PDA

View Full Version : (3-Ω M.E.R) Protection and Support Mission

Godna
2009-11-13, 11:53 AM
Upon following the Figure Garbed in Royal Vestiment into the portal You find your self in the Banquet Hall.(...wait a tic...Why are there two thrones in a banquet hall?) The "King" turns to face you and speaks "we have about six hours or so until the banquet begins so if you have any last minuet questions ask them now"

This is the room you are in just an FYI.

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e175/godna_1/Banquet.jpg

Dusk Eclipse
2009-11-13, 12:27 PM
OON: I suppose the entrance is at A5 and A6, and the place were the forged will be disguised as statues will be B4 and B7.

IN:
Dyson

"No sie, no further questions"

Assuming B7 is the place where I am to stand I place myself there.

One hour before the banquet start I cast the alarm centered in such a way that the limit of the spell is on the P collum.

[roll0] UMD check

Godna
2009-11-13, 12:32 PM
OON:
You would be correct and also the yellow spots on the wall are the Windows.

by the way the OON is just because since im the DM I can't be out of character.

Ilriyn
2009-11-14, 01:44 AM
"When and where do we get our disguises?" Laiyla asks. "Will there be any of the guests who should recognize me?"

Godna
2009-11-14, 01:54 AM
"You'll be introduced as emissaries from a foreign kingdom and your disguises will be taken care of by the royal staff" He claps his hands and suddenly servants enter and beckon for you to follow.

Ilriyn
2009-11-14, 01:55 AM
Laiyla nods in approval, and follows the servants out of the hall.

kemmotar
2009-11-14, 02:03 AM
As the servants approached Damian leaned over to the spider and asked:

What do the servants know? Should I ask them to direct me to your personal waiter's house or are they to be kept in the dark about today's mission?

Godna
2009-11-14, 09:10 PM
The king covertly conveys (via sign language) to just tell them that you need to see the waiter as they are 100% in the dark while speaking
"Mission? What ever are you speaking about? Perhaps your long journey has left you tired."

Vexxation
2009-11-14, 09:28 PM
Amant

"I take it I shall be guarding the doors, then? Right."
Aman nods and studies the room carefully.

kemmotar
2009-11-14, 09:30 PM
Indeed my apologies, i was referring to the diplomatic mission of my people. I did not anticipate the journey to be this tiring. With your permission, would it be acceptable if I talked with your servants as to the security of the banquet to put my mind at ease before I retire to rest before the banquet?

Godna
2009-11-16, 07:51 AM
That would be most acceptable and might I recommend that you go and see the waiter before the Party to see if he can see to your special dining concerns?

And Yes Model AD-1. You, Adine, and the other forged will be taking the job of watching the entrances.

I'd like it if you'd return a good 20 mins before the banquet for a few last minuet instructions."

The King answers in turn.

kemmotar
2009-11-16, 08:05 AM
With a practiced air Damian takes a low bow, one step back and then turns around. He walks up to one of the servants and asks

Excuse me, I have been instructed by his majesty to speak with the head waiter to make any arrangements necessary before the banquet. Would you be so kind as to tell me where I may find him at this time?

Godna
2009-11-16, 08:10 AM
An obvious and offensive french stereotype (I.E. sterotypical maid) answers you
"He would be in the Kitchen flirting with the cooking staff.

Oh how I wish someone would give him what he justly deserves for me."

Dusk Eclipse
2009-11-16, 08:43 AM
Dyson
Dyson aproaches Amant, he then whispers to him.

I can augment one of your weapons to magical propierties for a short time. Are interested in it?

kemmotar
2009-11-16, 01:38 PM
Thank you miss.

Damian says with a kindly smile on his face anyone who knows him would be surprised to see and heads off to the kitchen asking directions when needed.

As he enters the kitchen he looks around for someone flirting around.

Godna
2009-11-16, 01:55 PM
Damian

Strangely enough when you get into the kitchen the entire staff is just carrying on working as would be expected with such an event so close at hand...Perhaps the maid is just bitter about something? As you consider going back and asking someone else for a description of the waiter you spot an(a different one) offensive french stereotype carrying a platter as if he was practicing walking with it.

kemmotar
2009-11-16, 02:01 PM
Damian approaches the man slowly and as soon as he gets within earshot he asks in flat and strict voice:

You are his majesty's head waiter?

Godna
2009-11-16, 02:10 PM
Damian
He looks at you and says disgustedly "No I am his Royal Court Wizard"(jeeze what an ass...)

kemmotar
2009-11-16, 02:25 PM
I would advise you to talk with some respect to his majesty's guests. I wouldn't want to have to tell the king that you were uncooperative.

Damian pauses slightly, his face made of stone and his gaze hard.

So would you be so kind as to answer my previous question?

Godna
2009-11-16, 02:31 PM
The man takes a long sigh. "Yes I am the man you seek."

kemmotar
2009-11-16, 02:37 PM
He smiles at the simple and direct answer.

Very well, is there somewhere private where we might speak?

Godna
2009-11-16, 02:40 PM
You can almost see the thought "oh god I'm getting mugged" going through his head as he says "well...yesss, but I normally only take the ladies there"

He beckens for you to follow as he leads you to the pantry.

kemmotar
2009-11-16, 02:56 PM
As long as we can talk in private anywhere will do.

He said as he followed him silently. Once there he stands between the man and the door and says:

The king requires a service of me. I am to take your place in today's banquet and you are to call in sick. You need not need be concerned with for your job as these are the king's orders. You will return tomorrow as normal.

He places a hand in his pocket and removes a pouch. He counts 15 pieces of gold.

This of course is the easy way. These should be enough for you to keep your silence for now. I will give you double this after the banquet has ended if you have followed my instructions. You are to speak to no one, you are to remain in your house and I will find you there for the rest of the payment. Are we clear?

Godna
2009-11-16, 03:03 PM
The man stares wide eyes at the amount of gold. "Monsieur but you are aware that the amount you have handed me is equivilent to a months pay?

I can not abide by this with a clear mind without confirming with the liege myself If you will accompany me I will gladly accept your terms. But I must ask as it is quite obvious that you lack the royal bearing who are you?"

kemmotar
2009-11-16, 03:07 PM
OOC: does he mean that it's a lot or a little? How much money does a head waiter make anyway?

Godna
2009-11-16, 03:18 PM
OON:
Considering the kinds of goods and services that one can get for a couple gold pieces I'd say its pretty good amount.

The head waiter makes quite a bit less than a poor merchant would make I'd say 175gp a year at most.

kemmotar
2009-11-16, 03:38 PM
I am someone whom history will not remember. I am just a man doing his job.Make no mistake, for me it would have been much easier and less complicated to eliminate you. His majesty has instructed me not to inconvenience you, however, secrecy is more important. I understand honor and I respect it. I will tell his majesty of your words, though I cannot allow you to compromise his safety. I will repeat once more, this is the easy way and I am not allowed to compromise the secrecy of this.

His features harden as he contemplates the weak points of the human body looking him over and studying his body.

If my mission was to harm him you would be dead before you even woke, have called in sick and sent your friend to take your place.

Godna
2009-11-16, 03:48 PM
He sits(rather stands) in a cold sweat for a second before managing to speak again "I only meant to ... That is..." He pauses for a moment to regain his composure

"It is proper procedure to inform the king ourselves of any potential absence by the way you speak I'd think he wasn't in the Banquet Hall overseeing last minute details, but I've seen him myself. My comment regarding your identity was more out of professional pride than anything else. If you are to take my place, then it follows that you must serve as a proper waiter. You must not have much contact with waiter because you did not know that the rudeness that they present is part of the presentation of the meal. The proper snobbish atmosphere. If you are to take my place I'm going to have to tutor you. You've paid well enough for that, but either way it goes I have to inform the king of my expected absence.

kemmotar
2009-11-16, 03:58 PM
If you would be so kind as to offer your help I will accept it. You may call me by an appropriate name for a waiter which I shall take on for the night. After this we shall go to the king where you may inform him that you will be taking the night off. He will allow it. I shall come with you and you will present me as the person who will take over from you. In the mean time I will require proper attire.

He enumerated the instructions according to the plan he had set out without emotion or doubt. He is no longer asking for cooperation, he is dictating that things will happen as they need to happen. Once he's finished he hands the man the 15 coins. It is written in his face, this is business. Nothing more.

Godna
2009-11-16, 04:02 PM
All goes pretty much according to plan except one thing. balancing those platters is a Mother****ing hard thing to do. You eventually get it, but Gah how do they do that?

kemmotar
2009-11-16, 04:05 PM
OOC: I'd think that with 18 dexterity it shouldn't be that difficult:smalltongue:
How much time passes while I do all this?

Godna
2009-11-16, 04:12 PM
OON:
A couple hours and don't say its easy until you've tried it. Trust me it takes practice even for the very well coordinated

You have roughly 1 hour remaining before you the start

kemmotar
2009-11-16, 04:18 PM
OOC: I've tried it but I'm not very coordinated. In any case, I'll wait for now for the rest of the party to catch up since I'm a few hours ahead. Oh and I forgot to post this before:

sense motive to see whether he is actually loyal to the king or just pretending: [roll0]

Godna
2009-11-16, 04:22 PM
You get the idea that he is loyal to his job and all that that entails. You also get the idea that he doesn't wish the king any harm, but wishes the queen would stay away from him while he's flirting with the various maids of the castle. ...Actually that last bit he pretty much told you.(you get the idea that the queen is not a good looking women)

Vexxation
2009-11-16, 06:43 PM
Dyson
Dyson aproaches Amant, he then whispers to him.

I can augment one of your weapons to magical propierties for a short time. Are interested in it?

Amant

Amant looks at Dyson, considering thoughtfully.

- We can use every edge we can get -

You're right.

He speaks after a short pause during which he collects his thoughts.

"I think that that could prove useful. Whatever help you can give, I would be willing to receive."

Dusk Eclipse
2009-11-16, 08:56 PM
Dyson

Just lend me your sword for a minute and I infuse the weapon. Got any preference?

OOC: Dyson is gonna use the Personal Augmentation Infusion on Amant's weapon, The infusion last 10 mins per level so it will be 50 mins.

Vexxation you can choose from any magic enchancement that is equivalent to a+1.

oh an the infusion takes one minute to infuse"

Godna I will substract 20 gp from my money (components for the infusion)

Is this ok?

Godna
2009-11-16, 09:05 PM
OON:Sounds good to me.

Godna
2009-11-20, 12:32 PM
Anymore actions anyone?

Dusk Eclipse
2009-11-20, 12:41 PM
OOC: Waiting for vexation to choose he enchancement

kemmotar
2009-11-20, 03:36 PM
OOC: was just waiting for my turn to come since I'm tied up for a few hours doing waiter training.

Ilriyn
2009-11-20, 07:14 PM
OOC: Just waiting till the banquet starts, and to see if there's any problems with my disguise.

Godna
2009-11-23, 12:46 PM
OON:Alright than well after Amant makes his move I shall make any alternations i need to

TIME PASSES.

An hour or so before the banquet you are all either in costume or made any preparations needed.

You've become quite aware of how difficult it is to wear armor below fancy clothes, and the "king" has requested that you be allowed to speak privately with him.

When you are all finally alone he speaks in his actual voice.
"One last little detail. The king as some of you know is a powerful Psion. Unfortunately...I am not. In order to keep up appearances. I will need to make a show of invoking various psionic powers in order to aide the defense of this banquet."

He pauses and faces away from you all his hands behind his back.

"As some of you may know psychic abilities don't tend to have the Somatic components that arcane abilities tend to, So it would look suspicious if i were seen chucking these at the enemy."

He turns to face you and without his hands leaving your sight suddenly has 5 small balls in hand.

"These emulate various magical and psionic spells. They are mostly illusion though, but the ones with the stripe down the middle are the real deal. I'd like it if occasionally you guys would throw a couple of these as needed. As you have already seen I am a master of sleight of hand, but It still slows down the rate in which i can use them, and sometimes i won't have the opportunity to so distract the enemy. In other words can I get a volunteer?"

kemmotar
2009-11-23, 01:14 PM
Damian stepped forth and in a business like manner said to spider:

I would like to volunteer. I will be observing the enemy and no one would suspect a waiter. I can also hide them more easily and no one need see me throwing them. It would fit well with my plan to remain in disguise for as long as possible to take stock of the situation and wait for the opportune moment. Unless of course you disagree with that.

Dusk Eclipse
2009-11-23, 02:16 PM
Dyson
OOC:Do we have psionic/magic transparency? so could I use UMD to activate Psinic items?
Also I checked and due my ACF I have an increased CL when I imbue weapons, armors or Constructs, so my Weapon augmentation last for 60 mins.
Maybe I can also help, in my disguise as a statue I can "hide in plain sight" such spheres, we could pretend the spheres are part of me as a statue.

Godna
2009-11-23, 02:46 PM
Good Idea, your disguise as a statue will aid you. Damian it might also work if you can find somewhere out of sight to thrown.

He hands you both a small sack.

"The purple ones emit a bolt lightning seemingly eminating from me. The red ones a fireball. The greens a horrible smelling cloud. The yellows are make a resilient sphere

OON: We don't have the transparency, but due to your training at M.E.R. You can at a -5 to the first time you perform the check.
In this case though the balls are triggered to go off on impact / when receiving a mental command after being thrown.

kemmotar
2009-12-02, 11:31 PM
OOC: I'm still here and interested to continue, me and Dyson have our roles assigned so was waiting for the rest to decide what they wanted to do so we could arrange some kind of plan...is anyone else interested in continuing?

Godna
2009-12-03, 12:02 AM
I am still interested in DMing. I just await your guys respounces.

kemmotar
2009-12-03, 12:04 AM
OOC: since my role has been assigned I'm also just waiting for the others' responses.

Godna
2009-12-03, 12:07 AM
I just assumed that because of thanksgiving it was going to be a little slow.

Ilriyn
2009-12-03, 12:19 AM
OOC: I'm ready to continue. Unless there's any more info I need to know.

Godna
2009-12-03, 01:24 PM
OON
I will be updating this later tonight assuming all "parties" are still interested

Yes i know, That was a horrible pun,but i don't apologize.

Godna
2009-12-03, 07:12 PM
"well assuming nothing else needs taking care of I guess we can get things underway" spider says breaking back into character.

Time Passes, and knight falls so the pass is no good!

The Musicians begin arriving and most of the staff that was tending to the hall has left.

Suddenly, The sound of trumpets fill the air.(you feel vaguely like making an elephant pun ,but that would be in bad taste.)

"Now Introducing The most honorable Twin Dukes of the Royal Clock Tower. The voice seems to come from no where heralding the arrival of the twin dukes.
(Make a Spellcraft check)

The voice continues to list of the names of various nobles and dignitaries before returning to the silence that it broke.(well technically the trumpets broke)

A couple more people begins to arrive, but they aren't heralded in. It begins to get slightly crowded when suddenly you hear a ruckess from the hallway leading to the banquet hall.

Dusk Eclipse
2009-12-03, 07:20 PM
Spellcraft check

[roll0]

Godna
2009-12-03, 07:23 PM
OON:
no need to spoiler, but i forgot you might also want to make a spot check too

kemmotar
2009-12-03, 07:24 PM
Damian with a tray of drinks in one hand ladden with drinks has begun serving the guests. When he hears the ruckus he makes his way towards the sound leaving his tray on a table as he passes by. His pace is brisk, just enough to get him there quickly enough but not fast enough to draw attention.

Dusk Eclipse
2009-12-03, 07:24 PM
Ok spot check
[roll0]

no ranks in spot

kemmotar
2009-12-03, 07:25 PM
spot: [roll0]

Godna
2009-12-03, 07:41 PM
Damian:
You notice that the Bard playing that played the trumpet was also casting a spell.

Dyson
You get the idea that the voice was a magical effect, but you can be entirely sure what it was as you didn't see it being cast.

edit: Scratch that He would be right next to either you or Amant so you wouldn't need to make you spot check.

You discover that the Voice was from a Magic Mouth spell cast by the rather flamboyant Musician standing there making horrible racket with a trumpet.

Godna
2009-12-04, 08:46 PM
I hope this isn't dead.

Ilriyn
2009-12-04, 09:01 PM
I'm still interested, just a little busy with finals coming up.

Lets see if I remember how to do the dice.

Spellcraft: [roll0]
Spot: [roll1]
Familiar's Spot [roll2]

Dusk Eclipse
OOC: No it is not dead.
I useitalics for thoughs.In case I haven't said it or I forgot I did

Dyson continues to behave as a statue looking for anything unusual that might happen
Dyson
"Bard, noisy but not an immediate threat

1d20 spot check

kemmotar
OOC: Well I'm waiting for the others to show up, maybe if you send them a PM?
Perhaps they haven't subscribed to this thread and don't know it's been revived...or is in the process anyway...

Godna
2009-12-04, 09:12 PM
From earlier.

The voice continues to list of the names of various nobles and dignitaries before returning to the silence that it broke.(well technically the trumpets broke)

A couple more people begins to arrive, but they aren't heralded in. It begins to get slightly crowded when suddenly you hear a ruckess from the hallway leading to the banquet hall.

OON: I'll PM them now.

Godna
2009-12-09, 08:17 PM
Why does this always die after I post?

kemmotar
2009-12-09, 08:25 PM
OOC: well I guess everyone is assuming they're going about their assigned jobs while nothing happens and waiting for something to happen. Since the noise was attributed to a noisy bard...From what I saw he cast a spell but nothing happened so I assumed it was a bard spell related to his music or something of that kind...I guess something must happen to move things on. Also, all PbPs are probably slowing down as everyone is dealing with some kind of exam either now or coming up. Did you get responses from your PMs? Perhaps a time goes by DM post, stuff happens, you serve, you're bored out of your skull when suddenly X happens....?

Godna
2009-12-09, 08:33 PM
OON:
I'll do that and I got one PM back and it was aranii.

What time do the boards start to pick back up?

kemmotar
2009-12-09, 08:41 PM
OOC: well it depends on the people you have on the group. Unversity exams are after christmas but involve a lot of preparation, school exams depend on the country, some do not have internet access over the christmas holidays etc. Also, since it's been a while since this was really active, some might have given up or not noticed that the game is back up. I noticed because I've subscribed to the thread...some don't like to do so or don't know you can...Personally i find it useful...

Godna
2009-12-09, 08:45 PM
OOC:
I started to do so after someone had accused me of doing so after i made a joke about ready actions to posts anytime any thread im in updates.

Godna
2009-12-10, 08:30 AM
After a brief commotion, you hear the sounds in the hallway grow back to relative quiet. A couple more of the guests enter and than suddenly you see one of the guards come out of the hallway and drag one back out right as he enters. The man isn't dressed to elaborately, but not anything thugish. He appears to an aged man.

Amant
You see the Man is carrying something,but he's concealing it from view

Damian

Laiya

Keothi
You see the Man is carrying a bouquet of flowers. You rolled a natural 20 on a spot check. I also need a new copy of your sheet as your myth weavers doesn't work so i only have the information from super table.

Dyson
You don't spot anything to significant about the old man. That is if Keothi is still here if not since you have the same number of ranks in spot as he does and he got rolled before you, you would have had his roll had i not rolled for him and so you see what he saw if he isn't here.

OOC: I did roll for these over in this thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7472766&postcount=2).

Godna
2009-12-14, 09:15 AM
posting to pop this up to the top of anyone who has subscribed.

Dusk Eclipse
2009-12-19, 12:24 AM
OOC: Still here, but not sure what to do, since I am supposed to look like a statue