PDA

View Full Version : Warlock Prince [3.5]

Volos
2009-11-13, 08:38 PM
I have just made a NPC for my campain, a 4th level character with one level of aristocrat and three levels of Warlock. My problem is that his bluff, diplomancy, and intimidate all have a total bonus of +17.

Cha 18 + Max Ranks + Begileing Influence (Least Invocation) = +17?

His Charisma increased to 18 when he hit 4th level, as was expected, and he also took max ranks (+7) in these three skills since they are important to a prince. But with Begileing Influence, he gets an additional +6 to those skills... is this right?

Crafty Cultist
2009-11-13, 08:39 PM
Don't forget synergy bonuses

sofawall
2009-11-13, 08:40 PM
I have just made a NPC for my campain, a 4th level character with one level of aristocrat and three levels of Warlock. My problem is that his bluff, diplomancy, and intimidate all have a total bonus of +17.

Cha 18 + Max Ranks + Begileing Influence (Least Invocation) = +17?

His Charisma increased to 18 when he hit 4th level, as was expected, and he also took max ranks (+7) in these three skills since they are important to a prince. But with Begileing Influence, he gets an additional +6 to those skills... is this right?

Take Skill Focus is each of those (flaws or human), maybe persuasive, and it will be even higher!

But yeah, it's right.

Volos
2009-11-13, 10:35 PM
Take Skill Focus is each of those (flaws or human), maybe persuasive, and it will be even higher!

But yeah, it's right.

Goddamn... Oh well, the poor PCs are going to be as confused as hell. I guess it isn't a problem, being that the prince is the main badguy. Or atleast he will be in the next adventure, right now he's their best friend. -evil DM laughter-

Thanks.

AslanCross
2009-11-13, 10:41 PM
I thought social skills aren't supposed to be used on PCs? (Diplomacy and Intimidate, at least. Bluff can work fine since there's a defense against it in the form of Sense Motive.)

Volos
2009-11-14, 12:39 PM
I run a game heavy with politics. Even if the NPC doesn't use diplomancy and intimidate on the PCs, he will use it on the folks he wants to influence toward him. The PCs have to beat his diplomancy if they want to convince the other NPCs to do what they want them to do.
EX: Kiddles the Barbarian wants to get the street gang to help them take on the corrupted city guards. He rolls a total of 23, a high roll for him, to convince them of this. The Warlock Prince, in disguise, tells the street gangs that not only are the PCs going to turn them in to the guard, but that they (the street gang) are better off helping him take on the 'evil' commoners. He rolls a 30 for bluff and a 33 for diplomancy, mid to high rolls for him.