PDA

View Full Version : Do you prefer Haley's hair short or long?

Mr. Versipellis
2009-11-14, 07:37 PM
I hate short hair on women, so I'd say long... I loved how she used to look. :smallannoyed:

Berserk Monk
2009-11-14, 07:39 PM
I hate short hair on women, so I'd say long... I loved how she used to look. :smallannoyed:

I actually prefer all the character's look before they got their recent costume/art upgrade.

Sewblon
2009-11-14, 07:41 PM
I like the way it looked before much better, same with her outfit.

Morquard
2009-11-14, 07:51 PM
Short hair on a woman can look great, but too short that it looks boyish I don't like.
So in this case, I'd say the long hair and the old outfit yes.

Weimann
2009-11-14, 07:59 PM
The hair doesn't bother me much, it's either or, really. She was prettier in the long hair, but she's tougher with short.

The armour is another thing. It looks like something a teen would wear. Don't get me wrong, I have absolutely nothing against some fan service, but Haley doesn't fit in a girly-girly getup.

Then again, it's not like it's bad enough for me to bring it up to any greater extent.

As for other's art upgrades, they all felt rather unwarranted, but again, it's nothing that annoys me much.

Viera Champion
2009-11-14, 08:01 PM
She looks sexier with short hair. But personally for most women thats not true. Haley is the exception.

Sewblon
2009-11-14, 08:05 PM
She looks sexier with short hair. But personally for most women thats not true. Haley is the exception.

Maybe it has something to do with her being a stick-figure.

Meg
2009-11-14, 08:11 PM
I prefer short hair on her, but I don't like her new clothing.

HotAndCold
2009-11-14, 08:27 PM
The armour is another thing. It looks like something a teen would wear. Don't get me wrong, I have absolutely nothing against some fan service, but Haley doesn't fit in a girly-girly getup.

I think an exposed midriff is more teen-like than some cleavage.

The_JJ
2009-11-14, 09:19 PM
Do I prefer the short hair?

On her, I don't care to much. She's a bit skinny about the limbs for my tastes. :smalltongue: And she has no nose...

Short hair on women in general? Hell yes.

golentan
2009-11-14, 09:39 PM
Short hair is very nice.

Mystic Muse
2009-11-14, 09:41 PM
depends on the girl whether the outfit works.

luckily I can imagine Haley as a girl where this outfit and hair work. I actually like both better than her old costume.

Ted The Bug
2009-11-14, 10:01 PM
I think Haley's art upgrade really blew chunks (to use the King's English). Roy's belt, well, there's nothing wrong with it really, but I kinda liked the simple drawing. The only character art upgrade I thought was really good was Elan's back in book 3.
The new V looks fine I guess, the perched raven seems a little strange tho.

Optimystik
2009-11-14, 10:15 PM
I dislike both her new hair and new outfit. I'm still hoping that her ponytail (still in Crystal's possession) becomes a macguffin in the future.

Mending from her boyfriend should reattach it with a liberal enough interpretation.

Mariel Dragon
2009-11-14, 10:37 PM
I prefer her long Hair and her new outfit.
Also I like V's new look. (That might be because I firmly believe V is female and the new look looks more like it)

Superglucose
2009-11-14, 10:42 PM
Bring back the old haley. New haley's hair is just like her new temper, she lost her charm somewhere along the line. Hopefully she finds it back... along with her hair and clothes!

The Vorpal Tribble
2009-11-14, 10:48 PM
Keep the outfit, grow back the hair.

drengnikrafe
2009-11-15, 12:25 AM
My preference is the longer hair, as well as the older outfit. In fact, I like all of the characters in their old looks with the sole exception being Vaarsuvius.

CockroachTeaParty
2009-11-15, 12:31 AM
I wonder of Durkon or Belkar are ever going to get an appreciable change in their look?

Hmm... I think I liked Haley more with the longer hair, but I did think her outfit needed a change. Personally, I like her black Azure City Resistance outfit the best.

Haven
2009-11-15, 12:44 AM
Personally, I like her black Azure City Resistance outfit the best.

Same here, that was awesome.

...admittedly, it wouldn't have been very practical in the desert. Ironically, for the exact opposite reason why fantasy women's outfits are usually impractical.

mikeejimbo
2009-11-15, 12:50 AM
Yeah, you want to wear white in the desert.

I preferred her long hair, myself.

Nimrod's Son
2009-11-15, 01:01 AM
I wonder of Durkon or Belkar are ever going to get an appreciable change in their look?
Durkon fears change. As for Belkar, he's probably gonna lose a lot of weight before too long.

Weimann
2009-11-15, 04:47 AM
I think an exposed midriff is more teen-like than some cleavage.It's in the straps, mostly. They make it looks so fragile.

Dark Faun
2009-11-15, 05:37 AM
I like her with her new hair most. I prefered her old outfit though, and if it's possible, I'd rather have her with her resistance clothes and new hair.

I think an exposed midriff is more teen-like than some cleavage.
True. She actually reminds me of Kim Possible that way. The Action Girl shirt doesn't help. :smallwink:

Mordokai
2009-11-15, 06:04 AM
I don't mind it either way. Sure, usually women with long hair look better, but I've seen women with short hair and they can be extremely sexy as well. I think Haley can pull the short hair well and look good with it.

Elanorea
2009-11-15, 06:11 AM
I've always had a thing for short hair, so...

Neutral on the outfits. Neither of them is horribly ugly or amazingly cool. The new one fits better in the desert, though.

Rad
2009-11-15, 07:11 AM
I am leaning towards the long hair I think...

The outfit is a completely different matter: please, oh please, give us the old one back. Or anything else for that matter. Or at the very least change that color... even he famous lime green boots were better than that.

I like the new V version though.

bluewind95
2009-11-15, 10:32 AM
I don't mind the new outfit. But I got used to seeing Haley with the long hair, so I'd like that back. I think it looks better.

Darakonis
2009-11-15, 02:08 PM
From a purely aesthetic standpoint that has nothing to do with extrapolating what Haley would look like as a real person, and without viewing her as anything more than a pseudo-stick figure in a webcomic, I preferred her long hair and resistance outfit.

Although short hair and light colors are more practical in a desert, I don't see how black armor and long hair in a desert are any less practical than her current armor in battle. Either the Rule of Cool applies, or it doesn't, so I don't buy any arguments about her resistance outfit being too hot in the desert, and color of clothing has no affect on the Hide skill (Rules As Written), so that throws away camouflage arguments.

I don't hate her current look; I just prefer the resistance look, and even her first look, over this current look.

Peace
-Darakonis

jlvm4
2009-11-15, 02:41 PM

Long. I don't have a preference in general, since different faces look better with different hairstyles, but in OOTS Hailey looked SOOOOOOO much better with long hair.

rewinn
2009-11-15, 03:11 PM
Long. I don't have a preference in general, since different faces look better with different hairstyles, but in OOTS Hailey looked SOOOOOOO much better with long hair.

Haley has a round face :smallbiggrin: so a longer hairstyle would be a good idea (http://www.hairstyle-blog.com/hairstyles-for-round-face-shapes.html).

But then, most people in Stickverse have round facts so perhaps the usual rules don't apply.

onasuma
2009-11-15, 03:16 PM
Short Hair, new cloathes. It reflects her change in personality, becoming more and more like Crystal, and does so well.

Calmness
2009-11-15, 08:07 PM
I like how she looks currently. Dunno about the hair but I was never a fan of the brown outfit.

Yuoaman
2009-11-16, 11:10 AM
The outfit on Haley I think is fine, her hair, however, I much preferred long.

Roy's belt isn't that big of a difference so I'm sort of indifferent towards it. While I like both V and Elan's wardrobe changes.

Aaron
2009-11-16, 12:15 PM
The outfit on Haley I think is fine, her hair, however, I much preferred long.

Roy's belt isn't that big of a difference so I'm sort of indifferent towards it. While I like both V and Elan's wardrobe changes.

That's how I feel. I like Haley's hair to be long. Of coarse, her hair has to grow back first.:smalltongue:

petersohn
2009-11-16, 02:14 PM
Long hair, resistance outfit. But the "classical" one is still better than the new. I don't like her being like Crystal. Yeah the new outfit fits better in the desert, but she is constantly under Durkon's protection spell, so it doesn't matter that much.

As for the other characters, Elan's new outfit is much better than the old one. V is not inherently better, but fits to his new personality much better.

Boogastreehouse
2009-11-17, 12:11 AM
I personally love short hair on women, especially cropped into a punk style or even shaved.

...sorry... where was I?

Oh right. But that's not why I love Haley's new look. I've always equated cutting one's hair to be a symbol of developing maturity. When I was younger I had female friends who weren't allowed to cut their hair, because their parents preferred it long. When they got old enough every one of them chopped off their hair to assert their independence from their overly-controlling parents.

Subsequently, I've always considered (almost on a subconscious level) girls with long hair to be more immature than girls with short hair. Kids have long hair.

Haley is growing into a person she never expected to be. She's finding the courage to give up a lot of negative traits that had been hindering her and entangling her, and she really likes the person she's becoming. I think her new hair suits her.

FerhagoRosewood
2009-11-17, 12:43 AM
I prefer short hair on her, but I don't like her new clothing.

Pretty much this.

But then I love short hair on women.

Kyronea
2009-11-17, 01:17 AM

Long hair is almost always better for everybody. For some it doesn't work, but for most, it is preferable to short hair.

And I speak across all genders here.

Renrik
2009-11-17, 06:29 PM
I guess I just dig short-haired women. I've got a thing for Alison Bechdel. In a 'you're so awesome it rocks' kind of way.

golentan
2009-11-17, 07:22 PM
Long hair is almost always better for everybody. For some it doesn't work, but for most, it is preferable to short hair.

And I speak across all genders here.

I disagree. Categorically. It gets everywhere, and doesn't accent any features I like. It hurts more, it's harder to maintain, and it is, quite frankly, uglier.

And yeah, this is just my personal opinion. And yours is yours, and you have a right to be that wrong. :smallwink: More short haired folks for me, right?

Unless you're saying most people prefer long hair on all genders, in which case I should dig up the link to the end of Easy Rider as a rebuttal.

(this post was intended as humor)

Berserk Monk
2009-11-17, 11:25 PM
Maybe it has something to do with her being a stick-figure.

Or maybe you're just prejudice. I for one do not see the third dimension. People tell me I have depth* and I believe them.

*depth as in my physical form exists in 3 dimensions (height, width, length). Other than that, I'm a one dimensional character.

Blackmore
2009-11-18, 05:16 PM
Personally, I think she looked better with long hair.

SPoD
2009-11-18, 11:21 PM
I personally love short hair on women, especially cropped into a punk style or even shaved.

...sorry... where was I?

Oh right. But that's not why I love Haley's new look. I've always equated cutting one's hair to be a symbol of developing maturity. When I was younger I had female friends who weren't allowed to cut their hair, because their parents preferred it long. When they got old enough every one of them chopped off their hair to assert their independence from their overly-controlling parents.

Subsequently, I've always considered (almost on a subconscious level) girls with long hair to be more immature than girls with short hair. Kids have long hair.

Haley is growing into a person she never expected to be. She's finding the courage to give up a lot of negative traits that had been hindering her and entangling her, and she really likes the person she's becoming. I think her new hair suits her.

The problem with this view is that Haley didn't CHOOSE to cut her hair, so there's no decision to mature here. If anything, since she her haircut was a physical violation, it represents her being forcibly changed into something she never wanted to be: like Crystal. Her time away from Elan made her more into her old pre-OOTS self, more ruthless and less compassionate, culminating in her murder of Crystal. Somehow getting her hair back will likely signal a return to her lovable wacky self of days old.

However, I agree that it looks hot short.

Boogastreehouse
2009-11-19, 01:34 AM
The problem with this view is that Haley didn't CHOOSE to cut her hair, so there's no decision to mature here. If anything, since she her haircut was a physical violation, it represents her being forcibly changed into something she never wanted to be: like Crystal. Her time away from Elan made her more into her old pre-OOTS self, more ruthless and less compassionate, culminating in her murder of Crystal. Somehow getting her hair back will likely signal a return to her lovable wacky self of days old.

However, I agree that it looks hot short.

Interesting take on it. I could go with that.

I could also say that she has fought change kicking and screaming the whole way, and having her hair cut against her will is quite similar to the time that all of the other aspects of Haley's personality ganged up on her defeatist goth-personality.

Either way works for me, as long as she keeps her sexy short hair!

Berserk Monk
2009-11-19, 10:44 AM
I prefer it long, but I'm okay with how it is now. There is a legitimate reason for it being short. Crystal cut it off in an act of vengeance. Her outfit though is just annoying fanservice which I am not fond of.:smallannoyed:

Jan Mattys
2009-11-19, 10:50 AM
I like Haley and Vaarsuvius new hairstyles.
I hate Haley's new outfit, though.

As for Roy's belt... well, that's not much of a change, but simplicity has a quality of its own imho. The whole order is full of magic items we don't see. I wouldn't mind to see the good old "full blue" Roy, and I'd just be content to know he's got a belt of strenght.

Berserk Monk
2009-11-19, 10:52 AM
I like Haley and Vaarsuvius new hairstyles.

I like V's old hair better. Even when it was long and messy I was fine with. Just something about it being in a pony tail bugs me. It doesn't really say powerful wizard to me.

ThePhantasm
2009-11-19, 01:48 PM
I liked it long, but the short hair is "growing" on me, heh heh.

Dark Faun
2009-11-19, 03:13 PM
It doesn't really say powerful wizard to me.
Does it say apprentice baker by any chance? :smalltongue:

And I agree that Haley's new outfit comes off as fanservice. I don't mind it though.

veti
2009-11-19, 09:47 PM
Hair, schmair - I don't really mind, whatever works for her.

But I really preferred the old costume.

I'm kinda hoping her clothes will get mixed up with Elan's now, and she'll end up with something that at least covers her shoulders. As for Elan... heh, he'll get by.

ericgrau
2009-11-20, 12:24 AM
I like long hair better in general. I do think new V looks better, simply b/c of all the added details.

Berserk Monk
2009-11-21, 03:03 PM
I'm kinda hoping her clothes will get mixed up with Elan's now, and she'll end up with something that at least covers her shoulders. As for Elan... heh, he'll get by.

Warning: the following image may make your brain explode

Seriously, it's kind of disturbing

No joke, save yourself the insanity

You serious want to see it?

No shame in turning back and sparing yourself any mental trama

Last chance

http://i728.photobucket.com/albums/ww281/berserkmonk/goodcopygoodcopy.jpg?t=1258834211

Moriato
2009-11-23, 02:25 PM
I like the short hair better, but hate the new outfit. It makes her look like a potato.

DBJack
2009-11-23, 02:29 PM
Warning: the following image may make your brain explode

Seriously, it's kind of disturbing

No joke, save yourself the insanity

You serious want to see it?

No shame in turning back and sparing yourself any mental trama

Last chance

http://i728.photobucket.com/albums/ww281/berserkmonk/goodcopygoodcopy.jpg?t=1258834211

I think a few more spoiler boxes would be appropriate

pflare
2009-11-23, 07:47 PM
I seem to be the cheese that stands alone here but I like all of the art upgrades. Does Haley look better not necessarily but it's like Elan said a change in looks conveys a change over time. Haley has become more open and more badass hence the new look. I think that in the future she will grow her hair out because she didn't make the choice to cut it but it won't be in the comic because there is only 7 weeks left in the story.

Berserk Monk
2009-11-23, 07:48 PM
I think a few more spoiler boxes would be appropriate

http://youngromantic.files.wordpress.com/2009/11/nph-drhorrible.jpg

"Wow, sarcasm! That's original!"

theinsulabot
2009-11-23, 10:40 PM
long, definitely, i dunno if its the hair, the suit, or some combination thereof, but ever since Haley's new costume change she looks 15 years older and 10 pounds overweight

SaintRidley
2009-11-24, 12:03 AM

...sorry... where was I?

Just as a curious aside, what then do you think of men who grow their hair long?

I think the haircut was probably one of the most easily recognisable ways to upgrade Haley's look and therefore was a good choice, along with the nifty analysis provided by SPoD

DBJack
2009-11-24, 12:45 AM
http://youngromantic.files.wordpress.com/2009/11/nph-drhorrible.jpg

"Wow, sarcasm! That's original!"

Have you been waiting for someone to make a sarcastic remark so you could use that pic:smallwink:

With men, I prefer shorter hair, but some men just look better with longer hair.

I think Haley will probably keep it short if it starts growing again. Elan likes it shorter and she's shown gradual acceptence of it (with a few lapses). To be honest it's kind of grown on me. At first I was unsure but it looks fine. However I'm not a big fan of the new armor and I hope it doesn't stay that way forever.

Crod
2009-11-24, 01:09 AM
New outfit, but with old hair. Having short hair with that outfit makes her look a bit pear-shaped.

I liked the resistance outfit, but it would probably look very boy-ish with the new hair.

Berserk Monk
2009-11-24, 02:13 AM
Have you been waiting for someone to make a sarcastic remark so you could use that pic:smallwink:

I've used that pic/comment before on the site, and no I wasn't.

DBJack
2009-11-24, 02:43 PM
Oh, I missed that, then. Nevermind :smallsmile:

Akuma
2009-11-25, 09:48 PM
Longer she looks like a boy with short hair

Boogastreehouse
2009-11-29, 08:19 PM
Longer she looks like a boy with short hair

Say hello to the arbitrary and superficial gender-defining traits I thought had mostly become obsolete in the 60's and 70's.

"Thet thar boy has long har; he looks like a gurl, hyuk-hyuk!"

YvizztX23
2009-12-01, 09:31 PM
I like it long. It makes her look more like the professional, greedy thief she is.

Of course, I am sort of biased towards new styles. I prefer V keeping his/her hair in a ponytail, and I prefer Elan's Dashing Swordsman shirt. I even sort of liked Miko's appearance better after she became a fallen paladin.

J.J.J-H-Schmidt
2009-12-02, 02:30 AM
well, being a stick figure, i imagine its all relative... i have drawn her both ways (for my own bored amusment) and i think it can be pulled off with the right imagination, or idealistic imaging.

however, i think it is kind of sad/sick to refer to a stick figure as being "sexy" or not... not that i am anyone to pass judgement for anyone elses taste, it just strikes me personally as being a bit off.

Boogastreehouse
2009-12-02, 08:50 PM
however, i think it is kind of sad/sick to refer to a stick figure as being "sexy" or not... not that i am anyone to pass judgement for anyone elses taste, it just strikes me personally as being a bit off.

I don't really see it as being any sadder or sicker than finding a character described only in text to be attractive.

Have you never read a story and found a character to be interesting? I happen to think that Y.T., the skateboarding character from Snow Crash, is sexy. How is that possible, when all she really is is a collection of words? Because those words describe her appearance, behavior and attitude, and my brain can fill in the rest.

That's all this is.

J.J.J-H-Schmidt
2009-12-03, 12:56 AM
fair enough, it might be just my association with the term sexy. again though, i am in no position to pass judgment on anyone, ever...

SadisticFishing
2009-12-03, 02:06 AM
fair enough, it might be just my association with the term sexy. again though, i am in no position to pass judgment on anyone, ever...

People who say that pixels aren't hot are kind of funny. You know what else is pixels? TV. Know what's on TV? Yeah.

It's not about the stick figures - it's about what they represent in our brain-things. And in there, Haley is hawt ;)

Otherwise, why care about the story at all? They're all just stick figures.

DarkElfGangsta
2009-12-03, 01:41 PM
first of all, you guys are weird and should have a cold shower.
second, Haley's hair is too short. It's better long.

Water-Smurf
2009-12-03, 05:34 PM
I personally prefer long hair on girls, but long hair's definitely more practical with what Haley's trying to do. And her new outfit/hairstyle are both more practical for the desert, so I'm not going to get too excited over it.

I have to say that I miss V's loose hair, though. S/he looked nice like that.

ScottishDragon
2009-12-05, 12:52 PM
Long hair definetally,the new oufit is great.
poor Haley,hope her hair grows back fast.