PDA

View Full Version : From Flash to Theaters.

KerfuffleMach2
2009-11-12, 10:28 PM
So, there's this animated series on Newgrounds called "Xombie". Awesome series. It's about an intelligent zombie named Dirge.

After the last animation, the guy got a deal with Devil's Due to make a comic, based off the same story.

And now, Dreamworks is talking about making a live-action movie of it.

Awesomeness. (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1508703/)

Zeta Kai
2009-11-12, 10:32 PM
Wow, that's pretty cool. I haven't seen the newer episodes, but I remember when Xombie first came out, years ago. I hope that is gets made, & that it does well. Flash animators deserve props for making great things with such a difficult program.

KerfuffleMach2
2009-11-12, 10:35 PM
@^: There's a total of ten episodes on Newgrounds. Rest after that is in the comics.

Makensha
2009-11-14, 09:17 AM
Oh, that was one of my favorite series when I actually watched flash animation regularly. I hope it goes through.

Altair_the_Vexed
2009-11-14, 03:11 PM
Splendid!
I hope it doesn't get canned - or buried under the massive deluge of other zombie movies that seem to be gushing out of the cinemas...

KerfuffleMach2
2009-11-15, 10:55 PM
Splendid!
I hope it doesn't get canned - or buried under the massive deluge of other zombie movies that seem to be gushing out of the cinemas...

Same here.

One thing that should help it a lot is the fact that the main character is a zombie. What else has that? Nothing that I know of.

And he wields a shovel. Awesome.