PDA

View Full Version : An Incarnum Inquiry

UserClone
2009-11-11, 05:48 PM
Since it hasn't been answered in three days on the RAW Q&A thread, I'd like to repeat a question I've not ever seen answered:

Are the natural attacks of a Totemist subject to changes in damage based on size? For example, if I am normally a large-sized character, and I bind Girallon Arms to my totem, do the claws deal the normal 1d4 or do they deal 1d6? Page numbers are helpful. Thanks!

Glimbur
2009-11-11, 05:58 PM
Yep, the numbers assume a Medium Totemist. Check out page 54 of Magic of Incarnum, just before the Soulmelds start and under the table.

UserClone
2009-11-11, 06:02 PM
Perfect! Figures it would be found somewhere really obscure. :smalltongue:

Sinfire Titan
2009-11-12, 12:48 PM
Perfect! Figures it would be found somewhere really obscure. :smalltongue:

Really fits the book, don't you think?

Incedentally, there's one soulmeld that doesn't change with your size category: The Manticore Belt. It isn't technically considered a natural weapon, but a special attack option like a Breath Weapon.

Person_Man
2009-11-12, 01:07 PM
FYI, Totemist/Psychic Warrior or Warmind with the Mindnight Augmentation feat is a pretty awesome combination. Lots of potential combos.

UserClone
2009-11-13, 01:36 AM
Thanks again, guys. All good tips. I've never actually tried psionics before, so I don't know if I'll actually try it, but I'll look that feat up for giggles anyhow.

Lycanthromancer
2009-11-13, 02:31 AM
Thanks again, guys. All good tips. I've never actually tried psionics before, so I don't know if I'll actually try it, but I'll look that feat up for giggles anyhow.Psionics is great. Start with totemist, take a couple of levels in a psionic manifesting PrC (like war mind), then go soul manifester (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/psm/20060217a).

Just make sure you read up on psionics; it's a lot like magic (but using power points; ie "MP" from Final Fantasy), though there are a few limiting rules people tend to miss (like "you can't spend more power points than you have manifester levels," preventing you spamming a 20d6 energy ray at 1st level).

Draz74
2009-11-13, 02:38 AM
Um. How exactly does a Totemist get the prereqs for War Mind? I assume you guys aren't recommending a build that takes Human Paragon levels to get Knowledge (psionics) turned into a class skill and spends its bonus human feat on Wild Talent.

But I also assume you're talking about entering War Mind a little *before* Level 14.

Just seems like it's pretty difficult to do, without e.g. dipping Psychic Warrior for a level or two.

Darrin
2009-11-13, 07:33 AM
Um. How exactly does a Totemist get the prereqs for War Mind? I assume you guys aren't recommending a build that takes Human Paragon levels to get Knowledge (psionics) turned into a class skill and spends its bonus human feat on Wild Talent.

Knowledge Devotion or Education feat to pick up Knowledge: Psionics as a class skill. Start with a Psionic race with racial power points, or take Wild Talent/Hidden Talent.