PDA

View Full Version : Altab Homebrew Version

Archangelat
2009-11-14, 02:53 AM
"Too old... too young... too inexperienced... Argh!"

Arcadius couldn't help but grab at his beard. He would have much preferred to pull at his hair but alas, his age has finally caught up to him and his hair line had caught up to his age 5 years prior.

"Just one more... hm... mayhaps three be enough? No, no, no. Needs be 1 more least the chance be nigh" grumbled the ancient sage as he once again resumed the tedious task at hand of finding the fourth elite Seeker.

Just as the hour was to pass a great joyous shout was heard throughout the library quickly chased by gasps of beleaguered coughs.

"Your highness, I have excellent news!"

Solara stared up wearily from the most recent scout reports at his old friend and mentor. Arcadius is quick to excite these days but his broad half toothed smile and wagging long beard hinted that this time the news might really be worth listening to.

"What news do you have for me Arcadius. I pray it be about a sudden change of heart by Pylenxia? If not, let it at the very least carry a bout of mirth to ease my mind."

"No, no, it is actually neither. Rather, it can be both. Well really if you..."

Not having the time today to indulge his former mentor, Solara decided to redirect the sage's attention:

"I am sure it is of a thousand possibilities but for a lowly mortal such as I, please limit it to one form."

"Oh yes, of course. I wanted to inform you right away that we finally have found four worthy champions to complete the Seekers!"

Arcadius was beaming with such pride as if a toddler first learning to walk that the High King didn't have the heart to suggest that the champions ore more likely to end up in the deep bowls of the Earth than to provide any real accomplishment.

"Excellent Arcadius! Please summon them immediately."
__________________________________________________ ____________

(A fortnight hence):

Two high guards whispered amongst themselves while stealing glances at the menage of individuals seated in the courtyard:

(The below is only for Gara and Larisa as the other two failed their listening checks)

"What do you make of those four over there?"

"Eh, from what I hear they be the new Seekers. By my eyes they look more to be street walkers and thugs."

"Hehehe, aye, I surely wouldn't mind spending my break with that girl over there. Heck, even that elf looking thing is causing me to unsheathe my hidden dagger if you know what I mean."

"Bah, can't be trusting those non-humans these days though with you a few swigs of Dragon Piss Ale and I bet 10 gold coins that dwarf over there would be fine company for you too!"

"Keep it down you gip. You want them to hear us. By the looks of his armor that dwarf seems to be one of Smolt's errand boys."

"Aye King Smolt, now there be one that is fitting of a Seeker. Not like this group of misfits."

"Shh... think they be noticing us."

(Please take the time to introduce yourselves to each other)

Apoc Golem
2009-11-14, 10:16 AM
Amycus cracked his knuckles and glanced at the other three "Seekers." For a brief moment, he asked himself again why in the name of the gods he would do such an asinine job. No money, no fame--

--but that was why he was doing it, wasn't it? He'd seen enough people live and die to make his heart more callused than his knuckles ever would be, but that last one... Ye gods, he was just a kid....

He knew that when teenage urchins were coming after him trying to make a name for themselves, that perhaps it was best to lay low for awhile.

I only meant to bloody him up a bit, he thought despondently. Stupid kid never should have pulled a knife. I.... I panicked... Wasn't my fault...

He shook his head and started hopping from one foot to the other, then began pacing back and forth irritably. He wished the King would just send them somewhere already, somewhere that he could strike. Didn't matter if he struck with his tongue or his fists. The damage was brutal either way, and that's what he wanted right now: Damage. Get his blood flowing. Get his fists and feet moving. Juck and jive. Float like a pseudodragon, sting like a stirge.

He looked again at his new companions and twitched his nose. He'd seen weirder blokes, but he'd never had to work with them before. This ought to prove interesting...

Since everyone else seemed quiet, he decided to break the ice. He walked to each and offered his hand and a boyish grin, introducing himself. "Name's Amycus. Pleasure." He came to the gray elf last, and instead of a shake he kissed her hand and added a wink. At least there will be pretty scenery wherever we go, he thought pleasantly.

whoiam
2009-11-14, 12:14 PM
"Gara", the bandit grunted in response. Already the doubts were starting to sink in.

Four people? Against all that was wrong in the world? But now it was too late to back out. Stupid. Why did I have to come out in the open like this? Being seen to do good was an open invitation to be seen to fail.

"I wish I had a hidden dagger on me" Gara muttered - this time in response to the guards' comments. Admittedly, she didn't mean it as a euphemism. She meant it as a wish she could pose a threat to the two for their disrespectful behaviour... Not that she'd carry it out. She merely wished she could threaten it.

...The pacer may be onto a winner there. Act annoying so they'll send us on our way faster.

"What is the delay?" she called across to the two guards. "We were summoned to be seekers, yet all we've sought so far is to wear an arse-groove upon these flagstones."

Ilriyn
2009-11-14, 12:25 PM
Larisa grimaced slightly as she overheard the guards comments, she hoped that she wouldn't have any trouble from any of them, unless they payed of course.

She turned slightly, intentionally giving the guards a cold shoulder. Surveying the rest of the group, she didn't know if she should be pleased or disgusted. A dwarf, a street fighter, and a rouge. "No clerics?" She thought despondently. "At least they'll be good in a fight."

She smiled pleasantly at the group, watching the brawler make his introductions. When the brawler came to her, she offered him a coy smile, and lightly said, "Name's Larisa, best archer south of the capital". She said this with a little mockery in her voice, hoping that perhaps she could find out what he excelled at.

Averagedog
2009-11-14, 02:04 PM
"We wait as long as we have ta kid," Kangar replied, slightly annoyed that he had to wait with this strange looking group of surface dwellers.

Where were the powerful warriors or even the powerful clerics? Kangars carefully rigid complexion changed to a small frown. Kangar was told from the letter that he was being sent in a party of elite individuals that would solve the great problems of the world and perhaps bring more recognition to his home and kin.

Kangar was lost in his thoughts of home, where he trained in the academy, went to several bars for a drink and sometimes a fight, and of course the organized kitchen where he was brewing his latest soup concoction when Amycus came by to shake his hand.

Kangar sized up the taller man before him and for the first time in the presence of these surface dwellers, smiled. Now here was a man that appeared to be worth his salt. Kangar returned the handshake with a firm grip.

"Nice ta meet yeh Amycus, the names Kangar Thunderfist"

Apoc Golem
2009-11-14, 03:10 PM
Amycus nodded to Kangar. "I must admit, I have met few of your brethren above ground. No better drinking partners in the Kingdoms, though. I'm surprised that a dwarf answered the call for Seekers. Not that I'm complaining, mind you. You seem like hardy folk, and I'm guessing we'll have need for that all too soon."

He gave a nod and another wink at Larisa, though he was curious as to what had her feathers ruffled. He hadn't heard the guards' comments, so he assumed he may have insulted her somehow. He decided to play it cool; he gave her another quick smile and returned his attention to the dwarf.

Archangelat
2009-11-14, 03:14 PM
Crash

"Danged carts, not sure why we even be using these damn contraptions. Ugh... if not for the infernal ban on the magics of old, we wouldn't have need of such clutter and over sized toys..."

Far preceding his actual presence, Aradius' usual muttering could be heard echoing throughout the courtyard.

A few moments later, a disheveled and highly annoyed old man appeared from the archway. Well, "old" might have been too modest a term for the individual. Bent over and under at least thrice, the man must have been well over 6 feet in his prime but is now standing as tall as his 4 foot beard that seems to have taken up the role of the royal floor sweeper.

"Ah, finally here be the four champions of the land. Quite the bouquet of warriors we have here but I know all of ye to be unquestionably reliable and honest. Eh, most of ye as far as honesty goes anyways.

Now then if you masters and mistresses of adventure would kindly follow me, we have an assembly with King Yorigal that we are late for."

As the group rose to follow the snail shuffling of the sage, all couldn't but wonder if the trip to the meeting chambers would include a dinner on the way.

Five minutes later, the group has managed to cross the archway. To the side of the inner corridor rested a monstrous cart. Any other individual would not have bothered to pay an extra second of attention to the potpourri of miscellaneous discards and junk sitting amongst the three metal golems surrounding it, but Larisa couldn't but help notice the jutting of a leather armor amongst them.

(If no action is taken by Larisa, you guys will be moved on).

Ilriyn
2009-11-14, 03:16 PM
OOC: Do I recognize the armor?

Averagedog
2009-11-14, 03:20 PM
"We all have our own reasons for becoming seekers, and seeing as we all need ta work together on this, we should get to know each other's strengths and abilities"

Kangar said after the handshaking was finished,

"There's bound to be fighting by the time this business is through and I'd hate to put the hammer in the face of an ally by accident."

Kangar's words are interrupted by the sounds of an approaching cart.......

Archangelat
2009-11-14, 03:20 PM
OOC: Do I recognize the armor?

(What do you mean by recognize? You spot it and know it is made of leather, that's it. You can choose to go and inspect it further if you wish but you do not have detect magic so you do not know if it is magical or not.)

Ilriyn
2009-11-14, 03:26 PM
OOC: Alright

A bit of leather armor protruding from the stack of junk catches Larisa's eye. She quickly glances at the old man, who shows no sign of speeding up. Confident in her ability to catch up with the rest of the group, she slips away to better examine the armor.

Archangelat
2009-11-14, 04:08 PM
As the elf was just about to get onto the wagon, a loud creaking sound could be heard.

Startled, the elf sprang back just in time to see one of the golem stir as if some mischievous artificer has decided to turn on the brute just for laughs.

Occupied by the first golemn, Larisa was caught by surprise and just narrowly turned in time to avoid being smashed into a beautiful blood stained pulp by the metallic fist of the second golem.

The clatter was loud enough to even catch the attention of the old sage.

"What in Altab is this now? Stupid golems, more trouble than they are worth.

HEY YOU STUPID IMPRIS GOLEMS, HALT YOUR MECHANICAL IDIOCY!"

Though the rest of the party was surprised that such an energetic phrase could come out of the living walking bag of dust, the golems seed to pay no heed.

"That's not the right phrase... Now what was it again. Impris contraptions desist in your stupidity? Or was it..."

Witnessing the danger that the elf was in and the stir of the third golem, the rest of the party had no time to wait for the sage to remember the command phrase.

Looking around desperately, they party was able to collect a pile of rusted weaponry from amongst the rubbish littering the corridor.

(Choose your next actions please. Whether it is to fight, stay, run, etc...).

Ilriyn
2009-11-14, 05:22 PM
Larisa spends a move action to manifest her wings, then flies 15 ft. straight up. Panting heavily as she realizes how close to death she came, she calls out for help from the other seekers. She also throws a curse in the direction of old sage, just for good measure.

Averagedog
2009-11-14, 07:50 PM
Kangar moves (move action) to pick up a rusty warhammer then spends his move action to align his aura to project a guidance aura to aid his allies and himself in hitting his enemies. (swift action). (since I can't move again to hit the golem I won't use my standard action.)

Kangar then shouts, "Get away from it girl! We will take care of it!"

Apoc Golem
2009-11-15, 01:44 PM
Without a second glance at the weapons, Amycus leaped to the nearest golem. Breaking boards with these fists is one thing, he thought frantically, but metal is something else entirely! With little time to think, he moved to grapple the golem. It was likely twice as strong as him, at least, but he doubted his fists would do much against it, which limited his options. If he could just pin it to the ground, maybe someone with a weapon could take a crack at it...

Archangelat
2009-11-15, 02:05 PM
Turn order is:

Larisa (flew up)
Gara
Amycus (attempts grapple)
Kanger (grabs weapon and moves in)
Golem 1
Golem 2
Golem 3

whoiam
2009-11-15, 03:02 PM
Going to swipe the largest sword she can find amoungst the pile, Gara takes a quick step backwards. This was not cowardice on her part - she'd already seen Larissa fly directly up, and knew that there was little point in attacking her host's guards if she could help it.

She also knew she'd have to have a nice chat with Larissa about how the most important rule of larceny was not being caught.

But for now, she contented herself to "Don't approach, don't act aggressive, they're probably only after the elven fly."

But then Amycus and Kanger went anyway, so she grabbed that sword after all. "I can tell working with you people is going to be interesting." she muttered, mainly to herself.

On her turn, she steps backwards away from the golems, and readies an action to arm herself from the weapons pile if Amycus or Kanger gets into combat with the Golems. Which executes on Amycus' grapple attempt.

Archangelat
2009-11-15, 04:19 PM
Contrary to his usual calculated tactics, Amycus rushed into the fray in an attempt to aid his comrade and perhaps also to impress the flying tart that instigated this whole mess to begin with.

Dashing across the corridor, the Pugilist careens with all his might to miss the swing of the golem he was attempting to pin.

The missed attack of opportunity was just what Amycus needed as he quickly barrel hugged the golem's torso of an arm and tried to hold on long enough to secure his feet.

Unfortunately, the size and weight of the golem was too much for the zealous Pugilist and Amycus was not able to maintain his hold. His efforts were however rewarded with the redirected attention to himself by all three golems.

Crack, smash, crunch.

Agonizing pain raced through Amycus as the fists of the golems cracked his skull, shattered his ribs and crushed his arm.

Unable to cope with the immense pain, Amycus' body shut down to the image of three warriors encased in brilliant armor running towards him and the thought of...

*Larisa
*Gara
Amycus (-6 HP)
*Kanger
Golem 1
Golem 2
Golem 3

(* = who needs to post their moves)

Ilriyn
2009-11-15, 05:11 PM
Larisa will take a move action to manifest her soulbow, then take a standard action to fire once at the golem nearest to Amycus, and then take a 5 ft. step (Flying) away from Amycus.

Safe for the moment, Larisa starts to manifest her soulbow as she surveys the scene. She sees Kangar, picking up a warhammer and yelling at her to get out of the battle. "What, does he honestly think I would have signed up for this mission if I wasn't able to take care of myself?" She thought, "Well, I suppose my actions probably weren't the smartest, and he's only trying to help... But who would have expected being attacked by three golems, in the King's Courtyard no less, just for looking around?"

She saw Gara step back, grabbing a sword. And then she saw Amycus, rushing pell-mell down the corridor, and attempting to tackle one of the golems. She briefly wondered, "Does he always fight like that?" before she saw all three golems descend on him, tossing him around like a rag doll.

Larisa was horrified as she watched blood starting to flow from the pugilist's many wounds. As visions of others she had caused the death of floated in front of her eyes, the same words repeated over and over in her mind. "This is all your fault, this is all your fault!"

Snapping out of her momentary stupor, she leapt into action. She knew she couldn't do anything to heal Amycus, besides, flying down there again would be like her signing a warrant for her own execution. She instead shot an arrow from her newly manifested bow, targeting the golem closest to the fallen pugilist. Hoping the arrow would distract the golems from attacking Amycus, she moved backwards, yelling at the golems to try and get their attention.

whoiam
2009-11-15, 05:21 PM
Yeah... fighting iron golems at close range? Not the fight for someone who didn't wear much armor at the best of times, and was armed with a bit of rusty iron. Luckily, she didn't just have to fall back on the strength of her arms. She had a mind to use as well.

So. First stop: The weapon. Drop it. Don't want to appear to be a target. Second stop: The old man. If the golems obeyed his commands, they probably weren't about to attack him.

She attempted a grab. Hopefully at his age he won't actually try and fight. If/When she's got a hold, she advances slowly and carefully with the old man in tow, trying to reach Amycus. All she's going to do is try and drag him clear before the golems can finish him.

Archangelat
2009-11-15, 06:03 PM
Slivers of metal erupted from golem's shoulder as the blackened gaping hole testified to the accuracy of Larisa's aim.

"Eh...what are you up to girl? I am flattered and all but don't you think you are a bit young for..."

The sage did not have time to finish the rest of his rant as Gara roughly grabbed him. Armed with her new human shield, Gara slowly advanced forward.

Larisa
Gara
Amycus (-6 HP)
*Kanger
Golem 1 (damaged)
Golem 2
Golem 3

Averagedog
2009-11-15, 06:14 PM
Kangar grimly watched the brawler get crushed by the golems and knew that there wasn't much he could do to defeat them. He decided not to make any more aggressive actions, but instead went into a defensive stance in case if the golems advanced. He briefly changes his aura to Vigor in hopes that it would at least seal the Pugilist's grievous wounds.

God durned mechanical contraptions, what activated these things anyway?

"This looks bad, stay back if you can. I think I can save Amycus with my shaman aura but these guards obviously are stronger than they appear" Kangar said aloud.

Archangelat
2009-11-15, 06:45 PM
As Amycus fell to the ground in a pool of his own blood, the golems turned their attention once again to the flying elf.

Slowly the golems looked around. You could almost see the gears in their heads turning as they spotted the pile of debris. Once fixated on their target, two of the three golems ignored the advancement of Aradius via Gara and shambled over with a speed that was quite surprising to the party considering the size of these metallic monstrosities.

The remaining golem seemed content to pose over its latest human trophy.

*Larisa
*Gara
Amycus (-6 HP)
*Kanger
Golem 1 (damaged)
Golem 2 (moved to pile)
Golem 3 (moved to pile)

Ilriyn
2009-11-15, 06:54 PM
Larisa will take a 5 ft. step (flying) up, and will then use a full attack action (Using Rapid Shot, and Point Blank Shot) on one of the golems that advanced towards her. She will take a free action to tell Gara to let the old sage go.

Larisa was filled with satisfaction as two of the golems ponderously turned towards her. As they advanced towards her, moving with surprising speed, she flew slightly higher, not anxious to be dragged down by her foot.

She quickly loosed two arrows at the nearest golem, before she saw Gara dragging the old sage towards the golems. She shouted, "What are you doing?! Let him go so he can say the command word!"

She also spared a quick glance at Amycus, and sighed with relief as his bleeding seemed to slow under the beneficial effects of Kangar's aura.

whoiam
2009-11-15, 07:08 PM
Larissa's comment would, under most other circumstances, have Gara laughing.

What, does she think I have some super magical invisible gags that block up a man's tongue when I grab him by the arm? If he was going to remember the code word in time he'd have done it already.

It won't hurt to check, though...

"Now, mister, this is quite simple" Gara's voice was only barely audible here. Mainly she wasn't sure how much the golem could understand, and didn't want to risk it. "If you can remember how to turn them off, do it now. Otherwise, you and I are each going to take one of my colleague's arms, and drag him slowly away from the Golem. Alright?"

Prepared action 1: If he successfully deactivates the golems, extract Amycus from around the damaged one and drag him back over to Kanger.
Prepared action 2: If he fails to deactivate the golems, take hold of one of Amycus' arms and prepare to pull him back (helpfully with the old man's help, although Gara is unlikely to need it).

Averagedog
2009-11-15, 07:23 PM
Kangar listens to Larissa and grimaces. He slowly inches back toward Larissa and the old man but gets ready to swing at a golem if it threatens him.

(( fighting defensively, move 10 feet back if possible keeping Amycus within aura range. Its obvious to me that we are tangling with something that we shouldn't have even been tempted with!))

Archangelat
2009-11-15, 08:20 PM
The first blue vaporous arrow screamed through the air towards the golem only to be deflected off of the more heavily armored shoulder padding to the chagrin of Larisa.

However, the impact of the first arrow caused the golem to turn just enough to expose the a less guarded region between the shoulders and the center torso. Hissing with vengeance, the arrow tore into the softer metal before vanishing into thin air.

Had the golem been of flesh and voice, surely it would have howled with agony. As is, the gaping wound did not seem to stem its determination. Along with its silent brother in arms, the golem plunged its arm into the debris and turned to bear upon the elf with a crossbow.

"Remember the stop phrase, what do you think I've been doing this whole time girl? Are you sure you are the same Gara that applied for this team? Asking me to pull a bloated idiot like that all the way back, might as well ask me to face down a Huntsmen of Pylenxia while you are at it. Honestly it is difficult enough for me to just..."

The sounds of shod footsteps and clanging armor droned out the old man's rantings as three warriors ran up to the scene.

"Born of iron and birthed by fire, hark onto me ye patrols of Impris! Stand down from your misguided actions, these be not foes of Impris!"

Just as quickly as they had stirred, the golems stalled in mid actions.

With a cacophony of metal clattering, the golems seemed once again nothing more that mute statues.

With an amused smile on his face and humor in his voice the singer looked towards the party.

"Now whom may all of you be as to be so eager to challenge the new Impris patrol golems?"

(All gain 100xp, Gara gains additional 25xp for innovative rping)

whoiam
2009-11-15, 09:32 PM
"Who said we were eager? The golems just turned on the elven fly up there. I don't suppose you have a cure wounds potion on you?" The old man was released now that the threat was over, but Gara was still crouched beside Amycus. She was obviously unaware of the fact that Kangar's aura was healing Amycus: they knew next to nothing of each other, after all, and Gara lacked any facility with magic that might have allowed her to detect the aura.

Now that they had more time to spare (and now that she had run out of useful things she could do apart from talk and/or move her injured comrade) Gara had a chance to glance over towards where Larissa had been when this trouble had started. She'd done something to set them off. Gara was curious what it was - if for no other reason than to give her more ammunition for the 'use your head' lecture that's being prepared for Larissa.

Gara may well be the group's youngest member, but that doesn't stop her being something of a know-it-all when it comes to larceny.

Averagedog
2009-11-15, 09:53 PM
Kangar dropped the hammer seeing that combat was not going to continue. surveying the situation. Guards have come down from the path ahead looking a little less than friendly given the situation. Kangar ignored them for the moment being a little more intent on the condition of the fellow seeker. Making sure his aura was still active, he stepped closer to the prone form of Amycus to see what the damage was.

After surveying the damage, Kangar turns around to face the guards.

"We are the seekers summoned and chosen for whatever it is we are ta do. Why were these golems active? From what I saw they appeared to attack her unprovoked."

He crossed his arms over his broad chest and waited for an answer slightly annoyed that as guests, they were attacked by their hosts.

Ilriyn
2009-11-15, 11:41 PM
Larisa quickly flew down towards the group huddled around Amycus. Landing softly, she bent down to inspect him. Kangar's aura, or whatever it was seemed to be working, and she flashed Kangar a quick smile of appreciation.

As she knelt besides the group, she muttered, "What on earth possessed him to try and tackle a huge creature made of iron?" She looked over at Gara, and overheard her talking to the guards about a potion, and an elven fly. Elven fly? "Hmm" She silently smirked, "Haven't heard that one before."

As she listened to Kangar asking about the Golem's, she decided this was the best time to help defuse the situation. "Begging your pardon, sir" she said, "Something caught my eye over in that cart of old weapons and armor. I stopped for a second to look at it, when all of the sudden those things started to try and kill me. I apologize for any damage I might have caused; normally I would have just flown away, I was just trying to keep the golems away from this other seeker here." She said, pointing at Amycus.

She said all this in a slightly bashful tone, trying to insert just the right amount of remorse and bewilderment. While she felt it unlikely that they would suspect her of trying to steal the armor, why would she do a fool thing like that anyways, right in the middle of the king's palace? She still wanted to make sure that no suspicion was focused on her.

If I need to, I'll roll of bluff check here.

Archangelat
2009-11-15, 11:47 PM
Looking over the fallen pugilist, the warrior flashed a smile.

"I did not realize his wounds are so severe at first glance. He must be quite dedicated to his training to have ended up in such a state. Charssie, would you be as so kind to assist the young lady over there with reviving that mighty warrior?"

"My pleasure King Strombale."

Kneeling over the dying man, Charssie closed her eyes and muttered under her breath. Soon a light radiated from her fair and graceful hands and proceeded towards Amycus.

Though having seen it multiple times before, Arcadius was still fascinated by the healing arts of the female paladin and hovered over her like an eager boy of twelve over the anvil of a blacksmith.

In a few moments, Amycus had stopped bleeding and his head was once again whole (well that is if you considered it to be whole before the skirmish that is).

Having seen to the care of the fallen warrior, King Strombale turned to address the dwarf.

"Oh, a dwarf! Didn't quite see you there. May your beard grow full and long. Seems by the looks of you that you are from Smolt's land or should I apologize now for my mistake?

As for for the golems, they are usually as you see them now. Something urgent must have caused them to be roused up so. It seems you are just as puzzled by this as we are."

The King cocked his head to the side as if in thought. With his brow furrowed, his eyes glanced up to notice the flying elf 10 feet above his head.

"A dwarf and now a flying elf? This must be my fortunate day to be in the company of such amazing creatures the likes of which have not appeared for years.

Such an enchanting creature such as yourself should be careful not to create a new skylight in the corridor. It would truly be a shame for a mesmerizing beauty to accidentally bang up any part of her frame."

As Larisa flew down slowly with caution in her eyes, King Strombale nonchalantly walked over towards her.

"You wouldn't happen to have witnessed what caused the golems to fuss so what you?" asked the King with a blinding smile.

(I guess Aranii and I were posting at the same time so instead of deleting the above, I will just assume Aranii's post took place after mine. I am going to wait to see if Apoc wants to post anything before I proceed as his character is now stable and revived).

Apoc Golem
2009-11-16, 11:20 AM
As Amycus' brain slowly rose from the stew it had been turned into by the golems' fists, he muttered incoherently. "No, mama, I don't want to ride the pony today... I would much rather play with the pixies..." His eyes eventually fluttered open and, in a flash, he recalled the attack and sat bolt upright. "Ye gods, the gol--" His exclamation was cut off by a herd of bulettes pummeling through his brain. Fire shot up his spine and he lay back down quickly.

"Ohhhh, bugger, that was dumb," he groaned. "I take it, as I am revivified, that the golems are no longer a threat, and that someone has kindly healed me. Now if only one could fix stupidity..." Seeing the female paladin kneeling over him, he smiled boyishly. "Pretty tough though, eh? I almost managed to wrestle a golem."

Archangelat
2009-11-16, 12:27 PM
"An armor you say?"

King Strombale walked over to the cart and picked through the collection of weaponry and armor. Looking once over at the elf, he grabbed a trimmed green armor.

"Might this be the armor you were speaking of?"

Taking the shy smile of the elf as affirmation, the King inspected the armor.

"Ah now I can see why those golems stirred. Strange and ancient elven magic is woven into this armor. Unfortunately, my skills are too lacking in determining what the magic is and how it is to be activated.

However, I do believe the wise Arcadius here could help decipher it."

"I can do what now and why should I?" rambled Arcadius as he heard his name mentioned.

"I was just explaining to this lovely creature that mayhap you could uncover the magic within this armor as it might have been the reason why the golems were alerted so."

"Oh yes, magic armor. Now that's something you don't see around here everyday. Wonder why Impris sent this to us. Must of been a mistake. No matter, ancient elven magics are always so intriguing. But that will have to wait as I have to escort these should be champions..." at this point, the sage coughed in the direction of the still prone pugilist.

"As I was saying, it is my duty to escort these four to the council hall to meet with High King Yorigal."

"Ah well, then it is doubly fortunate that I chanced upon your party as I am going to meet with the him as well. Why don't I show them the way?"

"Well I suppose that would be fine. I guess I'll take a gander at this here armor and..." muttered Arcadius as he hobbled off with glee like a kid with a shiny new toy.

"Now that is taken care of, please let me introduce my companions and I. The female paladin you see over there is Charssie and the punching bag looking fellow you see with us is General Trevolt.

Now if you would all be as so kind to enlighten me about whom all of you are and where you hail from on our way to the council hall, I would be most appreciative."

Initially put off slightly by the scars of Amycus' face, Charssie had tried to avoid too much small talk with the warrior. However, his boyish charms bested her and she allowed herself to entertain him briefly.

"That was indeed very brave of you to throw yourself in harm's way to protect you comrade. Though maybe next time, you might consider taking a bit of time to see if she needs the assistance in the first place?"

Charssie knew she probably should not have added the last dig but she just couldn't help herself. Being raised by King Strombale has ingrained in her mind that all male warriors should be as competent and intelligent as him.

whoiam
2009-11-16, 03:05 PM
Charssie's comments had brought a smile to Gara's face. "Maybe I should fit him with a leash? Go, boy! Kill!" It was not especially hard to amuse her.

Still, she couldn't spend too much time being amused. There was work to be done... sort of. So she stood, and turned to address the king. "I'm known as Gara, and I'm a seeker."

Pause.

"Mainly because I'm good at finding things. Taking on golems without a decent weapon? Not really my thing. So, you're Boss Strombale?" It wasn't that Gara meant to be rude. It was just that... well, 'Boss' was about the only honourific she was actually used to using. So she gave it to the king, inadequate as it was. "Or sub-boss Strombale, I suppose - court etiquette was never a strong suit of mine, so I apologise in advance for whichever offense I'm going to give over the coming meeting." A charming smile - far more pleasant than the sound of her talking, at any rate - to try and convey the message that she wasn't being deliberately unkind, that she was merely a country bumpkin. "Anyway, we should all be able to walk about now, so perhaps we should start moving to that meeting?"

Averagedog
2009-11-16, 04:45 PM
"Wait a minute Gara, the rest of us need to properly introduce ourselves" Kangar said turning towards Gara. He walked towards King Strombale and hangs out his hand to shake in greeting as it was the human custom he was taught, "I am Kangar Thunderfist, assistant of Third Prince Breldar Goldfist, son of Dandalar Goldfist, king of the Halls of Vallia. After completing a diplomatic mission for the sake of an ancient trade agreement between the Halls of Vallia and the court of King Smolt, I was ordered by my prince to come here as a Seeker.

Kangar paused to take a breathe.

"I am trained as a Dragon-shaman as it is the custom of me clan with the weapons of hammer and shield to strike down my foes. I have seen battle against Kobolds and goblins around the mountain with similarly trained troops" Kangar finished. He took a step back letting the next seeker to take his or her turn to introduce his or her self.

Ilriyn
2009-11-16, 05:53 PM
Larisa was looking over wistfully at the sage green armor when Kangar finished speaking. As she realizes that they are waiting on her, she says with a start: "I am Larisa Tirion. I am daughter, (She slightly emphasizes this for an unknown reason), of Breldo and Marian Tirion. I hail from the kingdom of Tumult. My skills lie in archery, stealth, and attack from, uhh, unexpected angles. My skills are at your service."

After saying this, she takes a step back, waiting expectantly for Amycus to speak. But anyone watching her can tell she is still most intrigued by the set of armor the old sage is now handling.

Archangelat
2009-11-16, 07:26 PM
Boss? Hahahaha. I am certainly no one's boss or sub-boss as you so eloquently put it. Like yourself I do not view myself important enough to be concerned with titles when amongst friends. You may hail me as Sir Gwelden or just Gwelden as your mood may suit you."

Turning to the dwarf, Gwelden's melodic voice echoed the corridor once again.

"An honor to make your acquaitance Kangar Thunderfist. Dandalar Goldfist is a mighty warrior, stout as a Tangle Tree and just as dangerous if you are facing him as an opponent. You party will benefit mightly from your experience and your courage."

Seeing the look in the elf's eyes as the sage left with the set of armor, Gwelden quickly stepped towards her for reassurance.

"Do not worry little one. Arcadius is throughly versed in the discovery and analysis of ancient magical items. His knowledge of past gone arcana is as deep as the Ocean of Sokaris. Once he has satiated his mind, he will surely bore of the armor as he will have no further use of it.

Now all that remains to be heard from is our mighty warrior who seems to just have fully recovered."

(Don't worry, you guys are moving along this whole time so once Apoc posts, you will be at the next point in the story.)

Apoc Golem
2009-11-16, 08:58 PM
A small spot of color entered Amycus' cheeks at Charssie's jibe, but he didn't let it throw him off for long.

"A leash, indeed!" he laughed. "Perhaps it would be for the best. I am of fair mind and tongue when the need suits it, but when battle is set upon me, I am afraid I enter it with a great deal of vigor, perhaps more than is healthy. It didn't help that a lady was in distress. Though had I realized she was so capable, perhaps I would not have been so concerned in rushing in." He shrugged. "One of my flaws, I suppose. Ah, well."

He raised his eyebrows. "Good heavens, I haven't introduced myself. Amycus, m'lady. Amycus Pope." He bowed low, but refrained from kissing Charssie's hand. He hadn't dealt with a good many paladins, and wasn't entirely certain how a warrior-woman would take to such a move. He bowed again toward Gwelden. "A fair meeting it is, sir. I thank you both again for saving me from a premature travel to the Afterlife." He flashed Charssie another smile.

"Well! Now that introductions are made, shall we continue to the meeting?"

Archangelat
2009-11-17, 12:41 PM
"Why of course. In fact, we are already here!" exclaimed Gwelden as he presented the double doors that the party had arrived upon during the the exchange of greetings.

One would have thought the High King's private meeting room would have been of a grandiose affair yet that could not be further from reality. Instead monstrous doors of steel or and osentatious display of gold and silver, the doors of the room were of simple ancient oak.

Yet as the party approached, the doors seemed to emanate a sugre of strength the smell of ocean breeze swept towards them though no window was in sight.

Three guards stood with silence, barring entrance to the portal. Spotting the approach of the group, the foremost warrior spoke in a measured but authorative tone.

"Halt! Before passing any further, all arms must be forfeited."

"Of course, I would expect nothing less" replied Gwelden.

The party soon found themselves stripped of any weapons and ammunition that they might have been carrying with such speed and precision that they were hardly aware of what had transpired.

However, as one of the guards reached for King Strombale's sword, his senior quickly stopped him.

"Do not be so hasty with that one least you are ever so eager to lose the use of your right arm for a month."

"I apologize for not having removed it myself earlier. I have so become used to it hanging by my side that I sometimes forget I am wearing it" explained Gwelden as he unbelted his sword.

As the sword was being handed over to the guard, Kangar noticed that the craftsmenship of the weapon was far beyond the skills of any human or dwarf for that matter.

Once denuded of their armament, the remaining guard opened the doors and announced their arrival.

(Feel free to post as I have to get some work done before the next post about the meeting with the High King.)

Apoc Golem
2009-11-17, 01:03 PM
Amycus watched the disarmament of his fellows with a small smirk. Perhaps he couldn't fire a bow or swing an axe for the life of him, but the gods knew he could never be disarmed save by the severing of all his limbs--and at that point, he would have more pressing matters to deal with, namely bleeding to death.

He was slightly taken aback by the breeze; it was a rare occasion that he smelled the ocean without it being heavily coated in the odors of a port city wharf (namely the scents of rotting fish and dilapidated wooden warehouses). He breathed in heavily and, once the doors were open, walked in. He took no notice of Gwelden's sword or its craftsmanship; so far as he was concerned, a sword was a sword and not even worth picking up, let alone examining.

Archangelat
2009-11-17, 01:06 PM
(Sorry about your character sheet, I forgot to set you back to full HP after Charssie healed you)

Averagedog
2009-11-17, 01:42 PM
Kangar was not surprised to see more guards, but took comfort in that he dropped the rusty hammer back near those mechanical contraptions and did not have the armor or weapons of his homeland to be impounded. He waited patiently for the other guards to finish stripping the group of weapons when he noticed King Strombale's sword.

The sword was beautiful by every aspect of the word in relation to its use and functionality. He blinked a few times to see if he was having a delusion. When he realized that the sword did indeed contain such quality, he wondered what could have created such a blade. It far exceeded any human or dwarven work he has seen thus far, but then again he has never been in the Hall of Vallia's treasury or seen his people's ancient relics.

When the doors opened, Kangar mentally prepared himself for what was to come, afterall he will be representing the prince and the royal court of the Halls of Vallia he must make a good impression.

Ilriyn
2009-11-17, 07:48 PM
Larisa watched silently as the guards frisked the group. She had no weapons on her, having dismissed her soulbow as soon as danger had passed.

As she stood silently, she could not help but be impressed with the quality of Stormbale's sword. It was of exquisite workmanship, far surpassing anything she had seen in the markets of Tumult. She had no idea how valuable such a sword might be, and briefly wondered if her father would have been able to appraise such a beautiful item. This thought, however, brought a sharp pang to her heart, and she pushed the thought of her past to the back of her mind.

The only outward appearance of this was a fleeting grimace that crossed her face. She silently berated herself for being as expressive with her emotions as she was, and instead started to focus on improving her appearance; she did not want to appear as a lowly street-dweller to the high king.

Archangelat
2009-11-17, 07:50 PM
If the party had expected the plain doorway to be a mask hiding the elegence of the interior and the majesty of the king, they would be sorely disappointed.

Within the chambers, sat a scholarly looking man who surely has seen more sun rises than the leaves of the great oak that the chamber doors were crafted from. The lower half of his face was covered by a well groomed white beard that was handsome enough to rival even that of dwarf king.

The king's full height was unclear as his slighlty bent form and the flowing purple royal robes that overwhelemed his frame made even a reasonable guess impropable.

To his right side hovered a slighlty (as in a century or two) younger version of Arcadius. Yet, it was what was dancing near his left shoulder that drew the attention of the party.

A cloud the size of a human head jumped to and fro in a playful choreograph of twirls and jaunts. By first glance, it would seem that a lesser god, bored with the nuiances of the celestial plane, had decided to give life to a fledgling cloud and to top it off, given it a set of doe like eyes and a gleeful smile.

Upon the entrance of the party, the tiny cloud zipped towards Kantar and circled his head. A slight tingling sensation went through Kantar as the cloud circled him. Not unpleasent at all, rather similiar to the sensation of easing into a warm bath on a wintery night.

Alerted by the cheerful squeal of his pet, High King Yorigal raised his head.

Sensing the Yorigal's attention, Gwelden quickly bowed at the waist.

"Greetings your highness. I seem to have found a party of champions on my way here."

"Ah, Gwelden. Glad is my heart at the sight of you. Please rise as there is no need for such politeness amongst us."

""That may be the case your greatness but even a friend should show his respect for his leige. Especially when strangers are present," whispered the individual on the right side of Yorigal.

"Well no matter. As High King of Altab, I welcome and thank you for your arrival. I believe Arcadius has provided you with all the necessary details and marked you with my seal? If so, then please proceed to the armory and then then stable as time is short."

Ilriyn
2009-11-17, 08:09 PM
A thrill took hold of Larisa as the doors opened. As she surveyed the scene before her, she didn't know what to think of the high king. She would have expected a person of such importance to show off his wealth and power, but no where was this evidenced in the sparse chambers.

She watched Stormbale intensively, and she bowed deep when he did. She remained in this stance until King Yorigal addressed the group.

Rising in some confusion, but anxious to keep her manners, she said, "I thank you for your kind greeting and reception, your highness. I am Larisa, one of the volunteers who answered your call for a group of adventurers. I am afraid that your assistant was not able to furnish us with all the necessary details," She was about to say something regarding him being distracted by the golems attack, but decided that it would be best not to be the bearer of such news to the king at their first meeting.

After a small pause, she said, "We are anxious to be informed of the details of our mission, your highness."

Apoc Golem
2009-11-17, 09:04 PM
Amycus glanced at the floating cloud. Odd, he thought. I don't see anything burning. I wonder where that smoke is coming from.

Amycus nodded at Larisa's comments. "I would also care to know what, exactly, we are meant to do. So far, all I know is that I have been given a title. What is it we'll be doing as Seekers?"

Archangelat
2009-11-18, 03:30 PM
(I am going to wait to see if the others would like to post before moving on)

whoiam
2009-11-18, 03:38 PM
Gara trailed quietly behind the group into the King's chambers. There was no bow from her: She hadn't been brought up to do it. Sure, she could clearly see the others doing it, but their gesture just left her feeling a little bemused. So much so that she actually vocalised her mental shrug. "Huh." Then the two kings started talking.

But the others asked the same question she would have done, before she managed to come out with it. This was, she judged, probably a good thing.

The High King would likely be annoyed if she started talking. Most people who heard her voice were.

Sorry, that should have been posted last night

Archangelat
2009-11-19, 12:38 PM
Yorigal was taken slighlty aback by the information revealed to him by the party. Sensing the King's surprise, his attendant on the right leaned over and whispered in his ear.

(The below is only for Larisa and Gara)

"Mayhap Arcadius should be retired from his post if he is unable to perform even such minor tasks. I would gladly assume the responsibilities..."

With a wave of his hand, Yorigal seemed to have cut short the whisperings in his ear. Chuckling slightly the High King leaned back in the venerable oak chair to get comfortable as he answered the questions of the elf.

"Arcadius is more of a librarian and researcher than an assistant and judging by your news, it seems he would have made for a lousy assistant."

At this, King Strombale interceded with an explanation of his own.

"I am afraid I was to blame for that Sire. Arcadius had seemed so intruiged by one of the items that was discovered in the gifts sent to us by the Impris Empire that I felt it made only practical sense for me to guide these champions here so that he would be able to focus all his time on unraveling any hidden traps or secrets that lay within the gift wagon from Impris.

However, I was unaware of the secondary debriefing task of Arcadius and for that I am truely apologetic."

"Ah I see. Now I don't suppose that your decision had anything to do with the commotions of earlier this morning?" inquired Yorigal.

Slighlty taken aback for the speed at which news traveled to the High King, Strombale quickly recovered.

"By no means whatsoever your Highness. Arcadius current research has of only peripheral ties to the early training session."

"Training session indeed lord Strombale," hissed Yorigal's attendant. "The skirmish resulted in heavy damage to at least two of the new Imbris patrol golems! It will require a sizable amount of resources just to repair them to usable condition again."

"That is enough Chrotius. I am sure Gwelden had reason to allow for the incident to escalate to such levels, is that not correct?"

"Of course Sire. Having been informed of the Seekers by Arcadius previously, I wanted to ascertain the capabilities of this party as I would deem it a failure on my part if I were to stand by as untested warriors were sent on a missions of such high importance."

"There you have it Chrotius. Does the explanation satisfy you?"

"I am but a steward your Greatness. I only have your best interest in mind. If the answer pleases you then I have no complaint."

"Yes I think the explanation suffices. Now as for the mission at hand..."

"Sorry to interrupt again oh King of Kings but there is still the matter of the repair cost for the golems..."

"Which I will provide for seeing how it was my test in a manner of sorts," answered Strombale before the steward could finish.

"That is quite generous of you Gwelden and I thank you for your personal interest in this mission. Now, before I forget, I would first like to welcome and thank you all for heeding the call for help of your land."

Archangelat
2009-11-19, 12:51 PM
"Times are getting darker in this land. Due to the political pressures from Impris, we have recently curtailed the use of arcane magic heavily as you all know by my lastest edict.

Though trade relations with Impris has improved dramatically and the wealth of this land has profited handsomely from my difficult decision, there seems to have been some unforseen consequences as well.

As the magic of the land has been shipped off to Tolaris, races of old have started to disappear. Dwarves and elfs such as yourselves used to be in every five households but now your appearance may be the first for some citizens of the land in their entire life.

We do not know if the restraint on arcane magic has been the cause of this but we do know that the answer may be found in the Vale of Elendale that lies to the North of this court.

Now, before I proceed further, is there any questions?" asked Yorigal.

Apoc Golem
2009-11-19, 12:54 PM
Amycus followed the conversation for several moments in utter confusion until it finally dawned on him: the "training session" to which they were referring was the golem attack. He clenched his jaw in order to refrain from snapping something regrettable at Lord Strombale. Considering it was his own idiotic fault for rushing headlong into an armored construct and trying to wrestle it--despite the fact that it likely weighed thrice as much as himself--he really couldn't get into much of a tissy over it.

He nodded at the High King's statement and simply said, "You're welcome, sir."

After listening to the High King's words, Amycus cleared his throat. "Yes. What leads you to believe the problem is stemming from this Vale in particular?"

Averagedog
2009-11-19, 01:53 PM
Kangar listened intently to the conversation between the King and the High King then frowned when the lie was told.

It didn't happen that way...why is King Strombale protecting Amycus? Does he really think we need his protection? As far as I know the golems attacked us when Larisa was taking a closer look at the armor in the cart.... strange indeed.

Kangar wasn't a stranger to the various nuances of politics as he witnessed his prince do the same to protect the honor of a beleagured starving family, but this was different. King Strombale knows nothing of the group other than what was told to him. The seekers are not his subjects to control or benefit directly from, what could be the reason for his protection?

Kangar's senses came back to focus when he heard the High King ask for questions. He was about to say, "No your grace," but Amycus spoke before Kangar could.

The question was a good one, and it was one that Kangar should have thought of. Kangar mentally kicks himself for being too distracted from issues at hand.

Ilriyn
2009-11-19, 05:36 PM
Larisa listened silently as Yorigal, Stormbale, and Chrotius conversed. The politics of court were strange to her, though she had seen plenty of wheeling and dealing by the merchants of Tumult.

As the topic of the morning's commotion came up, Larisa shifted her weight back and forth in uneasiness. She was preparing for the worst when, unexpectedly, Stormbale came to her rescue. "Why would he be protecting me?" She thought, "It's not like the damage to the golems was entirely my fault, but why would he just assume the repair costs?"

As Yorigal continued his explanation about the mysterious disappearance of elves and dwarves, Larisa almost caught herself saying "good riddance", but stopped herself and instead asked, "How are we to be properly outfitted for our task?"

Archangelat
2009-11-19, 06:28 PM
"My words may have been unclear regarding the Vale. No accusation is alleged against the Vale itself.

Rather, it is my belief and that of Arcadius that Thalion Andur, the current Keeper of the Vale, may have knowledge of whether the decrease of arcana in Altab has any ties to the sudden decrease in the other races of the land.

Do not worry my fair child of the Evening Star. You will be given adaquate provisions for your task at hand, including food, equipment, means of travel and spending provisions."

At this last sentence, Chrotius winced and leaned over once more towards Yorigal.

(The below is for Gara and Kangar)

"Sire, our treasuries are running low. I do not believe we will have enough travel funds for the entire party."

"Use the repair fund we have set aside for this instead then."

"As you wish sire though I hope that no rain comes about soon."

Finished whispering to Chrotius, Yorigal once again addressed the party.

"Now if there is no further questions, Chrotius here will see to imbedding my seal into each of you. Afterwards, he will guide you to the courtyard where your supplies will be awaiting you.

I have assigned Alochius of Protia to serve as your guide into the Vale as its entry is quite elusive. Lastly, please take this map that Arcadius has created for all of you to use while traveling the lands."

(The new more detailed map may be found here (http://5549332340881362697-a-1802744773732722657-s-sites.googlegroups.com/site/dndcampaigns/home/altab/AltabZoom02.pdf?attachauth=ANoY7cqwTrhCwfNFLEfrukz xGoqar7CZ_K5C_aSTxVY319FU8Z5zaKbRANlvts7EvFNMQbOZJ 6rW66QYAT4sP0wQq_sE2m8_v6lRWfNCe5Fmr4yuj2qUPF6Aq1j rMZYojMAZDK2jVLLrvLG3UopjBzy8vFxxc8lz4TMVEjUbCRNka aq6WDtK0V0xlezuuFGZIuXqlo8HmFeYHyu1oQcg-VWs1gVlsFFZHw%3D%3D&attredirects=0))

Apoc Golem
2009-11-19, 08:09 PM
Amycus nodded. "I see. So we are to head there and ask this keeper of the Vale for knowledge and advice on the situation."

Diplomatic mission, Amycus thought with a mental grunt. Not really my preference, but perhaps I can keep myself out of more trouble this way. I certainly haven't been doing myself any favors jumping into fights lately.

"I need little in the way of provisions, save food and water and perhaps a mount for the journey, but my fellow Seekers will likely need some equipment, so I thank you in advance for whatever you can offer us." He turns to the others. "If no one else has questions, I think it best to be on our way. Certainly the High King must have other matters to attend to."

Much as he wanted to, he refrained from adding ... like bending over so his consorts can pucker up to his arse. He had no love for royalty, even polite royalty that was ever-so-kind enough to not throw them in prison for damaging golems that had attacked them in the first place. It was a great effort not to make a face as he watched Chrotius whisper in the High King's ear. He could practically smell the reek of sycophancy roiling off him.

The sooner we're on the road and getting this silly mission done with, the better, he thought. Besides, I want to get outside the city walls before some other young twit recognizes me and challenges me to a duel of fists. He didn't seem particularly keen to admit to himself he didn't have to accept such challenges. To do that would be to admit some level of blame for the boy...

Archangelat
2009-11-21, 11:50 AM
"Since it seems there are no more inquires, Chrotius, if you will."

"My pleasure your greatness!" exclaimed Chrotius as he bowed and retreated towards the party while facing the High King.

"Oh before you take leave, would you mind taking little Cumulus with you?" asked Yorigal indicating the floating cloud pet that was now taking a nap above the dwarf's head.

"He has been quite bored being cooped up in here and there is little arcane magic for him to be feeding on. I am sure he will be thrilled with the visit to the Vale."

(Once you guys agree or disagree, I will move you guys along to the next point).

Apoc Golem
2009-11-21, 02:48 PM
Amycus' brow furrowed. "Cumulus?" he thought. What in the Hells is he--? The thought was cut short when he finally noticed the "smoke cloud" had moved to the dwarf's head and was lightly snoring. And it had a face. Amycus' jaw slackened. How did I miss that?? he thought.

He shook his head. Arcana was simply something he would never understand. He followed Chrotius with the others, glad to at least be preparing for the journey. He wanted to be off with all haste.

whoiam
2009-11-21, 04:10 PM
"Sure."

It didn't take a lot of words to agree to take someone's pet along, and for that Gara was grateful. Not least because with the agreement, they could get moving - first, to where the weapons were, and second, to where she could escape from civilization and away from... what did they call it again?

...oh, yes. Etiquette.

Stupid sounding name for a system whereby you behaved as though you were sitting on a spear which got jabbed into your rear every time you said something someone else might not like. It just made you soft, living like that...

Archangelat
2009-11-21, 09:47 PM
After agreeing to proctor the High Kings pet on the trip to Elendale, the party soon found themselves outside the King's study chamber.

As soon as the doors where closed, Chrotius turned towards the party and hissed:

"Stay here. I will be back with someone to lead the lot of you to where you need to be."

The curmudgeon quickly shuffled off as if he was afraid his brain would shrink every second that he had to spend with the party of commoners. Upon passing the guards, he briefly paused to whisper something to them.

(The below is for Gara and Larisa only)

"Watch them and make sure they don't take anything. With the likes of them, I wouldn't be surprised if that peasant of a wench robs this place blind!

Make sure you don't get distracted by that tramp of an elf either. Earn your pay for once instead of thinking about what's in your pants the whole time."

Both guards were stoic as they listened to Chrotius. However, as soon as the High Steward left their presence, both guards threw daggers at his back with their eyes.

While the guards were fantasizing of tortures for the old man, a mumbled heated conversation could be heard from the other side of the chamber doors.

Taking the opportunity to look around while the guards were preoccupied, Gara managed to spot an oddity in the north corner of the wall. It appeared almost as if the west wall did not quite touch the north wall.

whoiam
2009-11-22, 05:46 AM
Gara waited a minute for Chrotius to get out of earshot before speaking again. Not to her comrades, nor to the king's pet, but to the pair of guards. They and she seemed to share a similar opinion of the departing functionary.

"He's got such a lovely whisper voice, hasn't he? I'm not entirely sure I can shout that loud..." A little laughter - that, at least, Gara was good at - before she continued "I don't suppose we're anywhere near his chambers, are we? I have this sudden and *completely unexpected* urge to rob some sort of... whatever his position title is... blind. What a lovely turn of phrase he has. Makes it sound as though I was going to steal his eyes. Shame there's no black market for eye of ass, isn't it?"

Averagedog
2009-11-22, 03:19 PM
Kangar's jaw line tightened as he considered the things he has heard. The kingdom is not doing too well and even lacks funds for needed maintenance on palace guards. That sleezebag of an advisor isn't too useful either by his reckoning. The King must keep him around for a reason though....

Kangar's gloomy thoughts were interrupted by the King's pet, which appeared to decide that his head was a bed. Kangar didn't like it, but he's been around enough magic to know that this thing doesn't mean harm...yet. Knowing that darkish gray clouds can produce lightning, Kangar started wishing fervently that he learned the Dragon Shaman aura of elemental resistance. Afterall his patron dragon was a bronze, known for their lightning attacks and their tolerance to the energy as well.

Kangar followed the rest of the party in silence not really wanting to say anything the advisor could use against him while in earshot. He fervently hoped that the king had a good shield and hammer in the armory for his use, he has been feeling quite naked without familiar weaponry.

((this week will not yield that many posts from me, I will do my best to produce at least one post per day however))

Apoc Golem
2009-11-22, 03:37 PM
Amycus raised an eyebrow at Gara's conversation with the guards. He had no idea what the adviser had said, but it must have been unpleasant judging by Gara's reaction. He chuckled at her mention of "eye of ass." Though personally, the adviser reminded him more of a weasel than a pack animal.

Ilriyn
2009-11-22, 05:43 PM
Larisa sighed briefly as she overheard Chrotius's comments. She really was beginning to despise the guy. "Well, we'll be leaving soon; and hopefully he won't be coming with us", She thought.

The tiny cloud on the other hand, was interesting. Not to mention cute. Though currently, it seemed to be fine flying around Kangar's head. Kangar didn't seem to be enjoying it too much though, Larisa chuckled to herself, "What, does he think that it will attack him or something?"

Archangelat
2009-11-23, 07:16 PM
Gara's words struck a harmonious tone with the two guards as they have had to endure verbal pot shots of the High Steward for years now.

"Hehehe, yea must be cuz his hearing is giving out. Heck I'm surprised that old bag of dust and fart is still able to talk and walk."

"Bah, he's still a young sprig compared to Arcadius though."

"Yea maybe so but Arcadius is just a bit long winded. The oh mighty High Steward is just a nasty old piece of..."

"Careful now, you don't know who's listening in these days."

"Yea, yea. As for your question..." here the guard took a pause as he did not realize how attractive Gara was. By the sound of her words, he had initially taken her for a lowly farm wench.

"Um...so as I was saying, I wish I did but only the High King himself and maybe Arcadius knows of that."

Moments later, Chrotius returned with a every deepening scowl upon his face (as if that was possible).

"Well I can't find that leech of a farmer so it looks like I'll have to lead you all over to the armory. What a waste of..."

"Actually your High Stewardness, I wouldn't mind showing them the way."

Looking over the guard with distaste in his eyes, Chrotius spat out his reply.

"Hmph. I guess even you can't mess up that task. So be it and don't tally on the way there!" hissed the crumageon as he slithered out of sight.

As the guard walked them over to the armory, Gara noticed his attempts to look away whenever she caught him stealing glances at her.

"Okay we are here and it seems Alochius is here as well. Hey there Alochius, these be the new Seekers! They are in need of some fitting equipment before they head on off!

Well Miss, it was nice meeting you and I wish you and the others best of luck. And, um...you know if you ever get the chance to swing back around here some time and your stomach is complaining, I know a great place that serves fresh bear steaks...I mean if you are into that kinda' food I mean..."

"Greetings, mighty Seekers! I am Alochius but before we go through the formalities of getting to know each other better, why don't you all tell me what it is that you will be needing before we head off to Elendale together?"

Apoc Golem
2009-11-24, 03:32 AM
Amycus scratched the stubble on his chin thoughtfully. "I'm not much for the heavy stuff," he said finally. "A sturdy gauntlet, preferably spiked, just in case. And perhaps a dagger. As for other sundries, rations for the journey and a waterskin, flint and steel for a fire. And perhaps a spare bedroll, if you have one. I believe that's all for me." He looked to the others, waiting for them to put in their requests.

whoiam
2009-11-24, 06:40 AM
To the guard: "I used to hunt my own, actually. Kind of hard to do in a city, though." She actually flashed him a smile. Anyone that offered her things for free touched the softest of spots in Gara's heart.

Of course, she didn't mean she used to solo bears. Just that she hunted them. She did the finding, her fellow hunters did the killing. Everyone was happy, 'cept for the bear.

To Alochius: "Bow. Repeating Crossbow if you've got one, long or short bow otherwise. Swords. Either two or two bladed. Lockpicks. Camping gear. Leather Armor." Pause for breath, and for thought. Had she forgotten anything?

...oh, yes. "And some rope."

Averagedog
2009-11-24, 01:50 PM
" Greetings Alochius, the names Kangar Thunderfist, I am well versed in combat with the warhammer and heavy shield, though I doubt ye have a spiked heavy shield available for use. As for armor I wore dwarf sized breastplate"

Kangar pauses for a moment as if considering something. He took out his fingers and started counting off items he had on some kind of memorized list.

"If ye have a light crossbow and some spare quarrels, that would be nice too. As for camping equipment, It would be nice if we had a compass of some sort in addition to bedrolls, torches, some lamp oil, flint and tinder, backpacks, rations, some waterskins, and lastly, we need a long pole of some sort to help us navigate the deepness of rivers and swampy areas. If ye have any, I would also like some iron spikes."

Ilriyn
2009-11-24, 08:30 PM
Larisa smiled and said, "Nice to meet you Alochius, my name is Larisa. I don't need much in the way of weaponry, a small knife would satisfy my material needs. I do typically wear light armor though." The next part she says a little more quickly, "I saw some elven light armor in one of the carts outside, Arcadius went to inspect it. P-perhaps I could be outfitted with that set?"

Resuming in her normal tone, she says, "As far as other gear goes, all I would need is your basic camping loadout, a pack, bedroll, flint and steel, trail rations and a canteen, and perhaps some rope and a torch."

Apoc Golem
2009-11-24, 10:29 PM
Amycus cleared his throat, feeling rather stupid. "Ah, yes. I'll take some torches as well. Four should be plenty." He hadn't thought of a long pole, though he supposed he should have. He was an atrocious tactician. He didn't seem to notice that he'd neglected to introduce himself a second time.

Archangelat
2009-11-25, 12:24 PM
Alochius scrambled about getting the materials ready for the four adventurers. While he was bustling from rack to rack, his bald head gleamed with enthusiasm as he quipped.

"I was getting quite bored waiting for them to find someone to accompany me to the Vale. After a bit I almost thought of just taking my chances by myself and behold just when I was...hm...no crossbows I'm afraid.

So as I was saying, when the four of you showed up just now I was mightly pleased that old man Yorigal decided to send such a mighty group to escort me to the vale.

Not sure about this compass business you are talking about. Well I've been able to find most of what you be needing though we will need to go to the stables in a bit to get a horse or two.

Now as for this armor you have been asking about, I hate to disappoint such a lovely creature as yourself but I do not know of it."

Seeing the disappointment on the elf's face, Alochius quickly amended his prior remark.

"Well, I did hear about a tournament that is being held for the High King's warriors. It seems Arcadius has had time to look through all the items that Impris had sent over in their gift cart though if you ask me, it was more a cart of arcane infested items that they didn't want to be associated with.

So as I was saying, some of the less valued and bulkier items are being put up as tournament prizes. There is an entrance fee of course and some of the contestants are quite competent if I say so myself.

In fact, I believe lord Gwelden and his retainers might be participating as well. The tournament is limited to the highest trained warriors in the King's service but seeing how you four are now under the King's service, I see no reason as to why you can't join if you wanted to.

So as I was saying, if you four care to, I would be happy to escort you all to the tournament grounds."

(Please check your character sheets to see what items you were able to get).

Apoc Golem
2009-11-25, 03:00 PM
Amycus' eyes lit up like a kid in a candy shop. "Tournament?" he said with barely contained desire. "Lead the way!"

Only after he'd said it did he stop to think that the group may not wish to partake, but then he shrugged it off. He wasn't beholden to these people, not really. Besides, he was keen to see what Gwelden was made of in the arena.

A little voice tickled in the back of his head. Stop, you fool! You'll draw unwanted attention to yourself! Do you want more instances like the boy??

Amycus quickly pushed it aside. If the fighers were as skilled as this man said, Amycus likely wouldn't get past the first or second round. No need to worry about fame and fortune if you don't even make it to third tier fights. Besides, he so ached for a battle...

Ilriyn
2009-11-25, 04:17 PM
Larisa's eyes lit up as Alochius informed them of the tournament. She was always in a mood to show off her skills, and there was the possibility of prizes...

"Thank you, Alochius, for the equipment, I'm sure it will come in handy on our journey." She says with a smile, "I am also very interested in this tournament, though I would like to know the rules and provisions for injury."

Averagedog
2009-11-25, 06:12 PM
"We've got a job ta do Seekers," Kangar said being the killjoy this time around, "While a tournament does sound interesting" *as Kangar receives his breastplate* "It does not bring us closer to the goals given to us by the High King. We are not here for personal glory, but to serve the nations that have bestowed this responsibility upon us! and besides" Kangar huffed, "What makes ya think that we can take on the most highly trained warriors the king has ta offer? We don't know the combat style of the other very well. We act without cohesion or order on the battlefield. Going on the road set out for us will give us time to get to know each other's skills."

whoiam
2009-11-25, 06:24 PM
"Besides which, I for one have no interest in such a spectacle. If something is worth fighting over, then don't fight fair. If it isn't, then don't bother. There are better uses of our time than perpetuating such a... fallacy."

Gara's upbringing had left her bereft of entertaining tournaments, which is why it simply didn't occur to her that the others might be interested because they found it fun. For her, combat skills were what you needed to live long enough to enjoy yourself, not something that you enjoyed in and of itself.

If they expect us to jump through hoops to get decent equipment then they're obviously not that concerned with our chance of success. So we may as well get on with failing.

"Oh... nice swords." Aliochus deserved some praise for doing a decent job of outfitting them.

Apoc Golem
2009-11-25, 07:27 PM
Amycus shrugged, ignoring Kangar's admonishments about duty. "Very well then," he said to Kangar and Gara. "You go on ahead with Alochius. I'll catch up." He turned to Alochius. "Which way to this tournament?"

Archangelat
2009-11-25, 10:24 PM
(So I take it then Amycus and Larisa are going to the tournament and the other two will start the journey to Elendale with Aliochus?)

Apoc Golem
2009-11-27, 11:46 AM
(If Larisa decides not to, Amycus will probably feel guilty for staying behind and go with the party, but otherwise yes. He'll fight in the tournament.)

Ilriyn
2009-11-27, 11:50 AM
(Larisa will go to the tournament. She would feel confident that she could catch up with the rest of the party later.)

Archangelat
2009-11-29, 01:58 AM
For Larisa and Amycus

Very intrigued by the tournament, Larisa and Amycus followed Alochius to the tournament grounds.

"Well here you are. Over there is one of the tournament coordinators, he should be able to help the two of you with the specifics. I will be heading off to the stable to make sure that all the gear gets packed properly."

As the Amycus and the elf proceed towards the entrance, shouts of joy could be heard amongst the groans and wails of disappointment and failure. In the background of the clashing of metals and cheers was the harping of vendors and with their respective haggling customers.

"Welcome one and all. Pit your strength against some of the best warriors in the land! Only 10 GP per event!" shouted the tournament coordinator at the top of his lungs.

Seeing the two strangers, he is temporarily taken aback by the beauty of the elf and then again when he spots her wings. Quickly recovering from the visual stun, he hollers at Larisa:

"Hey there beautiful! Care to enter your lover boy?"

Turning to Amycus, the coordinator continues his selling pitch:

"So how about it sir? I can tell you are quite a lucky man to be with such a gorgeous creature but it's going to take more than a bit of luck in the tournament. You think you are man enough? It's okay if you want to pass as I am sure there are plenty in here that are happy to show your fine companion here what a real man looks like," cackled the coordinator in an attempt to goad Amycus into joining the tournament.

For Gara and Kantar

While waiting for their fellow party members to return, Gara and Kantar spot the guard that had led them to the armory running down the path only a few yards from them.

The guard looks very distressed and seems to be searching for someone or something.

Averagedog
2009-11-29, 10:45 AM
"Ye looking fer us?" Kangar asked the approaching guard, "We left ye not long ago. What seems to be the problem?."

Kangar watched the man with interest. Whatever was happening, it must have been very big.

((Is the cloud still on Kangar's head?))

whoiam
2009-11-29, 10:52 AM
Falling in behind Kangar (more metaphorically than anything, she knew she wouldn't have felt comfortable about having a stranger drawing a large sword behind *her* back) Gara just eases her new swords loose in their scabbards. Best to be prepared, after all, and agitated guards usually meant trouble.

...Especially if I'm the one who agitated them...

Archangelat
2009-11-29, 01:17 PM
For Gara and Kantar:

Hearing the hail of the dwarf, the guard stopped in his tracks with such haste that you could almost hear screech marks.

"I must be very lucky today that you guys are still here, but what has happened to the rest of your party?"

(Yes, the cloud is still there. It is snoozing but wakes and moves with you when you move.)

Averagedog
2009-11-30, 12:26 PM
"They left ta participate in some kind of tournament, we are going ahead ta the valley ta make some head way on our mission" Kangar said more than a little annoyed that they were enticed to deviate from the quest laid out for them. Time could be of the essence and he did not want to waste it. He itched his head right beneath the cloud, not really willing to test his luck in touching the damnable thing...Now if only he could find a good helmet to wear on top of it.

Apoc Golem
2009-11-30, 02:21 PM
Amycus raised an eyebrow but otherwise ignored the barker's goading, simply counting out ten gold and handing it to the man. "Here you are. I believe the lady will be entering as well," he added, nodding his head in Larisa's direction.

((Sorry, I typed a post earlier but I hit preview post and then forgot to actually post it. :smallbiggrin:))

Ilriyn
2009-11-30, 05:27 PM
Larisa tosses her head at the coordinator's comments, but not without a small smile quickly playing across her face. She waited as Amycus talked to the coordinator, and watched as he payed. She was a little surprised that he entered so quickly, but then again, he seemed to have a habit of rushing into things.

"Yes, I am interested in entering." She said to the coordinator, "But I would like to know of any rules first, and also, arrangements for injury. Also, I hope there are provisions for ranged combat. I don't think I'd be able to resist someone like him," She gestures at Amycus, "in a physical fight for long." She says with a slight grin.

OOC: Sorry for being lax in my posting the past few days. I should be more available from now on.

Archangelat
2009-11-30, 08:29 PM
For Gara and Kantar

"Oh I see. Well since it seems you are to be awaiting a bit as I know the tournament is going to take awhile, I was wondering if the two of you would be kind enough to lend me a hand?

You see, since most of the guards are at the tournament, there is no one around other than myself and two other guards that have the fighting skills and battle tactics to assist with possible robbery in the city.

Usually, the three of us should be enough but it seems these robbers are a bit odd and have some unusual talents so I figured what better aid than that of the soon to be legendary Seekers?"

For Larisa and Amycus

"Only 10 gp? I think you are confused. The tournament consists of 5 different events: archery, wrestling, decathlon, riddle challenge, and tag team combat. The last placed in each event gets 0 points, the second to last gets one point and so on with the first person getting n-1 points where n is equal to the number of contestants for that event.

The 15 individuals with the highest point totals are entered into the Maze challenge with the top five getting prizes. First place of the Maze challenge gets the first pick of the prizes and so on.

Thus, if you want to have a real shot, I suggest you might want to consider entering all five events."

Averagedog
2009-11-30, 09:50 PM
"Hmmm.....we do have a mission at hand good guard....how long will this take and if it aint long, if you provide me with a nice heavy club or better yet a warhammer you've got a dwarf at your side unless of course if my companion here thinks we should move on quickly."

Kangar was a bit surprised ad the guard's request seeing as he was just on his way to go on the quest given by the king with Gara, but guarding a bank for a day does seem like the thing an honorable seeker would do... maybe those rogues will have a clue as to the dark mischief that is happening.

Ilriyn
2009-11-30, 11:27 PM
Larisa turned towards Amycus after the coordinator finished talking. Talking quietly, she said, "So what do you think? It sounds doable, though it would be expensive. I know I could place well in the archery contest, and you seem perfectly able to knock out any of these brutes in the wrestling match." She said, slightly gesturing towards his bulging muscles. "Though I doubt that I'd do nearly so well in that category, most of these men would probably be able to sling me over their shoulders almost effortlessly. You would do well at the decathlon, while I think I have a fair chance at the riddle contest. We might also make a pretty good team for the tag-team contest..."

whoiam
2009-12-01, 03:40 AM
Gara's hands were visible shaking at this point. "Banks?" she asked.

This request was the equivalent of asking a recovering alcoholic to help guard a brewery.

"I mean... not that this request isn't noble and all, but I'm really not the one to guard... banks..." Gara was blushing and her voice was slipping down to lower and lower volumes, and it was something of a struggle for her to keep talking. Sections of her brain dedicated solely to intrusion and larceny were trying to make themselves known. Luckily, they weren't the strongest impulses she had... but they were still pretty close. "I suppose... it may not hurt for us to give them a look over, at least..." By this point the words were essentially dragging themselves out of her lips one by one...

Averagedog
2009-12-01, 08:40 AM
Kangar nodded towards Garra with sympanthy totally misunderstanding her trepidation on the matter.

"Its ok, with meself and this guard at your side, you have nothing to worry about. We will keep the bank safe until the tournament is over."

((if the cloud is a permanent cute sidekick, I'd like it to briefly wake up and idk make a sound as if in agreement for its sillyness for existing))

Apoc Golem
2009-12-01, 11:26 AM
Amycus' eyebrows raised almost imperceptibly at Larisa's comment toward the barker. His jaw clenched and he muttered under his breath. Greedy bastards, he thought dourly. I should have known there would be some money-siphoning catch. Was all this worth the last of his money? He shouldn't have even been entering in the first place. He knew the dangers if he did well. But... But such a challenge, unmet? The very idea made him cringe... He muttered a few more moments before shoving his entire coin purse in the barker's hands. "There's forty in there. It bloody well better be worth it."

whoiam
2009-12-01, 11:31 AM
Quietly, Gara addressed her colleague. "Kangar, I do not think you truly understand. I am a bandit... or was. Banks effectively ungarded are, to me, the ultimate temptation. Whatever the need for guards, I cannot help but think that they would be safer were I somewhere far away."

What hadn't yet occured to Gara is that she'd just admitted to actually being an outlaw in front of a guardsman. Hopefully, he wouldn't be in a hanging mood right now... even better, he may not have been paying attention to her urgent whispering...

Averagedog
2009-12-04, 01:37 PM
Kangar went silent and turned towards Gara. His eyes wide incredulously.

"You were a bandit? How were you chosen to become a Seeker then?"

His eyes narrowed as he processed the thought. Bandits in the Halls of Vallia usually have their hands chopped off or are alternatively sent to labor camps to pay for the things they stole, but this is the surface world with different rules and customs.

With a decidedly cool attitude Kangar looked straight into Gara's eyes and said,

"I suppose it doesn't matter now. The past is the past and I hold no authority to punish or judge you by the customs of me kin. We've only just begun our quest and I believe it is best to keep moving forward, perhaps with time the sins of your banditry could be replaced by your actions in the future."

Archangelat
2009-12-05, 01:03 AM
For Amycus and Larisa

"Ah of course it be worth it, that is if you are as mighty of champions as you seem to be. I personally always consider such entry fees as investments," answered the coordinator.

"Now please select which event you will be joining first. Depending on what time you join a certain event, you might face more or less competition."

(You two can join separate events if you want to except for the tag team event. However, you might also consider joining the events together for strategic purposes.)

For Gara and Kangar:

The guard seems to not have heard the whispers of Gara and Kangar as he was only too happy with their agreement of assistance that he had proceeded to gather more information about the robbery in progress.

"I am so relieved to have both of your presences with us," stated the guard with a smile at Gara.

"It seems the robbers are after part of the gifts that the Impris Empire had sent us. The gifts are powerful from what I know so please make haste to get ready and depart as we do not know who or what we are facing yet."

The tension in the guard's voice seemed to have awoken the little cloud. Blinking away the remaining sleep, Cumulus radiated brightly as if the sun had just risen.

(Feel free to ask the guard any question you may have. Otherwise, do whatever it is you need to get ready to depart.)

whoiam
2009-12-05, 09:22 AM
"I was chosen to become a seeker after a competition. It was a tracking competition - follow the tracks of a guardsman through a field strewn with traps. The person who manages it in the fastest time and with the fewest injuries was recommended to go on to be a seeker. It turns out that all that time I spent playing around with traps and trails as a child was useful to someone after all. But this? It is my vice, Kangar, and just as I try to make a living without it the world conspires to force it back in my face." Still, she seemed to have mostly regained her composure, and everything she'd need for battle was on her - the light armor, the two swords, they were all there.

"Let us get this over with."

Averagedog
2009-12-05, 09:53 AM
Kangar turns back to the guard and asks,

"Might you have a shield or a warhammer that I may borrow for this task? Your quartermaster gave me armor and not much else besides the regular survival gear."

Ilriyn
2009-12-05, 11:54 AM
Turning back to the barker, Larisa handed him 40 coins. "That will sign me up for all the event except for wrestling. If I find that I need more points later on, I'll come back and pay for the wrestling event. As far as what order I want to do the events in, it doesn't matter to me. I think it might be smart to team up a little, so I'll do whatever he does first."

Archangelat
2009-12-06, 06:55 PM
For Gara and Kantar

"Warhammer? Hm...I think there might be a few left over in the guard's room as some paladins have retired their old gear."

The guard's equipment room seemed to be more of a storage closet than an organized holding of weaponry. After rummaging for a good while, the guard was came back to Kantar with a look of surprise.

"Hm..., this is unexpected, there seems to be an old Dwarven waraxe lying about. Might be a left over from one of King Smolt's visit."

(Please feel free to post any additional questions. If not, I will be fast forwarding you guys a bit. Larissa, once Amycus posts, then I will continue on as I do not know which event you guys are going with first.)

Averagedog
2009-12-06, 09:26 PM
Kangar's eyes narrow, it seemed like the universe was making it difficult for him at that moment. It would have been so easy to travel back a few weeks to catch up with the caravan that brought him here and retrieve his gear, but being a "diplomat" at the time he was forbidden to bring his weapon or his armor to the capitol for whatever reason. He sighed deeply.

"Alright, I'll take whatevah you have. We should probably get going" Kangar said hefty the axe with both hands. He inspected the weapon closely grimacing at the amount of dust on it. He reached into his pack and got a polishing cloth out and starts cleaning it as the group moves to the next destination.

Apoc Golem
2009-12-07, 12:21 AM
Amycus nodded. "I agree. I care little for the order, and we may as well do the events at the same time, more or less. I will enter the wrestling event last, however, as it seems it will be the only event the lady will not be entering for the time being."

Averagedog
2009-12-14, 01:12 PM
((Is this thing dead or what? *Pokes threadpossum with a stick* It appears archangelot hasn't made a post since the 8th(I checked his profile). this leads me to believe that either he lost internet access or something terrible must have happened.))

Apoc Golem
2009-12-14, 02:03 PM
((Let's hope it was the former and that we'll be hearing from him soon.))