PDA

View Full Version : [D20 Modern] Naruto d20

Arakune
2009-11-13, 11:17 AM
Any tips on the system? What do you think about it?

Can anyone help me with an Taijutsu Expert with a side dish of Hachimon Toukou, Chackra control and Genjutsu? :smallredface:

SpikeFightwicky
2009-11-13, 11:46 AM
Is this system new? Never heard about it (and I'm usually up on d20 Modern stuff). Also, is it available in web format in a legal way?

Arakune
2009-11-13, 11:56 AM
Is this system new? Never heard about it (and I'm usually up on d20 Modern stuff). Also, is it available in web format in a legal way?

Unfortunately it isn't. It's a fan made project and it looked popular in some circles, so I wanted to know if the playgrounders knew about it.

UglyPanda
2009-11-13, 02:20 PM
It is downloadable (http://www.narutod20.com/downloads-2/). The version you have to pay for is simply the editable version.

There are a few things I've noticed during the week or so I was trying to understand the thing, however. Take this with a grain of salt, as I can barely understand the system and someone who better understands it might not have these concerns.

-Most classes have MAD.
-It is hard to get enough skill points to do things as they added more skills but didn't add more skill points to the classes.
-Prestige classes often have sneak attack for no real reason, even if said class is lacking in skill points.
-There are techniques from Negima for no real reason.
-Prestige classes aren't modular enough. The medical ninja prestige class seems based off of Kabuto and his chakra scalpel when every other medical ninja has their own set of techniques.
-I don't understand how a character acquires Ninjutsu (Read: magic).
-The organization of the free version is bad. Not enough bookmarks, no table of contents, and the whole PDF is long.

SpikeFightwicky
2009-11-13, 02:40 PM
Thx for the link! I'll take a look and see what it's all about.

Arakune
2009-11-13, 03:21 PM
It is downloadable (http://www.narutod20.com/downloads-2/). The version you have to pay for is simply the editable version.

There are a few things I've noticed during the week or so I was trying to understand the thing, however. Take this with a grain of salt, as I can barely understand the system and someone who better understands it might not have these concerns.

-Most classes have MAD.
-It is hard to get enough skill points to do things as they added more skills but didn't add more skill points to the classes.
-Prestige classes often have sneak attack for no real reason, even if said class is lacking in skill points.
-There are techniques from Negima for no real reason.
-Prestige classes aren't modular enough. The medical ninja prestige class seems based off of Kabuto and his chakra scalpel when every other medical ninja has their own set of techniques.
-I don't understand how a character acquires Ninjutsu (Read: magic).
-The organization of the free version is bad. Not enough bookmarks, no table of contents, and the whole PDF is long.

The jutsus learning is a fu!@#$ nightmare! But aparently:

You need a minimum level of ECL+bonuses equal jutsu level rank.
You make a skill check every N (time scale);
If you pass N times you get one mastery grade (know,...,master);

Yeah...