PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Needs Moar PP

Zaq
2009-11-11, 09:50 PM
So, I'm toying around with a character who would use a lot of the really spiffy tattoo rules found here (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/psm/20031225a). Specifically, I really like the Capacitors, which turn your tattoos from one-shot tricks into rechargeable items. (The fluff of the character involves a lot of tricks built into their body, so this fits perfectly.) Here's the thing, though: the capacitor says that you gain 1 fewer PP per day per capacitor you have. (Interestingly, it does NOT say that you have to have as many PP per day as you have capacitors. You could have no PP at all and have half a dozen capacitors with no issues. However, RAI is pretty clear that you have to have a PP before you can give it to a tattoo, so I'm just going to play by RAI for now.) This is all well and good, except for one thing: the character I'm thinking of isn't a manifester. So, basically, I need a way to figure out how to get more PP per day without burning (more) feats or class levels. Here's what I have so far:

Warforged
Feat: Psiforged Body, MoE 51 (+1 PP, can treat body as cognizance crystal, opens some other options) (1 PP total)
Item: Psychic Generator, MoE 126 (+1 PP, no body slot taken, 2500 gp) (2 PP total)
Location: Crystal Node, CP 116 (+5 PP, lasts 1 year, 4500 gp) (7 PP total)

I suppose that's enough for a few capacitors, though I'd also like to have enough PP left over to gain the benefit from some Power Crystals (MoE 126) and similar things. (The Crystal Node was a big find, though I do wish it was permanent). Are there any other items that increase a non-manifester's power point reserve, or any other ways of getting more power points that don't cost me feats or levels? (I'd prefer permanent/renewable power points, not just once-off deals, so things like Bestow Power and Soul Crystal, while fun, aren't what I'm looking for here.)

Quietus
2009-11-11, 10:54 PM
Can you keep a crystal node inside of yourself?

Zaq
2009-11-11, 11:09 PM
I doubt it, since a Crystal Node is a magical psionic location. That'd be a little like keeping a Frog God's Fane or Dragonsblood Pool inside yourself.

I also found the Rainbow Ioun Stone... it's basically a self-recharging cognizance crystal that gets 5 PP per day. I'm not sure how helpful this would be, though. Does anyone know how that really works? Could I use it to recharge my own internal (psiforged) cognizance crystal? I guess I could use it to fuel the Transducers mentioned in the tattoo article...

Wings of Peace
2009-11-11, 11:16 PM
Did someone say more power? (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/psm/20051125a)

Zaq
2009-11-12, 12:38 AM
That'd be nice, except that 1) it's cheesy as hell (if you abuse it for crazy high power points per day) and we all know it, 2) I don't want to lose any levels in my real class (as I said in the OP), and 3) I don't qualify, because I'm not a manifester (as I also already stated).