PDA

View Full Version : Questions about Genesis

unre9istered
2009-11-13, 01:13 PM
I'm envisioning a floating "tower" in a plane with subjective gravity outside the created hollow stone cylinder and inside the cylinder gravity varies from high gravity at the "bottom" and zero gravity at the "top" with normal gravity at the middle. The whole thing would be at the maximum increased time allowed by the DM with the inside of the cylinder also being timeless for food storage. Also the whole thing would have a minor positive energy trait.

1: Are there any specific problems with this idea?

2: How tall can I make the cylinder?

3: Is there a better way to keep unauthorized beings out of my plane than researching a modified Forbiddance (modified so that I can plane shift in and out) to place over the whole thing?

sofawall
2009-11-13, 01:24 PM
I'm envisioning a floating "tower" in a plane with subjective gravity outside the created hollow stone cylinder and inside the cylinder gravity varies from high gravity at the "bottom" and zero gravity at the "top" with normal gravity at the middle. The whole thing would be at the maximum increased time allowed by the DM with the inside of the cylinder also being timeless for food storage. Also the whole thing would have a minor positive energy trait.

1: Are there any specific problems with this idea?

2: How tall can I make the cylinder?

3: Is there a better way to keep unauthorized beings out of my plane than researching a modified Forbiddance (modified so that I can plane shift in and out) to place over the whole thing?

2: To the limit given by the spell. Radius extends in all directions, not just one plane.

jiriku
2009-11-13, 02:14 PM
Recollect that genesis doesn't create structures, so you'll need to build the tower. Shouldn't be too difficult, but you do need to plan for it. Time traits are generally consistent for the entire plane, but planar cosmology is one of those things that's heavily at the DM's discretion, so it's entirely possible he'll let you have different time traits in different parts of the plane.

KillianHawkeye
2009-11-13, 06:13 PM
Genesis allowed is not! Is planet forbidden! :smalltongue::smallwink: