PDA

View Full Version : 3.5 Shaper (non-psionic)

Elves-as-People
2009-11-13, 04:18 PM
In retrospect, my previous "Enchanter" class idea was rather scatter brained. I'm attempting to create another arcane spontaneous class somewhere along the level of power of the beguiler or warmage, as part of an effort to phase out Wizard as a class (clerics have been fixed in my games by a simple ruling of enforcing the religious coherence of their spell selection ("god of knowledge" is not an excuse to know every spell!!!)

So, I present, the Shaper so far, and welcome ideas for improvement or hindrance of the class as appropriate. (They're intended as buffer/de-buffers)

Shapers are arcane casters who seek control over the reality around them, be it the minds and bodies and others, or the very fabric of magic. (more flavor to follow)

D6
Spells per day and casting as beguiler, with altered list as follows:

0 - Daze, Detect Magic, Light, Mage Hand, Mending, Prestidigitation, Read Magic

1 - Charm Person, Endure Elements, Enlarge Person, Expeditious Retreat, Featherfall, Grease, Hypnotism, Identify, Magic Weapon, Protection from C/E/G/L, Ray of Enfeeblement, Reduce Person, Unseen Servant

2 - Bear's Endurance, Blindness/Deafness, Bull's Strength, Cat's Grace, Continual Flame, Darkness, Darkvision, Daze Monster, False Life, Glitterdust, Hideous Laughter, Protection from Arrows, Resist Energy, Spiderclimb, Web

3 - Blink, Daylight, Dispel Magic, Flame Arrow, Gaseous Form, Greater Magic Weapon, Haste, Heroism, Hold Person, Keen Edge, Magic Circle, Protection from Energy, Rage, Slow, Suggestion, Waterbreathing

4 - Bestow Curse, Charm Monster, Confusion, Crushing Despair, Dimensional Anchor, Fear, Lesser Globe of Invulnerability, Lesser Geas, Remove Curse, Stoneskin

5 - Break Enchantment, Dominate Person, Fabricate, Hold Monster, Mind Fog, Overland Flight, Passwall, Permanency, Transmute Mud to Rock, Transmute Rock to Mud, Waves of Fatigue

6 - Antimagic Field, Geas/Quest, Globe of Invulnerability, Greater Dispel Magic, Greater Heroism, Mass Cat's Grace, Mass Bear's Endurance, Mass Bull's Strength, Mass Suggestion, Move Earth, Stone to Flesh

7 - Banishment, Control Weather, Insanity, Limited Wish, Magnificent Mansion, Mass Hold Person, Phase Door, Waves of Exhaustion

8 - Antipathy, Demand, Irresistible Dance, Mass Charm Monster, Polymorph any Object, Protection from Spells, Sympathy

9 - Astral Projection, Disjunction, Dominate Monster, Freedom, Imprisonment, Mass Hold Monster, Timestop

Please make suggestions for appropriate class abilities, how the spell list should be altered to be more balanced. I'm trying to follow the Tier system found here: http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=1002.0
I'd like the class to fall somewhere in Tier 3 or 4 for balance purposes.

PEACH