PDA

View Full Version : Just a couple random questions.

Vizzerdrix
2009-11-14, 02:42 PM
1-Can a warforged (using flaws) have more than one of the Body feats? I can see most of them not working together, but what about mithral and psiforged body?

2-Is their some way for a paladin to get a dinosaur for a mount?

3-Is it just me, or did WotC "borrow" alot of their splatbook crunch from 3rd party books?

Altair_the_Vexed
2009-11-14, 02:55 PM
1-Can a warforged (using flaws) have more than one of the Body feats? I can see most of them not working together, but what about mithral and psiforged body?

3-Is it just me, or did WotC "borrow" alot of their splatbook crunch from 3rd party books?
1 - Um... dunno. Not familiar with Eberon.
2 - Yes. Ask the DM.
3 - There are only so many ideas and stories in the world. I doubt WotC could be convicted of IP violations...

Starbuck_II
2009-11-14, 03:05 PM

Technically, yes as dinos are animals.
The DMG: pg 204 has suggestions for this. It is based on the mounts CR/HD/abilities.
What kind of dinosuar?

Vizzerdrix
2009-11-14, 03:14 PM
I'm not sure. I've always been a big fan of the stegosaurus and ankylosaurus.

hehe. Dino Riders:smalltongue:

ranagrande
2009-11-14, 04:00 PM
I have found that it works fairly well to allow a Paladin to have pretty much any mount that a Druid could have as an animal companion, at the same level.

Vizzerdrix
2009-11-14, 04:12 PM
Darn. Looking at the mount rules, The CR should be at least 3 levels behind the character, +1 if it has something special going for it. So the Ankylosaurus should be available by level 11 (cr7, +1 for being huge and awesome). Our group never gets past level 8 :smallfrown:

PairO'Dice Lost
2009-11-14, 04:25 PM

Nothing in the rules prevents this, though of course most of them would override one another. Whether a DM will disallow it will vary from group to group; I had a warforged soulknife in the last campaign with both Adamantine Body and Psiforged, and it worked out just fine, but your DM might have other ideas.