PDA

View Full Version : Tiamat is Bahamut's wife?

Mystic Muse
2009-11-12, 10:32 PM
Or at least she was intended to be. WHERE in the nine hells did I get this from? Is there a book somewhere I read this or did I get this from those Eldritch abominations people call dreams?laughs at the people's minds breaking.

ocdscale
2009-11-12, 10:33 PM
It would explain their antagonism.

Mystic Muse
2009-11-12, 10:35 PM
well in4th edition at least Tiamat and Bahamut are two halves of Io. I wanted to say "two halves of the same whole" but what that implies is a bit squicky.

Dimers
2009-11-12, 10:37 PM
Man, what a messy divorce ... she got almost all the heads. :smallwink:

Kylarra
2009-11-12, 10:38 PM
Man, what a messy divorce ... she got almost all the heads. :smallwink:Not the important one, assuming metallics are his children.

Edea
2009-11-12, 10:39 PM
This might be relevant. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apsu)

Coidzor
2009-11-12, 10:40 PM
<_< >_>

I don't know.

I got a similar impression.

There's actually a place called the straits of Tiamat from where she whomped on Bahamut when the marriage was attempted to be consummated in one of my setting ideas. Something about their mixed blood and the earth being rent asunder and kobolds popping out of the mixed earth and sea and blood and divine spark and so on and so forth.

Sort of a Lilith-like figure, I suppose...

So, you're not alone in pondering this, yeah.

Lvl45DM!
2009-11-12, 10:50 PM
Nah brother and sister

Mystic Muse
2009-11-12, 10:51 PM
from what I've been told it's crazy but I SWEAR I read this somewhere. It's possible it was in a dream. However that disproves the myth that you can't read in dreams. heck I disproved that one last night when I was talking to the dream version of one of my friends on AIM

Starscream
2009-11-12, 10:55 PM
I heard that she was intended to be his wife, but he rejected her because of her general evilosity. So while she hates him, she also kind of wants him. And they are siblings as well, for added squick.

Or not. I may be misremembering some stuff, or combining multiple editions or something.

Mystic Muse
2009-11-12, 10:57 PM
well they aren't related in my campaign so the "Brother/sister squick" is gone. And honestly there are worse things in several mythologies than a brother and a sister getting together. Heck compared to SOME things being with your brother/sister looks bleeping sane.

EDIT: Assurbanipal is a Daedric shrine in Morrowind. O_o

Kylarra
2009-11-12, 10:59 PM
I heard that she was intended to be his wife, but he rejected her because of her general evilosity. So while she hates him, she also kind of wants him. And they are siblings as well, for added squick.

Or not. I may be misremembering some stuff, or combining multiple editions or something.Eh, sibling-spouses are about par for the course with mythology.

Dusk Eclipse
2009-11-12, 10:59 PM
IIRC Io the primal deity anc creator of the dragons created/bore both Tiamat and Bahamut with the itention that they would eventually marry/mate(?) I think this is in either the Draconomicon (3.5) or Races of the Dragon

Mystic Muse
2009-11-12, 11:00 PM
that's probably where it was. Thanks.:smallbiggrin:

Mando Knight
2009-11-12, 11:03 PM
from what I've been told it's crazy but I SWEAR I read this somewhere.

Perhaps here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=131361)? Around post #47...

Hal
2009-11-12, 11:08 PM
well they aren't related in my campaign so the "Brother/sister squick" is gone. And honestly there are worse things in several mythologies than a brother and a sister getting together. Heck compared to SOME things being with your brother/sister looks bleeping sane.

I wonder where minotaurs originated in your typical D&D settings.

deuxhero
2009-11-12, 11:10 PM
Nah brother and sister

As Greek mythology shows us, not exactly mutually exclusive.

chiasaur11
2009-11-12, 11:11 PM
This'll just proliferate over the whole internet, won't it?

We'll have so much to answer for.

nightwyrm
2009-11-12, 11:24 PM
As Greek mythology shows us, not exactly mutually exclusive.

When you're a god and all the other gods are your siblings, who else are you gonna marry?

deuxhero
2009-11-12, 11:26 PM
When you're a god and all the other gods are your siblings, who else are you gonna marry?

I don't think that Zeus was quite willing on the marriage (not to say that he didn't deserve her, because he completely did for his regular "antics").

Crafty Cultist
2009-11-12, 11:41 PM
In races of the dragon it says that Io created Tiamat and bahamut as opposites so their children would embody all aspects of dragon kind; essentially the perfect dragon. however, they hated each other from the get-go so the perfect dragons were never created

Kylarra
2009-11-12, 11:42 PM

We'll have so much to answer for.Could be worse.

OracleofWuffing
2009-11-13, 12:03 AM
Arguably, Semele. Who herself was the daughter of a goddess and a mortal.

Falconer
2009-11-13, 12:09 AM

Well, there were plenty of Titanesses still around after the Titanomachy. A good chunk of the Titans actually didn't like Cronus, and sided with Zeus, as I understand it.

A mythology nut? Yes, yes I am.

Lycanthromancer
2009-11-13, 12:12 AM
Well, there were plenty of Titanesses still around after the Titanomachy. A good chunk of the Titans actually didn't like Cronus, and sided with Zeus, as I understand it.

A mythology nut? Yes, yes I am.Didn't stop Zeus from eternally punishing half of them, though.

He was a real bastard.

nightwyrm
2009-11-13, 12:32 AM

A mythology nut? Yes, yes I am.

Aren't all of them related anyways? The titans being Zeus' uncles and aunts. Well, he did have a kid (Athena) with one of them.

In any case, I think all the gods except for Aphrodite were related to each other in some way, so yeah...

FoE
2009-11-13, 12:33 AM
I hold the 4E origin story to be canon, as it is super-cool.

Grommen
2009-11-13, 12:58 AM
I wonder where minotaurs originated in your typical D&D settings.

Minotaurs hell! How about Centars. Beer had to be involved a some point somewhere.

The dragon Lore might come from Dragonlance under the guise of Takahisis and Palidine? Not exactly sure but they share a very similar mythology.

chiasaur11
2009-11-13, 01:04 AM
Didn't stop Zeus from eternally punishing half of them, though.

He was a real bastard.

Like everyone else in Greek myth.

Katana_Geldar
2009-11-13, 01:07 AM
Arguably, Semele. Who herself was the daughter of a goddess and a mortal.

Didn't stop her from bursting into flames though, the kid survived in his Dad's thigh. Go figure.

And Zeus ate his first wife, Metis, I think she was a titan.

Tyndmyr
2009-11-13, 01:08 AM
Eh, sibling-spouses are about par for the course with mythology.

A thousand years from now, archeologists will likely hold up Crack Pairings as an example of our mythology.

*shudders*

Draz74
2009-11-13, 02:12 AM
However that disproves the myth that you can't read in dreams.

I've disproved that dozens of times. However, I can see where it comes from -- it's hard (and frustrating) to try to read while I'm dreaming, and sometimes trying it for an extended period leads to my waking up.

Pronounceable
2009-11-13, 08:05 AM
Ontopic: No. They could never agree on the best man.

Aren't all of them related anyways? The titans being Zeus' uncles and aunts.
Yep.

Well, he did have a kid (Athena) with one of them.

He ate the mother, Metis. Then Athena was born from his forehead.

Mordokai
2009-11-13, 08:12 AM
He ate the mother, Metis. Then Athena was born from his forehead.

That must gave him one killer of a headache...

Androgeus
2009-11-13, 08:17 AM
Minotaurs hell! How about Centars. Beer had to be involved a some point somewhere.

I think it may have been wine

dsmiles
2009-11-13, 08:20 AM
well in4th edition at least Tiamat and Bahamut are two halves of Io. I wanted to say "two halves of the same whole" but what that implies is a bit squicky.

Maybe I'm showing my age here, but looking back to 2e, Io was the father (and mother? not sure of the semantics here) of all of the draconic deities. Tiamat was a representation of the evil side and Bahamut was the representation of the good side. In 3.5, in the Draconomicon just about all of the other children of Io are described in the Draconic Deities section. But Tiamat is the mother of all evil dragonkind, and Bahamut is the father of all good dragonkind. I have never seen it described as Tiamat and Bahamut being mates, but it's a great RP concept. Something I may want to use later.

Kris Strife
2009-11-13, 08:34 AM

Actually, yes. He was having severe headaches, so he had Hephestus, God of the Forge I believe, bust his head open with a hammer. Athena emerged fully grown and wearing armor.

Optimystik
2009-11-13, 08:52 AM

This. Deities don't have the same standard of "squick" as mortals do, and they probably don't have genetic disorders to pass on to their offspring either.

Oslecamo
2009-11-13, 08:53 AM
This. Deities don't have the same standard of "squick" as mortals do, and they probably don't have genetic disorders to pass on to their offspring either.

However, greek gods would go down on earth and screw mortals in a very regular basis, spawning all sort of demigods and heros.

Optimystik
2009-11-13, 09:49 AM
However, greek gods would go down on earth and screw mortals in a very regular basis, spawning all sort of demigods and heros.

Yes, I know this. But Kyuubi was talking about the brother-sister squick between the two deities, not any divine/mortal pairings.

nightwyrm
2009-11-13, 09:56 AM

Well, you can look at it as Greek propaganda. If the ruler of a particular city state wanted to give himself cred and say he was descended from the gods, then he's got to pick a god to include in his ancestry at some point. When the ruler of every city state is claiming they're descended from gods, you get Zeus the megastud.

Or the gods were really bored and have nothing to do but screw mortals.

bosssmiley
2009-11-13, 10:01 AM

Read "The Marriage of Cadmus and Harmony". The Greek myth of Ananke conceiving the universe upon himself is like something from the depths of the filth-o-web. :smalleek:

I always thought Bahamut and Tiamat were intended to represent Elemental Air and the Devouring Waters of the Ocean, but then I got to know them through the 1E MM and L&L. Read a little on climatology and you'll see what a fraught, but interconnected relationship the atmosphere and the oceans actually have...

A clever, opinionated daughter being her father's headache. Say what you like about their mythos, but the Greeks knew human nature. :smallbiggrin:

nightwyrm
2009-11-13, 10:06 AM
A clever, opinionated daughter being her father's headache. Say what you like about their mythos, but the Greeks knew human nature. :smallbiggrin:

Ooohh...never looked at it from this angle, good catch.

Hurlbut
2009-11-13, 10:52 AM
Ooohh...never looked at it from this angle, good catch.They were advanced in math and astronomy for the time and even invented the first steam turbine engine (as a wheeled model/toy, horribly inefficient though).

Alavar
2009-11-13, 03:55 PM
I think I read somewhere, maybe one of the splatbooks, that the progenitor of Tiamat and Bahamut was fighting some evil (an elder evil? I don't know) and was split in half by his axe. The two were formed from each half, whooped on the evil hoobie, and then promptly began fighting each other.

On the other topic:smalltongue: Aphrodite was SO related to the others. She was formed from the foam of the sea, which is the leftovers of Cronus' genitalia that Zeus was so kind as to cut off and throw into the sea.

Mystic Muse
2009-11-13, 04:10 PM
that would be 4th edition PHB

Gamerlord
2009-11-13, 04:43 PM

We'll have so much to answer for.

"We of the internet find Face of evil, Mando Knight, chiasaur11, and Vic sage guilty of starting a incredibly disturbing meme"

At least I had nothing to do with it.

tbarrie
2009-11-13, 05:02 PM
Actually, yes. He was having severe headaches, so he had Hephestus, God of the Forge I believe, bust his head open with a hammer.

Showing that the Gods had rather odd ideas for home remedies, too.

Mystic Muse
2009-11-13, 05:18 PM
"We of the internet find Face of evil, Mando Knight, chiasaur11, and Vic sage guilty of starting a incredibly disturbing meme"

the sentence? you must find us. A SHRUBBERY! one that smells nice. And not too expensive.:smallbiggrin:

oh yes. and burning in the fires of hell for all eternity.

Vic_Sage
2009-11-13, 06:36 PM

At least I had nothing to do with it.

The hell I do this time?

Gamerlord
2009-11-13, 06:40 PM
The hell I do this time?

You started it all!

Mystic Muse
2009-11-13, 08:15 PM
actually I was going to ask this question either way.

I've created a monster haven't I?

Mando Knight
2009-11-13, 08:24 PM
actually I was going to ask this question either way.

I've created a monster haven't I?

Actually, no. It's been a crack pairing that's been chilling in the back of my head for a while now. That, and Vic Sage (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7299280&postcount=39) brought it up.

Gamerlord
2009-11-13, 08:26 PM
Good, a witness!

Then again you are also a suspect...

It would be fun if we could have a internet mock trial of this.

nightwyrm
2009-11-13, 08:28 PM
Somehow, I was thinking that this whole Bahamut, Tiamat thing would make a good sitcom.

Mystic Muse
2009-11-13, 08:31 PM
"Next week we have Bahamut and Tiamat getting fixed up by Asmodeus and Herionious. Come and see us next time on OMGWTFBBQ!"

I chose two random guys. So sue me

Gamerlord
2009-11-13, 08:32 PM
Somehow, I was thinking that this whole Bahamut, Tiamat thing would make a good sitcom.

It would! Their neighborhood would consist of every god in 3.5 and 4e existence, quite the neighborhood when vecna and pelor keep on running into each other while watering their gardens.

nightwyrm
2009-11-13, 08:37 PM
Bahamut would be the uptight but fumbling good-natured lead.
Tiamat is the devious tsundere wife with multiple personalities.
Asmodeus is the smooth talking neighbour looking to get it on with Tiamat.
Avandra is the hippy friend.
Kord would be Bahamut's idiot friend.

Crafty Cultist
2009-11-13, 08:37 PM
It would! Their neighborhood would consist of every god in 3.5 and 4e existence, quite the neighborhood when vecna and pelor keep on running into each other while watering their gardens.

I would watch this every night without fail:smallsmile:

Mando Knight
2009-11-13, 08:57 PM
Bahamut would be the uptight but fumbling good-natured lead.

Why would Bahamut be a fumbling lead? I think he'd be a bit more like "Roy, shoved into a sitcom." Sure, a little harder to write the comedy for, but you'd just use him as the "straight man" to the funny guy... like perhaps Kord.

Pelor and Corellon would be Bahamut's other drinking buddies, but Corellon pretends he's absolutely better than everyone else. Preferably, it'd appear as if he's putting on airs, but not completely impotent. Pelor would wear sunglasses (preferably aviators) everywhere, and be known as "Mr. Sunshine."

Gamerlord
2009-11-13, 08:59 PM
Then one day Demogorgon comes back from vacation and hilarity ensues!

Mystic Muse
2009-11-13, 09:03 PM
anybody else think we should ACTUALLY make this? Seriously, I'd watch this every xday I could.

I vote OMGWTFBBQ for the title.:smallbiggrin:

nightwyrm
2009-11-13, 09:04 PM
Why would Bahamut be a fumbling lead? I think he'd be a bit more like "Roy, shoved into a sitcom." Sure, a little harder to write the comedy for, but you'd just use him as the "straight man" to the funny guy... like perhaps Kord.

Pelor and Corellon would be Bahamut's other drinking buddies, but Corellon pretends he's absolutely better than everyone else. Preferably, it'd appear as if he's putting on airs, but not completely impotent. Pelor would wear sunglasses (preferably aviators) everywhere, and be known as "Mr. Sunshine."

I was thinking of his old man "Fizban" avatar, but the straight man would work too.

Gamerlord
2009-11-13, 09:06 PM
anybody else think we should ACTUALLY make this? Seriously, I'd watch this every xday I could.

You have any OOTS-style webcomic skills?

Or skill in animation in general?

Mystic Muse
2009-11-13, 09:10 PM
I've made a few avatars for a webcomic I plan on doing. >_>

Vic_Sage
2009-11-13, 09:11 PM

.......I've actually been working on this and incorporating it into a setting. Including statting personifications of Tiamats five heads.

Gamerlord
2009-11-13, 09:12 PM
I've made a few avatars for a webcomic I plan on doing. >_>

Have that webcomic be the aforementioned sitcom!

Mystic Muse
2009-11-13, 09:13 PM
I've been working on a setting where Bahamut and TIamat get together.

I've felt dirty every day since then.:smalltongue:

Mystic Muse
2009-11-13, 09:14 PM
Have that webcomic be the aforementioned sitcom!

the webcomic is based on the campaign I'm currently doing. I also don't know how well I could draw Bahamut/Tiamat.

HOWEVER if I get better and you guys actually feel like doing this it could be a joint effort. You guys think up the plot and I'll be the art monkey.

Gamerlord
2009-11-13, 09:18 PM
I could be able to provide ideas every now and then but my schedule is so horrifically random I am not very dependable.

Mystic Muse
2009-11-13, 09:24 PM
My mind can't concentrate very well for extended periods of time. I mean lately ..............Squirrel!:smalltongue:

I'm Kyuubi and he's Gamerkid and together we're the undependables.:smallbiggrin:

Gamerlord
2009-11-14, 12:54 PM
I hold the 4E origin story to be canon, as it is super-cool.

I though it was sorta dumb.

waterpenguin43
2009-11-14, 12:54 PM
Them being married:
Bahamut: Honey, we NEED to renevate.
Tiamat: NO!!!!
Bahamut: Who wants to live with all those lemures outside anyway?
Tiamat: I do, there my minions, Io damn it!!! They get me TREASURE!!!

Gamerlord
2009-11-14, 12:56 PM
Actually, Tiamat might actually be WILLING to marry Bahumut when you think of it, most knights-and castles age weddings had one side of the family gift the bride IIRC.

And Tiamat likes treasure.

desmond1323
2009-11-14, 05:49 PM
In races of the dragon it says that Io created Tiamat and bahamut as opposites so their children would embody all aspects of dragon kind; essentially the perfect dragon. however, they hated each other from the get-go so the perfect dragons were never created

This thread has drifted hilariously away, and it was already answered as evidenced by the above quote....I just wanted to second that, as I read RotD only a few days ago, and wondered quite heavily after reading that just what sort of dragons Bahamut and Tiamat would spawn.

Kris Strife
2009-11-14, 05:53 PM
This thread has drifted hilariously away, and it was already answered as evidenced by the above quote....I just wanted to second that, as I read RotD only a few days ago, and wondered quite heavily after reading that just what sort of dragons Bahamut and Tiamat would spawn.

Awesome ones of course.

Alternatively, they might look like Io, being the combination of all things draconic.

Coidzor
2009-11-14, 06:57 PM
<_< Perhaps they'd have something to do with the origins of the epic flavor dragons?

Kris Strife
2009-11-14, 07:31 PM
I've got an idea for how this actually happens. A bard ascends to divinity and part of his portfolio is 'poorly planned drunken hook ups'. He puts on a party, invites his fellow gods, and between himself, Aastilabor and Omiladara with maybe a little bit of suggestion from Io, decide to get Bahamut and Tiamat absolutely wasted.

The next 'day', Tiamat wakes up with the worse hangover ever, (five heads, one stomach) she decides to take it out on some lemures and steps outside to find herself in Celestia. Each of her heads must have a different personality of course and not always get along. White should be the 'dumb blonde' of the group, red would either be a lush, easily embarassed or have anger management issues, black is the 'downer', etc.

Cue hilarity as we get a combination of Hollywood ''romantic' 'comedy'', dysfunctional family sitcom and a Japanese harem anime.

Boccob's the nerdy neighbor, Ehlonna is a hippie and Obad-Hai is the militant enviromental activist. Pelor has a California surfer boy personailty, Moradin's the drunken old codger from down the lane, etc.

Gamerlord
2009-11-14, 07:40 PM
What about the evil gods like Vecna and Grummush?

Kuma
2009-11-14, 07:52 PM
I think this backstory is from the draconomicon

Mando Knight
2009-11-14, 07:53 PM
And poor Bahamut keeps getting confused as to why Tiamat's always sending him conflicting messages, but secretly has a crush on her. Moradin'll grunt about him not being able to get Ti-chan in line like in the good old days.

Then because they both adamantly refuse to join the other's side, whenever Bahamut tries to stop Tiamat's plots, Pelor accuses him of flirting (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRSiWiXGv7w) while Bahamut vehemently denies (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/SheIsNotMyGirlfriend) anything (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/DatingCatwoman).

Mystic Muse
2009-11-14, 08:31 PM
that video was great.:smallbiggrin:

Okay now I need to look at my schedule. School, D&D preperation, Pathfinder learning, License book reading and food.

School = 5 hours.
D&D =2
Pathfinder=1
License book 15 minutes
eating. 1 hour.

so Assuming I get up at ten each day and don't do anything besides that I have roughly five hours to work on the comic excluding Wednesdays and Saturdays which will take up significantly more time. Of course I'm going to be looking at Giantitp with a vast majority of that time so I have maybe one hour to spend on the comic.

Gamerlord
2009-11-14, 08:33 PM
Don't forget: Kurtulmak the kobold god keeps on harassing Bahumut and Tiamat, especially Tiamat...

I though up some roles for some other gods:

Garl glittergold: Pulls a variety of pranks on the other gods and wakes everyone up in the morning when he hurls expletives at Kurtulmak.
Nerull: The very rotten fat dude who Tiamat is repulsed by the smell of, he has a pet zombie dire elk.
Vecna: Always seems to try to tell Bahumut something dirty about Tiamat, but always fails when he gets blasted by five heads of doom.

Crafty Cultist
2009-11-14, 09:00 PM
This thread is heading into pure madness. I approve:smallbiggrin:

Heronious and hextor could be the local police officers, and would be naturals at the good cop bad cop routine(though their constant bickering would reduce their effectiveness)

Mystic Muse
2009-11-14, 09:11 PM
madness. THIS IS PLAYGROUND!:smallbiggrin:

Gamerlord
2009-11-14, 09:13 PM
The one place where a discussion on the power of the prince of demons turns into a discussion on evil dragon goddess on good dragon god action!

EDIT: Vecna help me....I just got the most horrific mental image ever, Bahumut in a fancy wedding suit and Tiamat in a Bridal gown...

Mystic Muse
2009-11-14, 09:31 PM
shhhhhhhh! don't give away the Climax Gamerkid!:smalltongue:

We are going to bring about the destruction of the internet with this comic. Except for the playground. We've become immune to stuff like this.

Gamerlord
2009-11-14, 09:33 PM
Yep, with the crack pairings thread series we have become immune to memes, disturbing images, etc.

Mystic Muse
2009-11-14, 09:38 PM
we're the ultimate breed of Forumites! the only survivors will be Yahoo, AIM, Various playgrounder blogs, google, Giantitp and unfortunately euuuuchhhh 4chan.:smallyuk:

we'll find a way to take care of them later though.:smallamused:

the playground! the only place on the internet where an RPG question becomes a discussion about a sitcom webcomic involving the D&D gods.

Gamerlord
2009-11-14, 09:44 PM
I have some ideas for the personalities for Tiamat's heads...

White- dumb, brutish, always hungry and a bit pervy.
Red- Vain, with anger management problems.
Green: Always lies, always, paranoid werido who blasts anyone who surprises her with a helping of acid.
Black:Paranoid lunatic who always complains how bright it is.
Blue: Rather strangely finds Bahumut cute, tries to seduce him in every manner, greedy, as vain as red.

Mystic Muse
2009-11-14, 09:48 PM
okay. Since this is an entirely different topic I'm going to make a new thread in the arts and crafts section kay?

we just need a name for the comic first. I myself am a fan of OMGWTFBBQ and D&D FUBAR

Gamerlord
2009-11-14, 09:49 PM
"omgwtfbbq" ?

Edit: accursed edit ninjas.

Mystic Muse
2009-11-14, 09:49 PM
what? I like it! it's fun to say! plus it's unlikely any other webcomic has that name.

Gamerlord
2009-11-14, 09:50 PM
I like it too! I was suggesting it before you edit-ninjaed me!

Mystic Muse
2009-11-14, 09:54 PM
okay! we have a topic name!

now I need to get off for a few hours. Family movie time.

I thought you were asking why we would name it that lol.

Gamerlord
2009-11-14, 09:55 PM
Kay, Good luck!

Mystic Muse
2009-11-15, 12:20 AM
before we post in the webcomics section I feel we should get at least one strip done.

what gods should the first strip involve?

Coidzor
2009-11-15, 12:31 AM
^: Pelor and Bahamut playing golf?

I'm partial to the idea of "Avenue D"

"Deities and Domesticity(or rather, something that begins with D and fits better with the idea)"

Gods 'n' Gardens

I have some ideas for the personalities for Tiamat's heads...

White- dumb, brutish, always hungry and a bit pervy.
Red- Vain, with anger management problems.
Green: Always lies, always, paranoid werido who blasts anyone who surprises her with a helping of acid.
Black:Paranoid lunatic who always complains how bright it is.
Blue: Rather strangely finds Bahumut cute, tries to seduce him in every manner, greedy, as vain as red.
Hmm... now that you mention it, I'm getting some ideas of my own...

White - Dumb Blonde who thinks she's more important in the scheme of things than she is, and has dumbluck and the ability that people who try to insult or put her down just give up because she just doesn't get it.

Red - Vain Tsundere who alternates between destroy everything and well, eros.

Green - Jealous, picked upon little sister. Harbors the deepest and most pathetic part of the crush, but would rather die than have anyone find out or tell.

Black - Conniving, Puck-ishly pranking and messing with others, and with a cruel but sharp sense of humor both emotional and slapstick.

Blue - Definitely has the fashion sense. I'm thinking cool, confident career woman who has it all together and knows what she wants but doesn't really have much use for romance.

Mystic Muse
2009-11-15, 12:59 AM
K thanks. Now I need an idea for Bahamut and Pelor.:smalltongue:

Pelor I think should be sort of like the old man with a beard. bahamut is middle aged with Platinum hair. (hence the "platinum dragon")

sound good? oh and what site is suggested for hosting photos? I'd rather it didn't cost money since I don't have much of that.

Kris Strife
2009-11-15, 01:07 AM
Vecna's the creepy old peeping Tom thats constantly spying on everyone and scaring the neighborhood children.

Grummsh is the crazy old guy who sits on his porch with a shot gun, mumbingly about 'Crazy elves in the goverment trying to take his money'. Also kids on his lawn.

And Pelor still needs to be an overly tanned surfer dude.

Mystic Muse
2009-11-15, 01:14 AM
oh yeah. Forgot about that part of Pelor.

Now I just need to get some expertise drawing a golf course on inkscape and I'll be good.

Mando Knight
2009-11-15, 01:20 AM
And Pelor still needs to be an overly tanned surfer dude.

Who's a pretty cool guy... until you get him mad. Then he's BURNING WITH HATRED!

Kris Strife
2009-11-15, 01:23 AM
Who's a pretty cool guy... until you get him mad. Then he's BURNING WITH HATRED!

So... Surfer dude who's in (unsucessful) therapy for pyromania?

Mando Knight
2009-11-15, 01:24 AM
So... Surfer dude who's in (unsucessful) therapy for pyromania?

Well, it doesn't show until you hit one of his berserk buttons, like the zombie apocalypse or being forced to work on the night shift.

chiasaur11
2009-11-15, 01:25 AM
Kurtulmak is fanatically obsessed with revenge on Garl Glittergold and goes to extreme efforts to crush his foe.

Garl assumes its all part of being neighborly.

Also, Kurtulmak is still a Kobold. No-one finds this odd.

Mystic Muse
2009-11-15, 01:28 AM
so, so far we have

Bahamut. Middle aged husband of Tiamat. enjoys hanging out with Pelor but thinks the kid is a bit crazy.
Tiamat. late twenties. jobaholic Lawyer.
Pelor. late teens- early twenties sun obssessed Kid who likes fire and surfing. friends with Bahamut.
Vecna. The neighborhood creep. Doesn't like Pelor and the feeling is mutual. Actually nobody really likes him. He's too inquisitive for his own good.
Gruumsh. Old racist man telling kids to get off his lawn. Doesn't like Correlon or Lolth.
Correlon larethian. ?
Lolth?
Heironious. Good cop.
Hextor. Bad cop.
Asmodeus.?
Io. Bartender
Yolandda? typical housewife.

any others I should put in? NO GNOMES. I'm sorry. I just hate gnomes.

nightwyrm
2009-11-15, 01:37 AM
so, so far we have

Bahamut. Middle aged ex of Tiamat. Hates her now.
Tiamat. late twenties ex of Bahamut. hates him now.
Pelor. late teens- early twenties sun obssessed Kid who likes fire and surfing. friends with Bahamut.
Vecna. The neighborhood creep. Doesn't like Pelor and the feeling is mutual. Actually nobody really likes him. He's too inquisitive for his own good.
Gruumsh. Old racist man telling kids to get off his lawn. Doesn't like Correlon or Lolth.
Correlon larethian. ?
Lolth?
Heironious. Good cop.
Hextor. Bad cop.
Asmodeus.?

any others I should put in? NO GNOMES. I'm sorry. I just hate gnomes.

You gonna start them off divorced? But having them married and living in the same house would be so much more fun. Maybe we can add a marriage counselor, which god would be a good choice for that?

Rockphed
2009-11-15, 01:50 AM
I'm, personally, thinking that running with the "wake up after a night of drunken abandon" idea would work best, but then what do I know.

chiasaur11
2009-11-15, 01:53 AM
I say Rockphred's idea...

with a Vegas marriage.

Perfect bad sitcom setup.

Coidzor
2009-11-15, 02:01 AM
ooo, I like this Vegas marriage idea. :smallbiggrin:

This could also be set in the long, long ago times. when the hatreds of the gods were still new rather than rote, even.

Or not.

But the vegas marraige is one I support.

Mystic Muse
2009-11-15, 02:01 AM
I'm new so Pelor and Bahamut golfing is a lot easier than drawing Bahamut and Tiamat waking up after a drunken night together. I'll make both just to see which I like better.

now what would Tiamat look like in Human form? and would she have multiple personality disorder?

also I never said they were married. I meant them to be ex boyfriend/girlfriend.

nightwyrm
2009-11-15, 02:05 AM
I say Rockphred's idea...

with a Vegas marriage.

Perfect bad sitcom setup.

And one they can't convienently get out off, maybe due to some magical legal reason. So they're going to have to try and make it work. And other gods laugh at Bahamut about it.

Coidzor
2009-11-15, 02:05 AM
I always pictured Tiamat as a lawyer-type, myself. Career woman, y'know.

nightwyrm
2009-11-15, 02:07 AM
I always pictured Tiamat as a lawyer-type, myself. Career woman, y'know.

Corporate law. Specializing in mergers and acquisitions.

Kris Strife
2009-11-15, 02:10 AM
currently married (or better yet betrothed in an arranged marriage) works better.

Io's the bartender who listens to everyone's problems and doesn't seem to do much else, though he supposedly helped to build the neighborhood.

Heronious is the friendly police officer who knows everyone by name.

Corellion's the old, almost rasict person (combine the dad from That's 70s Show with Archie Bunker) who everyone just sort of ignores anymore.

Yollanda's gotta be the friendly, short housewife who always has fresh baked cookies or such when ever anyone shows up.

Mystic Muse
2009-11-15, 02:34 AM
here's Pelor. That's a Mohawk http://s1002.photobucket.com/albums/af146/Theburningfields/?action=view&current=Pelorjpg.png
like I said I'm new at this. There's also the golfing green that's intended for the first panel on there.

Gamerlord
2009-11-15, 07:18 AM
Are you SURE we can't have Bahumut and Tiamat in dragon form?

And Pelor looks exactly like I imagined him.

Gamerlord
2009-11-15, 10:47 AM
They killed bahumut. (http://www.wizards.com/dnd/Article.aspx?x=dnd/duadp/2009November)

Mystic Muse
2009-11-15, 11:06 AM
we could it's just harder to draw dragons. I'll try though.

Mando Knight
2009-11-15, 12:38 PM
now what would Tiamat look like in Human form? and would she have multiple personality disorder?

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/4/4b/Tiamat.jpg
Or, at least, that's how she looks in Dragonlance...

Zincorium
2009-11-15, 01:29 PM
Yep, that's definitely art from previous editions. I kind of chuckled at the stoned look she has.

A human-looking woman with dragons appearing in though bubbles would be hilarious, with her statements a wierd mash-up of the various viewpoints. No one realizes just how evil she is, especially Bahamut, because the viewpoints keep sabotaging each other.

Then have the special 'the heads all decide to take turns to further the greater evil' episode where each head gets to dress as they like, confusing everyone, and the heads cooperate to ruin the plans of the other gods to throw a surprise party for Bahamut.

Who, at the end of the show, reveals he'd had a romantic vacation planned instead.

Crafty Cultist
2009-11-15, 01:36 PM

I think tiamat would have multiple personalities and if portrayed as human her hair should change color depending on which personality is dominant at the time. her style in clothing would probably vary too

them is my two cents:smallbiggrin:

Mystic Muse
2009-11-15, 02:03 PM
okay. lets focus on Bahamut for a minute.

A. what profession should he be?
B. what should he look like?

Sotharsyl
2009-11-15, 02:21 PM
A sugestion for a subplot Correlion tries to help out Bahamut with stories from his recently ended marriage with Lolth,who amy or may not still live nearby.

Gamerlord
2009-11-15, 02:22 PM
A: Philiosopher
B: if dragon, silver. If human, white beard, silver skin, and other silver and white-related stuff.

Zincorium
2009-11-15, 02:32 PM
okay. lets focus on Bahamut for a minute.

A. what profession should he be?

Elementary school teacher.

B. what should he look like?

Anderson Cooper.

Mando Knight
2009-11-15, 02:34 PM
Anderson Cooper.

I'm a bit fond of it being James Dean Anderson, myself.

Crafty Cultist
2009-11-15, 02:43 PM
Bahamut would probably have a community oriented profession.

I like the idea of correlion and his ex-wife lolth having a long standing feud

Mystic Muse
2009-11-15, 02:58 PM
okay. my first attempt at Bahamut is up on the album. http://s1002.photobucket.com/albums/af146/Theburningfields/

derfenrirwolv
2009-11-15, 03:01 PM
In sumerian legends Aspu= Bahamut, and Tiamat was his consort. Aspu wanted tiamats children to quiet down so their mother could sleep, so he killed some, she got ticked, a war started, Aspu won and nailed her to the heavens to make the sky.

Yeah.. the older the legends get the less sense the motives and characterization of the people involved makes.

Gamerlord
2009-11-15, 03:04 PM
Nice, I still wish Bahumut was a dragon, but one can't be picky.

Cybren
2009-11-15, 03:04 PM

Or not. I may be misremembering some stuff, or combining multiple editions or something.

How is it squick? Gods shack up with their siblings all the time. RE: Greek mythology

Mystic Muse
2009-11-15, 03:09 PM
Nice, I still wish Bahumut was a dragon, but one can't be picky.

he will be sometimes. However it's kind of hard to play golf with your surfer friend when you're a dragon.

The New Bruceski
2009-11-15, 03:26 PM
Neil Patrick Harris as Corellon, and Nathan Fillion as Pelor.

Gamerlord
2009-11-15, 03:27 PM
he will be sometimes. However it's kind of hard to play golf with your surfer friend when you're a dragon.

Good point.

Coidzor
2009-11-15, 03:34 PM
I'm still not sure where you're getting the mohawk from though.

Thought tan, featheredish surfer dude hair would be the more expected stuff.

Mystic Muse
2009-11-15, 03:37 PM
Mohawks are easier.:smallbiggrin:

Gamerlord
2009-11-15, 03:43 PM
So, when is the expected release date for the first issue?

Mystic Muse
2009-11-15, 04:12 PM
July 10th 2015 if we get lucky.

I'll try to get something done by the end of the week. I'm working on the first panel right now.

Gamerlord
2009-11-15, 04:52 PM
July 10th 2015 if we get lucky.

I'll try to get something done by the end of the week. I'm working on the first panel right now.

Okay, good luck!

Mystic Muse
2009-11-15, 05:02 PM
since it's taking a while what should the punchline of the first comic be? should it be this?

*Bahamut was complaining a bit about life with Tiamat to Pelor before this.*

Pelor: Wow tiamat is just horrible isn't she?

Bahamut: Pelor.

Pelor: I mean she won't even let you take a day off to play golf!

Bahamut: Pelor!

Pelor. Geez sorry to say it Bahamut but your wife sounds like a Bi-

Tiamat: ahem.

Pelor: she's right behind me isn't she.

Bahamut: yes she is.

Pelor: I'm going to die now aren't I?

Tiamat: yes you are.

or something else? after this we should probably communicate through IM or something for punchlines and plotlines. we don't want everybody to see what's going to happen before it does now do we?

Gamerlord
2009-11-15, 05:04 PM
since it's taking a while what should the punchline of the first comic be? should it be this?
[spoiler]
*Bahamut was complaining a bit about life with Tiamat to Pelor before this.*

Pelor: Wow tiamat is just horrible isn't she?

Bahamut: Pelor.

Pelor: I mean she won't even let you take a day off to play golf!

Bahamut: Pelor!

Pelor. Geez sorry to say it Bahamut but your wife sounds like a Bi-

Tiamat: ahem.

Pelor: she's right behind me isn't she.

Bahamut: yes she is.

Pelor: I'm going to die now aren't I?

Tiamat: yes you are.[/spoiler

or something else?
Hahahahhahaha! :smallbiggrin: Very funny!
Maybe they should also talk about how Kord is late.
Maybe Tiamat should have a different colored speech bubble which shows which head is in control?

V: Maybe we can communicate through PMs?

Mystic Muse
2009-11-15, 05:08 PM
sounds good. MY PM box has a bunch of space right now so PM away!

also you better merge one or two of your posts so you don't get an infraction.

Mystic Muse
2009-11-15, 07:51 PM
okay. hate to double post but the comic shall soon be up.

Gamerlord
2009-11-15, 07:53 PM
okay. hate to double post but the comic shall soon be up.

*V voice* exxxxxxxxxxxcelent *V voice offline*

sambo.
2009-11-15, 08:05 PM
iirc: back in 1ed, Bahamut and Tiamat would mate once every ~500-1,000 years.

Foeofthelance
2009-11-15, 09:01 PM
Or at least she was intended to be. WHERE in the nine hells did I get this from? Is there a book somewhere I read this or did I get this from those Eldritch abominations people call dreams?laughs at the people's minds breaking.

I think this might actually be the canon for Dragonlance, at least for Paladine and Takhisis. I also vaguely recall there being a third, spiritual Dragon God involved in there somewhere, which explained how they had both managed to create a clutch of eggs.

Mystic Muse
2009-11-16, 02:39 PM
okay. Comic link everybody! http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=131811 :smallsmile: