PDA

View Full Version : Call of Cthulhu d20 -> Spell DCs?

SpikeFightwicky
2009-11-14, 08:01 PM
I've been checking through my CoC d20 book (might be running something soon), and for the life of me, I could not find any mention of how to calculate Spell Save DCs. Since spells don't have levels, I can't improvise 3.X rules, and I'm not sure what the caster stat is either.

Does anyone know where I can find this? (Page reference would also be appreciated)

I also couldn't find special attack DCs (though I assume it's like 3.X, 10 + 1/2 HD + con or wis mod). I assume it's in the same location as spell save DCs, but if it's not, where is it?

Thurbane
2009-11-14, 10:43 PM
CoC d20 page 127.

Saving Throw Difficulty Class: A saving throw against your spell has a DC of 15 + your Intelligence bonus.

SpikeFightwicky
2009-11-14, 11:17 PM
Ugh... I must be blind or really tired. Thanks for the info!

I'm still not sure about Special Attack DCs though... It looks like they just took arbitrarily high numbers and set them as DCs (like they did in 3.0). For example, a 10 hit dice monster with a con of 17 has a poison save DC of 22 (??). It doesn't say under advancement to change DCs with advancement, so I'm not sure if they use a formula.

Thurbane
2009-11-14, 11:29 PM
Yes, I also can't find a specific formula for special attack DCs. Bear in mind that CoC d20 was published in the 3.0 ruleset (it still has facing rules etc.).