good sir and/or madam (your fault for making it impossible to tell on your profile). That will do nicely. Is the duration in minutes, rounds or hours? Just so I know what sort of cost the magic item would be.

Edit: And it's never too late to join in. I'm still taking ideas.

ANNOUNCEMENT: I'm going unarmed swordsage after all, for neat maneuvers. Sure, it's low on the armour, prances all over the place, is dexterity-based, and uses a lot of silly, fancy martial arts. Things which elves do.

The thing is, monks do all this, but less well. So I'll go with Unarmed Swordsage, and take Drunken Master as an atonement of sorts. That one exceptionally dwarfy ToB prestige class (Deepstone Sentinel, was it?) may or may not be applicable. Suggestions for maneuvers?

Darrin
2009-11-11, 12:49 PM

There's a variety of feats/abilities that can turn a monk's unarmed strike into a ranged attack... Ring the Golden Bell, I think? Also, enchanting an Necklace of Natural Weapons + Throwing + Returning, or Monk/Kensai, or those gauntlets that add throwing/returning to all your weapons (in MIC I think)... "Rocket Punch", although how you physically explain it might be tricky.

For increasing reach, there's Aberration Blood + Inhuman Reach (Lords of Madness) or Willing Deformity + Deformity: Tall (Heroes of Horror, but only works while medium-sized). Also, polymorph shenanigans.

There's an Everfull Mug in the Arms & Equipment Guide (p. 132) that can fill itself with cheap ale or watery wine, but it's not really everfull. Command word to activate (standard action) and limited to 3/day. However, it's really cheap (800 GP) so you could pick up a bunch of those and just grab a new one when the 3/day is gone. Action-wise, though, you're blowing a whole round (standard + move action) to put yourself just a few Int/Wis points away from being helpless.

Getting a Drunken Master build to work is really tough. Drink Like a Demon requires a move action, but four levels of Psychic Warrior (or a 2-level dip into Ardent + Practiced Manifester) can get you Hustle for extra move actions. The Int and Wis penalty can be negated via the Strongheart Vest soulmeld (dip into Incarnate or the Shape Soulmeld feat), binding Naberius, or a liberal supply of potions/wands of lesser restoration (via Paladin if available). Huh... if you put a potion of lesser restoration into a mug of beer, can you drink both at the same time?

For some reason, the PrC doesn't eliminate or reduce penalties for using improvised weapons. See if your DM will handwave this, or take a look at the Brawler PrC in Dragon #295 (only way to completely eliminate the improvised penalty in 3.x).

Also, for some idjit reason, your unarmed strike damage doesn't scale as you level up. You can fix this somewhat with Superior Unarmed Strike and picking up the monk's unarmed strike without taking any monk levels, such as Unarmed Swordsage, Fist of the Forest, or Shou Disciple.

Cogwheel
2009-11-11, 01:00 PM
That is strange. Drunken Master is starting to seem weaker and weaker.

Anyway, Darrin, most of the stuff you replied to has already been addressed. That said, thank you. I may well have to look into Lords of Madness. Appropriate, I suppose. But anyway, where would I find Ring The Golden Bell? Though it's not a big issue, I suppose. If I get reach, that's all I want.

Darrin
2009-11-11, 01:44 PM
But anyway, where would I find Ring The Golden Bell? Though it's not a big issue, I suppose.

Huh. Thought it was in Sword & Fist or BoED, but it's in Dragon #319. Limited uses per day based on Wis, so not such a great feat.

ghashxx
2009-11-11, 04:07 PM
As for the choking people, there's a feat in CScoundrel that allows you to punch someone in the throat thereby hindering their speach. However I'm not certain if this is actually what you're looking for, especially since you need to be capable of dealing 3d6 of sneak attack damage.

Dimers
2009-11-11, 04:18 PM
Is the duration in minutes, rounds or hours? Just so I know what sort of cost the magic item would be.

It's round/level. Ooh! Not that this is vaguely relevant to you, but I just noticed that the spell only takes a swift action to cast! Woo! :smallsmile:

sofawall
2009-11-11, 04:33 PM
More than a couple, eh?

It's not stated to do so, but it would make sense that it does. It costs thrice what a weapon of equivalent plus would do – +6 = 216k, +7 = 294k, +8 = 384k, +9 = 486k, +10 = 600k.

Actually, a +6 weapon (not +3 Splitting, for example, but +6) costs 720k, so an amulet doing the same would cost 2.16 million gp.

With a bonus (not effective bonus) above 5, you add the epic cost adjustment, or x10.

ANNOUNCEMENT: I'm going unarmed swordsage after all, for neat maneuvers. Sure, it's low on the armour, prances all over the place, is dexterity-based, and uses a lot of silly, fancy martial arts. Things which elves do.

The thing is, monks do all this, but less well. So I'll go with Unarmed Swordsage, and take Drunken Master as an atonement of sorts. That one exceptionally dwarfy ToB prestige class (Deepstone Sentinel, was it?) may or may not be applicable. Suggestions for maneuvers?

Do I hear anti-elves and pro-dwarves? Do I hear unarmed combat and drinking of ale?

Then why do I not hear of The Beardfist (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6790025&postcount=19)?

Pharaoh's Fist
2009-11-11, 05:07 PM
Consider, if you will, a dwarf. A dwarven monk. A monk/drunken master, in fact, but the alcoholism is only there to add dwarfiness. Come to that, you may even want to use the Rage Monk variant, but I digress.

The monk class states that unarmed attacks need not be made with fists, but can be any part of the body.

I suggest the beard.

Sounds vaguely familiar.

Runeclaw
2009-11-11, 07:47 PM
More than a couple, eh?
If you are using less than three natural weapons (i.e. two or one fist), it may be worth going for an Amulet of Natural Weapons, which costs (cost of enhancement bonus equivalent total x number of natural attacks it applies to) +600. It also lets you stick magic effects on said attacks, rather than being pure plus.

What book is this from?

Starbuck_II
2009-11-11, 07:50 PM
Sounds vaguely familiar.

At least he didn't use the third, lower arm. If you know what I mean.

Vizzerdrix
2009-11-11, 07:52 PM
I know I've seen a feat that allows ya to heal when you get poisoned, and alcohol IS a poison....

I think it was in one of the fiendish codex books.

Pharaoh's Fist
2009-11-11, 08:00 PM
I know I've seen a feat that allows ya to heal when you get poisoned, and alcohol IS a poison....

I think it was in one of the fiendish codex books.
I think I've seen an entire build focused around said feat.

Trouserfang, the Dwarf with snakes in his pants.

Cogwheel
2009-11-11, 10:21 PM
So. Vorpalness and so on is impossible pre-epic, and this is looking more and more like a complete ripoff in any case. Right. I guess I should drop the project, than?