PDA

View Full Version : [ACRO] Outside IX: There are Mosquitoes

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

SeptAngel
2009-11-26, 07:35 PM
She smiles brightly to him, easily distracted yet again. I'm so glad you're safe...

Beans
2009-11-26, 07:40 PM
Sark decides to distract June with little kisses all over her face.

Moofin read the Acronym character thingy.
Irina smiles, ignoring all the places she's sore and hurting.

The pursuant is out of sight.
Mother opened a portal and took me home.
I'm sitting on the floor at her feet and she's yelling at me. I have my helmet off and I'm trying hard not to cry.
Her head is bleeding a little. I ask why.
She kicks me in the head. Now I'm bleeding too.
Shut up, she tells me. Don't bother with what's not your business.
I go on my knees and beg her to let me go kill somebody and take their things. I beg and beg with blood dripping into my eyes and mouth.

Moofin Bard
2009-11-26, 07:42 PM
Sark pets her hair. I will always try to stay safe. Just for you.

((Pumpkin pie brake!))

SeptAngel
2009-11-26, 07:44 PM
((Heh enjoy!))

She rests her head against his shoulder, smiling. I'm glad for that...

Beans
2009-11-26, 07:54 PM
((OM NOM PUNKINS?
Happy Thanksgiving, both of ya's.))
They approach HALO's Beach.

There was a family in this house.
The father was throwing a ball with his son on the grass.
Now the son's head is gone and the father's neck is open. I took the ball.

The mother was reading a book.
The book lays open, and her back has a hole in it.

The daughter came down the stairs. She looked a little younger than my sister, the sister I hate. She had black stuff around her eyelids, like the makeup Mother helps me put on when I've been good. It makes me feel pretty, like Mother.
The girl saw her dead mother. She started crying, and the black stuff got runny.
At first I thought I should beat her. Mother beats me for crying.
But I don't like the beatings. I didn't want to do that.
When I cried, I wanted somebody to hold me. Mother never does that.
So I tried to hold her. But I had my armor on, and when she hit her head on my armor she went limp.
She wouldn't get up, but she was breathing.
I ate until I stopped being hungry, then I let myself cry a little.
I picked up the girl and went home.

Moofin Bard
2009-11-26, 07:56 PM
((Moofin has to go now. She's going home. But June can godmod him wherever she wants. Also, Moofin wonders if June's going to tell Sark about Angela.))

Beans
2009-11-26, 07:59 PM
((Okay then.
Bai, love and cuddles and also wool socks. Because wool socks are badass.))

SeptAngel
2009-11-26, 08:02 PM
((Yeah she will. Just waiting till they're alone. Later!))

Beans
2009-11-26, 08:22 PM
I guess Moofin is back.

I ask Mother if I can keep this girl and take care of her.
I go down on my knees and beg.
Mother says yes after a while.
I go down the stairs into my room.
My room is white. The things in it are all white.
I put the girl into my bed. I walk down the hall to the supply room, and I take off my armor and put the gun on its rack.
When I come back, the girl is awake.

Moofin Bard
2009-11-26, 08:27 PM
Sark grabs June's hand and leads her back through the portal into HALO.

SeptAngel
2009-11-26, 08:31 PM
She follows a little confused.

Neon Knight
2009-11-26, 08:41 PM
[On the Road]

Misaki #2 is wandering yet again.

Ashen Lilies
2009-11-27, 05:44 AM
The battletitan roars as the attacks land, but the creature is large and incredibly resilient.

The monster sets its focus on one of the tanks at the back, opens its massive jaws wide, and charges recklessly into the enemy group, trampling whatever is unlucky enough to be in the way (ally or enemy) and, upon reaching the tank, clamping the mandibles around it with a thunderous snap.

The legionnaires are legion, and die to one or two shots, but the march does not stop. They know no fear. They know no care for their own safety.

The Battletitan crushes two tanks and snaps a third in half, but the remaining two back up and continue firing, while the Decimators move in and slash at the Battletitan with their Wave-Force Glaives.

Meanwhile, the Purifiers keep shooting. They aren't running out of ammo any time soon. Up to you if there are enough legionnaires to press through continual fire from... 5 Purifiers, each with a pair of laser chainguns.

-------------------

Hey look! A dog, standing in the snow, staring at Misaki #2! It's all shadowy, and glowy eyed, and fiery drool drips slowly from open jaws, sizzling as it hits the ground.

Draken
2009-11-27, 07:45 AM
After suffering several wounds from the attackers, the battletitan opens the proteciononits back and lifts into the air. Right before spraying a thick, black, musk all over the RRF convoy.

This musk will probably cause vision difficulties.

The legionnaires are truly numerous. But not enough to overrun the Purifiers. Obviusly, this is soon noted by the swarm, and strategies adapt. A number of legionnaires stay back while their brothers and sisters charge on. These who stay away then start to shoot bolts of powerful acid at the robots.

Ashen Lilies
2009-11-27, 10:12 AM
EEek! Some of the Purifiers start to sizzle. The non-sizzle ones turn into jets, and fly away.
All the other droids fight to the death. Er... fight to the destruction.

Neon Knight
2009-11-27, 10:14 AM
Hey look! A dog, standing in the snow, staring at Misaki #2! It's all shadowy, and glowy eyed, and fiery drool drips slowly from open jaws, sizzling as it hits the ground.

Eep! :smalleek: Why does she keep meeting mean looking dogs?

Misaki backs up. And she was so close to home, too!

Ashen Lilies
2009-11-27, 10:25 AM
The dog growls magnificently, and stands up, walking slowly towards Misaki, leaving flaming pawprints behind in the snow.
It's getting bigger? :smallconfused::smalleek:

Neon Knight
2009-11-27, 10:36 AM
Oh, no, no, no, no....

Misaki looks around for a tree or something to climb as she keeps backing up.

Ashen Lilies
2009-11-27, 10:45 AM
Holy... It's the size of a horse now. And not a pretty pony. The carthorse sized hellhound stalks after Misaki, malice clearly evident in the glow of its eyes and the shine of its teeth. Smoke curled out of the corner of its mouth.

Draken
2009-11-27, 11:00 AM
Chase is not given to the fleeing purifiers.

The legionnaires and the battletitan retreat, while a horde of laborers tramples in to colect the remains, both of their own and those of the enemy.

Neon Knight
2009-11-27, 12:51 PM
Misaki #2 turns and runs for her life.

Ashen Lilies
2009-11-27, 08:10 PM
Huff huff huff huff huff!
So... what's she running from? *looks around*

DoomITP
2009-11-27, 09:09 PM
Grant and Pesty should be here near the tubes to HALO.

Beans
2009-11-27, 09:10 PM
[Near Halo's Beach]
Pesty is a-runnin'.
Is he following us?

DoomITP
2009-11-27, 09:12 PM
Yeah, I'm gathering as much energy as I can on the fly here but I'm afraid I'll have to fight with about half of my power unlocked.

Beans
2009-11-27, 09:13 PM
Yeah, I'm gathering as much energy as I can on the fly here but I'm afraid I'll have to fight with about half of my power unlocked.
Ummmm... oh crap?

DoomITP
2009-11-27, 09:16 PM
I'll try and make due. Just focus on unlocking the tubes.

He says once they reach the tubes and he unlocks about half of his power. His canine teeth become longer and his eyes turn a nasty shade of red. Kind of like a non demon or undead based vampire sorta. He does NOT sparkle. :smalltongue: He runs on energy around him instead of blood basically. He loses all his normal magic casting ability though and gets natural powers boosted like strength, speed and stuff like that.

Wanna say Famine sent him?

Beans
2009-11-27, 09:23 PM
I'll try and make due. Just focus on unlocking the tubes.

He says once they reach the tubes and he unlocks about half of his power. His canine teeth become longer and his eyes turn a nasty shade of red. Kind of like a non demon or undead based vampire sorta. He does NOT sparkle. :smalltongue: He runs on energy around him instead of blood basically. He loses all his normal magic casting ability though and gets natural powers boosted like strength, speed and stuff like that.

Wanna say Famine sent him?
Pesty gets unlocking...
And... what, the enemy dude? Okay, sure. This enigmatic "Mother" sent Famine to set that dude on Grant's tail.

DoomITP
2009-11-27, 09:26 PM
Sure, :smalltongue: why not.

The attacker and Grant are now in a epic sort of fist/sword/planar natural power/ battle.

Beans
2009-11-27, 09:31 PM
Sure, :smalltongue: why not.

The attacker and Grant are now in a epic sort of fist/sword/planar natural power/ battle.
GIVE HIM THE CHAIR, GRANT!
... NOT LITERALLY, BUT YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN!

DoomITP
2009-11-27, 09:33 PM
He elbows him in the face. Does that count?:smalltongue:

Beans
2009-11-27, 09:35 PM
He elbows him in the face. Does that count?:smalltongue:
... OR THAT!
TWIST UP HIS SPINE LIKE LADY GAGA'S LATEST WEIRD HAIRSTYLE!
Heh, real world.

DoomITP
2009-11-27, 09:37 PM
The battle continues! :smalltongue:

Pesty?! The tubes?!

Beans
2009-11-27, 09:39 PM
The battle continues! :smalltongue:

Pesty?! The tubes?!
The Internet---I mean, the series of tubes is unlocked and stuff! Yeah.

DoomITP
2009-11-27, 09:42 PM
Grant gathers a bunch of energy and sends the bad dude away long enough for them to escape.... Hopefully.

Beans
2009-11-27, 09:45 PM
ESCAPE HAPPENS, I GUESS.
Mr. Bad Dude may find himself facing a 7-foot-tall white-and-red suit of EVA armor.
Mother sent me to talk to you.

DoomITP
2009-11-27, 09:48 PM
What does she want?

Beans
2009-11-27, 09:50 PM
She saw.
She was not pleased.
She told me to remind you about what happened to Mariko when he displeased her like that. Ugh. Mariko. Poor guy. He didn't deserve that end.

DoomITP
2009-11-27, 10:03 PM
I'm not worried. If you want Pesty or Grant removed I would rather know why.

Beans
2009-11-27, 10:04 PM
Mother will tell you as much as you need to know.
And what you need to know is that Grant is your target. Destroy him.
If you can, you then bring Pestilence to me.
That is all.

DoomITP
2009-11-27, 10:15 PM
You do know that He will be able to beat me...

Beans
2009-11-27, 10:17 PM
Then don't fight fair.
Mother makes sure I practice regularly.
Mariko was good practice.
Creepy.

DoomITP
2009-11-27, 10:21 PM
Don't insult me please. I'll see what I can do.

Beans
2009-11-27, 10:24 PM
So will Mother.
That is all.
Famine steps back through a portal that closes as quickly as it opened.

Neon Knight
2009-11-28, 08:17 AM
Huff huff huff huff huff!
So... what's she running from? *looks around*

Huh?

Misaki #2 stops and looks around.

Neon Knight
2009-11-28, 10:13 PM
[Showdown]

Jonah Cooley is here for his duel with Roland.

The Bushranger
2009-11-28, 10:18 PM
[Showdown]

Roland arrives as well, looking angry, yet composed. And nods formally to Jonah as he does so.

SeptAngel
2009-11-28, 10:19 PM
Roland will feel the presence of Mercedes but nothing else.

Neon Knight
2009-11-28, 10:19 PM
[Showdown]

Jonah doesn't bother with any acknowledgment. He simply squares off against Roland, slipping into a gunslinger's stance.

The Bushranger
2009-11-28, 10:28 PM
Roland does, and Mercedes might sense a slight acknowledgement, but nothing more...

Before he settles into a defensive stance, his hand poised for his own gun, and waits for his opponent's move!

SeptAngel
2009-11-28, 10:37 PM
Since her player needs to go. Roland can draw from Mercedes strength if needed. Though, he hasn't exactly pledged his loyalty to her so somethings are limited. If he dies, then his body will be teleported to the temple.

Neon Knight
2009-11-28, 10:39 PM
[Showdown]

Jonah smirks.

Of course, by the time you've seen the smirk, he's already drawn and pulled the trigger.

The Bushranger
2009-11-28, 10:42 PM
[Showdown]

Mercedes may or may not be dissapointed by the fact that Roland won't be drawing on any power but his own...

...and Jonah's shot finds its mark!

In the left shoulder. With a nasty sound of a bullet impacting flesh.

Roland doesn't seem to even notice as he draws, bringing down his .50 six-shooter on his target and firing.

Neon Knight
2009-11-28, 10:47 PM
[Showdown]

Jonah steps into the shot, so that it hits directly, center of mass.

And ricochets off with an audible ping, the metal breastplate visible from underneath his undone duster proving proof against the round.

Jonah fans the hammer and attempts to put all 5 rounds into his opponent.

The Bushranger
2009-11-28, 10:53 PM
[Showdown]

Five rounds rapid!

Four of them hit. One going through where the heart is.

And still, Roland stands there, looking mightily pissed off.

Hurt, but still...

"Quite forsightful of you," he coughs. Seems those shots have done damage after all. "And yet, perhaps you did not forsee this."

With the hammer down, he pulls the trigger twice.

click
click

The cylinder turns, landing on an...empty chamber?

"Tonight...we shall...feast in Hades."

He thumbs back the hammer.
Pulls the trigger.

And the gun fires a Color Spray.

...before Roland collapses, first to his knees, then forwards onto his face in the dust.

Neon Knight
2009-11-28, 10:56 PM
[Showdown]

Just like it did with Erin's spell before, the armor briefly flashes, and then protects Jonah from the spell.

Deflecting a bullet and beating a spell in such a sort space of time does put quite a strain on the armor, and it begins to heat up, almost glowing visibly.

Jonah draws a fresh six-shooter and goes to look at Roland. "I'm not one for parties, really."

The Bushranger
2009-11-28, 11:01 PM
[Showdown]

Roland doesn't look to be quite dead yet.

Yet his body is...
...starting to glow?

And there's a hum of energy in the air.

A hum that's rapidly building in pitch and intensity...

Neon Knight
2009-11-28, 11:02 PM
[Showdown]

Jonah attempts to finish the downed man with all six cylinders put in his head.

The Bushranger
2009-11-28, 11:07 PM
[Showdown]

<_<
>_>

The first shot into the head causes something curious to occur.

Well, curious, unless you expected what most people would expect with something glowing and ommminously hummmmming.

Roland explodes.

In a flash of divine energy.

At levels and powers one would expect from the disintrigration of a Chaotic Neutral demigod.

Since Jonah didn't run away, but is, in fact, standing directly above him when this happens...

:smalleek:

Neon Knight
2009-11-28, 11:30 PM
[Showdown]

His armor is a powerful artifact, but not that powerful. Roland manages to take the outlaw with him.

The Bushranger
2009-11-28, 11:35 PM
[Showdown]

All that remains of Roland, when the fireball clears, is his pendant.

Which is, presumably, teleported to Mercedes' temple.

Rebonack
2009-11-28, 11:57 PM
[On the Way to Yaza's Manse]

Avatar is trotting along, no doubt with a lil' half-cast still on his quite invisible back. By this time he has devoted himself to humming a catchy tune which he rather likes. Why? Who knows. Just seems to enjoy it.

It's strange, really. He behaves far more human than one would expect of a Far-critter. Wonder what's going on with that...

"Hee... It's a game that was created in Zee's world. It requires a rather complex computing stone crystal to play it in conjunction with a light screen. It allows people from all over the world to play together as pretend heroes," the chimera explains. "Since after all, not everyone has real magical powers, right? Class describes the kinds of abilities a supernatural person has and level how potent said abilities are."

He finds all this rather amusing.

Lord Iames Osari
2009-11-29, 12:07 AM
Oh. I don't think Daddy would approve of that. He'd much rather make people heroes in real life than have them pretend.

He likes people who are heroes a lot.

horngeek
2009-11-29, 12:09 AM
Meidani walks alongside them.

Sounds a bit like my adoptive father.

Rebonack
2009-11-29, 12:19 AM
[Closer to the Manes Now]

"Well... I'm not sure how easy it would be to make everyone a hero. Everyone lacks the ability to do amazing feats of strength and magic after all. Sure most people can go out of their way to make the world a little better, but most are content just to live quiet lives. Not everyone is interested in adventure."

Lord Iames Osari
2009-11-29, 12:51 AM
[Closer to the Manes Now]

"Well... I'm not sure how easy it would be to make everyone a hero. Everyone lacks the ability to do amazing feats of strength and magic after all. Sure most people can go out of their way to make the world a little better, but most are content just to live quiet lives. Not everyone is interested in adventure."

I guess so. I'm sure Daddy wouldn't try to make anyone a hero who didn't want to be.

horngeek
2009-11-29, 12:55 AM
The people who want to be heroes...

they often don't know what happens as part of that.

Rebonack
2009-11-29, 01:04 AM
[Closing in on the Manse]

"Probably wouldn't," the Far-Chimera responds brightly. "I'm sure he isn't the sort to force people into living a life they don't want."

To the Monument!

horngeek
2009-11-29, 01:05 AM
The Monument!

is Vael on?

Gimliggamer
2009-11-29, 01:12 AM
Sinder appears at the gateway of outside, still badly limping, with several injuries.

Ashen Lilies
2009-11-29, 03:33 AM
[Some Far Away Place or Other]

The K-CORP convoy approaches here. It consists of four massive trucks, each one capable of fitting a few tanks in the back, which makes sense, considering that they are holding a bunch of tanks (as well as rifles and mortars and shells and bullets and launchers and napalm grenades and not-quite-so-nuclear-explosives). There are also four Scorpion tanks for guard, two in the front, two in the rear. A pair of Purifiers in jet mode circle lazily above.

Kaelaroth
2009-11-29, 05:46 AM
[The Woods, near GLoG]

Silently, a cold, black portal, disc-like in its two-dimensional horror, opens up in a conveniently placed patch of mysterious mist.

Sounds at all familiar, old-school pals?

Out of it steps a perfectly expensive black and red strapped stiletto, which is connected to a long, smooth pale leg, waxed and pedicured, too, I'll have you know - which is part of the body of the beautiful LaRoth, who is now fully out of her portal, shaking her currently chesnut coloured long curls in joyous.. joy at being back in this dimension. Turning, now, to look back at the portal she's formed, she smoothes down her long purple evening dress, which, as always, is both ridiculously pricey, and completely innappropriate for the season's weather and temperature, and calls out, in melodious tones:

Oh, Aidan! Bring out the baby, will you? Waiting for him, she taps her sharp heels, killing a nearby confused frog. Poor frog, one might say, but LaRoth's more concerned about her shoe.
Tapping her watch, the shoe shivers, and becomes a spool-heeled silver one, the other one jumping into a similar form at her command shortly afterwards. I forgot this place was so... dirty. She murmurs to herself, looking around, at the trail of smoke in the distance that identifies the settlement she planned to pop in to. What was it.. Golg? Gogg... No... GLoG. I think.

Reinholdt
2009-11-29, 12:01 PM
[Some Far Away Place or Other]

The K-CORP convoy approaches here. It consists of four massive trucks, each one capable of fitting a few tanks in the back, which makes sense, considering that they are holding a bunch of tanks (as well as rifles and mortars and shells and bullets and launchers and napalm grenades and not-quite-so-nuclear-explosives). There are also four Scorpion tanks for guard, two in the front, two in the rear. A pair of Purifiers in jet mode circle lazily above.

The cloaked figure awaits them and has them set it all down and unload right where they are. The middle of nowhere. Well... not quite the middle. More like just on the edge in nowhere, but close to somewhere but no, not there.

Oh well... who is K-CORP to question their clients?

The figure will pay them and usher them away as quickly as possible.

[The Woods, near GLoG]

Aidan A. Phaest steps out of the portal wearing bloadsoaked trousers that suggest something has come across great misfortune recently. It's probably also evidenced by that hammer he's holding with similar bloadstains, his hands themselves also covered.

He's grinning maniacally, the happy nanites of LaRoth working in tandem with his new homicidal tendencies to create a truly joyous serial killer.

"The baby can't make the three o'clock ma'am. Perhaps you'd like to reschedule once you're in hell ma'am." Aidan charges at LaRoth, hammer held high, aiming to land a blow on that nice soft skull and ruin that pretty face.

Someone has employee relations issues.

Kaelaroth
2009-11-29, 12:33 PM
[The Woods, near GLoG]

You freaking killed my little darling? My baby? My petit? My bebbeh?

LaRoth says, her voice somewhat stilted, and shocked, but maybe not quite as much as the caring, loving, human mother ought to be. Of course, that just means she's not shocked enough to throw up a sparking shield of electrical power all around her perfectly illusioned form.

Do you know how ****ing long it takes for one to summon a spirit out of the freaking space-time void between dimensions, and stick it into an adopted baby?! Months! MONTHS! Months I've been working on that stupid baby, to get my freaking psychic back. You bastard. I gave you dental! She yells, in a voice that becomes more snake-like, hissing with rage, from behind her almost-blinding electrical wall. And nanites. Thankfully, they're easy to deal with.

Reinholdt
2009-11-29, 02:09 PM
[The Woods, near GLoG]

"Don't worry ma'am. I made sure it didn't suffer all too much ma'am." :smallsmile:

He's thrown back by the electrical field, his fur and hair all standing on end from the static and smocking ever so slightly. Owww.

"Now that's just not all that fair ma'am." He takes his water bottle and tries to splash the LaRoth/the electrical field with it. Cause clearly the small amount of water it provides will short circuit the barrier.

Neon Knight
2009-11-29, 02:48 PM
[White]

All is quiet here, all is still. There are no voices here, only a little chill.

It stands as a white field, covered in snow. The air is full of falling snowflakes, floating on a wind that tugs at one's clothing and takes warmth from those who stand in it.

And here appears Misaki #2, having come across this place on her way to the Glass Citadel. It isn't very far from there, although Misaki isn't going there.

The second she appears, she starts to shiver from the breeze, and on her first step she realizes that she forgot her shoes.

It doesn't matter, either way.

She starts walking, leaving a little trail of prints behind her in the snow, to be filled in by the descending cold.

She looks around, at this pretty place, all covered in the snow. White. Pure. Not red, not black. It's peaceful here. Calm. She doesn't notice as the cold stops stinging her bare feet, or when she stops feeling the cold at all. Tranquil, pure, clean, beautiful snow, all around her.

Slipping slowly into numbness, letting the cold embrace her as she gets sleepy...

It would be nice to be the snow, she thinks, as she lies down. It would be nice to be like that.

All is quiet here, all is still.

Kaelaroth
2009-11-29, 02:51 PM
[The Woods, near GLoG]

"Don't worry ma'am. I made sure it didn't suffer all too much ma'am." :smallsmile:

He's thrown back by the electrical field, his fur and hair all standing on end from the static and smocking ever so slightly. Owww.

"Now that's just not all that fair ma'am." He takes his water bottle and tries to splash the LaRoth/the electrical field with it. Cause clearly the small amount of water it provides will short circuit the barrier.

Of course. Not. The field stays strong, but sparks start to leap off it, at him, lazily, while LaRoth looks at him, sympathetic. Two options. Run, now. Or I tell the nanites in your to explode.

Reinholdt
2009-11-29, 03:05 PM
[The Woods, near GLoG]

Aidan grins maniacally before taking off and running away. He may despise LaRoth to the core now, but that doesn't mean he's able to do anything about it.
Yet.

Besides. There were a number of other people he could choose from.

Unless LaRoth explodes him anyways.

Reinholdt
2009-11-29, 03:36 PM
[White]

Shepholdt runs and runs and runs and r-trips.

"Ow! Wha-?" He twists around, sitting up and scooting back towards the thing he tripped over.

And gasps.
"Mi-Misaki?" He desperately starts digging her out, his human hands clumsy in comparison to the paws he's used to.

"Misaki! Say something! Please!" Reinholdt works frantically at his lost cause, trying to desperately save someone who can't be helped.

Neon Knight
2009-11-29, 03:38 PM
[White]

She looks peaceful, at least.

Gimliggamer
2009-11-29, 03:42 PM
Sinder opens his spellbook and starts chanting. He is now fully healed, and an epic level spellslot has been used. He flaps his wings and takes to the skies.

Lord Magtok
2009-11-29, 03:47 PM
White

There's some loud plodding not too far off, a figure in purple robes. ReinHerd might happen to spot the cyborg approaching, if he's not too busy mourning Misaki.

Reinholdt
2009-11-29, 03:52 PM
[White]

Lucky for her? Reinholdt hopes. She was too young and happy to die like this. No one pure and happy should be allowed to die.

Crying he picks her up. "Always... anyone I care for. Oh Misaki. I'm so sorry. I'll talk to Happy like I promised. And... and... and make sure Butler knew you said goodbye." She would have wanted that he thinks.

He's just about to turn to go to GLoG too when he hears something. "Who's there?" Looking, it's not hard to spot those robes in this white. "Magtok? What're you doing here?"

Kaelaroth
2009-11-29, 03:55 PM
[In the Woods, near GLoG]

Oh, no. LaRoth tries to explode him anyway. :smallwink:

Lord Magtok
2009-11-29, 04:06 PM
Winter Wonderland

Magtok sighs. The long rush through the snow made the initial shock and rage more or less dissipate, and the corpse added a sort of unpleasant gloominess to everything.

Your tracking devices went off, removed from your body, somehow.

Rein, we're going to have to talk some things over, and I can't promise you that I'm not going to try to kill you at some point along the way, but I'm going to avoid it if I can. Cal's starting up his whirlwind of destruction just in time for the holiday season, you're...changed, the catpeople are going berserk, and things are going to get really ugly before they get better.

Reinholdt
2009-11-29, 04:12 PM
*pops goes the Aidan*
He's deaded.

[White]

Reinholdt frowns. He hadn't thought about Mag's toys. He was mostly dealing with being Shepherd. And a dead Misaki.

He hates that idea of things getting uglier before it gets better. But it's probably true too.

"Can we at least talk at GLoG? No offense Magtok, but standing here and talking about the future with a dead [I]girl in my arms doesn't appeal to me all that much. Once she's been cared for properly we'll talk about whatever you want, k?"

SeptAngel
2009-11-29, 04:17 PM
[HALO Beach]

A pod surfaces, containing June and Sark with supplies for a nice picnic.

Lord Magtok
2009-11-29, 04:20 PM
I'll Have a Blue Christmas Without You

Magtok glares icy glare-daggers of viciousness just barely restrained for the time being.

I'll drive a knife laced with catnip and several kinds of poisons through your eye if you try to use this situation to run away, Reinholdt. And I know she's in the Citadel right now, and could wall up the place with bots until she starves to death or goes insane. I'm at my limit here Reinholdt, but lead on.

Reinholdt
2009-11-29, 04:26 PM
[Red with blood and Green with envy]

Reinholdt glares back. Seems he doesn't care at all for how Magtok approached this one.

"Not everything is about self-preservation you know. Some people really actually care for others. Especially those they knew who've died. And if you dare threaten Rabbit like that again I'll take Cynthia, rip her out of whatever deadtime she's hiding in and snap her neck."

And with that he heads towards GLoG.

ThePhantom
2009-11-29, 04:48 PM
[Fields]

A helicopter with the word: AMEN on its side, flies up and down the vast fields of ACRO.

"Where is it? How could I get lost trying to find a stupid large building!"

Gimliggamer
2009-11-29, 06:08 PM
Sinder notices the copter and sneakily flies under it, grabbing the railing.

Moofin Bard
2009-11-29, 09:01 PM
[HALO Beach]
Sark looks around. I think this is a good place, don't you?

SeptAngel
2009-11-29, 09:02 PM
Looks perfect. She lays out the blanket in the sand just far enough from the water that the waves won't reach them.

Moofin Bard
2009-11-29, 09:05 PM
[HALO Beach]
Sark smiles and sits out on the blanket. Assuming they're still in their swim suits with clothes over them, maybe they can go swimming later. So what have we got to eat?

SeptAngel
2009-11-29, 09:08 PM
Yeah they are.
She sets the basket down and pulls out all sorts of goodies. I made all different sorts of sandwiches. I got chips and Sept had cookies so I stole a few. She giggles.

Moofin Bard
2009-11-29, 09:13 PM
[HALO Beach]
Sark tilts his head towards her and grins. You stole them eh? That's not very nice. He's teasing her. He goes in to tickle her side.

SeptAngel
2009-11-29, 09:14 PM
She eeps and giggles, falling over to try and get away from the tickling. It's okay. *giggle* I can steal from my sister...*giggle*

Moofin Bard
2009-11-29, 09:18 PM
That's impossible because the tickling continues. Oh really? Well I guess it's okay then.

SeptAngel
2009-11-29, 09:19 PM
She squirms trying to get free. You *giggle* win. *giggle*

Moofin Bard
2009-11-29, 09:22 PM
She stops tickling and grins at her. Oh? What do I win?

SeptAngel
2009-11-29, 09:23 PM
She shrugs, looking up at him. What do you want to win?

Moofin Bard
2009-11-29, 09:26 PM
He pouts. I don't get to pick what I win. That completely defeats the purpose. He snags a cookie and eats it.

SeptAngel
2009-11-29, 09:27 PM
She quickly snags her own cookie and eats it too. You aren't supposed to eat dessert before the main course.

Moofin Bard
2009-11-29, 09:31 PM
He fake pouts again. It's just a snack is all. Now what did I win?

SeptAngel
2009-11-29, 09:32 PM
She purses her lips together, thinking. Hmm...a kiss?

Moofin Bard
2009-11-29, 09:33 PM
Okay. He goes in to kiss her and wraps an arm around her waist.

SeptAngel
2009-11-29, 09:35 PM
She presses close to him, holding the kiss and wrapping an arm around his neck.

Moofin Bard
2009-11-29, 09:38 PM
He puts his only free hand on her cheek and continues kissing her. The sun is setting over the beach.

SeptAngel
2009-11-29, 09:40 PM
She gives a small shiver as the kiss continues but doesn't make any move to break it just yet. Tentatively, she puts her other hand on his waist, aiming to gently trail her fingers across his skin.

Moofin Bard
2009-11-29, 09:42 PM
He shivers too and makes no move to break the kiss. He lightly trails his fingers down her cheek to her neck.

Recaiden
2009-11-29, 09:51 PM
A light gray wolf, apparently on fire, has come from GLoG to the woods, and is searching around.

SeptAngel
2009-11-29, 09:51 PM
She lays back, holding the kiss so that he lays on top of her.

Moofin Bard
2009-11-29, 09:52 PM
He lays back too and rolls over, pulling her on top of him.

SeptAngel
2009-11-29, 09:54 PM
She breaks the kiss, searching his eyes as her hand snakes back to untie her bikini top.

Moofin Bard
2009-11-29, 09:57 PM
He grabs her arm to stop her. Are you sure June?

SeptAngel
2009-11-29, 09:58 PM
She bites her bottom lip and nods. As long as you want to...

Moofin Bard
2009-11-29, 10:00 PM
He lets go of her arm and strokes her cheek. Of course. I just don't want to rush you.

SeptAngel
2009-11-29, 10:02 PM
You aren't. Besides... She smiles softly to him, undoing the top. I do kinda owe it to you...

Moofin Bard
2009-11-29, 10:03 PM
He can't help but stare at her. And not at her face either. He swallows. You're so beautiful.

The Bushranger
2009-11-29, 10:06 PM
Behind the fiery [s]fox wolf comes Brendan, looking slightly uncertain, yet also intrigued.

Moofin Bard
2009-11-29, 10:08 PM
June can pull the curtain because Moofin has to go.

Recaiden
2009-11-29, 10:08 PM
[:smalleek:]

The wolf stops, listening to something, and starts running of to the left. It glances back at Brendan once, expecting him to be running along already.

((EDIT: Deadtime for now.))

happyturtle
2009-11-29, 10:10 PM
[Somewhere not near the HALO Beach]

Happy hovers along in her MagChair, headed out into the woods. Roughly in the direction that Shepholdt went. Not that she's tracking him. She has no way of knowing anything more than the general direction he left in. And that's the direction she's going.

Rebonack
[Somewhere totally that romantic]

Several Menacing Crabs clack their pincers threateningly, a not so subtle suggestion that it would be polite if 'fan-service' type posts were stuck in [spoiler] tags in public threads like these this one. Just to keep things a little more private.

SeptAngel
June quickly pulls the curtain around the two.

Night Moofin!

Moofin left so her's will have to be done later.

The Bushranger
2009-11-29, 10:25 PM
Brendan is indeed running after the fiery [s]fox wolf! A goofy grin developing on his face as he does so!

Gimliggamer
2009-11-29, 11:27 PM
Sinder flaps away from the deadtime copter, fighting back the ooze as he does so. and then flies into a pack of birds, who rip out his feathers and give him several nasty cuts, where he plummets into the sand of the HALO beach abour 40 yards from a certain picnic....

Gnrlshrimp
2009-11-29, 11:27 PM
[Wherever the hell Hive Korinth is]

Ba'al kasplodes into existence above Hive Korinth He looks down, grinning as usual. "Ah yes! Those weird bug thingies that attacked that monk-like person. I remember. They have wasps..." He swoops down so he's just above the hive, cups his shands to his mouth and shouts.

"Hey! Bug Things! TAKE ME TO YOUR LEADER!"

Draken
2009-11-29, 11:32 PM
[Hive Korinth]

Baal is greeted by a mass of tiny flying insects that take on a distinctly humanoid shape. Well. It seens to have two arms, a head and a torso at least.

"I am the Overseer of this hive, make my time count, I am busy."

She is too busy to send minions to talk for her. That's really busy.

Gnrlshrimp
2009-11-29, 11:35 PM
"Right, I can see that since you're made up of little things. Um, for starters, what the hell is going on here? Last time I was in the nexus there was a definite lack of bug things drilling into the earth."

Recaiden
2009-11-29, 11:36 PM
[Somewhere that had better not be romantic]

The canid slows down so Brendan can keep up with it. He'll start to hear the sounds of other wolves waaay off ahead.

Draken
2009-11-29, 11:47 PM
"Tirr'chak."

If Ba'al is able to magicaly understand all languages, she just said "Daft Ignorant."

"Throughtly has the Kyorl'Zuraj Empire entrenched itself in this sector. This world will soon be integrated, its godspawned inhabitants will be eradicated, and the taint of their existance will be throughly purged from all of the universe."

It's a xenocide crusade.

Gnrlshrimp
2009-11-29, 11:51 PM
"So you're planning on killing everyone because...why? I kinda like this place, somewhere as bizarre and unrealistic as the nexus...you've got to have a pretty good reason for assimilating it, or whatever it is you called it. And what's a godspawn?"

Draken
2009-11-30, 12:01 AM
"They shall die. We will only hasten their demise, so that this world, which was once our own, be returned to its rightful owners."

Truth be said a koylr'zuraj could never have stepped foot on this place of the universe and they would still believe it was rightfuly theirs.

"And I am not here to enlighten your ignorance. K't't't't'tshnek. What is a godspawn. Why, it is a creature that came from the gods, of course. Tirr'chak."

Gnrlshrimp
2009-11-30, 12:11 AM
"Oh I see! I'm glad I'm not one of them!" He's sort of right. He was created by things more powerful than gods...

Um, anyway, Ba'al frowns, tuts, and shakes his head. "Now, see, that's just plain unreasonable. If you leave a planet, you can hardly complain if some other race evolves to fill the gap! Honestly, you really don't have any claim to this place any more. Not unless you're saying you have some sort of higher intelligence than the people here, and that idea, honestly, is just laughable."

Ba'al laughs, "I mean, come on! This place is like the centre of the universe or something! Of all the places to try and take over, you picked the place filled with the largest range of most powerful beings anywhere! Not a smart move, not a smart move at all!"

Draken
2009-11-30, 12:24 AM
"Center? You are most wrong. This system is located in sector a347er75-83, this particular planed appears to show a time-space flux that causes occasional melding of the endless paralels of reality. The Harbinger of Time already works towards the restoration of such a dangerous inconstant."

"And our claim is proper. As we did not leave, but the deities drove us to exile at the very ends of the universe. We are taking back through force what was taken from us by the same means. Trkk'k'k'k..."

Gnrlshrimp
2009-11-30, 12:33 AM
"Yeah, yeah, I know it's not literally the centre. I've been around most of this universe, and a few others. However the warping of space-time is hardly dangerous, in fact, it's produced limitless possibilities! This place is great! Why not join the fun instead of being a jackass and trying to slaughter everyone?"

Ba'al smiles and gestures at everything around them, "Y'know, there's this thing called sharing. Other places, sure, take 'em back! But this place, this place is different. Your big boss man wouldn't be Draken, would it? A crazy talking cat was trying to persuade me to team up with him the other day..."

The Bushranger
2009-11-30, 07:33 AM
[Somewhere 100% Romance Free...
...OK, maybe 99.9%]

[Somewhere that had better not be romantic]

The canid slows down so Brendan can keep up with it. He'll start to hear the sounds of other wolves waaay off ahead.

Brendan, hearing this, slows a little more, himself.

A small part of his brain wonders why he thought throwing himself to the wolves was a good idea. :smalltongue:

But, nontheless, he endeavours to keep up.

((One post, back late))

Ashen Lilies
2009-11-30, 08:51 AM
[The Earl's Mountain Lair]

Another K-CORP convoy, guarded by tanks and Purifiers finds its way here as well.
It contains:

20 Wyvern-class Ornithoptors, each painted with scales and eyes and a toothy maw, armed with a flamethrower and rocket pods.
150 Heavy Motorbikes, armed with side-mounted chainguns.
150 Sidecars, with a swivel seat and swivel-mounted grenade launcher.
20 Dragonwrought-class Light Mecha, with short-ranged jump jets, armed with rocket pods, a cannon, and a flamethrower. Cannon is mounted in the right arm, flame-thrower in the left, and rocket pods are a slim design, 3 columns by 2 rows, retractable and mounted on the shoulders.
15 Cobra-class Tanks, armed with a cannon and a swivel-mounted machine gun. They are fast and powerful, but lightly armored. Requires a crew of four: A driver, a commander/spotter, a machine-gunner, and a gunner.
1 Modified Command Airship, armed with chaingun and flamethrower turrets, and a bomb bay. Painted to resemble Kirov Airships (http://cnc.wikia.com/wiki/RA2:Kirov_Airship). Minimum crew of 3, 6 to man all turrets, 3 for the bomb bay.
Ammo, including bullets, shells, grenades, flamethrower fuel, rockets and bombs.

All are, as per instructions, designed and sized appropriately for use by Kobolds.

Reinholdt
2009-11-30, 09:07 AM
[Somewhere not near the HALO Beach]

Happy hovers along in her MagChair, headed out into the woods. Roughly in the direction that Shepholdt went. Not that she's tracking him. She has no way of knowing anything more than the general direction he left in. And that's the direction she's going.
It's not too hard to follow him if you watch the blood trail. He did get gashed pretty bad.

After a while though, there's a bigger pool of it, then it stops. Seems he stopped to tend to it before moving on.

From here there are two places to choose from. The Taverna where he has his private Tessa room to protect him, or NO where he may hire protection.

[Edge of Nowhere]

The cloaked figure now stands before stockpiles and stockpiles of weapons. It's almost as if they've multiplied overnight. Which they have. With some duplication scrolls. There's enough now to hand out to an entire army.
The figure pulls out a walky-talkie and says something into it. Then waits.

happyturtle
2009-11-30, 09:30 AM
Or there's option three. Not think of either location and instead get lost in the woods. Brain fog plus insanity is a bitch.

Reinholdt
2009-11-30, 09:33 AM
Are you wandering in circles there Happy? Didn't you just see that rock three hours ago?

happyturtle
2009-11-30, 09:36 AM
Of course she's not wandering in circles. She's hovering in circles.

Totally different.

Reinholdt
2009-11-30, 10:24 AM
[Edge of Nowhere]

An extremely large purple portal opens up and out pours catpeople marching. Marching. Marching. The jingling of their collars like all the church bells in the world tolling all at once to announce death. How many catpeople? Hundreds of Thousands. Maybe millions. Doesn't matter all that much. Are you going to count?

Unlike their usual garb, the catpeople are now dressed in military fatigues and carry some standard fare. In addition to that jingling collar announcing their arrival, all have a standard 9mm pistol and combat knife. A few are carrying heavy machine gun sets, sniper rifles, and small mobile AA-emplacements, weaker than their set-in-place cousins.

Several flags of the resistance symbol are being carried. Regardless of their true motives, they are masquerading as Inside's Resistance. Calublufiok promised Jack he'd work for him. Whether in life or in death he intended to make that true.

Most unusual is that every catperson has a helmet. Not unusual in and of itself. But on the sides of every helmet are soda cans attached. A straw connecting each can before leading down to the Catperson for easy access to drinking. Much like this, but with an actual helmet and not beer:
http://www.after5catalog.com/images/products/172-06601b1.jpg

When they arrive, they march to the weaponry K-Corp provided, forming orderly lines to move quickly and grab their gear.
Rifles (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7377847&postcount=28).
Tanks and their Ammo (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7379451&postcount=30).
Mortars with Bunker Buster ammo and Super Shrapnel ammo (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7379451&postcount=30).
Grenades type 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7379671&postcount=32) and Grenade type 2 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7379688&postcount=34) along with Rocket Launchers that produce an ominous boom when fired.

Having collected everything and formed up, they eagerly await the cloaked figures' orders. With a tossing of his cloak, and in a not surprise, he shows himself to be none other than The Admiral, his flaming sword gleaming in the sunlight as he points it towards ACRO.
http://public5.tektek.org/img/av/0911/d30/1020/af8f851.png
"Forward March!!"

[Small Village too close to the Edge of Nowhere]

It was crushed swiftly with minimal casualties. They didn't even see it coming. A few lucky ones were smart enough to run when they heard the marching and got away to warn of the coming terror. Everyone else burned.

As one woman barely in her twenties tries to crawl away with grievous leg injuries, a catwoman steps on her, stopping her movement and grinding the military boot into her back. Kicking the woman over, the catwoman stared at her prey with fierce predatory hatred. The woman couldn't cry. Couldn't beg. Just asked.
"Why?"
Her head exploded in a shower of blood as the catwoman's rifle shot tore through it with ease. "Why ma'am? I suppose because you're different ma'am." The catwoman goes to regroup.

The Admiral orders the split at this point, with catpeople spreading out to go in different directions. There was many a target to hit. GLoG, NO, The WATCHTOWER, just to name a few. ACRO would burn under the boots of war.

Moofin Bard
2009-11-30, 10:38 AM
[HALO Beach]
When the curtain opens, Sark has got his swim trunks back on and is snuggling up against June. Huh, that was his first time where he wasn't influenced by substances. (LSD drugs and pheromones)

Lord Magtok
2009-11-30, 11:14 AM
Of course she's not wandering in circles. She's hovering in circles.

Totally different.

The chair beeps once, and attempts to take Happy on a course back to GLoG.

Dirk Kris
2009-11-30, 11:24 AM
Woods
Layla has been hiding out in the woods, watching the waves of angry catpeople with wide, horrified eyes. She quietly curses her decision to destroy her cellphone.

Spotting an opportunity, Layla breaks into a run to head back to HALO.

happyturtle
2009-11-30, 01:57 PM
The chair beeps once, and attempts to take Happy on a course back to GLoG.

Happy frowns at her chair, tries to override the controls. There's no point in going back there. She has to find her nephew first.

She slips out of the chair and carries on without it. She's so very tired.

Lord Magtok
2009-11-30, 02:45 PM
It's not that hard to track a sick and tired person feebly struggling through the woods, especially if one has a nearby hover-chair beacon to start off their search. Mag tries to find Happy, scanning everything around the area if necessary to find her. He's not going to let her get trampled by some massive army if he can avoid it.

happyturtle
2009-11-30, 02:47 PM
Yup. There she is... staggering through the woods kind of slow and pathetically.

SeptAngel
2009-11-30, 02:53 PM
[Halo Beach]
June wakes slowly, cuddled up to Sark.

Lord Magtok
2009-11-30, 03:14 PM
Yup. There she is... staggering through the woods kind of slow and pathetically.

Magtok tries to get ahead of her and stand in her path.

Happy, an army of catfolk's coming. A huge one, World War sized swarms. Do you know what Cal's going to do if he finds you, what's going to happen to Melody if she's all alone? Stop this, please.

happyturtle
2009-11-30, 03:16 PM
It takes Happy's eyes a moment to focus on Magtok. "I have to find Shepherd."

Lord Magtok
2009-11-30, 03:36 PM
Magtok frowns, and tries to pick Happy up, with his shiny side taking most, if not all of the weight.

"I have to find Shepherd"

It's a cold, vengeful logic he can't help but partially agree with. The cat did kill him, after all. It brought Kaela to his prophesied conclusion, shoved him into second-string villain status, tried to end Cynthia, abused everyone's trust, and currently looks like an apocalyptic wretch that was supposed to be over and done with. Any chance of redemption ended long ago, and there's clearly nothing left the cat could possibly do to cause that "Noble sacrifice against Cal" end he'd been hoping for. And the cat's continued existence is kinda his fault.

The chair is called over, and Mag tries to help her into it.

He didn't go to the Citadel, suppose he caught on to my bots there. MagSat says Neutralist Organization HQ, it's straight that way. ((Second sentence can be ignored if Rein had hidden himself in some manner from the satellite's heavenly eye. I didn't check.))

Moofin Bard
2009-11-30, 03:37 PM
HALO Beach
Sark smiles lovingly at June. Finally awake love?

SeptAngel
2009-11-30, 03:37 PM
She sighs softly with a smile. Guess I slept in a little...

happyturtle
2009-11-30, 03:42 PM
Happy is helped back into the chair. "You don't have to come."

Moofin Bard
2009-11-30, 03:43 PM
[HALO Beach]
Sark gives her a little squeeze. It's quite alright after the tiring activities we went through last night...
((Don't forget your place brackets! []))

SeptAngel
2009-11-30, 03:45 PM
[[[[[[[[HALO Beach]]]]]]]]
((How's that? :smalltongue:))

She giggles softly and nods. Best picnic I've ever had.

Moofin Bard
2009-11-30, 03:49 PM
[HALO Beach]
Sark kisses her head. I have the feeling they might have noticed we're gone.

SeptAngel
2009-11-30, 03:50 PM
[Halo beach]
Think we should head back?

Moofin Bard
2009-11-30, 03:52 PM
[HALO Beach]
Sark pauses. No. I don't want to. Because I want you all to myself a little longer.

SeptAngel
2009-11-30, 03:57 PM
[Halo beach]
She giggles and kisses his cheek. You certainly won't hear me complaining.

Moofin Bard
2009-11-30, 04:00 PM
[HALO Beach]
Sark hugs her to him tighter. You really had nothing to worry about you know. It was great.

SeptAngel
2009-11-30, 04:02 PM
[Halo beach]
She blushes and nods. I just never... She trails off.

Moofin Bard
2009-11-30, 04:06 PM
[HALO Beach]
Sark blushes too. He kisses her cheek. You are amazing.

SeptAngel
2009-11-30, 04:15 PM
[Halo beach]
You're pretty amazing yourself. She nuzzles against his neck.

Lord Magtok
2009-11-30, 04:15 PM
Totally Lost and Far From Rein's Trail

Mag shakes his head.

Are you familiar with the geeky "With great power comes great responsibility" quote? I used to think it was a load of bull, some poetic trash to explain why Spiderman doesn't just retire and move somewhere quiet, with less crazy flying goblins everywhere.

But then I screwed up with Kaela by letting him go off and fulfill his prophecy, 'stead of treating him better. I was an idiot again, for listening to FrostMinion's load of bull about Rein killing Shepherd and not killing the cat when I had the chance. I made what was possibly my greatest failure when I offed a clone of myself, and my true nature accidentally scared Cynthia off into some dark deadtime cocoon somewhere, or perhaps the biggest was when I recklessly thought I'd figured out Shepherd's pattern, and that Melody wouldn't get hurt. And I made a colossal error just recently, when I thought I'd allow Rein to carry Misaki's body off to GLoG instead of just killing him on the spot.

I figure, maybe someone's trying to tell me something. Maybe Nil's Cross-Man, maybe the Players, maybe I'm just having one of those epiphany things all on my own. But the point is, you're wrong. I have to come, I have to be there, and I have to make goddamned sure that you don't get yourself killed. I'm not having any more blood on my hands for not killing, not caring, not paying attention, for not doing.

Moofin Bard
2009-11-30, 04:17 PM
[HALO Beach]
Sark strokes her hair. Thank you. I love you June.

SeptAngel
2009-11-30, 04:19 PM
[Halo Beach]
I love you too Sark. I'm so happy you made me bigger.

happyturtle
2009-11-30, 04:20 PM
[Lost in the Woods]

"Oh. Well, that's a problem. Because he's going to kill me." Happy says.

Moofin Bard
2009-11-30, 04:21 PM
[HALO Beach]
He sighs happily. Me too. And I can make you smaller any time you want. And me smaller too.

SeptAngel
2009-11-30, 04:22 PM
[Halo beach]
We could get smaller. Uh oh, he gave her ideas. Bet we could hide in lost of places and play with Roxy like that too.

Lord Magtok
2009-11-30, 04:24 PM
Lost

Magtok sighs.

Happy, I'm not going to let you kill yourself. And you just completely ruined my speech with that reply.

Moofin Bard
2009-11-30, 04:24 PM
[HALO Beach]
That definitely would give us more places to get to...but how would I get around? I don't have pretty wings like yours.

SeptAngel
2009-11-30, 04:27 PM
[Halo Beach]
She furrows her eyes brows. Good question. I dunno.

Moofin Bard
2009-11-30, 04:29 PM
[HALO Beach]
He smiles and tucks some of her hair behind her ear. We'll worry about it some other time.

happyturtle
2009-11-30, 04:30 PM
[Into the Woods]

Happy is silent for some time, as the fog slowly lifts from her mind. "You really did it, didn't you?" she finally says, her voice sounding more lucid than before.

SeptAngel
2009-11-30, 04:35 PM
[Halo beach]
She looks up with her ice blue eyes, smiling. I'm sure we could get you wings.

Moofin Bard
2009-11-30, 04:37 PM
[HALO Beach]
He kisses her softly. I'm sure we could. But let's worry about it some other time. He's not sure how he feels about wings.

SeptAngel
2009-11-30, 04:42 PM
[Halo Beach]
Rocket boots! Hehe.
Later. She agrees, kissing him back.

Moofin Bard
2009-11-30, 04:46 PM
[HALO Beach]
Sark looks at his watch. Now though...I think we should probably get back.

SeptAngel
2009-11-30, 04:50 PM
[Halo beach]
She nods and starts to get dressed. I'm sure they miss us.

Moofin Bard
2009-11-30, 04:52 PM
[HALO Beach]
Sark nods and packs up their stuff. He will then lead her to the pods and deadtime once they get home.

Reinholdt
2009-11-30, 05:47 PM
[Greensbrook]

A smaller contingent of cat soldiers, numbering only a little over a hundred, with two tanks and one mortar approach this so called peaceful farming village. As soon as they get into range, they'll stop to set up the mortar, not advancing further.

Lord Magtok
2009-11-30, 05:53 PM
[Into the Woods]

Happy is silent for some time, as the fog slowly lifts from her mind. "You really did it, didn't you?" she finally says, her voice sounding more lucid than before.

Magtok hasn't a clue what Happy means by that, but assumes it to be some sort of accusation. He's done quite a lot, after all. He's not going to ask her to explain herself, as he probably doesn't want to hear the-

-Fudge that, he changes his mind. What he wants and what he might need to hear are completely different, and he has to try to get used to that sort of thing.

Did what?

happyturtle
2009-11-30, 06:01 PM
[The Woods]

She smiles weakly. "Redeemed."

Neon Knight
2009-11-30, 06:10 PM
[Greensbrook]

A smaller contingent of cat soldiers, numbering only a little over a hundred, with two tanks and one mortar approach this so called peaceful farming village. As soon as they get into range, they'll stop to set up the mortar, not advancing further.

Panic in the village! Panic in th-

Wait a second, the place looks to be a ghost town. The fields are untended, most of the buildings look boarded up, and there isn't a soul in sight....

Reinholdt
2009-11-30, 06:13 PM
[Greensbrook]

Hmm... perhaps an advance warning was sent?

A small scouting party of ten head towards the apparent ghost town to see if there are people there to shoot or not.

Neon Knight
2009-11-30, 06:17 PM
[Greensbrook]

The town is quiet and dusty, a single street running through most of it with buildings on either side. Up ahead, a second road meets the main road and forms a little intersection. From a large building at the corner, possibly a town hall of some sort, a flash of light is seen briefly from in-between the boarded up cracks of a window, right before a sniper tries to put a round in the lead cat person.

Lord Magtok
2009-11-30, 06:23 PM
[The Woods]

Magtok grins.

Oh heck no, I just...I...

Wait...what? But she...and...wha-? It feels like forever before Magtok can manage to pass that concept through his head.

But what about those Anti-DC plans?
More or less cooked up to annoy him, with no intention of Darkcomet actually going through any sort of trauma.

The ISF ideas?
You weren't really going to implement those, were you?

I guess not...but what about the-
Hey, she said redeemed, not perfect. And that was an accident, which you're going to do something about later on. You feel bad about the bad you've done, want to not do bad in the future, and intend on putting yourself on the line to prevent others from doing bad.

It's a still just a start, but at least it's something. And fudge Gary and the SquishyMeatPuppetMag if they disagree.

...Well shoot, I guess that means you win.

Reinholdt
2009-11-30, 06:27 PM
[Greensbrook]

The lead catperson goes down and shouts immediately arise for the group to fall back and find cover. The other nine scatter out to hide behind stuff that's around. Mostly buildings I suspect.

Neon Knight
2009-11-30, 06:31 PM
[Greensbrook]

The lead catperson goes down and shouts immediately arise for the group to fall back and find cover. The other nine scatter out to hide behind stuff that's around. Mostly buildings I suspect.

Indeed, the buildings should provide some good cover. The sniper continues to take shots at any exposed catpeople, which may well might be none.

In one of the first building in the row, in the basement, a trapdoor leading to a tunnel system connecting many of the town's buildings opens up, and a group clamber out and up the stairs. They pour out of the building, hoping to flank the cat person scouting party.

Here, the cat people's enemy is revealed.

Nazis!

Yeah, remember when I tried to have Nazis attack Magtok to get the Spear of Destiny back, but it never really came to anything?

I've decided to cash in on that.

happyturtle
2009-11-30, 06:34 PM
[The Woods]

"I'll try not to let it go to my head." She looks around. "I was... I don't think I was thinking clearly before, was I?"

Reinholdt
2009-11-30, 06:37 PM
[Greensbrook]

Accursed Nazis! Is there no place you won't touch with your vile finger?

The call goes up and the catpeople scouting party open fire with their rifles on any nazi they can see, while staying out of sight of the sniper. Probably won't be nearly as many as those they could see while in sight of the sniper. Highly inaccurate though. One catwoman prefers to throw a flame grenade instead, though exposes herself and gets taken down by the sniper after it's thrown.

Neon Knight
2009-11-30, 06:40 PM
[Greensbrook]

The flame grenade explodes and sets a Nazi aflame. He screams and writhes, arms flailing, until one of the others Nazis has pity and puts him out of misery with a bullet.

The Nazis take cover behind the buildings and return fire. Their Mauser rifles are very accurate, but have a low rate of fire, being bolt action weapons. Still, one gets too close while attempting to creep up so he can throw a grenade and goes down to a pulse shot.

Lord Magtok
2009-11-30, 06:42 PM
The Woods

You weren't. Neither were a lot of us, really. Should we go back to GLoG, or...no, that'd be a bad idea now, no way of slipping in...And my Cave's probably on the target list.

Reinholdt
2009-11-30, 06:44 PM
[Greensbrook]

Another four fall and the retreat is called. Two of the fallen ones are merely badly injured and start drinking from their helmet straw. Miraculously, they start to heal quickly and rejoin the others, in fact going abnormally faster than them.

happyturtle
2009-11-30, 06:45 PM
[The Woods]

"Hell... I'm not even armed." Happy says. "I just wanted it to be... over."

Neon Knight
2009-11-30, 06:46 PM
[Greensbrook]

The nazis don't bother to give fire, but instead collect and strip their dead of any useful gear before disappearing back into the buildings. With no armor or artillery of their own, they have to depend upon fortifications and ambushes to carry the day for them.

Reinholdt
2009-11-30, 06:48 PM
[Greensbrook]

After retreating, they order the one mortar to open fire with the super-shrapnel burning ammo.

The second, is part of our dabbling with thermobaric weapons. It actually explodes in the air, roughly a meter above the ground, and sprays the surrounding area with droplets of fuel, as well as shrapnel. Then the secondary charge goes off, igniting the fuel, vaporizing everything within a few meters as well as creating a pressure wave guaranteed to rearrange the internal organs of your helpless victims into a pattern more to your liking.
And then the shrapnel explodes.

The intention now is to burn all the buildings and hiding places down before moving in.

Neon Knight
2009-11-30, 06:51 PM
[Greensbrook]

Oooo, thermobarics. Nasty.

The heavy rain falls upon the village, and the buildings begin to get leveled one by one. After the first one, most of the nazis head underground, but a few die inside the buildings as the mortar fire falls.

Reinholdt
2009-11-30, 06:53 PM
[Greensbrook]

The mortar continues. Until there are no buildings left standing anyways. If it reaches said point, it'll fire a few Bunker Buster shells in before stopping altogether for the troops and tanks to move forward.

Neon Knight
2009-11-30, 06:56 PM
[Greensbrook]

The town is leveled, the ruins a swirl of choking black smoke and searing flames. Many of the bunker busters plow only dirt, but a few of them pierce tunnels and underground rooms, killing Nazis and damaging their defenses.

The first catpeople into the village remains will find a few Nazis stumbling about, on fire or stunned by the blasts, unable to put up effective resistance.

Lord Magtok
2009-11-30, 07:00 PM
The Woods

Magtok shakes his head. Well this is a rather fine predicament they've gotten into, isn't it?

It will be. As I told Rein, it's going to get worse before it gets better. But it IS going to get better. Things are going to be resolved for once. Not book-resolved, or movie-with-no-sequels-planned resolved, but more Return of the Jedi resolved. But before that, we've got to get out of here and do something about everything. Preferably something away from where the armies will be marching. Also, there are Nazis fighting the catpeople in Greensbrook. Nazis on our side now, that's how high the stakes are. It'd be funny if we just had a sort of outsider's perspective on it all.

Reinholdt
2009-11-30, 07:00 PM
[Greensbrook]

A few catpeople use their inaccurate rifles, but most use the more accurate pistols to target the Nazis stumbling about. A few others start looking for tunnel entrances in building wreckage, though this quite impeded by burning wreckage. The mortar starts repacking to become mobile again.

Neon Knight
2009-11-30, 07:04 PM
[Greensbrook]

The stunned Nazis are cut down.

A small blast announces the destruction of one of the trapdoors by Nazis form the inside, seeking to blast rubble off of their trapdoor. They emerge, the lead Nazi an officer, one face and shoulder bloody, a MG42 held at the hip. He fires on full auto at the nearest group of cat people, horribly inaccurate, but just trying to get them suppressed so the rest of his men can get out to fight.

happyturtle
2009-11-30, 07:08 PM
[The Woods]

"I'm not sure what I can do, but whatever it is, I'll do it," Happy promises, mostly returned to sanity for now. She thinks. "We're closest to NO, but if we run into Shep - Reinholdt..." He'd kill her like he promised. Because she had taken petty revenge on the corpse of his son.

"The Taverna, maybe?"

Reinholdt
2009-11-30, 07:19 PM
[Greensbrook]

The catpeople are indeed suppressed, going for cover and finding little since they went and burned it all down.

However, one of the Tick Tanks moves forward at the officer to fire at him and then run him over for good measure.

Lord Magtok
2009-11-30, 07:21 PM
The Woods

Magtok nods.

The Taverna.

Off they go!

Neon Knight
2009-11-30, 07:24 PM
[Greensbrook]

The SS officer dies for the Reich and goes to be with his fuhrer. Presumably in hell.

Unfortunately, the decision to run him over might not be as sound, as among the next few troopers to scramble out of the hole is a panzerfaust bearing sergeant, who tries to blast the tank at short range.

Of course, if that doesn't work, every last one of those nazis is dead.

Reinholdt
2009-11-30, 07:36 PM
[Greensbrook]

The tank is rendered inoperable, though salvageable. Still, this gives the catpeople the opportunity to advance and open fire, shooting with pistols and throwing flaming grenades, trying to land one in the hole the Nazis are coming out of.

The other tank stays back for now.

Neon Knight
2009-11-30, 07:40 PM
[Greensbrook]

Three nazis - a Mauser rifleman, an MP40 toting sub-lieutenant, and the panzerfaust sergeant make it out before a flame grenade lands in the hole. Screaming is heard from it.

The panzerfaust sergeant draws a Luger and starts trying to cap catpeople while the Mauser soldier gets off a shot before falling to a pistol bullet to the heart. The MP40 soldier applies his submachine gun aggressively and liberally.

Reinholdt
2009-11-30, 07:54 PM
[Greensbrook]

The luger does a good job of making sure they stay down though the sub-machine gun seems sub-par at taking them out for good.

The still rather large group of them take fire with pistols and the tank opens up as well.

Neon Knight
2009-11-30, 07:56 PM
[Greensbrook]

The MP40 soldier tries to draw and throw a "potato masher" hand grenade right before the tank takes his head off.

The sergeant takes some of the blast and falls down. He manages to partly pull himself up and keeps firing until the Luger clicks empty.

The village is probably now 1/3 to 1/2 clear.

Reinholdt
2009-11-30, 08:17 PM
[Greensbrook]

This tank is slightly more prepared and quickly maneuvers out of the way as its designed to do, though suffers some minor damage.

The catpeople decide to swarm the Nazi when the Luger reaches empty preferring to try to pull him apart by the limbs instead of shoot him. Viscous.

There are about 70 catpeople left.

Neon Knight
2009-11-30, 08:20 PM
[Greensbrook]

The sergeant draws a knife tries to stab as many catpeople as he can before getting torn apart.

Reinholdt
2009-11-30, 08:24 PM
[Greensbrook]

Bad catpeople. Shoulda just shot him. You lost two more with your recklessness!

They regroup to heal their wounds, which doesn't take all that long before continuing to scour the village, two of them breaking off to set up sniper points in case more Nazis pop up.

Neon Knight
2009-11-30, 08:26 PM
[Greensbrook]

Oh! As one of the catperson snipers gets into place, a shot rings out, striking some wood near him. Sniper duel!

___

The other catperson sniper sees a pair of nazis trying to dig another nazi out of the rubble. Looks like they're trying to get a machine gun back into action.

Reinholdt
2009-11-30, 08:59 PM
[Greensbrook]

The sniper 2 lines up for a torso shot on the most able-bodied one before trying to hit his partner.

Sniper 1 takes cover and peers around with his rifle to try and spot the other one. Sniper 1 has the disadvantages of a tail to give away his spot. Put that thing away!

Neon Knight
2009-11-30, 09:02 PM
[Greensbrook]

The nazi goes down with a cry. His partner goes prone behind a piece of cover, hopefully preserving him from a sniper round.

____

Another round sings out, maybe cutting that tail off.

The muzzle flash came from a burning pile of rubble close by. Seems like the sniper is counting on the fire and smoke to conceal him. But he can't keep that position for long.

Gnrlshrimp
2009-11-30, 09:05 PM
[Greensbrook]

Eventually Professor Affidavit concluded that the easiest way to successfully capture a few cat people would be to launch a raid on the smallest skirmish.

Which is why five winged creations are rapidly flying towards the Nazi vs Cat People fight, searching for any isolated cat persons that would be easy targets...

Recaiden
2009-11-30, 09:30 PM
Brendan, hearing this, slows a little more, himself.

A small part of his brain wonders why he thought throwing himself to the wolves was a good idea. :smalltongue:

But, nonetheless, he endeavours to keep up.

[Somewhere with .01% too much romance]

And there off ahead are 6 wolves. The fiery one with Brendan slows down, walking slowly and cautiously. The pack turns toward them and walks towards them. Odd.

Reinholdt
2009-11-30, 10:33 PM
[Greensbrook]

The one who dived for cover is saved. Sniper 2 keeps his sights on that spot, waiting for the Nazi to make a mistake.

The sniper's tail! :smalleek:

He crouches and keeps moving just to force the opposing one to re-aim.

The flying creations will probably be able to pick off either of the snipers or one or two of the ones digging through the rubble if they're fast enough. They haven't been spotted yet since the catpeople have their eyes on the ground where the Nazis are.

About half of the other catpeople move towards where they here the sniper firing coming from, though a few get confused and head towards their own. The other half continue searching for tunnel entrances.

Gnrlshrimp
2009-11-30, 10:38 PM
Nets away!

One winged creation dives for each sniper, both swooping as low as they can, dropping their nets only when the snipers actually spot them.

The other three all go for targets digging in the rubble, dropping their nets at the last possible moment as well.

All the nets have a light coating of liquid agony on them. Liquid agony is the Prof's greatest achievement (possibly), sending false signals through the nerves of any victim, it creates the illusion of pain, usually paralysing any victim that is hit by it over a large enough area since, well, generally it's hard to move when your whole body feels like it's on fire, and in acid.

Reinholdt
2009-11-30, 11:02 PM
[Greensbrook]

Four catpeople are caught. Seems the sniper in the sniper battle was moving just right to dodge the net, unexpectedly as he was trying to confuse the other sniper.

Of course this means all their friends on the ground now take note of the flying creatures and start shooting at them with 9mm pistols. Taking some care to try to not hit the captured ones.

The Bushranger
2009-11-30, 11:38 PM
[Somewhere with .01% too much romance]

And there off ahead are 6 wolves. The fiery one with Brendan slows down, walking slowly and cautiously. The pack turns toward them and walks towards them. Odd.

[Somewhere where the catperson population is 0]

Brendan swallows hard.
"I hope you were right, Ash..."
But he follows, quietly, making a point of trying to look 'respectful but with no fear'.

Recaiden
2009-11-30, 11:42 PM
[Somewhere where they can't help anyone at GLoG]

Of course she was right. As long as he doesn't do anything to upset them.
She walks up to the other wolves, holding herself low. The one in front stares at her for a moment, glances to Brendan, and then they all relax and start going in a 3rd direction.

The Bushranger
2009-11-30, 11:50 PM
[Clearing of the Wolves?]

Brendan lets out a soft sigh of relief, glad that dogs have always seemed to like him. :smalltongue:
And follows, keeping an eye on their surroundings as they go.
And wishing he'd thought to leave a trail of breadcrumbs.

Recaiden
2009-11-30, 11:52 PM
[Not a clearing anymore]

The surroundings . . . are a forest, at night. Deciduous trees, a few evergreen trees, lots of fallen leaves.
The wolves keep on, possibly leaving Brendan behind.

The Bushranger
2009-12-01, 12:05 AM
[Forest of the Wolves, then! :smalltongue:]

Brendan will try and run to keep up. Might be rather difficult, though. :smalltongue:

Either way, though, he'll try to follow the wolves' path as best he can!

While looking out for owls, spoooooooky or otherwise.

Recaiden
2009-12-01, 12:08 AM
[Forest!]

He can just manage it. Since Ashna is hanging back to make sure they don't leave him behind.

There is a spooky owl, but it flutters away as they pass. The woods seem fairly empty.

The Bushranger
2009-12-01, 12:19 AM
[Planet of the Trees!]

And for that, Brendan is truly grateful.

He manes a mental note to himself to get in better shape. :smalltongue:

The spoooooooky owl gets vaguely noticed, but it's the woodcock that launches itself out of the woods nearby that nearly gives him a heart attack. He manages to collect himself, though, and carries on!

Recaiden
2009-12-01, 12:22 AM
[And all the other plants]

So after a while, the wolves slow down, and come to a stop near a little hill.

Poor Brendan, being so afraid.

((1 more post, but I hadn't even planned anything to happen unless Brendan made some mistake.))

The Bushranger
2009-12-01, 12:27 AM
[All the planets always look like Canada...]

Not so much afraid now as wary. And cautious.
He's a bit more confident now, though.
But he does need to sit down and catch his breath. :smalltongue:

((Good thing he was smart. :smallwink:
And I have to head off, so, good timing. 'Night!))

Recaiden
2009-12-01, 12:28 AM
[Planet of the Maples?]

One of the wolves comes over to look at Brendan. It seems unafraid. The rest, including Ashna, lay down a little bit apart.

((Goodnight.))

The Bushranger
2009-12-01, 12:31 AM
[It would be a very sweet planet]

Brendan smiles just a little - being careful not to show any teeth! - and eyes the wolf carefully. "Hello."

((*poof*))

Gnrlshrimp
2009-12-01, 02:40 AM
[Greensbrook]

Four catpeople are caught. Seems the sniper in the sniper battle was moving just right to dodge the net, unexpectedly as he was trying to confuse the other sniper.

Of course this means all their friends on the ground now take note of the flying creatures and start shooting at them with 9mm pistols. Taking some care to try to not hit the captured ones.

There's an advantage in throwing the nets while diving. Namely, that the creations are pretty damn close to their targets, meaning they don't have to travel far to grab the cat people and start flying away rapidly.

The one creation without a target to grab throws a couple of explosive glass sphere in the general direction of the cat people.

Unfortunately for the cat people, the winged creations are tough, and even though they take a few hits, it does nothing to slow them down...

Reinholdt
2009-12-01, 11:12 AM
[Greensbrook]

A few unfortunate catpeople get caught in the explosion, and most of the rest stop firing to dive for cover when they hear explosions being tosses about. Which means the winged creatures likely get away now.

Gnrlshrimp
2009-12-01, 11:40 AM
[Greensbrook]

Like a pack of predators after a successful hunt, the winged creations fly away, their prey trapped safely in those nets of theirs.

Time to run a few tests on the poor cat people, I think...

[Elsewhere, Near the KNAVES Castle]

Before long, the semi-ruined KNAVES castle comes into sight and the winged creations climb higher, preparing to land in the courtyard.

Their speed, however, has been slowed by the extra weight, so any pursuers are likely able to keep sight of them.

Reinholdt
2009-12-01, 11:44 AM
[Greensbrook]

There is no pursuit. They still have Nazis to deal with and they've lost enough forces to those winged things.

Gnrlshrimp
2009-12-01, 11:48 AM
Hooray for the winged things...and hooray for ambushes!

Once again cowardice and paranoia prove more successful than brute force and bravery.

Anyway, satisfied that they're not being pursued, the creations dive towards the castle. Carrying other things takes a lot out of them. The sooner they get rid of these cat people, the better.

Morty
2009-12-01, 04:09 PM
[Near NO HQ]

A group of people led by Dipsnig leave the tunnels.

Osnagard
2009-12-01, 04:11 PM
[Near NO HQ]

Repost: (will respond here to comments to this post)

Os manages to break deatime and follow into the tunnels. He'll do what he can to help with the war effort. And what he can to kill the catgirls... I mean people.

Will imposing real world physics help? There's only one way to find out.

I guess this means it's time eh? Anyone need a weapon? Sheilding?

He's still holding that bone spear from earlier, but now he also summons a ward of swirling bone fragments as well. They circle around him endlessly, the idea is to take physical impacts and that sharp fragments will cut those that get too close.

Lex-Kat
2009-12-01, 04:11 PM
And that's where the onion army came from, Greensbrook. :smalltongue:

Anyway, Bianca and Dr. Beit follow Dipsnig out of the tunnels, hopefully behind the cat-army.

Dr. Beit will try to teleport Shepholdt to the Glass Citadel as soon as he can.

Reinholdt
2009-12-01, 04:18 PM
[Near NO HQ]

Oh. Here I thought it came from Whitemount.

Doctor Beit and Shepholdt return to the Glass Citadel. Run away!

Morty
2009-12-01, 04:20 PM
[Near NO HQ]

Save your magic for emergency, Os. What we need to do is eliminate their leadership.

Lex-Kat
2009-12-01, 04:21 PM
((Oops, that's where they are from. Greenbrook is where Rocky's from. :smallsmile:))

Osnagard
2009-12-01, 04:30 PM
[Near NO HQ]

This little trick doesn't take much, and besides the bells amplify anyway.

Ah yes, his bells. When broken down Os is a moderate wizard at best without those. But as he says, the bells have the ability to amplify that power and make him what he is today. If he's running low he'll just swich to using those for minor spells as well as for the major ones.

Bad news about that is they make sound... not so good on a "secret-ops" mission such as this. Usually though you're not so secret anymore when it comes to sucking the souls out of everything within hearing range.

Morty
2009-12-01, 04:33 PM
And could you do anything to make a stealth mission easier? I figure that if we start eliminating their officers, they might scatter.
From his experience, goblin armies tend to start to rout when officers are killed.