PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Dragonmark Prodigy/Adept/Visionary

Draxar
2009-11-13, 10:44 PM
Quick question:

If I have the feats Least Dragonmark and Dragonmark Prodigy, and I then take the feat Lesser Dragonmark, how many uses of which of the above do I have each day?

Assume for the sake of simplicity, the powers I am choosing are all the 1/day ones.

Least gives me a 1/day we'll call 'Biff', Prodigy gives me a different 1/day, well call 'Wham'. Prodigy also gives me

In addition, you can use one least mark spell like ability that you already possess one additional time per day

The 'already possess' suggests that that means I now have 2 Biffs and day and 1 Wham, I think. Though I originally read it as giving you one slot you could use each day for whichever of Biff or Bash you chose.

Once I take Lesser Dragonmark, I get a new ability we'll call 'Pow' (though it doesn't matter), and

In addition, you can use your least dragonmark spell like ability one additional time per day

Now that one's not so specific. Does it only apply to the original Least granted power? To my chosen one made once and preserved in stone forever more? Or do they all get it, meaning that by the time I'm a 4th level Dragonmark Heir, I've got 4 Biffs, 3 Whams, and then either one of those, or another least mark ability?

Similarily, if I take Dragonmark Heir, get Improved Least Dragonmark, and select a new ability rather than an extra use of old, then take Lesser and Greater Dragonmarks, do I get the extra uses on the new ability and the old, or just specific extra uses tied to that Least power?

RagnaroksChosen
2009-11-14, 12:13 AM
Quick question:

If I have the feats Least Dragonmark and Dragonmark Prodigy, and I then take the feat Lesser Dragonmark, how many uses of which of the above do I have each day?

Assume for the sake of simplicity, the powers I am choosing are all the 1/day ones.

Least gives me a 1/day we'll call 'Biff', Prodigy gives me a different 1/day, well call 'Wham'. Prodigy also gives me

The 'already possess' suggests that that means I now have 2 Biffs and day and 1 Wham, I think. Though I originally read it as giving you one slot you could use each day for whichever of Biff or Bash you chose.

Once I take Lesser Dragonmark, I get a new ability we'll call 'Pow' (though it doesn't matter), and

Now that one's not so specific. Does it only apply to the original Least granted power? To my chosen one made once and preserved in stone forever more? Or do they all get it, meaning that by the time I'm a 4th level Dragonmark Heir, I've got 4 Biffs, 3 Whams, and then either one of those, or another least mark ability?

Similarily, if I take Dragonmark Heir, get Improved Least Dragonmark, and select a new ability rather than an extra use of old, then take Lesser and Greater Dragonmarks, do I get the extra uses on the new ability and the old, or just specific extra uses tied to that Least power?

ok so

Least gives you 1 ability
Prodegy gives you 1 ability and 1 aditional use of a least ability
so
as of these two feets you have:
Least 2/day
and predegy 1/day

you get lesser
so you would have
1 lesser
then eaither
( least 3/day
prodegy 1/day)
or
(least 2/day
prodegy 2/day)

your choice

each one allows you to choose a least.
Prodegy says it adds another least so you should be able to pick wich one you want to increase

Draxar
2009-11-14, 05:57 AM
ok so

Least gives you 1 ability
Prodegy gives you 1 ability and 1 aditional use of a least ability
so
as of these two feets you have:
Least 2/day
and predegy 1/day

you get lesser
so you would have
1 lesser
then eaither
( least 3/day
prodegy 1/day)
or
(least 2/day
prodegy 2/day)

your choice

each one allows you to choose a least.
Prodegy says it adds another least so you should be able to pick wich one you want to increase

Prodigy states that you get one more use of a Least you already have, which prior to having Prodigy, is the 'normal' least, so that one has to go there.

The main question is whether the extra uses from Least apply to one or all least abilities, as they are not written with that in mind.

RagnaroksChosen
2009-11-14, 07:48 AM
Prodigy states that you get one more use of a Least you already have, which prior to having Prodigy, is the 'normal' least, so that one has to go there.

The main question is whether the extra uses from Least apply to one or all least abilities, as they are not written with that in mind.

all the ones i read clearly state that you get one extra use from one of your lower level ones.

Draxar
2009-11-14, 11:33 AM
all the ones i read clearly state that you get one extra use from one of your lower level ones.

Basically, I'm asking if there's any difference between

In addition, you can use one least mark spell like ability that you already possess one additional time per day

and

In addition, you can use your least dragonmark spell like ability one additional time per day

Note the underlined word – one specifies you only get an addtional use of one of the least mark SLA, the other doesn't.

Does the latter apply to all such SLA's you have?

RagnaroksChosen
2009-11-14, 03:57 PM
Basically, I'm asking if there's any difference between

and

Note the underlined word – one specifies you only get an addtional use of one of the least mark SLA, the other doesn't.

Does the latter apply to all such SLA's you have?

Persoanly i would make them work the same way.. I would check with your gm though. as some may rule that it is your original one.

err atleast for this one "In addition, you can use your least dragonmark spell like ability one additional time per day "

Draxar
2009-11-14, 06:08 PM
Aye.

Part of the question is whether the 2 extra uses of the Prodigy and Adept abilities, alongside those of the normal Least and Lesser, is overpowering, taking into account the amount of feats and possibly class levels that are going into this.

RagnaroksChosen
2009-11-14, 10:02 PM
Aye.

Part of the question is whether the 2 extra uses of the Prodigy and Adept abilities, alongside those of the normal Least and Lesser, is overpowering, taking into account the amount of feats and possibly class levels that are going into this.

I'd say no.