PDA

View Full Version : Thundercats Are On the Loose!

Viera Champion
2009-11-11, 05:29 PM
Everything thundercats! Talk about your favorite characters. What ability would you have and what would you look like if you were a thundercat. You can even see who can make the best Snarf impression. Just do something with thundercats!! Why did I make this thread? For two reasons:
1. I was bored
2. Because I can!!

Mr. Mud
2009-11-11, 05:46 PM
*Wanders in*

Snarfffffffffffffff :smalltongue:?

God, I LOVED Thundercats. Still probably amongst my favorite 5 shows of all time :smallamused:.

Viera Champion
2009-11-11, 05:47 PM
*puts on booming evil voice*
I AM MUMRA!!!!

Starscream
2009-11-11, 05:53 PM
I liked Tygra.

Here's my Snarf impression: Snarf Snarf. You can't tell, but it's very convincing.

The best Thundercats image ever:
http://i33.tinypic.com/dcx150.jpg

Assassin89
2009-11-11, 05:55 PM
Lion-O has shown stupidity several times in the series and has been in cereal commercials. Snarf is a whinny little creature who is voiced by someone who play as an abomination to animation.

As for being a thundercat, why not use the domestic cat or the fishing cat as a base?

WalkingTarget
2009-11-11, 10:44 PM
Watched it all the time as a kid. I probably still have a pile of the toys at my parents' place somewhere.

Unfortunately, I caught a few episodes on TV a couple of years ago and nostalgia wasn't enough to keep me from finding fault with pretty much everything. :smallfrown:

That's why I can never watch the old Transformers cartoons (which was my favorite show as a kid): I'd hate to lose that one the same way.

All that aside, I liked Tygra and Panthro. Scientists/engineers FTW.

factotum
2009-11-12, 03:43 AM
Bah, who wants to be a Thundercat when you can be Mumm-Ra, immortal avatar of Evil? I mean, the transformation sequence he went through in the first couple of series still gives me chills when I watch it, even now!

"Ancient spirits of Evil! Transform this decaying form to Mumm-Ra, the Ever-Living!"

Viera Champion
2009-11-12, 06:36 AM
What about Mummranna. The immortal avatar of good who says
Ancient spirits of good. Transform this decaying form to Mumranna The Ever Living!

Linkavitch
2009-11-12, 08:44 AM
Thundercats, Ho-oh-oh, oh-oh-oh!

Relient K did a cover of the theme song on their second cd. It was awesome.

Kcalehc
2009-11-12, 09:09 AM
I have a bunch of sound bloopers from the series. Hilarious to hear the thundercats swearing at each other in character voices in the studio.

bosssmiley
2009-11-12, 09:41 AM
Bah, who wants to be a Thundercat when you can be Mumm-Ra, immortal avatar of Evil? I mean, the transformation sequence he went through in the first couple of series still gives me chills when I watch it, even now!

"Ancient spirits of Evil! Transform this decaying form to Mumm-Ra, the Ever-Living!"

|||

+1 for Mumm-Ra love. He was the best thing in the show, and his taste in decor is pure dungeonbuilder.

Myshlaevsky
2009-11-12, 01:27 PM
I loved this cartoon as a bairn. This, Biker Mice from Mars and Transformers comprised my regular viewing, I believe.

FoE
2009-11-12, 01:40 PM
This is a bit weird, but ... when I was a little kid, I thought Wilykit and Wilykat should be boyfriend and girlfriend.

As an adult, I realize that as the last members of their race, their romantic options were basically limited to each other, as the other Thundercats will be too old by the time they reach maturity.

Also, Mumm-ra was the shiznit.

Giggling Ghast
2009-11-12, 01:50 PM
This is a bit weird, but ... when I was a little kid, I thought Wilykit and Wilykat should be boyfriend and girlfriend.

As an adult, I realize that as the last members of their race, their romantic options were basically limited to each other, as the other Thundercats will be too old by the time they reach maturity.

Seek help, man.

OK, I gots a question for youse guys. There was a two-parter episode I watched when I was a kid where Lion-O was trying to sneak into Mumm-Ra's pyramid. Lion-O turns a corner and there's this mass of mummy bandages hanging in the air that begin to wrap around Lion-O. There's too many for him to cut so he starts to run.

Suddenly, he runs into one of those traps where a wall slowly lowers from the ceiling to the floor to completely block off a corridor. He rolls under it but his hair gets stuck under the stone! Suddenly, the bandages slip under the wall. He tries to cut his hair with the Sword of Omens but he can't cut fast enough! The bandages completely envelop Lion-O, turning him into a mummy! THE EPISODE ENDS!

Anyways, I never saw what comes next. Does Lion-O get free?

I think that was the two-parter where the Thundercats discovered a bunch of other Thundarians living on Third Earth.

bluewind95
2009-11-13, 09:43 AM
I have the entire series on DVD. I loved that show. I just need to watch it again. I'm bad about watching TV... I rarely do, even for shows I like.

Viera Champion
2009-11-14, 10:04 AM
Well this threw is off to a good start. Also Cheetara is the coolest.

Zeta Kai
2009-11-14, 10:31 AM
1) The intro was incredible.

2) The in-show animation was hit-or-miss.

3) My six-year-old self noticed #1 & #2.

4) But I didn't care, because the show was so much fun.

5) Watching re-runs in college (thank you, Cartoon Network), I realized that the show's plot was usually cliche, trite, & nonsensical.

6) See #4.

7) Cheetara was hot, & didn't get enough screen time.

Assassin89
2009-11-14, 10:39 AM
Who do you think is the more ridiculous group of villains? The Lunatacs or the Beastmen?

Personally I think the Lunatacs, not because of the midget of the leader, but because the Beastmen are more somewhat more competent, as they created a machine that can switch the minds of two individuals, which prevented Lion-o from calling the other Thundercats for a while.

Viera Champion
2009-11-14, 11:24 AM
I think the mutants are more ridiculous. Only because vultureman is the only one of them who can do anything. I mean Chilla and Aluro do most of the work for the Lunatacs but at least the other ones are useful sometimes.

daggaz
2009-11-14, 12:41 PM
Loved the cartoon. Thought it was ABSOLUTELY hillarious when Family Guy spoofed it and Lion-o misuses his powers..

"Sword of Thundera, give me sight beyond sight!"

..to peak in on Cheetara while she is on the john.

Viera Champion
2009-11-14, 01:02 PM
I must have missed that episode.

Spamotron
2011-02-27, 05:01 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WbdTgTjhRI

http://www.thundercats.ws/news/thundercats-cartoon-news-3/thundercats-2011-trailer-extensive-screen-caps-65/

Trailer for the new cartoon. Rumors place its premier in April, but I can't find an official source for that.

Lurkmoar
2011-02-27, 05:07 PM
My favorite episode was when Mum-Ra tricked the Lady in the Lake and got Excalibur. And Excalibur pwned the Sword of Omens.

Zaydos
2011-02-27, 06:14 PM
The new one looks like it's trying a little too hard to be epic. Possibly the music. I hope it's good though.

Here's a question would an ancient king of the thundercats have been a smilodon man?

Spamotron
2011-02-27, 07:31 PM
Isn't Grune basically a smilodon man?

KillianHawkeye
2011-02-27, 08:42 PM
OK, I gots a question for youse guys. There was a two-parter episode I watched when I was a kid where Lion-O was trying to sneak into Mumm-Ra's pyramid. Lion-O turns a corner and there's this mass of mummy bandages hanging in the air that begin to wrap around Lion-O. There's too many for him to cut so he starts to run.

Suddenly, he runs into one of those traps where a wall slowly lowers from the ceiling to the floor to completely block off a corridor. He rolls under it but his hair gets stuck under the stone! Suddenly, the bandages slip under the wall. He tries to cut his hair with the Sword of Omens but he can't cut fast enough! The bandages completely envelop Lion-O, turning him into a mummy! THE EPISODE ENDS!

Anyways, I never saw what comes next. Does Lion-O get free?

I think that was the two-parter where the Thundercats discovered a bunch of other Thundarians living on Third Earth.

I remember that. I'm pretty sure some light from outside shined through a crack and turned the bandages to dust. Don't remember what caused the light, though.

Also, Panthro > everything.

Actually, ThunderTank > everything.

Melayl
2011-02-27, 10:11 PM
Though it was cheesy even back in the day, it was still an awesome show. Thanks for the links to the new cartoon, Spamotron. I knew it was coming out, but hadn't seen anything. I hope they don't screw it up. :smalleek:
Looks good so far.

Oh, and my favorite was Lion-O, of course. The Sword was cool and all, but I really loved the Claw Shield. I don't know why, but I did.

Kiroth6
2011-02-27, 11:35 PM
So, just curious, but what do you guys think of the new reboot? (http://popwatch.ew.com/2011/01/26/thundercats-new-image-cartoon-network/)

Lurkmoar
2011-02-27, 11:39 PM
Here's hoping that Snarf gets toned down a bit?

Nosferocktu
2011-02-27, 11:43 PM
One can only hope. I enjoyed Panthro the most of all of them.

starwoof
2011-02-27, 11:46 PM
Heres hoping that Snarf gets cut in half a bit?

averagejoe
2011-02-27, 11:48 PM
The Mod They Call Me: Thread necromancy.