PDA

View Full Version : Marcus the Rocket Man (3.5)

TempesT
2009-11-13, 10:04 PM
Hello, all

Currently my group is playing an ebberon campign, at the moment I happen to be a Warforged Artificer. I thought about how the elemental binding on airships worked, and thought"hey why not outfit my character with a rocket pack!". Pretty much replacing my legs with some sort of propulsion ring that would give me the of shot of being a rocket, giving me a fly speed(less manuverablility, more speed) and being able to 'hover/lower speed' so that I could walk/be stable near the ground. So

Questions(for the DM's out there),

How much should/would this cost?

How should my manuverablity work?(I would have less then average manuverablity at full speed, but would still be able to go straight up for example)

Chrono22
2009-11-13, 11:08 PM
Um, I'd probably price it as wings of flying.
If you insist, you could probably increase the speed to 120 feet if you reduce the maneuverability by two steps. So, you could fly poorly, but very fast.
This means the item has less utility in combat, and more for general travel. I'd keep the price the same.

If you reduced the speed to 90 feet, I'd allow the item to let the wearer hover...

So, here's the item you want, I think:

Hover Rings: These golden rings are inscribed with glowing runes and symbols written in Auran or Ignan. The wearer of these rings can fly at a speed of 90 feet with poor maneuverability. When flying, the wearer can halt his forward motion and hover in place as a move action. He can then fly in any direction, including straight down or straight up, at half speed, regardless of his maneuverability. If the wearer begins his turn hovering, he can hover in place for the turn and take a full-round action.

Moderate abjuration; CL 10th; Craft Wondrous Item, (some binding spell); Price 54,000 gp;Weight 2 lb.