PDA

View Full Version : Stashing messy log of character development questions here.

DracoDei
2009-11-14, 06:43 PM
[17:52] DracoCharacterDevelopment: Why is your character's alignment what it is? Genetic racial predisposition? Upbringing/Childhood? Experiences after leaving the den (perhaps litterally in some of your cases)?
[17:53] DracoCharacterDevelopment: What is the most likely way your characters alignment could change slowly over time, rather than by some personally catastrophic event?
[17:53] DracoCharacterDevelopment: The third axis of alignment may or may not be useful...
[17:54] Remus: Third axis?
[17:54] DracoCharacterDevelopment: Sidenote: Your character's actions define their alignment, not vise-versa.
[17:55] Spheniscine: What's the third axis?
[17:56] * Spheniscine has never done "deep" fiction before... X3
[17:57] Spheniscine: That's more my sister's arena... she has written fanfic for Popcap games... :p
[17:57] DracoCharacterDevelopment: Well, here is a random page I found that might or might not be helpful in general http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=1196.0;wap2 but the original "Third Axis of Alignment " thread is here: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/printthread.php?t=55828
[17:58] Remus: oh, i remember seeing this
[17:59] DracoCharacterDevelopment: Why is your character the class they are? Forced into it by family? Lifelong dream fullfilled after much striving? It pays good? It seemed like a good idea at the time? Saw a social need for more of those types and stepped up to fill it? Ordered by villiage elders? Zapped by a magical artifact and woke up knowing Kung Fu? (If you use that last one it better be GOOD.)
[18:00] Remus: hehe
[18:00] DracoCharacterDevelopment: HEre is a furry specific one: What is your character's attitude towards clothing and why?
[18:01] DracoCharacterDevelopment: Siblings (number, genders, and your place in the birth order)? Relationship with parents? Relationship with siblings?
[18:02] DracoCharacterDevelopment: Personal grudges/crusades? (For instance IRL I intend to make people "wake up and THINK")
[18:04] DracoCharacterDevelopment: Remus and Spheniscine: How did your characters come to pick each of their specific optional spells/maneuvers/stances? What was the first one they ever learned? (Zeroth level spell for Remus, a stance or 1st level maneuver for Spheniscine).
[18:04] * Spheniscine scratches his headfur
[18:05] *** Remus has signed off IRC (Client closed the connection).
[18:05] DracoCharacterDevelopment: All: Who were your teachers in your class skills? How do you get along with them, both during your training, especially the initial portion of it, and now that you have been away for a while? Or ARE you away?
[18:05] Spheniscine: I know my character will hate clothes... my fursona only wears clothes when not RPing. X3
[18:06] DracoCharacterDevelopment: Di9relda: You still need to pick your first favored enemy... and the WHY behind that choice could be important.
[18:07] DracoCharacterDevelopment: To character development I mean.
[18:07] DracoCharacterDevelopment: Did you have a question Spheniscine?
[18:08] DracoCharacterDevelopment: And would it help y'all to see the in-depth backgrounds of Gauss and/or Barnard?
[18:08] Spheniscine: It's just... a lot to think about. Like I said, I never done deep fiction before. X3
[18:10] *** Remus_ has joined #DracoD&D.
[18:10] DracoCharacterDevelopment: Well, you actually couldn't do much worse than my now-landlord...
[18:11] Remus_: what i miss?
[18:11] DracoCharacterDevelopment: Your effort will reward you based on how much you put into it.
[18:11] *** Remus_ is now known as Remus.
[18:11] *** Remus has signed off IRC (Changing hosts).
[18:11] *** Remus has joined #DracoD&D.
[18:11] DracoCharacterDevelopment: What was the last thing you saw?
[18:12] Remus: Zeroth level spell for Remus, a stance or 1st level maneuver for Spheniscine).
[18:12] DracoCharacterDevelopment: 18:05] DracoCharacterDevelopment: All: Who were your teachers in your class skills? How do you get along with them, both during your training, especially the initial portion of it, and now that you have been away for a while? Or ARE you away?
[18:12] DracoCharacterDevelopment: [18:05] Spheniscine: I know my character will hate clothes... my fursona only wears clothes when not RPing. X3
[18:06] DracoCharacterDevelopment: Di9relda: You still need to pick your first favored enemy... and the WHY behind that choice could be important.
[18:07] DracoCharacterDevelopment: To character development I mean.
[18:13] DracoCharacterDevelopment: 18:07] DracoCharacterDevelopment: Did you have a question Spheniscine?
[18:08] DracoCharacterDevelopment: And would it help y'all to see the in-depth backgrounds of Gauss and/or Barnard?
[18:08] Spheniscine: It's just... a lot to think about. Like I said, I never done deep fiction before. X3
[18:13] DracoCharacterDevelopment: ((You are now caught up))
[18:13] * Remus nods
[18:13] DracoCharacterDevelopment: Spheniscine: But you can feel free to remind me not to get on your case about the quality of your work...
[18:14] DracoCharacterDevelopment: Anyway, my landlord had been roleplaying for DECADES...
[18:15] Spheniscine: lol
[18:15] DracoCharacterDevelopment: When his character was asked what he wanted in a spouse, he said "I am looking for a political marriage."... which is FINE, but that quest for powere was one of the MOST defining aspects about the character.
[18:15] Spheniscine: lol
[18:16] DracoCharacterDevelopment: Just chime in if you want me to cut and paste my own character backgrounds (or maybe put them up on ottercomics...
[18:16] Spheniscine: Sure.
[18:16] Spheniscine: Put them up on ottercomics, and send me the link.
[18:16] Spheniscine: I'll read them when I get the time.
[18:18] DracoCharacterDevelopment: Remus: Does your character know that Artillery Mages even exist? If so, how sure is he that he wants to be one? IS he currently planning on being one even? How great will his sense of accomplishment be when he gets the first and also the second level of that prestige class be?
[18:18] DracoCharacterDevelopment: brb
[18:20] DracoCharacterDevelopment: Back
[18:23] DracoCharacterDevelopment: ]Hmmm.... looks like the version of Gauss I found was incomplete...
[18:23] DracoCharacterDevelopment: VERY incomplete...
[18:23] DracoCharacterDevelopment: Drat...
[18:23] DracoCharacterDevelopment: Here it is FWIW: http://forums.ottercomics.us/index.php?showtopic=649
[18:25] DracoCharacterDevelopment: Barnard: http://forums.ottercomics.us/index.php?showtopic=650
[18:26] DracoCharacterDevelopment: Incidently: Don't overuse tragedy....
[18:27] DracoCharacterDevelopment: Barnard has a very specific reason why he needs to have a tragic background.... it explains why he was depressed enough to volenteer for a "suicide mission" that turned out to be the magical experiment that turned him into a dragon.
[18:27] *** You have been disconnected. Sat Nov 14 18:27:40 2009.
[18:27] *** You have been disconnected. Sat Nov 14 18:27:47 2009.
[18:27] * DracoCharacterDevelopment tries to think of more questions.
[18:28] *** Nickname already in use. Please choose another (/nick {name}).
[18:29] *** You have been disconnected. Sat Nov 14 18:29:00 2009.
[18:29] *** Nickname already in use. Please choose another (/nick {name}).
[18:29] *** Automatically rejoining channel...
[18:29] *** DracoTemp has joined #DracoD&D.
[18:29] *** #DracoD&D: WagzBot DracoTemp Direlda Spheniscine Remus
[18:29] *** DracoTemp is now known as DracoDei.
[18:29] *** DracoCharacterDevelopment: No such nick/channel.
[18:29] DracoCharacterDevelopment: What was the last thing everyone saw before I lost connection?
[18:29] Remus: [15:26] <DracoCharacterDevelopment> Incidently: Don't overuse tragedy....
[18:30] DracoCharacterDevelopment: Barnard has a very specific reason why he needs to have a tragic background.... it explains why he was depressed enough to volenteer for a "suicide mission" that turned out to be the magical experiment that turned him into a dragon.
[18:30] * DracoCharacterDevelopment tries to think of more questions.
[18:30] DracoCharacterDevelopment: How animalistic is your character?
[18:30] DracoCharacterDevelopment: How stereotyped?
[18:31] DracoCharacterDevelopment: Spheniscine: Are you looking forward to reguritating a meal to your child?
[18:31] DracoCharacterDevelopment: Remus: Do dogs make you nervous?
[18:31] Spheniscine: lol
[18:31] DracoCharacterDevelopment: Spheniscine: Do you ever get the urge to chase a cat-girl up a tree?
[18:31] Direlda: heh
[18:31] Spheniscine: Nah. Don't have enough penguin to regurgitate. X3
[18:31] DracoCharacterDevelopment: Spheniscine: What about a regular cat?
[18:32] DracoCharacterDevelopment: Speaking of which, are any of your characters married?
[18:32] Spheniscine: =/
[18:32] DracoCharacterDevelopment: Are they wanting to be?
[18:32] DracoCharacterDevelopment: What do they want in a spouse?
[18:32] DracoCharacterDevelopment: Children?
[18:33] DracoCharacterDevelopment: ((IE number, including zero))