PDA

View Full Version : Neverending Dungeon - Joseph

Tanaric
2009-11-11, 08:28 PM
The air surrounding you fairly hums with the residue of magic, an aftereffect of the spell that brought you to this place. A quick glance reveals that you are in a fairly spacious room, devoid of any life save for yourself. The sound of dripping water can be heard faintly, and the stone walls are slick with moisture. In complete defiance of logic, four torches are already lit, one hanging by each of the doors presumably leading out of the room.

Map:{table]|A_|B_|C_|D_|E_|F_|G_
1||||||||
2||||||||
3|||J|||||
4||||||||
5||||||||
[/table]

There is a door at A-4, another at B-5, another at D-5, and one more at F-1.

DM notes:4, 7, 16

industrious
2009-11-11, 08:40 PM
Joseph heads to the door at A4, and ties his rope around the handle, careful not to touch said door. He then steps back, and tugs on the rope, attempting to open the door.

Tanaric
2009-11-11, 08:47 PM
The door is a sliding metal door. There is no handle to tie a rope around. All doors will be of this design unless otherwise mentioned.

industrious
2009-11-11, 08:50 PM
Seeing that there is no handle, Joseph manifests his mind blade, and gently touches its tip to the door.

Tanaric
2009-11-11, 08:59 PM
Your prodding triggers a trap on the door. At the touch of the blade, a web of concealed copper wires flares to life, a current of crackling blue energy running the length of each wire. Having nowhere better to go, the energy dissipates harmlessly into the air, leaving behind a very scorched door.

industrious
2009-11-11, 09:03 PM
Dropping the psionic construct, Joseph then takes a torch from one of the nearby holders, and opens the door. He then re-manifests the blade.

Tanaric
2009-11-11, 10:33 PM
Opening the door reveals a hall that runs to the north and south.

To the north, it runs for fifteen feet before turning west.

To the south, it runs for twenty-five feet before turning east.

industrious
2009-11-11, 10:49 PM
Joseph turns to the northern path, but before turning the corner west, he takes out his ten foot pole, and sticks it across the corner.

Tanaric
2009-11-11, 10:57 PM
It occurs to me that I failed to mention that the hallway is unlit. I'll just assume you grabbed a torch.

I'm blind.

Nothing happens when you stick the pole across the corner.

industrious
2009-11-11, 11:00 PM
Putting his pole back, Joesph turns the corner, torch in his left hand, and mindblade in the other.

Tanaric
2009-11-11, 11:03 PM
Nnng. I apologize. I was looking at the wrong map. Everything after the door opening is nixed, I'll tell you what you actually saw in a moment.

Opening the door actually revealed a corridor that runs to the north and south. This one runs north for forty feet before ending in a blank wall. It runs south further than your torch like illuminates.

To the north, there is a door on the west wall of the corridor, twenty-five feet away.

To the south, there is a door on the west wall of the corridor, five feet away. There is a west-running hall connected to yours thirty feet away, and another one forty feet away.

industrious
2009-11-11, 11:09 PM
Joseph heads to the north, and faces the western door. Touching the door with his mindblade first, he then opens it.

Tanaric
2009-11-11, 11:11 PM
You trip over a tripwire five feet from the door you left. The sound of stone grinding on stone can be heard for perhaps a minute before fading away.

If you continue to the door: The door opens without issue.

Spot check.

industrious
2009-11-11, 11:21 PM
Spot Check:[roll0]

Tanaric
2009-11-11, 11:29 PM
Opening the door reveals the following room:{table]|A_|B_|C_|D_
1||||
2|2|||
3||||
4||1||
5||||
6||||
7||||
[/table]

You see what appears at first glance to be two attractive humans sitting around a fire. However, upon closer examination, you realize that human 1 is actually an elf. A headband is wrapped around his ears, concealing his most distinguishing racial trait, but his delicate features give away his origins. He is wearing leather armor studded with metal, and is carrying a longsword and a buckler, with a longbow across his back. His face is currently twisted in outrage, and he is gesturing emphatically at human 2.

Human 2 seems to be only a very attractive human, until you realize that you can see a row of needlelike teeth through the veil across his mouth. He too is wearing studded leather armor, and is carrying a rapier loosely in one hand, with a light crossbow hanging from his belt. He smiles at the elf, a chilling expression that never reaches his eyes.

There is a door at D-6, which you are just outside of, and another at A-7, south side.

industrious
2009-11-11, 11:38 PM
"Excuse me gentlemen," Joesph says. "I appear to be lost. Any help in finding the way to the next level?" Joseph walks to C4. Unconsciously, he moves into a fighting stance.

Diplomacy check:[roll0]
Entering Punishing Stance(+1d6 damage, -2AC)
Ready an action to attack the one with needle-teeth using Stone Bones if they attack me.

Tanaric
2009-11-11, 11:45 PM
Both of them rise. The one with the teeth smiles again, this time at you.

"'course we do. 'course we do. Thing is, they don't let just anyone down there. Nah, you gotta be smart, see? And strong. Gotta get past the guards."

"And the traps," the elf puts in sourly. "We heard the one you set off. That was you, wasn't it?"

industrious
2009-11-12, 01:27 PM
"'Fraid so, gents. Any luck about helping me, then?"

Still have that readied action.
Diplomacy(if needed):[roll0]

Tanaric
2009-11-12, 02:39 PM
"Heh, yeah. Sure thing."

They both stand up, and briefly converse with each other. The elf approaches you and puts an arm about your shoulder, if you let him get that close.

If he does this:Sense Motive.

If you stop him: Roll initiative.

industrious
2009-11-12, 06:52 PM
Joseph reacts to the elf's gesture with some alarm. "You know, I just wondered. What are you guys doing here, anyway?"

Initiative: [roll0]

Tanaric
2009-11-12, 06:54 PM
[roll0]
[roll1]

Mr. Toothy smiles his cold smile again. "Just waiting for our ticket to the next floor. Looks like we found it."

Tanaric
2009-11-12, 06:55 PM
The elf moves first, slashing his longsword toward your neck in a blurring arc.

[roll0] vs flatfooted AC.
[roll1]

That should have been a +2, for a total of 12.

industrious
2009-11-12, 07:04 PM
The elf's longsword is turned aside by Joseph's chain shirt."Are all elves as incompetent as you are?"

Dropping his torch, Joesph draws his mundane short sword, and attacks the pair with a series of slashes, broad arcs that threaten both opponents.

Round Actions

Still in Punishing Stance(if not, swift action to enter)
Dropping torch(free action)
Draw Short Sword(move action)
Using Steel Wind with TWF to gain 2 attacks against each opponent.(attack action)
Against the Elf

Attack1: [roll0]
Damage1:[roll1]

Attack2: [roll2]
Damage2: [roll3]

Against Mr. Pointy

Attack1: [roll4]
Damage1:[roll5]

Attack2: [roll6]
Damage2: [roll7]

Statblock

Joseph Bridges (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=166028)
Male LN Human Warblade//Soulknife, Level 1//1, Init +2, HP 14/14, Speed 30 ft
AC 16, Touch 12, Flat-footed 14, Fort +4, Ref +5, Will +2, Base Attack Bonus 1 /2
Magic Mindblade(short sword) +3 (1d6+3, 19-20/x2)
Short Sword +3 (1d6+3, 19-20/x2)
Chain Shirt (+4 Armor, +2 Dex)
Abilities Str 16, Dex 14, Con 14, Int 12, Wis 10, Cha 12
Condition None

Tanaric
2009-11-12, 07:11 PM
Two things: how are you threatening A-2 from C-4 with a shortsword?

Second, Steel Wind is a manuever that says that you make two melee attacks, one each against two opponents that you threaten. It's not two attack actions, which would allow TWF.

Ah, and drawing a weapon in a threatened square provokes an AoO. With that in mind, do you want to redo that last?

industrious
2009-11-12, 07:41 PM
I thought the elf was moving from A2 to put the hand on my shoulder. I guess he isn't so, I'll redo my turn.

The elf's longsword is turned aside by Joseph's chain shirt."Are all elves as incompetent as you are?"

Dropping his torch, Joesph attacks the elf with a single swipe of his mindblade, feet firmly planted on the ground. He then neatly sidesteps around the elf.

Attacking the elf with Stone Bones. If it hits, I get DR 5/adamantine for 1 round.
[roll0]
[roll1]

5-ft step to B5.

Tanaric
2009-11-12, 07:55 PM
Flashing colors cover your vision as Mr. Toothy mutters a short series of twisted words.

Will save.

industrious
2009-11-12, 08:24 PM
Will Save:[roll0]
I knew I had forgotten a maneuver. Too late now.

Tanaric
2009-11-12, 08:26 PM
You pass out.

When you come to, you find yourself relieved of any coins you had on your person. The elf seems to be recovering at the same time as you. There's no sign of Mr. Toothy.

Roll initiative again.

[roll0]

industrious
2009-11-12, 08:33 PM
[roll0]

"Looks like your friend isn't yours. Why didn't he kill us?"

industrious
2009-11-12, 08:37 PM
double post because I won init.

"...Doesn't really matter, though. I've still got you." And with that, Joseph draws his normal sword, and gives a quick flourish before attacking with both blades.

Against flat-footed elf:
Attack Roll1:[roll0]
Damage Roll1:[roll1]

Attack Roll2:[roll2]
Damage Roll2:[roll3]
swift action to refresh maneuvers

Tanaric
2009-11-12, 08:38 PM
The elf practically explodes.

50 xp, and the following loot: studded leather armor, longsword, longbow, buckler, twenty arrows.

Your pockets have been cleaned of any coins or other obvious valuables.

industrious
2009-11-12, 08:38 PM
Critical Confirmation: [roll0]
Extra Damage: [roll1]

Posted before you. I think he's dead. And talking is a free action, anyway...

industrious
2009-11-12, 09:17 PM
Joseph takes the dead elf's longbow, quiver, and longsword, leaving the buckler and armor behind. Before exiting out the other door, though, he checks it for traps(touch with the mindblade).

Can I just have that as my action for every door, or do I have to type it in every time?

Tanaric
2009-11-12, 09:23 PM
A sharp rap on every door? I can keep that as your default action if you really want me to.

industrious
2009-11-12, 09:40 PM
Not a rap, just a light touch with the tip.

Tanaric
2009-11-13, 04:11 PM
Nothing happens when you touch the door. Opening it reveals a short (five foot) corridor running to the south that ends in a second door.

industrious
2009-11-13, 09:47 PM
Joseph picks up his dropped torch, and walks out of the room. Searching for traps in the corridor, if he doesn't find any, he opens the next door.

Search check:[roll0]

Tanaric
2009-11-14, 05:07 PM
Opening the door reveals the following room:{table]|A_|B_|C_|D_|E_|F_|G_
1|||||||
2|||||||
3|||||||
4|||-|-|||
5|||1||||
6|||||||
7|||||||[/table]

There is a man seated behind a desk near the center of the room, wearing red silk robes and with a diadem of silver and gold atop his head. He is reading something on a scroll when you open the door, which causes him to raise his head and quirk an eyebrow at you.

There is a door at D-1, which you are just outside of, another at B-1, another at A-4, and another at G-4.

industrious
2009-11-14, 06:14 PM
Joseph looks over the man, and walks up to the desk. "Hello, how are you?"

Spot Check:[roll0]

Tanaric
2009-11-15, 01:51 AM
[roll0] Whitetext.

"Quite well, thank you. I take it you're here to have your name added to the roster?"

You notice that the runes on the parchment are red and glistening, in a language you can't read. You also see a thin stream of blood dripping from one of his fingers.