PDA

View Full Version : Need help! (BG1-2)

Harperfan7
2009-11-13, 09:38 AM
I can't figure out how to import a character from BG1 to 2.

"Move your character file from the BG1 characters directory to the characters directory in BG2. Or, you can move your BG1 saved game into the BG2 saves folder. Regardless of what method you use when you start up BG2 and choose the "Import option", your character will be available for import."

Ok.

What?

Where the hell is the character directory and how do I "move" the file?

Please help. I need it, I'm from Kentucky and I still have tons of computer trouble.

Reinboom
2009-11-13, 09:51 AM
There are two ways, depending on if you actually finish the first game or not.
When you complete the first game, look in the BG1 directory for your characters folder. In there, there should be a file called CHAR1.CHR
Copy that file to the characters subfolder in your BG2 directory. In character creation on beginning a new game, click import.
Alternatively, you can copy your save file from the save directory of the first game to the save directory of the 2nd game.
Then, start a new game, and import it from that.

Tam_OConnor
2009-11-13, 09:55 AM
Can't be sure (because I still have to re-install them), but the Character folders should be just that. You'll want to export your character ingame, giving it some distinctive name. Then, if I'm wrong about the whole 'Characters' folder thing, look for two files with whatever export name you gave: one ending in .CHR and the other in .BIO. Copy and paste into the corresponding folder in the BG2 installation.

Alternately, find a save with the character you want (file ending .SAV), and copy it into the BG2 Savegame folder.

Hope this helps! (And that I got all the names right).

EDIT: You know, if I had to be ninja'd, I'm all in favor of it from Michigan succubi.

Harperfan7
2009-11-13, 09:59 AM
Where is the BG1 directory?

Reinboom
2009-11-13, 10:03 AM
EDIT: You know, if I had to be ninja'd, I'm all in favor of it from Michigan succubi.
* blow a kiss *

Where is the BG1 directory?

You chose the directory on installation.
Assuming a default installation, iirc:
Open My Computer
Open C: drive
Open Program Files
If it comes up, click the option that allows the folders to be displayed here
Open Bioware (Or, this might be Black Isle)
Open Baldurs Gate

Harperfan7
2009-11-13, 10:15 AM
Success!

Thank you both very much!:smallsmile:

Tam_OConnor
2009-11-13, 07:11 PM
Excellent! Could you toss a scroll of restoration over here? I appear to have been level-drained...