PDA

View Full Version : Kirigakure - Team Shize IC

Dark_Prophet
2009-11-14, 08:14 PM
After inspecting all of you to make sure you're all right, Shize leads you out from the hospital, to the edge of one of the harsher districts of the city, complete with many destroyed and abandoned areas - pack full of vagrants taht flee as you approach...and then to area where there are no homes or houses - one of the corners of the peak. The compound of the Seven Swordsmen sits there - a main, central ceremonial seven sided hub, with a dojo extending out from each side, to make the seven in total. Even seen from afar, it appears to be a giant flower. A giant, wartorn flower with the signs of damage and repair built into the being of the very structure itself, magnificient in its testament. As Shize leads you closer to one of the petals in particular, it becomes apparent that this one has seen a great fire in the past - much of the wood and paper has been replaced with stone blocks, and what does remain is blackened to wobbling ash. It is magnificient, in a primal, gut-wrenching testament to the durability of the spirit of the structure - anything lesser would have long ago crumbled.

Several swordsmen stand in front of the archway, doors saluting as Shize leads you onwards and inwards. "The rest of the Swordsmen want to meet all of you first off - there are quite a few stories about each of you, and your account of what has happened is needed." The inside is a sight to behold - racks of almost every bladed weapon imaginable, from scimitars to wakizashi. Most of the slots on the racks are empty - a half dozen or so students practice sparring with all bizarre combinations of swords, while the other half line up and practice throwing them, at the targets scattered across the floor, sides, even ceiling. Your jounin(?) waves to them as you pass. He calls out to lean, slim student in midthrow as he pushes open the main doors leading to the complex. "More wrist, less arm, Yui!"

Beyond them lies a enormous circular table, seven chairs seated around it. Three are empty - four are occupied. A pale, elegant man with green eyes sits to you right in black and white robes, a long, white almost completely flat sheath at his belt. He drifts a hand up to his chin, the green eyes drifting over each of you, stopping on Daichi.

Across from him is a enormous, giant of a man who sits on a larger stone seat, a rugged beard and mane of blue hair growing from the crags of his rough tan face, down his front and back. Two enormous butcher blades hang at each side of his belt, dull and opaque in the light.

The third chair is occupied by a well endowed, tan skinned woman whose body is covered by a flowing red kimono, matching the red hair cropped just below her ears. A cane of ebon with a black cobra's head held idly across her hand. Sky blue eyes sweep over each of you, pausing on Nishi and the painted lips gently turn up into a pleased smile.

The last is tall tan, and dark skinned, a black suit stretched across his body, leaving only his head free. Above his purple eyes, widows peak crops the brown fair of his forehead, falling back down to shoulder length. His blade is just as strange as the others: carried casually in his left hand, its grip is nearly 3 ft long, as is the blade itself. A chain dangles from his wrist, attaching itself to the dull side of the blade about half way up its length.

Shize steps forwards, and gestures with his hand behind him to sweep across each of you. "Esteemed Swordsmen of Kirigakure, I present to you my charges. Aotake Natsumi-"

The first cuts him off, waving a hand imperiously. "Don't bother, Shize. We've already heard all about Natsumi of the White Forest. She may not be skilled with a weapon, but a relative of Genira's with as strong a bloodline as she has...And the other two are most certainly known to us." The woman nods, reaching a finger up to idly wrap her hair around as she eyes Nishi. "There is so ever much to catch up on...and it is good to have our prize disciples back, is it not?"

The mountain of a man laughs, slapping a hand across his chest with a sound that echoes across the room. "Yeah...yours! Hahaha, me and Phantom over there ain't got none of the prize kind!"

The fourth one rolls his eyes, giving a sigh as he tilts his weapon minutely towards the giant, glancing at the assembled team. "Speak for yourself, Zaki. She just hasn't come back yet. Speaking of which...please tell us what happened. You were sent on a mission you had no need to be sent on, but at least we can gain some knowledge from it." "Please, start from the beginning when you were called in to your last mission - anything you know may be very important. We have a incomplete picture at best, and it is not...pleasant." Yumi's eyes narrow, toying with the top of the black cane.

PhoeKun
2009-11-15, 01:51 AM
Natsumi

Unlike her companions, Natsumi had never visited the Swordsman's complex before. Every step she takes is made with wide-eyed wonder. She has a hard time not gasping at everything she sees - the novelty of martial arts is still very fresh to her, and seeing a place devoted to training in weapons of all sorts (as opposed to just meeting people who'd already gotten their training done) is wildly exciting.

Meeting the Swordsmen themselves is, oddly, a little less interesting, but her eyes are still so full of stars it's impossible for anyone to tell. But when the subject of her name comes up, she looks like she's been slapped in the face. Her jaw drops, and she stares at them in bewilderment.

"You've heard of me? I... wow.

Er... actually, that is, could I ask something? Why does everyone keep saying we weren't supposed to be on that mission? We just did what Neechan told us to do. Do you think someone lied to her about which teams were supposed to go? Because if they did, they must have lied to the Mizukage, too, 'cause nobody said a word about it till just now..."

She pauses a moment, folding her arms in thought.

"Was it bad for us to have gone on that mission? I dunno, because I'm pretty sure lots more people would have died if we hadn't been there. When Bandit-chan showed up, she was really well prepared. She brought lots of friends... let's see, there was flamey-wire guy, angry karate guy, talking bush guy, that archery squad, and a bunch of others that showed up in the back, so I didn't get to see them. Plus, I guess Bandit-chan knew all the members of Neechan's old team? When she showed up, she acted like she knew a bunch of us, which is probably why she told everyone that she thought the caravan had a bunch of forbidden jutsu scrolls or something like that. Although then again, nobody seemed very happy to see her, so I dunno what's really going on. But... we helped beat the badguys. So that's good, right?"

Callos_DeTerran
2009-11-16, 11:26 PM
Nishi

Nishi, for his part, seemed to only become more and more uncomfortable as they traveled through the building of Yumi-sama. How was he going to explain that he had failed again? She had spent all of that time teaching him those special techniques of hers and he had to go and get knocked out, again! Thus when they come into the central meeting chamber, the kimono dressed boy looked decidedly...twitchy.

Just why was a mystery to everyone who didn't know him well, or hadn't seen him trying to control the special ability that separated him from other genin, and there was only one person in the room who knew him that well. Though Shize probably knew about it as well. He was trying to keep the marks from spreading across his body and going into a murderous frenzy once more, and luckily enough it seemed as if he had succeeded.

And then he ran across the room, all but throwing himself into Yumi's lap and his arms around her even as tears trickle down his cheeks.

"I'm s-s-s-sorry Yumi-sama! We w-w-went on the mission but Bandit-chan from my old t-t-team showed up and thensheambusheduswithotherninjasthenIgotknockedout andI'msosorryIdidn't performbetter!" The admittedly repentant looking genin sobs out, eyes squeezed shut. After seeing how violent he could be, it was easy to forget that he was just an eleven year old kid...

"G-g-genira-san said that Shize-sensei would meet us on the r-r-road and we should hel...help out though." He sniffles, finally looking up with big liquid blue eyes, lower lip trembling. "P-p-please don't be mad..."

Kawaii no jutsu!

Genjutsu: [roll0] DC 13 or 14 to resist being charmed or going d'awwww...

ChronicLunacy
2009-11-23, 07:15 PM
Ruyuno Daichi

At the sight of the swordsmen, Daichi seemed to stand a little straighter. It was barely perceptible, but those with a talent for reading people could tell instantly that he had a healthy amount of respect for those seated at the table before them. Similarly to how he greeted Shize in the hospital, Daichi stopped, firstly in front of the slender man in the white robes with the green eyes. "Wanon-sama," he bowed, a touch lower than he had to Shize for anyone keeping track, "I'm honored you saw fit to see us here. I'll make my report." he straightened.

"Like the others said, we were ambushed. The enemy, a former teammate of some of the Team Genira members called Yuri, started the teams arguing amongst themselves by telling us that we were transporting forbidden jutsu. When we didn't decide to just let her have them like she thought we would she called an ambush from above, in front, and behind. They started some kind of genjutsu to confuse us as they came in, but not all of us were affected. I attacked the battle wire user and Yuri along with Miharu, but was intercepted by a taijutsu master who had still been hiding. I wasn't able to stop Yuri before she threw some sort of red chakra ball that did some damage to the wagons and the ninja and guards still near them. After that, I think it was Tetsuo who struck back at Yuri while Miharu had to deal with the wire user.

After that, Yuri ran away under the cover of a smoke bomb thrown by a fourth guy I didn't see, leaving the wire user and the taijutsu master to Miharu and me. We each killed our opponents, but then that frenzied bitch tried to kill me before we even knew that the battle was even over. Tetsuo got between us before it went any farther. After that there wasn't anything eventful that happened until we got back and learned that we weren't even supposed to have gone with Team Genira. After the hospital we came straight here." he said, his teeth clenched tightly together in a building rage.

"The wagons are safe, but I failed to kill or capture the bandit leader. If it pleases you, I'll begin a hunt for her immediately and bring you back her head on a plate. She wouldn't be able to best me alone, which is where I plan to find her." he finished.

Dark_Prophet
2009-11-30, 01:14 AM
Shize pauses, blinking, and his hard features melt away into a soft smile. "Awww, its all right Nishi....truth to be told, I wasn't informed of your...impromptu mission. We have reason to believe it may have been a...uh...deliberate attempt...to undermine our influence..." He trails off, his eyes on Nishi. The other swordsmen raise their eyebrows at his body language, looking at each other, save one...

Theme 1 (http://www.imeem.com/people/FGjDen7/music/Iz6-6ebr/miki-higashino-theme-of-temptation-asian-dub-mix/)
Yumi smiles, leaning down to hug the cute little boy, whispering to him. "Awww...its all right. You learned how to use genjutsu - and well enough to snare even stubborn Shize - that's certainly good enough...for me." She moves close to him, and kisses Nishi on the lips, before withdrawing with a small pursing of her lips. "Your dark, wild chakra is so...delicious. You've grown strong - I knew you would."

Theme 2 (http://www.imeem.com/people/FGjDen7/music/-cNvO8hw/toshiko-tasaki-comical-route/)
Zaki laughs uproariously, his enormous frame wobbling on the chair in mirth. "Genjutsu, eh? I didn't know you had a soft spot for cute little boys, Shize! Yumi, of course everyone knows, but...Bwahahaha...!" He glances back at Natsumi, his eyes glinting as he continues to chuckle. "And beat the bad guys you did, and a proper job of it, girl! Bwhehe..."

The proper Shimata coughs, looking disinterested and glancing towards his own disciple. "There is no need, Daichi. You have performed satisfactorily, given what we know of this...Yuriko. There is a more pressing matter then her...as dangerous as she is." He fixes the tall, smirking Kei with a cold stare, who returns it only with smug silence. "I believe you were getting to it, Nechima?"

Shize shoots the laughing giant a fierce glare back, grumbling. "He's just so cute...! Ahem." The redheaded man regains his composure, shifting back close to his old stance, his eyes still on Nishi. "Now tell me, did anyone check to see this Yuriko's accusations were true? Were there forbidden jutsu? And how did Tetsuo, who I hear was in nominal command, deal with this..?"

(Nishi takes...2 chakra drain. >.>)

PhoeKun
2009-12-02, 03:28 AM
Natsumi

Of course, any true ninja would be too disciplined to giggle at the aftermath of the debriefing and Nishi's genjutsu. If this is true, Natsumi has failed the first real test of her ninjahood, nearly falling to the floor amid peals of laughter. Of course Nishi's adorable, but for someone like that to... how could she not laugh?

It takes an award winning effort to pull herself back into a semi-professional demeanor, and even has she goes about answering the new questions, the corners of her mouth continue to curl upwards in a smile.

"...Tetsu-kun? I like him, he's a good leader. But, uh, I think he was really more worried about the food and supplies and stuff we needed to get back here, because he just had us get the caravan back on the road and got us home so we could get to the hospital. We never really checked to see if Bandit-chan was telling the truth or not, but if you ask me I think someone lied to her.

I mean... why would the Mizukage sneak forbidden jutsu into the village? He's the leader, isn't he? Wouldn't he just unforbid them or something?"

Getting to put a voice to her many questions seems to help her focus and calm down, as by now she's no longer smiling, but looking at each of the Swordsman with a look of genuine curiosity.

ChronicLunacy
2010-01-07, 02:47 AM
Daichi

"He's so cute...I just want to pin him up on my wall at home by the hands and feet like a butterfly in a collection and keep him." Daichi said, almost entirely serious now that he was under whatever genjutsu had been laid down upon the room. It was the same "He's so cute!" reaction as any normal person would have, only filtered through the cracked lens that was Daichi's mind. "Then I could look at him every day and keep him safe and beautiful forever." he smiled, lost in thought as he played idly with the wrapping on his greatsword.

He suddenly coughed and remembered the question that had been asked. "Ah, no, Shize-sama. I apologize, but I wasn't able to check the cargo after the battle. I have no excuse." he said, bowing again.

OOC: Sorry for the wait. Moving things along...

Callos_DeTerran
2010-01-08, 02:49 PM
Nishi

It was certainly comforting that Yumi would forgive him for his grievous mistake, but then again that was why he idolized Yumi as the best of the Swordsmen. Or was he supposed to revise that opinion because Shize-sensei had become his new teacher? So absorbed was he in the proper etiquette to address Yumi and Shize that he didn't even particularly notice when the older woman kissed him. Twas only eleven years old after all, he attached no special meaning to such a gesture even as he noticed it sapped his strength a little bit.

"Ahhh, but I don't know if Tetsuo-kun checked the wagons or not. Bandit-chan's friends knocked me out and I only woke back up when we were close to the village again. I think he would though, Tetsuo is very thorough and stuff." Nishi ponders aloud as his smile returns to his face, looking up at the ceiling even as a finger tapped against his chin. Before too long though a quizzical eye was cast unto Yumi and Shize as he squirmed in the former's lap. "Do you think Bandit-chan was telling the truth Yumi-sama? Er...is it important if the Mizukage did smuggle in bad jutsu?"

Dark_Prophet
2010-01-15, 03:28 AM
"I see...yes, it's very important if the Mizukage was smuggling in forbidden jutsu. Such things are avoided for a reason." Yumi wraps her arms around Nishi protectively at Daichi's words, tensing then laughs, turning back to him. "Dear, do be careful with that...you don't always want adoration."

"The mantle of leadership is shared between the Swordsmen and the Mizukage in the covenant the village was formed around. Both rely on and protect each other. Think of them as two halves of the whole of the village." Shize sighs, brushing his white hair back. "It's all right, you had other things to worry about, like this Bandit-chan...the village is facing a shortage from the bandit raids, and its to all of your credit that you protected the wagons, but she may have been right."

The thin hawkish man curls his lip. "More like a quarter and three-fourths. Ever since Zabuza saw what was going on, tried to set things right, and then failed, things've been unbearable. As to the wagon, one of my disciples followed it to the gates, same as the others. We should not let this charade go on any further."

The giant's laugh echoes around the room as Zaki continues to laugh. "Bwahaha! Tetsuo, eh? I've heard about him - boy has a good heart. Its a pity we can't go and ask him ourselves!"

"Tempting." Shimata turns back to the three shinobi at hand. "There's been a unusual amount of traffic going to the industrial zone on the side of town - supply wagons. In specific, to one location, a guarded factory at the very edge of the village that is a final stop after a series of others. We have reason to suspect that forbidden experimentation is being performed there - and those that patrol it wear armor that is unfamiliar to us - neither ours nor the Mizukage's."

"We don't know who they are, but they do not wear the crest of the Mizukage nor our own...and for whatever reason, our inquiries into this have been ignored. Thus, by the Pact, we have the right to investigate for the well-being of the village. Would you not agree?" He clears his throat, raising a hand with a smile. "But first...you have served your village well - without those supplies, Kirigakure would be in dire straights. And while you were gone on your journey, I made sure to study what I knew of your strengths, and construct appropriate welcoming gifts with those who knew you best - it is customary to give those who serve under the Swordsmen weapons befitting themselves as they advance."

He hands Natsumi a bundle, which are revealed to be paired, metal mountings with crystal claws, carved and engraved with sigils that seem to flow, twisting and turning along their length. "Natsumi - you do us great honor by joining us to serve Kirigakure. I have heard so much of the Aotake clan - you are not a warrior, but all those that serve the Swordsmen must have weapons of their own, and you are deserving of a pair. You are a strong, everglowing bastion, and just as you protect the hopes and dreams of Kirigakure, these shall protect you." Shize coughs, stepping back and smiling at her. "I tried to use the last fit you'd comissioned, so I hope it matches." Shuko & Ashiko with Shieldblade, Major and Cold Snap weapon seals

Yumi reaches down from behind her chair, dumping Nishi unceremoniously off her lap, and then bending down to him, presenting it. "You have done well, Nishi. Your first sword...was a blade of restraint, and you have used it well. As the progression of the Shinmei Ryu style follows, this is the blade of fury, crafted to mirror the tempest that rages within you." She opens it, revealing a umbrella decorated with swirling and raging leaf patterns, taking it and pressing it into his hands, drawing the carrier up to let the hidden blade slide a inch out against his bare skin...and Nishi can feel it howl with him. "Let its fury join yours against those that deserve it. But for those that do not, you have your blade of mercy." Sword Cane with the Weapon Seals Hail Crusher and Soulbind

Shimata walks up to Daichi, his expression the same, flat expressionless mask as his eyes bore into the lanky youth, as they always have. "You've grown well, boy. Like a layered blade that has eroded with use, letting the sharper blade beneath shine. That oversized cleaver of yours suits your personality - like the living weapon you are." He unrolls it, revealing a vast, jagged dusky greatsword, the blade serrated and inscribed with savage, primal sigils of destruction and unmaking as it seems to burn and steam quietly. "This possesses what both you and your sword do not have, what is required to move forwards - a greater purpose, a greater drive. It exists to shear through armor and sear what is beneath. Will you do the same to all those who plot against the name of Kirigakure?" His cold eyes burn with uncharacteristic fire as they peer into Daichi's own, pressing the fires of ambition into his hands.
Greatsword with the Armor Piercing and Heatblade weapon seals

"Now...what do you say to giving your new weapons something to whet them properly on, to weed out this troublesome mysterious little weed that has grown up in our village? Before it grows into something more sinister..." Your jounin leans back, watching each of you with a soft smile on this tan lips.

(Sorry that took a while, college has decided I needed to be put in my place proper. I'll be adding music, but for now I just wanted to get this up!)

PhoeKun
2010-02-09, 11:22 PM
Natsumi

"For... for me?"

As Natsumi takes her gift in hand, she stares at the claw weapon with wide-eyed wonder. She feels a pang of guilt - if she was honest, she'd have to admit her interest in this kind of weapon had been steadily dropping more or less proportionally to her growing skill with her bloodline talents. Taijutsu is fun and all, but compared to the pretty shapes and creations she can make with snow and ice it just doesn't hold up.

Besides, for a girl in her position, the idea of stopping her enemies by freezing them held an almost romantic appeal. What was she really if not a superhero? And superheroes definitely needed cool ways to stop the bad guys. Making them bleed is really more Daichi's thing, anyway, and the thought of mixing duty and pleasure like that is just... confusing.

But these... these are almost like jewelry. So pretty... she resolves then and there to give the whole idea another shot. And when Shize asks his question, she's ready with an enthusiastic "Aye aye, sir!" and an over-the-top salute.

Gears turn. A thought.

"...Oh, but does this mean you want me to not use any ninjutsu today?"

ChronicLunacy
2010-02-10, 02:12 AM
Ruyuno Daichi

Shimata walks up to Daichi, his expression the same, flat expressionless mask as his eyes bore into the lanky youth, as they always have. "You've grown well, boy. Like a layered blade that has eroded with use, letting the sharper blade beneath shine. That oversized cleaver of yours suits your personality - like the living weapon you are." He unrolls it, revealing a vast, jagged dusky greatsword, the blade serrated and inscribed with savage, primal sigils of destruction and unmaking as it seems to burn and steam quietly. "This possesses what both you and your sword do not have, what is required to move forwards - a greater purpose, a greater drive. It exists to shear through armor and sear what is beneath. Will you do the same to all those who plot against the name of Kirigakure?" His cold eyes burn with uncharacteristic fire as they peer into Daichi's own, pressing the fires of ambition into his hands.
Greatsword with the Armor Piercing and Heatblade weapon seals

Daichi's lip twisted into a wide smile at the sight of the weapon. Characteristically, the expression was as cold as a glacial breeze despite the fire burning in his eyes. The smile was an abomination, its meaning radically different than what the facial movement was supposed to represent. There was joy there, yes, but only what resulted from thoughts of wanton slaughter, of cleaving flesh from bone. The new killing tool would allow Daichi to leave his mark in horrible, new ways.

"I will pierce through their shells and boil them in their own entrails for you, Wanon-sama." he said as he accepted the weapon. It hissed upon contact with his hand and he held it up before him, admiring the craftsmanship and the jagged lines.

"Now...what do you say to giving your new weapons something to whet them properly on, to weed out this troublesome mysterious little weed that has grown up in our village? Before it grows into something more sinister..." Your jounin leans back, watching each of you with a soft smile on this tan lips.

"Nothing would please me more. This weapon begs to be used against our enemies. Who am I to deny it?" Daichi replied, his smirk still ever-present. "I wonder if it cauterizes with every strike? I hope it doesn't take away all the blood splatter..." he lapsed into thought.

Dark_Prophet
2010-02-13, 02:55 PM
Soundtrack (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGJrw1-UZpA&feature=channel)

Don't worry, my disciple - it makes blood boil in just the way you like it. I saw it often enough as one of our former number - Shize's predecessor, actually - was a mistress of fire and steel herself. Not that it helped her overcome the mastery of a crafter. Isn't that right, Shize?" Daichi's master smirks, leaning back.

He rubs his temple, then reaches down to place his hand on her shoulder. "No, Natsumi, use all your talents to their full ability. Just don't to rely on them too completely - branch out." Your jounin sighs and fixes Shimata with a pointed glance, standing up, hands drifting to the scorched, red flame emblazoned earring idly hanging on his right ear. "Juukiko's weakness was overreliance on a single tool, and I won't allow anyone on my team to follow that path. Preparation can negate any single weapon if given enough time and warning. Now, Kei, on the topic of preparation..."

"The facility has Nin-crows on the perimeter, posted guards with swords, one primary patrol. My best analysis was sneaking onto one of the supply wagons, but I know that's much more difficult for some of us then others." The hawkish man smiles.

He bows to the other Swordsmen, then waves to the three of you, beginning to walk out of the council room, managing to pry the dumb-founded Nishi out of Yumi's grasp as he passes her. "Excellent intelligence as always, Kei. And with that preparation, we have been allowed to make the first strike against our shadowy opponent. Come...lets see if we can think of a plan by the time we get there."

Soundtrack (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rl3Xji9mYJM)

He leads you back through the poorer district, skirting through the now-empty streets as night begins to fall. You pass into the industrial sector, where the atmosphere is even darker and more foreboding then the rest of the village - the silent figures of the guards standing watch outside some factory complexes and not others, until the group finally stops in the shadows of a obscuring wall, overlooking a fenced gate, with the factory looming past the wide, desolate space behind.

The exception is that the four guards standing at attention by the entrance wear black, heavy armor more akin to that of the samurai rather then the conventional ninja battle armor of the village, and the silhouettes of crows perched on it under the misty night sky. More silhouettes of similarly garbed guards can be seen further in. "That is the one. Now...what are your thoughts on how to gain entry and confirm what is occuring for ourselves?"

Callos_DeTerran
2010-02-16, 06:28 PM
Nishi

The genin seems distracted on the walk over to the poorer district, humming to himself even as he seems to struggle with a way to carry two umbrellas at once with a puzzled expression on his face. Finally Nishi seemed to settle for holding his old one closed in his off hand while the opened leave-patterned one was held in the other to cast some shade over his face.

"Shize-sensei, shouldn't we handle the birds that Kei-sama mentioned? If we try anything else then they'll see it, won't they?" he muses aloud, eyes cast up towards the sky as if he was to somehow pick out the birds there.

PhoeKun
2010-02-24, 07:13 PM
Natsumi

Folding her arms across her chest, Natsumi tilts her head down in thought. After a moment, she looks up at Shize, then to Nishi and finally a long look at Daichi. She turns her head back and forth between her teammates and the armored guards standing by the gate. Eventually, she shrugs. They were smart, they'd figure something out.

A smile spreading across her face, she skips away from the team and right up to the gate, stopping perilously close to the guards, who she beams at.

"Hi! I was passing by and I saw your armor, and I though, 'Hey, that's really cool!'. Are you guys guards? You look like you'd be really good at it. All dark and mysterious and stuff... hey, whatcha guarding, anyway?"

Another bright, disarming grin, looking for all the world as though she had no concept of the dangers inherent in pestering armed guards (and indeed, she doesn't). She has to fight with herself a little bit not to look back at the others. If they decided this was a good time to slip over the fence and use her as a distraction, she certainly didn't want to mess it up for them.

ChronicLunacy
2010-02-24, 08:19 PM
Ruyuno Daichi
HP: 78/78
Chakra: 27/36
AC: 23 (24 on first attacker due to Dodge)

Daichi watched Natsumi skip off toward the guards and a grin crossed his face. "Hope you guys weren't planning on being delicate. It's not really the way I work." he offered in what almost sounded like an apology before he followed her, his new sword perched casually naked on his shoulder. He headed straight for the front door of the warehouse, fully expecting the samurai guards to block his path to it.

"Oy, tin can." he hailed the nearest with a nod of his head. "I'm going in there. You guys get exactly one warning before I try out my new can opener." he grinned, letting the greatsword slip off of his shoulder and thunk heavily on the ground. "Put down your weapons and leave. If you do anything else, including talking, then you're mine. Warning given. Your choice."

Readying a use of Shunda (Blink Attack) on the first guy to do anything except putting down his weapons and leaving. He's got the requisite Ninjutsu ranks so it goes off automatically. Releasing suppression of speed ranks as coinciding with his use of the technique. Target must make a Spot check with a DC of the attack roll or lose his Dexterity bonus against it.
Blink Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1] (Includes 1 Fire Damage)
Hate you so much dice roller. Hate you hate you hate you. :smallfurious:

Dark_Prophet
2010-03-02, 01:43 PM
The guards look at each other, the one addressed moving his helmeted gaze to Natsumi. "Yeah, sweetie, we're guards. Glad you like the armor though - its late out, and you should be around here-"

Soundtrack (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rv3UY9kcLvA)
The one Daichi addresses, his partner bristles a moment later, and then reaches back, drawing out his sword. "To some punk rustblood who thinks he's hot stuff just because he got on the special freak team? Get out of here before someone gets hurt, boy. And-" Behind his helm, you can see his eyes widen as he cuts off his speech, and then barely manages to step back, as something slashes over his shoulder, barely missing him, the fiery contrail arcing by him. "A-attack! We're under attack!"

"Yep, Nishi, the crows would see what we're doing. But honestly, I think this way is a bit more fun, don't you?" Shize emerges from the shadows behind you, focusing, and then with a flash of light, a black bow of metal appears, glistening with inscriptions. Your Jounin immediately nocks it, training it on the barely percievable specks above in the night sky, letting fly one arrow, then second, a third, and then a fourth lightning fast.

"Gives me a chance to touch up on my target practice, too..." There's one muffled caw for each arrow as each of the crows spiral down towards the ground, percievable as they land against the concrete, your Jounin already training his bow on the next set, which have taken flight from their roost in a panicked fashion.

(Intiative! Sorry about the delay there, got caught up in my own break. But as always, the game will go on!)

ChronicLunacy
2010-03-02, 02:02 PM
Ruyuno Daichi

Daichi looked disappointed. He ran his thumb across the edge of his sword blade and then sucked on it when it got mildly burned. "Hm...I really need to practice that more. It's so much more fun when I don't miss." he said, then shrugged. "Oh well, I'll just have to try it the old fashioned way, then." he grinned maniacally as he raised the huge sword for another attack on the guard who had been speaking. "This is for calling me a rustblood, buckethead."

Initiative: [roll0]
Attack 1: [roll1]
Damage 1: [roll2]
Attack 2: [roll3]
Damage 2: [roll4]

PhoeKun
2010-03-13, 05:11 PM
Natsumi

Natsumi winced noticeably when Daichi took the offensive. Why did it always turn out like this? They were being nice! But... well, they were at the very least working for the bad guys, even if they might not be villains themselves. And one of them did use the 'R' word, which was definitely a no-no. That might make this all ok, but it doesn't mean she has to feel good about it (no matter how cool Daichi makes it look to her...).

She hangs her head dejectedly even as her chakra flares around her in the form of bitterly cold, swirling winds. With her hands rapidly forming seals, the water she carries with her rises into those winds and freezes almost instantly, coalescing around her body into a deep blue armor that clung to her tightly. She had taken the effort to shape a pattern of flower petals into it, despite the temporary nature of the protection. These things matter. But what a miserable technique Nee-chan made her learn. So cold... she glances at the claws on her hand, and sighs. So many promises to keep, and none of them sound very fun at the moment. But she'd keep them anyway. After all, she was a good girl.

"Hey, mister? If you wanna come over here and fight me instead of Daichi-sempai, I think that'd be good. I'll hurt you less than he will..."

Using technique: Soukou no jutsu. If I understand these rules right, I don't need to roll to perform the technique. Also, activating Rank 1 speed and strength.

Hit points: 74/74
Chakra: 43/55
Armor class: 22

Craft (Hyouton) to decorate the armor: [roll1]

Dark_Prophet
2010-03-20, 06:03 PM
Nishi 21
Daichi/Shize (inactive - sniping crows) 20
Natsumi 10
Guards 9

21: Nishi focuses, his hands falling into technique pattern, but nothing happens, his enthusiasm getting the better of him as he points at the group of two guards by Natsumi, who shield themselves with no result.

20: Daichi's blade cuts straight through the door's black reinforced guard armor, the hot edge hissing and superheating his blood as it sheers into his side...and then the second one cuts him in half with a spray of blood.

Shize, meanwhile, continues to snipe at the remaining crows, felling each of them with a shot - nocking his bow, swiveling around to face a vague shape further back behind him, the goggles over his eyes glinting as he focuses. "Huh...that's not a crow. It's a hawk. Don't usually see those up here..." He remarks as he lowers his bow, glancing back at the others.

10: Natsumi forms her ice armor with simple enough flower petals.

9: The remaining three guards step back...looking wide-eyed at their smoking, bisected, still twitched comrade, particularly the one right next to Daichi, who turns and breaks into a run down along the wall beside the gate, panting and clanking in his heavy armor. "AAAAAHHH! Oh gods....bloodline monsters! Reinforcements! Send reinforcements!" (Full retreat, moving 50 like a bat out of hell. But not out of Daichi's charge range for next round)

The other two take a step, and seem to take Natsumi's words to heart...moving up to her, and engaging the "lesser" threat with their katana, moving to either side of her to flank as they both slash in a trained, coordinated fashion. (She can take a AoO on one of them)
Guard 1 Attack - MISS! [roll0] Damage [roll1]
Guard 2 Attack - HIT! [roll2] Damage [roll3]

(Sorry about the delay there. Back up to 21 - since you guys all have intiative on the guards, order doesn't matter as much as it could, but try to go in that direction. Natsumi and her guards are less then 30 feet away from the rest of the PCs, except Shize, who's still in the back, and the fleeing guard, who's 50 feet away from Daichi.
Oh, and everyone get me a Spot)

Callos_DeTerran
2010-03-20, 06:33 PM
Nishi

The peculiar Nishi didn't let the disappointment of failing the technique bother him for too long, raising his hand in the shape of a gun and pointing it at the back of the fleeing guard. He sighted down it, admittedly somewhat awkwardly, and a glowing bead of energy began to grow from the tip of his finger.

"Hey, don't run Guard-san!" He calls out after the fleeing guard, trying to get him to pause and look back at about the time he launched the erratically weaving ball of explosive chakra at his back.

But it was the sight of more men coming from the compound that drew the most notable reaction from him, his little body tensing up before burning lotus petals began to spread from the small of his back to cover his entire body. A feral smile came to his face as the curse took full hold of him, wetting his lips as he leveled his swordblade at them.

"Shize-sempai! They look fun, can I play?!" He half-demands and half asks from his sensei.

Nishi will perform Shinmei Ryu - Shou - Zankuushou which he automatically succeeds in performing, and will empower it to 5d6 by spending a total 9 chakra.

Ray attack on the guard fleeing: [roll0]
Action point: [roll1]
To confirm if Critical: [roll2]

Damage: [roll3]
If Critical: [roll4]

Spot: [roll5]

PhoeKun
2010-03-26, 06:22 PM
Natsumi

As the first guard takes her up on her offer for a less painful fight, Natsumi drops back into a very basic fighting stance. As the second one circles around behind her, whatever conflict was visible on her face fades in favor of a flustered expression.

"What, hey w-- ow! No fair!! I didn't say you should hurt me..."

She frowns, twists around, and throws a surprisingly hard punch in the man's direction, looking to dig her beautiful new weapon into him as a bit of retribution. Then she turns back around to punch the first guard in the stomach.

"Wanna make this a game? We each get to attack 2 more times, and whoever gets hit the most has to surrender. Kay?"

She grins, forgetting all of her troubles from just a moment before. Not to mention completely ignoring the wound on her back and the blood trickling from it...

Attack of Opportunity: [roll0] for [roll1] damage.
Attack against the other guard: [roll2] for [roll3] damage.

ChronicLunacy
2010-04-18, 01:46 AM
Ruyuno Daichi

Okay, in an effort to move things along, I'm not going to do anything special and will instead just continue butchering the minions. Sorry for the wait that I've caused everyone. :smallfrown:

"You shouldn't have attacked Natsumi-chan. I'll just kill you. She'll freeze the blood in your veins, boys." Daichi laughed as he darted toward the guard that Natsumi wasn't attacking herself. He respected her enough to let her handle her own business, after all. He'd only come to her defense if it looked like she was taking a beating.

Attack 1: [roll0]
Damage 1: [roll1]
Attack 2: [roll2]
Damage 2: [roll3]

Dark_Prophet
2010-04-28, 01:03 PM
Soundtrack (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHf-qaFXR8c&feature=related)

Nishi's blow tears into the fleeing guard's back, causing him to drop with muffled cry, a hole going clean through it and blood seeping out. (No critical, but enough to kill the poor gate guard)

"Yeah, yeah, go ahead. Hey, you guys know anyone with a hawk? Never seen one of those around here before." Shize glances up, angles his bow at the remaining two guards engaged with Natsumi and Daichi, holding it taut, seeming to watch the performance

Daichi's blade cuts once, and then twice, searing through the armor - and the guard inside, cutting him clean in half and leaving him a smoking grilled pile of meat like the hulking swordsman's first victim.

Both of Natsumi's attacks with her claws miss - although the second only by a small margin - leaving her guard the only survivor. He drops his sword, wetting himself as he turns, breaking away to run down the other path...taking a set of arrows from Shize as he releases them, going down without a sound perhaps ten feet away.

"Well, that was bloody but efficient. Check the bodies..I think the first that went down had the keys....aha!" Your jounin keeps his bow out, nudging over the first unfortunate, scooping the keys off his ring with a deft twist and unlocking the gate.

As the front gate slides open, further shouts of alarm come from within, and you can see at least another dozen figures in armor. gathering, mustering in the dim darkness perhaps a hundred and sixty feet away. They begin to approach forwards - the first rank of four bringing heavy black tower shields up to bear, pausing for a second at 100 feet, each rank of four 10 feet behind that up to the third row as they draw bows 120 feet away from the open gates. You can hear shouts of alarm from within the base as more presuambly mass.

"Well, I gotta hand it to you guys, you sure know how to make things exciting. They seem to think we're just swordsmen grunts though...why don't we show them otherwise? Anyone need a bow?" Shize focuses, the seals on his free hand glowing as a second black bow appears in a little puff of smoke holding it up as a offering, a quiver immediately following as he looks at the incoming formation.

(Sorry, finals messed me up worse then I had thought. And thanks for posting, Chronic!

Continuing, using the same intiative.
Nishi 21
Daichi/Shize 20
Natsumi 10
(new group of 12) Guards 9)

PhoeKun
2010-04-28, 09:39 PM
Natsumi

"But I... you can't... HEY!"

Natsumi shoots a withering look at Shize. After all she had just done to honor his wishes to fight in the way that would please the Swordsmen, all the physical discomfort she was enduring just to wear this stupid ice armor, he went ahead and did that!?

"Stay back. All of you... stay back."

She marches forward, uncharacteristic frustration dominating her face as she performs a rapid and intricate series of hand signs. A small vortex of frigid air forms around her, whipping at her hair and slowly filling the factory with a sense of dread. She lowers her head trying to hide the tears welling in her eyes, and the vortex grows in intensity. The moisture in the air is starting to freeze now, bits of snow and ice making the swirling winds visible to the naked eye. When she looks back up at the guards, it explodes outward in all directions from her, quickly covering everything within reach in frost, and then ice. The wind roars around her like a demon. Almost unseen, a single tear floats down in the form of a snowflake.

Move 40 feet (thanks to Speed Rank 1), and use Fubuki no Jutsu. Natsumi is surrounded by a snowstorm extending 50 feet in all directions, and 30 feet up. Everything that enters or remains in the area takes [roll0] cold damage. Fortitude DC 21 for half.

Hit points: 67/74
Chakra: 35/55
Armor class: 22

ChronicLunacy
2010-04-29, 01:55 PM
Ruyuno Daichi
Chakra: 17/36

"Hm...kind of reminds me of her sister when she's like this." Daichi commented with his usual, wide grin. Then, slamming his sword into the ground to free up his hands, he began to concentrate on forming seals for a suiton jutsu. With his favored method of gory death off of the table for a moment, he had to resort to something long range. He much preferred getting his hands bloody, but in this case he'd settle for something explosive. He concentrated on the water in a horse trough some distance away and formed the final seal - tatsu - the dragon.

Suddenly, the water in the trough exploded upwards and arched over Natsumi's head. In midair it formed into the shape of a long, serpent-like dragon with red, glowing eyes, and rushed down into the compact group of armored, shielded soldiers with murderous intent. As Natsumi's area effect froze them, Daichi's water dragon clawed and slashed through the men repeatedly until it ran out of steam. Eventually it lost cohesion and the water ran with the blood covering the ground.

Using Suiryuudan no Jutsu (Water Dragon Blast Technique)
Everyone in a 10 foot square centered on the middle of the group of soldiers takes [roll0] damage. Reflex save for half.
I'm having trouble finding the rules for converting HP to Chakra in the newest version of the rules. (Had to redownload because I got a new laptop.) Did he take that out?

Callos_DeTerran
2010-05-04, 09:48 PM
Nishi
HP: 55/61
Chakra: 33/38 (12 Temporary Left)
AC: 21 (+1 from Cursed Seal, +1 from Speed Rank 1)

Nishi seems nonplussed by the appearance of more guards, but then again he was in the throes of his cursed seal too which might have explained it. Instead he hefts the sword that he had gotten from his mentor and let his power surge through him once more.

"Yes Shize-sensei!" the odd boy calls out all too gladly with an insane grin upon his face, right before he went charging off right into the snow-storm that Natsumi-chan had made. If the cold seemed to bother him, it didn't show on his oddly happy face, but the cold did make his toes and fingers start to feel a bit numb as his teeth chattered. But still he rushed forward, eager to close the distance before the guards were wiped out by his friends

Too long! Have to make Yumi-sama proud!

Dark_Prophet
2010-05-07, 12:47 PM
Theme
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbhtIhf9vGc)
As Nishi charges forwards at them, the guards manage to retain their formation despite the terrifying sight of the demonic youth rushing at them with murder and death in its eyes, sword drawn.

Shize shakes his head, dismissing the bow back to nothingness with a spray as he watches his charges assault the column of soldiers, watching as Daichi's water dragon tears into the middle row of lancers and shield wall. They're sent scattering into disarray as the attack cuts and covers them in water...all of them standing at the end of it, but in some cases just barely.

He pauses at Natsumi's shout as she charges forwards, stopping behind the cold spinning and whirling around her as she advances on the front line, chuckling and stepping back out of range of her blizzard. "Oh, sorry about that! Here...these are all yours then!" The cold and ice whirling around her sheathes the complex inch by inch as she moves forwards towards the hapless guards.

The guards, for their part freeze and regroup just past the edge of the the blizzard, seemingly unwilling to advance. A figure with decorated, lighter black armor more akin to a shinobi's vest rushes out from within the gates of the complex back, shaking his head beneath to helmet, flashing several hand seals before straightening up as he looks over the assembled troops with a deep booming masculine voice. "Come on, what are you doing? Repel the invaders! They're that bloodline team - take them all alive and we'll share the rewards! Drop the ice brat first!"

A look of ferocity and determination, raw aggression seems to come over the guards as from his urgings, as the front row begins advance INTO the blizzard whirling around Natsumi, faces twisting and wincing in pain as the frost bites at their skin and chills them blue, their shields covered in frost but still held firm as they glare at her and Nishi, readying their swords with one hand, the lancers suffering equally behind them. The archers, just out of the blizzard in the rear draw their bows back with similarly fierce, singleminded expressions, letting one volley, then a second of arrows fly at the figure in the middle, the source of the blizzard.

You can see and hear another group of guards approaching from the inside the gates of the compound - past where the newcomer stands just outside of the gate.

Intiative 21 Nishi
20 Daichi/Shize
10 Natsumi
9 Guards/Newcomer

Archer 1 [roll0] Damage [roll1]
Archer 2 [roll2] Damage [roll3]
Archer 3 [roll4] Damage [roll5]
Archer 4 [roll6] Damage [roll7]
All at Natsumi.

All guards move 20 feet up - first shield row is 95 feet away from Shize and Daichi (assuming they stepped back out of the blizzard range). Lancers are 100 feet away, archers are 110 feet away from both of them.
Nishi is 20 feet away from the shield bearers, 25 from the lancers, 35 from the archers, 75 feet away from the newcomer and the gates of the compound.
Natsumi is 40 feet away from the shield row, 45 away from the lancers, and 55 away from the archers, 95 feet away from the newcomer and the gates of the compound
The newcomer is 40 feet behind from the archers - 95 feet away from Natsumi, 75 feet away from Nishi, 115 feet away from Shize and Daichi.

Anyone interested in what he just did can roll me Genjutsu or Ninja Lore.

And huh - good catch Chronic. Looks like Frankto took out the chakra conversion stuff. I might need to do a poll on OOC for your thoughts on that.

ChronicLunacy
2010-05-12, 10:43 PM
Ruyuno Daichi
Chakra: 17/36

"Natsumi-chan, fall back!" Daichi yelled out as he darted forward, grabbing his sword out of the ground as he moved and leaving behind a spray of dirt. In just a few seconds, Daichi was suddenly right in the faces of the men in the first rank of enemies, that sick grin leading the way.

"Sorry, but I can't allow you to do any more harm to Natsumi-chan, gentlemen. Her sister would freeze me to the marrow if I let anything happen to her. Now, I don't suppose you'll all move aside so that I can kill your commander? Giving that last order sort of signed his death warrant."

Double move toward the first row of enemies. I think this is my...fourth turn using my strength and speed ranks? I really should be keeping track. I can move 50 feet on a single move action, so I should be able to get there no problem.

PhoeKun
2010-05-17, 07:14 PM
Natsumi

Not particularly interested in listening to anybody's instructions, Natsumi proceeds steadily forward as two more arrows take the time to point out she'd wasted hers and Genira's time learning the ice armor technique. She winces, although not from the pain. She could hardly feel the things, after all.

Not that it mattered to anyone else. Hard for her to deal with. And when Daichi goes rushing past her, impossible. She lets out a small scream, and drops to her knees, face buried in her hands. The blizzard continues around her undaunted, assaulting everything it can reach with icy winds like daggers, wrapping tightly her and attempting to shield her from view...

Move 20 feet. Stop. Drop Speed and Strength Ranks. Attack action - concentration on Fubuki no jutsu.

Damage for the round: [roll0] Fort DC 21 halves.

Hit points: 58/74
Armor class: 21

Callos_DeTerran
2010-05-26, 12:41 AM
Nishi

Willl spend 9 chakra on LBOD jutsu (auto-succeed on the perform roll) and the rest of my action Dark knows. :smallwink:

Fort. Save: [roll0]

Dark_Prophet
2010-06-15, 02:24 PM
Nishi readies himself...as Daichi rushes forwards, moving into range of the spearmen.

Shize drops his bow, letting it fade back in a flash of light, raising his arms and shouting "GO DAI WAZA!". as a pair of scimitars appear in his hand, earthy brown in the left and airy white in the right, throwing them in a arc towards the genjutsu master, slicing into his chest with a crash of earth and a roar of wind. By the time they embed themselves, two more scimitars are in his hand, one red and one blue, your jounin having already sent them launching just below their embedded - where the blue one strikes with a roar of water, but the red, burning fire goes wide. A last scimitar appears in his hand, gleaming darkly as he holds it up, before sending it careening right above the others, straight in the unfortunate genjutsu Master's throat.

The four embedded swords carving a circle of Earth, Water, Air, and Void in his eviscerated torso as he reels back, clutching at them (Fire being conspicuously absent, lying several feet behind him on the ground). His concentration broken, the rest of the guards seem to lose their determination and bravery. "Contemplate the five...err...four rings engraved on your chest as you die!" He coughs, crossing his arms and glaring at the astray Fire scimitar as his opponent reels over.

Natsumi advances further ahead...and the guards who willing stepped into her cold embrace stop...and turn white, freezing in place, while those behind them begin to shiver. The full effect catches Nishi and Daichi, but does nothing to dissuade them as they press on.

The archers release another line of shots at Natsumi, but the demon that is Nishi jumps forwards directly into the path of their shot, taking them full in his tough body, growling at them.

The spearmen stumble back, shivering, their supernatural bravery broken with the death of the genjutsu master, as the inexorable tide continues to advance against them - breaking and running back towards the compound, leaving the archers standing there, with a angry Daichi and a enraged Nishi directly in front of them, as the next group comes to a halt just outside of the entrance to the compound, seeing the desolation before them.

(Nishi takes them, as he's intercepting)
Archer 1 Damage [roll1]
Archer 2 [roll2] Damage [roll3]
Archer 3 [roll4] Damage [roll5]
Archer 4 [roll6] Damage [roll7]

Shize
Earth Scimitar [roll8] Damage [roll]1d8+2d6+6 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2564225/)
Air Scimitar Damage [roll]1d8+2d6+6 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2564225/)
Water Scimitar Damage [roll]1d8+2d6+6 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2564225/)
Fire Scimitar Damage [roll]1d8+2d6+6 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2564225/)
Void Scimitar [roll12] Damage [roll13]

OOC: Sorry that took so long! Finally remembered my plan. Also figured I'd let you guys see a taste of what your jounin can do and all! :P

Archers are twenty feet away from Nishi and Daichi, in a firing line, while the spearmen are fifty feet away, just inside the compound's open gates.

PhoeKun
2010-06-16, 12:44 PM
Natsumi

The freezing winds slowly begin to die down around the battlefield, constricting the range of the lethal snowstorm until it is a tiny yet incredibly intense tornado around Natsumi. The arrows stuck into her body begin to freeze and crack under the pressure, crumbling away to leave her minor wounds open and her blood free to mix with the wintry air. All at once the storm stops, depositing a number of hauntingly beautiful pinkish ice crystals around the girl in a circular pattern.

She sits on the ground, sobbing openly. She can clearly see everyone advancing bravely in front of her. This only makes her cry harder. Warm tears fall from her eyes and splash against her ice armor, hissing imperceptibly with little bits of steam upon impact. Cracks start to form in the protective ice, growing larger and larger until it crumbles onto the floor beneath her.

Natsumi throws herself against the shards, trembling from her meager efforts to pull herself back together. She lies there, face down on the ground, no longer giving any sort of consideration to the battle before her. And why should she? The men were there to take care of things. To protect her.

"N-Neechan...I'm..." she whimpers.

Cease concentration on Fubuki no jutsu. Dismiss armor, now prone.

Armor class: 15

Dark_Prophet
2010-07-09, 01:44 AM
Theme #1 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-yHHjMbLbw)
There's a pause...and then the distant sound of a spoken order, although strangely mechanical and distorted. By the time Team Shize dispatches the last of the remaining opponents left outside, there's no sign of the last squad that was waiting inside the doorway - dropped weapons and bits of discarded armor along the corridor leading back into the compound, even past the doors to the now empty bunkers. While all appearances, including low, muted sirens point to a panicked retreat due to the devastation you've been cutting through them, something about the whole situation raises the hairs on the back of your necks.

The end of the corridor into the compound leads to a 40'' wide, metal circular room that seems to act as a intersection of four sealed doors - one on each wall. The one you came through was apparently left open in the hurry to retreat, while all three are currently closed - the guards must have fled into one of them.

Theme #2 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFOgvGSMcfE)
Upon a closer inspection, the area is some sort of loading bay, with stacks of sealed boxes piled in the center area, marked heavily with active seals - many seemingly medical in nature, but the majority are symbols you don't recognize - and part of that may be the source of the strange chills going down your spine. The door immediately across from you is much tighter and reinforced then the two off to the side - appearing by all purposes to be air tight. The other two are merely closed, with a inch of space seen under each of them, as the majority of all doors are.

Shize stops and looks around at the boxes. "Well well well...what have we here? There's something strange about those seals all right....some of them are medical, but there's plenty of forbidden ones - preservation, restraint...almost as if to keep something in. I wonder..." He approaches one of them, laying a hand across its smooth metal surface, then drawing it back and looking at his team. "The guards must have retreated to one of these rooms...hm...does anyone have the feeling that we're being watched?"

Get me spot and listen checks - either here or AIM.
Also anyone who's checking out the seals can get me a ninja lore.
Sorry again about the long pause!

PhoeKun
2010-07-09, 12:16 PM
Natsumi

The rest of the battle gives Natsumi time to cry her frustrations out on the ground, and by the time the others are finishing up their melee, she is standing, sniffling, and drying her eyes. She doesn't say anything, or even look anyone in the eyes as she follows her team and the trail of bodies.

There is a moment of hesitation. Maybe she should just leave, since she isn't needed. Maybe she should go home and tell her family she's not cut out to be a nin, after all. But... no. Her mother would cry, probably. And Neechan would be furious. Neither of those sound like good things... she soldiers on, instead.

Natsumi seems to take a particular interest in the boxes piled up in the loading bay. She stares closely at them, presses her face up against some of the seals, gets down on her knees to examine them from a different angle. She's seen them, she's sure. But where did... oh!

"I remember these! They're chakra seals! And those ones are for... kind of, making people's minds go to sleep. But why would you put those on a box?" She tilts her head. "That would be a silly waste, unless you were keeping... people... in...!?"

Natsumi takes a step back and turns several shades whiter than normal. Come to think of it, don't those boxes look an awful lot like, gulp, coffins? Come to think of it, don't they look exactly like the ones she used to sit on while chatting with the guards of that caravan?

Spot and Ninja Lore already rolled via AIM.

Listen: [roll0]

Callos_DeTerran
2010-07-12, 08:32 PM
Nishi

The peculiar genin boy swipes the blood off of his sword as the fight concludes, panting as the curse marks retreat from across his body. Soon he's pulling the arrows he had taken for Natsumi out of his body and carelessly discarding them as if they hadn't truly hurt him.

Upon entering the circular chamber though he seems to have returned to his former good cheer, smiling a bit as he opens up his umbrella and strolls casually around the chamber.

Huh? No...I don't think anyone's watching us..." he says a bit distractedly, going right up to the box that Natsumi was examining and pressing his ear up against it. He listens intently for a couple of minutes before shrugging idly.

"Hey Natsumi-chan," he whispers, as if about to impart some big secret, "Don't feel bad, kay? You and I both did good!"

ChronicLunacy
2010-07-24, 11:47 AM
Daichi

"So, do we open them or what?" Daichi asked bluntly, tapping his foot against one of the boxes with a few dull thuds. "Quickest way to find out what's going on here, right? If something horrible pops out we can always kill it." he added.

Just moving things along. Something is really wrong with my subscriptions and email updates. I seem to be getting new notifications, but for posts that happened at the beginning of June instead of more recently...and my private messages don't get notifications at all.

Dark_Prophet
2010-07-24, 06:18 PM
Theme (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WaREqoGn8os&feature=related)
Shize nods, and gestures to the team to help him open one of them, slashing open the medical seals. "The Swordsmen have been suspecting there's some kind of illegal substance that's been brought up." With both Nishi and Daichi's assistance, the box top of the box is slowly propped open, while Natsumi watches, pouting in the corner, her arms crossed as she glances uncomfortably around the area.

With a long, CRAACCCK, the top of the reinforced crate is drawn off, the reinforcing panels holding it down breaking it down, as it reveals....a boy. A dark-skinned, stocky boy of perhaps 8 with unkempt brown hair, wearing only white, generic undergarments. His form is still, as if dead, but there is color within his body, and no rotting smell - as if his life force had just been suspended.

Shize peers down at him, a strange look on your jounin's face, stepping back. "Well, well. What have we here? Stealing children from Iwagakure? And here I was expecting forbidden jutsu or illegal drugs..."

The child, who slowly begins to breath, his body stirring like as released statue, opens his eyes. As they look around the room, his face immediately wrought in fear at the two harsh Kirigakure-nin around him and then the strange pale boy beside them and the surprised, sulking girl in the back as he tries to draw back within the box, his mouth working in fear.

There's a HISS, as the passage behind you seals shut, locking you into the loading room with all of the other doors closed. A dry, cheerful grating voice seems to fill the room - emanating from the speakers on the corners of the room, complete with some now red glowing globes that vaguely resemble eyes. "Hello, intruders! I see you're taking a look at our little cargo - cute little shipments, aren't they? Its too bad they spoil if they're woken up early...but I digress. Who sent you? I'd like to know where to arrange appropriate...compensation for all of those lost guards. After I'm done seeing if your bodies have anything useful to offset those losses, of course..."

40 by 40 metal cube room - pile of box coffins in the middle. The path you guys came in just got sealed by a reinforced sliding door. The other two doors on your immediate left and right side are closed, but have a bit of a gap underneath them, so not airtight. There's a airtight, reinforced door in front of you. The door on the left was where the blood and remnants of the retreat guards went into, presumably locking it.

And ouch, that explains a lot - hope it gets fixed, Chronic. Good to have you back!

PhoeKun
2010-07-29, 04:51 PM
Natsumi

As the coffin is opened, Natsumi's hands fly up to cover her mouth as she gasps in horror. It was even worse than she thought... that was just a little kid! How could... who would...? Would he... spoil? Would he die?

She thrusts an accusatory finger in the direction of a loudspeaker.

"Hey, you shut up! I don't... you can't... look at this!" she flings her arms to the sides to gesture at all of the boxes. "I don't, we don't owe you squat; you're the bad guy here!"

Apparently very irritated and upset with the voice, Natsumi stalks around the room to each of the doors, feeling the metal with her hands, giving each a quick test punch, pushing on each one in turn, trying to figure out how they worked and how shut in they really were. Somewhere in this complex is a monster, and she is not about to sit there and let it get away with everything...

Callos_DeTerran
2010-08-14, 10:37 PM
Nishi

The boy in the box and Natsumi weren't the only ones who were confused by this mess, Nishi blinked twice out of confusion as he stared a the boy. How...exactly was he supposed to handle something like this after all? Daichi didn't seem to have any answers and Shize wasn't exactly giving a lot of direction. Natsumi was too busy hollering at the speaker, so Nishi stepped up to the side of the crate and casually unsheathes his new umbrella sword.

"Shize-sama, he's from Iwagakure, righhhhttt? Doesn't that mean he's here illegally?" Nishi asks as the light catches on the blade of his weapon, glinting brightly even as his utterly disturbing, cute face turns back towards his new squad leader, "Do you want me to kill'em before he learns anything about Kirigakure?"

Suddenly the bizarre androgynous genin seemed a bit more threatening then the two larger and fiercer looking shinobi...

Dark_Prophet
2011-01-03, 10:19 PM
Soundtrack (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=927lwH61lho)

Shize sighs. "No, don't kill him, Nishi. He's been kidnapped. And don't worry Natsumi - we're going to put a stop to this - whoever's behind it. Get back." He focuses, and a enormous greatsword made of black metal materializes into his hands, making him grunt as he catches it, the ground crushing in around his feet. He takes a step towards the enormous metal double doors, cracking the smooth foundations a bit more with the weight of it, addressing the loudspeaker situated over them. "Here's what's going to happen. You're going to open these doors, or I'm going open them." For emphasis he shifts his stance, drawing up the enormous blade for a swing.

"Haha...Oh fine...very well. I'll open it." With a hiss, a door slides open - but just not the one in the front that Shize brandishes his sword at. Instead, its the door to the right that opens - showing a large, dimly lit room full of cages - which are now empty, the doors propped ajar. Hissing and snarling emanates as humanoid forms surge forwards into the light of the main room. "I'll let you get acquainted with my other guests first, hm? They aren't much good for conversation though..."

None of the three beings that charge into the room are the same - while humanoid in shape, each has different traits. The first has a enormous muscled body covered in metal spikes which literally protrude from its skin, pushed up as it howls in pain and rage, distorted by the metal mask covering its face. "RrrraaaaaaawwRRWraaarRRRRaaa....!"

The second is more agile, with the scaly hide beneath rags, claws, and long snout of a reptile, hissing and showing its teeth as it jumps to the wall, clinging to it and surveying the room for prey - short cropped red hair falling down, her hazel eyes widening as if catching a scent. "Tsssss....!"

The last has grey, mottled skin that seems to cast shadows as it walks, dull green eyes with black irises that seem to look deep and past each of you into your hearts, instilling you with fear as it shambles towards you, wearing tattered black rags with a enormous hole in their middle, revealing a wide scar - its tangled, matted hair is also blonde in what might have once been a ponytail. "Auuuu....aaahhh..."

Take care of them....I'm breaking down this door! I'm going to kill this bastard!" Shize growls, hefting the enormous black blade against the door, cutting into its reinforcement, then drawing it out for a second blow.

Duh duh duh! Initiative time again! :D Henceforth Monday is the day I'll be posting as per the rules.

PhoeKun
2011-01-06, 07:27 PM
Natsumi

As the gigantic figure of metal spikes and twisted pain bears down on her, Natsumi can only give the... creature... a sad look. She shakes her head slowly, and turns to face her opponent head on. Already images from only minutes ago are flashing through her head - of Daichi and Shize and even little Nishi charging ahead like the valiant swordsmen they were leaving Natsumi behind unwanted and unneeded. Unnecessary. Her eyes darken.

"I'm sorry, Spikey-kun. We can't play any games, so this is going to hurt. Try to be quick about this, 'kay?"

Without waiting for whatever screech of a response was sure to come, Natsumi brings her hands together and flashes them through a series of seals. Water from her personal supply dances in the air, pooling together and freezing until a large, white tiger stands between them, hunched and snarling.

"Hyoukodan." she tells it, settling into a fighting stance and watching it pounce on its prey, tearing against spike and flesh with frozen claws...

Chakra: 27/55 Reserve: 20/20

Technique - Hyoukodan: Skill Threshold met. Spikey-kun takes [roll1] cold and slashing damage. Reflex DC 20 for half.

Good to be back! =D

Callos_DeTerran
2011-01-07, 11:56 AM
Nishi

"But Shize-senseiiii~!" Nishi whines in a plaintive voice before giving a soft and disgruntled sigh, there was no use in whining about the matter. After all, wasn't it rude to kill a person who couldn't fight back properly? He somewhat remembered his beloved sempai saying something to that effect...

Course, as he drifts away from the casket, looking down with his brow furrowed in thought about the subject, the door opens up to reveal the snarling figures that rush towards them all. He blinks in consternation at the sight of them, a thought niggling in the back of his head at the sight of the third one.

He looks real familiar for some reason... Nishi muses to himself as a great ice tiger pounces on the one. Still, if Natsumi was attacking then clearly he was supposed to as well. With a sinister click the adrogyneus boy pulls free his gift from Yumi and flicks it out in front of him with a playful smile on his face.

"Don't worry Scar-kun, I have to make this quick so no time to play!" Nishi promises...before leaping forward to stab his sword forth at the thing's scar with force enough to cleave stone in two, black curls of energy curling around the blade as Nishi's eyes widen, "Shinmei Ryu - Ken - Zanganken!

Nishi
AC: 19
HP: 42/69
Chakra: 16/38 Reserves: 12

Init.: 16 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2829846/)

Charging Zanmaken (not literal, just moving up to him) on the one with the scar. Automatically perform it due to skill threshold, using Cursed Strike and activating the Hail Crusher property of his decorated umbrella sword-cane along the way.

To Hit: [roll0]
To Confirm (If Critical): [roll1] Action Point to Confirm: 3 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2829839/)= 20
Damage: [roll2]+[roll3]
Critical Damage: [roll4]

Dark_Prophet
2011-01-10, 07:43 PM
Soundtrack (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ItNT68b9oqA)

Natsumi's ice swans curdle and cut at the enormous spiked figure's body rending it, drawing another "WWWWHWHHHRREEEE!" from within its mask as it closes the distance with her, charging at her and delivering a crushing strike with its right spike covered fist, slamming into her body lightning fast, delivering the force of the blow into her smaller body with a surging crash, sending her flying 20 feet back like one of her swallows, landing prone with a crash in a very unswallowlike manner. "TAAAAHHOOOOKKKEENN!"

Intiative [roll0]
Saving throw [roll1]
Attack [roll2]
[roll3]+[roll4]+[roll5] (Unarmed + spikes + Taihoken)
If hit, Fort save DC 25 or be knocked back 20 feet.

Meanwhile, as Nishi charges, slashing with his decorated sword cane as it wails with the fury of the winds, slashing across the figure's filthy garments and drawing a line of blood, causing her to stumble back, clutching at her body. "AAarrgghhhhh....uhh...Nishi...Nishi...." After a moment she reels back from the blow, as if only feeling the momentum and LOOKS directly at him, her eyes whirling madly, its hands falling into motions that look suspiciously like hand signals...and drawing him in as she leans closer. "Drown for me, Nishi...."

Intiative [roll6]
Nishi - Will save DC 22.
Water begins to fill the room...flowing in from the sides, until Nishi is surrounded by clear water. On a failed save, everyone else fades from view.

The redhaired lizard clenches its claws as she hangs against the wall, crackling bright orange blades of energy springing out from both its claws. Her gaze fixes on Daichi with its strangely reptilian eyes, and springs at him, pouncing at him blades first as he stares at her, slicing at him once, twice, a third, and then a fourth. "Hssss....diiieeeechii....DAICHI! DIIIIE! Diieee youuuu bassssssstard! HSSSSS! Youuuurrrrr fault!"

Intiative [roll7]
[roll8] [roll9]
[roll10] [roll11]
[roll12] [roll13]
[roll14] [roll15]

Chronic is Season 1 Sakura this round.

Shize hammers at the door, crushing it and taking a section of its reinforced part away, as both it and his sword gleam, looking back as his team engages in their fights, cutting in and watching it shake. "Damn it! Hang in there, I'll be there to help out in a moment!"

Intiative count and edits forthcoming.

Scar-chan 17
Nishi 16
Natsumi 15
Lizard-chan 13
Spikey-Kun 11

PhoeKun
2011-01-11, 05:44 PM
Natsumi

At first, Natsumi channels her inner Genira, a confident smirk forming as her technique hits home, and full force at that. But just as fast as she can put it up, the facade drops when "Spikey-kun" barrels through the snow-tiger completely uninhibited.

"W-wait wait! What are you-- GUH!"

Fist collides with rib cage and spine penetrates flesh, drawing blood and stopping disastrously close to the lung. There is a sickening crack as multiple ribs shatter from the impact. And ironically, the only thing that saves her life right then and there is the sheer force of the blow, lifting her into the air and sending her hurtling into a nearby wall. The air rings with the sound of two more impacts - one against the wall, and the other after her unceremonious flop on the floor, where she lays writhing and whimpering. One second ticks by. Two. The behemoth strides forward to finish off his prey...

Suddenly her head jerks up, a cold and baleful light gleaming in her eyes. Fingers twist in the direction of the pile of ice and snow that had been her tiger.

"Y-you... should... play NICE!"

Her hand snaps shut into a fist as a pair of gleaming ice blades rise into the sky behind him. They hover for just a moment before streaking off toward different targets; one impaling the spiked giant, while the other digs into the back of the scarred woman fighting Nishi. Desperately, she scrambles to her feet, heaving with exhaustion. Did... did that do it?

Hit points: 13/74
Chakra: 19/55 Reserve: 20/20

Natsumi strikes the wall and takes [roll0] additional damage.

Technique - Hyourento. Skill threshold achieved. Spikey-kun and Scar-chan each take [roll1] Cold damage, Ref DC 17 for half.

ChronicLunacy
2011-01-12, 11:20 AM
Daichi
Defense: 24 (Dodge on Lizard-Chan)
HP: 59/78

When the lizard thing leaped in his direction, Daichi just smiled and let it come. Even as it ripped into him twice, raking long furrows into his chest, he hardly blinked. Despite it being so angry and intent on his destruction, he seemed rather calm, almost intrigued. If it wasn't for the sick grin on his face and the look in his eyes, one might guess that he was going to try and talk it down.

"Have we met?" he asked calmly.

Suddenly, he gripped the handle of the massive, jagged greatsword he'd been given and brought it slicing upward with incredible speed, strength, and ferocity. Smoke and small embers trailed in the blade's wake and blood sizzled upon the blade if it managed to drink from its enemy. Ruyuno followed up immediately with a second overhand slash, the blade making audible wooshing noises as it cut through the air on the way to the target.

Strength and Speed Ranks no longer dormant.
Attack 1: [roll1] (19 total)
Action Point to Improve: [roll2]
Damage 1: [roll4] (+1 Fire Damage)
Damage 2: [roll5] (+1 Fire Damage)

Callos_DeTerran
2011-01-12, 10:11 PM
Nishi

"Huh? You know my name? Now I really wonder...did I kill you before?" Nishi muses aloud as the figure clutches at herself then leans in close as if to pull her in for a hug. Well that was awfully friendly and cordial of her! If he wasn't in the middle of trying to messily murder her then he might have even accepted it too! Course, then water began to pour in from all around him and, before he could think to hold his breath, he was submerged up beyond his head. A hand claws at his throat, face full of shock as wide blue eyes appeared all around him.

What kind of amazing person was Scar-chan to summon water from nothing?! It was almost too much to believe and, all too soon, he notices that he's seemingly alone in a vast ocean. If it wasn't for the burning in his lungs he'd be amazed! The endless depths below, the shimmering light above from the light fixtures...then everything started to turn black and Nishi remembered there was no air.

Until reality abruptly re-asserts itself and his jaw drops. It was all fake!? A lie?! How...how could Scar-chan force a lie on him?! A burning sensation began to burn across the small of his back until he wrests control of his emotions back.

...And viciously stabs Scar-chan in the same wound he had made the first time, lip curling up in a snarl.

"Yumi-sensei says liars must be punished! LIAR!" he spits out through clenched teeth.

Nishi
AC: 21
Chakra: 12/38 Reserves: 8

Activating Speed and Strength ranks 2.

Control Cursed Seal (Quicken) roll: [roll0] Bonuses not included below.
Chakra Control to draw from Reserves: [roll1]

ZANMANKEN!
Attack: [roll2]
Critical Confirmation: [roll3]

Damage: [roll4]
Critical Damage: [roll5]

Dark_Prophet
2011-01-17, 10:43 PM
Soundtrack (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xoXBh0YYMS4)

Spikey-kun growls behind its mask, its flesh frozen, bloody and raw as it looms over Natsumi. "RraaAaarrRRgggGhhh...." It grabs her, her ice claws narrowling missing him as he slams past her attempt to kawarimi, drawing the much smaller figure back into its spike-covered body as hot, wretched breath gusts from its facemask, smelling of stale meat.

And then amazingly, Natsumi wrestles free, breaking his hold on her, breathing hard, blood running from the punctures from his spikes as she steps back. Spikey-kun similarly steps back, pacing with her as if reappraising her strength.

Spikey-kun Reflex save vs. Natsumi DC 17 [roll0]
Touch Attack [roll1] Opposed Grapple [roll2] If grabbed [roll3]

Daichi's first attack misses, but his second slides past her scales, burning a hole as she lets out a shrill hiss of pain, clutching at her side as it burns. She draws back and holds the second soul edge up defensively as her forked tongue flicks out. "HSSSSS! You don't even REMEMBER? You DEMON! RUSTBLOOD DEMON!"

As she finishes speaking, she bursts into action - bounding forwards, and running slowly around the sabiketsu. "Hsssss....killed the othersssss....captured me and Viera...You cost ussssss everything!"

Refer as Ryuusui no Ugoki for effects.
Hide [roll4]+10

The figure reels back, its skin turning brittle from Natsumi's blast of ice as it wails, and then Nishi's sword cane pierces it through the scar. As the tip of the swordcane whistles plunging it in and tearing it apart from the inside asits body shatters, blood erupting from its eyes and mouth, collapsing and sliding off of the blade as the air whirls angrily around it and Nishi. "Guuuhhhhh-*"

Reflex save vs Natsumi DC 17 [roll5]
And dies.

Shize swings again, this time cutting deep into the door, sundering it with his third strike with the enormous cleaver, revealing, revealing the glimpse of the much wider darker, circular room beyond - full of floating tanks and forbidden seals - and the dim, vague silhouette bent over a operating table.

"There, its almost open - is everyone ready to-?" Your jounin turns, looking back at the sound of the struggle, his eyes surveying the situation, instantly snapping to alert as he looks at the battered, bloody Natsumi and the encircled Daichi. "Natsumi! Daichi? Are you all right?"

Intiative count and the following
Daichi 21
Nishi 16
Natsumi 15
Lizard-chan 13
Spikey-Kun 11
Shize 10

PhoeKun
2011-01-18, 01:09 AM
Natsumi

"Y-y-you're... you're k-kidding me!"

Natsumi's eyes open wide with terror as she bares witness to the impossible: Spikey-kun is still standing. Still fighting. Still coming closer... blood leaks from multiple wounds at an outright dangerous rate, hissing with steam as the near-frozen liquid collides with the comparatively warm floor. The air around her is becoming painfully cold, and the young girl's clothing does nothing to offer protection. She shivers, in obvious discomfort and outright panic. And then, he reaches for her.

Frantically, she tries to pool her chakra together, tries to blink out of the way like she was taught, but he's too fast. Or she's too slow. Fetid breath reaches her nostrils, and she retches. Massive arms close around her and start to squeeze. Spikes puncture a few more holes in her already perforated body. If Spikey-kun was the type to stop and think, he would notice how... cold it suddenly was. Natsumi screams. Her arms fly to his, and... push.

Suddenly she is on the ground again, trembling and convulsing... until Shize calls out to her. Then she is snarling. Not again.

"I'm FINE!!"

Her fingers flash through seals impossibly fast, and she raises her arms in the air, causing buffeting winds to swirl around Spikey-kun. Colder, colder, colder... SNAP! The air fills with a loud crack as the moisture around her opponent instantly freezes into a column of crystal clear ice... one crack forms, then two... but no more. Spikey-kun is trapped forever in her prison, motionless and beautiful. She grins, a wicked sort of smile not of mirth, but savage triumph.

"S-see!? I t-t-told you I could... eep.

With the danger more or less abated, the massive blood loss finally catches up to Natsumi, and she slumps against the wall, coughing and hacking. Her bravado, her pride, leaks out of her drip by crimson drip.

"Sh-Shize-sensei... I th-think I need..." Cough, hack, wheeze. She wipes blood from her lip. "...need a doctor." she whimpers.

Hit points: 7/74
Chakra: 11/55 Reserve: 20/20

Technique - Hyourindan no Jutsu. Skill threshold achieved. Spikey-kun takes [roll0] Cold damage. Reflex save DC 18 for half.

Callos_DeTerran
2011-01-21, 10:08 PM
Nishi

As his foe shatters into dozens of little pieces of ice, Nishi looks down on the mess of already melting pieces with the same angered expression that he had before. To think such a disgraceful thing had been perpetrated, truly liars were the very worst sort of people, and it seemed that the commander of the liar was behind the door. Or rather, someone was. It didn't really matter who it was, he just had to kill it. That's what Yumi-sensei had taught him.

Oh wait. She taught me something else too...

The almost disturbingly cute boy begins to hum to himself as he reaches down to his shuriken pouch, fetching out three of the sharp things and palming them thoughtfully. Each one had a happy face drawn on them with red marker, something to make them more cheery then they normally would be. Little touches like that were important. Another important lesson!

"Hmmm mmmmhmmm mmmmhhh mmmhhmm...Heeeyyy~! I'm coming for you now, are you ready?" Nishi calls out to the man by the table, idly flicking the three shuriken through the air. However it'd been some time since he'd last practiced with them and two flee almost alarmingly wide to embed themselves into the wall, "I was always taught to fight with style, you know? If you can't look good fighting then you should rethink about fighting. So help me look good for my new sempai, kaayyyyyy~?"

At the last, drawn out word, Nishi blurs forward with a deceptively calm smile upon his lips as he swings his new sword up into the air to bring it down atop the figure's head. Wind continues to howl around the blade, honing the edge to a killer cut.

"Mmmm mmnnmm hmmm!" He hums...

Nishi
Chakra: 4/38 Reserves: 8

Activating Speed and Strength ranks 2.

Control Cursed Seal (Quicken) roll: [roll0] Bonuses not included below in case it fails.

Dust Dance attacks
1st: [roll1] [roll2]
2nd: [roll3] [roll4]
3rd:[roll5] [roll6]

Charge!
Attack: [roll7]
Critical Confirmation: [roll8]

Damage: [roll9]
Hail Damage: [roll10]
Critical Damage: [roll11]

Dark_Prophet
2011-01-25, 02:00 AM
Soundtrack (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0MF1AAwZEbk)

Nishi's first shuriken hits the man, pinning its bulky lab coat against him. His hit lands as with his wailing sword cane, tearing a long swath across the coat, cutting it away....revealing a nightmarish sight beneath.

His body is a stitched together set of flesh, every inch of dark skin sewn onto the main body. Four extra arms extend from its back, but they're obviously not his own, as they're much lighter colored then the stolen skin. And the worst things are the eyes on its otherwise normal looking face compared to the nightmare of a body. One eye is red with a black iris, and three black tomoe rotating around it, while the other is pure white - each focused in a glare at Nishi as he takes a step back. "That is QUITE enough of that."

The figure lashes out with its attached hands, sending a vicious burst of web at the demonic boy, latching onto him and then sending him flying back through the doors past Shize. "A Cursed Seal - but without the seal. Its too bad his kind are absolutely useless without their full potential, you know. Just like the Sabiketsu - utter garbage. But....ah yes, the Hyouma. That would be how you survived the experiments."

The right eye's tomoe whirl faster, solidifying, while the nerves attached to the left stand out as both are activated. His gaze focuses back through the battered down door towards Natsumi, twisting into a cruel smile. "Yes, I'm so very glad you're fine - the Hyouma bloodline one of the few I've been lacking a proper specimen for."

Touch attack on Nishi [roll0]
Flung [roll1]x5 feet forwards (door is 20 feet away).

Outside, Soryu bursts into action as she circles Daichi, taking advantage of his inaction to move into a flurry of blows, laughing and cackling as she swings at him, moving faster and faster as her blades flicker and crackle, tasting his skin. "SSSSS! Hahahaahahaa........I will kill you ssssssssllowly....I will make you beg for forgivenessssssssssss......"

Lizard chan
[roll2] (1d8+8) 15 damage (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2856689/)
[roll3] (1d8+8) 15 damage (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2856689/)
[roll4] (1d8+5)
[roll5] (1d8+5) 13 damage (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2856689/)

Also: Ninjutsu and Ninja Lore checks for the low down IC, but I'm sure you guys can figure it out OOC :P

Edit: Now with dam-OH WOW

ChronicLunacy
2011-01-25, 06:44 AM
Daichi
Defense: 24 (Dodge on Lizard-Chan)
HP: 59/78

OOC: So, this is supposed to happen before Lizard-Chan's last action. Daichi's got initiative on her.

Daichi's first attack misses, but his second slides past her scales, burning a hole as she lets out a shrill hiss of pain, clutching at her side as it burns. She draws back and holds the second soul edge up defensively as her forked tongue flicks out. "HSSSSS! You don't even REMEMBER? You DEMON! RUSTBLOOD DEMON!"

As she finishes speaking, she bursts into action - bounding forwards, and running slowly around the sabiketsu. "Hsssss....killed the othersssss....captured me and Viera...You cost ussssss everything!"

"I'm sensing some hostility here." Daichi said as he watched Lizard-Chan move slowly around him. That grin never wavered as he stabbed his sword swiftly into the ground and made a few quick seals. "But you called me 'rustblood'. That hurts my feelings."

Daichi's cheeks contorted out and he looked briefly like he was going to be sick. Then he started spewing out a thick, black tar onto the ground, coating the ground and possibly his secretly fast-moving enemy in it. It clung to her feet if she passed through it, reducing her to a slow crawl and hopefully ruining her deceptively fast speed technique.

Finally, his hand closed around the handle of his sword and he drew it quickly out of the ground again. There was something familiar about his enemy. She obviously knew him...and that name, Viera... Hm...sounded familiar, but he couldn't quite place it.

See Mizuame Nabara for details as per our PMs. Daichi makes the skill requirement for the technique.

Callos_DeTerran
2011-01-29, 07:58 PM
Nishi

The web takes Nishi by surprise, flinging a pink-colored blur through the air past Shize before he nimbly springs up to his feet, rubbing his backside as a cross look crosses his face. "Heeyyy~! What was that for? I didn't spit on you!"

However, contrary to expectations, he didn't charge back into melee with the deformed figure though and instead raised both of his hands. Quickly he forms a 'gun' with one hand and uses the other to steady it, sighting down his index finger with the tip of his tongue sticking out the side of his mouth. Soon white light begins to gather at the tip of his finger until a bright bullet launches through the air at the mad doctor.

"Bang!"

Nishi
Chakra: 1/38 Reserves: 8

Control Cursed Seal (Quicken) roll: [roll0] Bonuses not included below in case it fails.

Crushing Air Palm!
Attack: [roll1]
Damage: [roll2]

PhoeKun
2011-01-31, 09:19 PM
Natsumi

"Specimen? You mean... me?"

Natsumi trembles under the gaze of the bizarre and terrifying eyes of the man addressing her. She shakes with the effort from standing, sparing a glance at the frozen Spikey-kun. That had taken almost everything. And yet, this guy looked so much tougher than that. And if that was true... she was dead. No, not dead. Worse. She squeaks in fright. No no no no nonononono... no more pride, no more proving herself. Help. Lots of help. She turns to Daichi, who is still "playing with his food", not a care in the world. Wasn't he listening?

Dismayed, she turns frantically between Shize and the seemingly outmatched Nishi, hoping for... for what? If they weren't here, would she just let him take her?

"D-d-do you think you can take me... j-just like th-that?"

Spikey-kun's prison starts to crack, several large shards lifting up and spinning around Natsumi as she staggers forward, mixing with her blood until they glisten like rubies.

"Well, think again!"

The shards rip forward, skewering the villain's freakish, unnatural arms, two more aimed at his chest. Natsumi stumbles, but does not go down.

Chakra: 4/55 Reserve: 20/20

Technique - Hyourento. Never mind the wholly different fluff I just gave it compared to before. I'm not going to bore myself giving the same description for a technique 20 times over. Bossface McJerkington takes [roll0] Cold damage, Reflex DC 17 for half.

Dark_Prophet
2011-02-01, 02:56 AM
Soundtrack (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8q6uShocSFg)

Soryu darts around - stopping and slowing as she steps on Daichi's trap, her speed slowing - or to the perception, seeming to increase to merely running circles around him as her eyes widen, causing her technique to fail as she swings her energy blades prematurely at him, struggling to regain her speed to no avail on the sticky floor, stopping just outside of capture field warily. "Ssssss...!"

Lizard-Chan's reflex [roll0] to avoid syrup

The nightmarish figure grunts as Natsumi's ice slams into it, freezing part of its body. It reels back just in time to duck Nishi's energy blast with a look of surprise.
Dr. Boss's reflex [roll1] DC 17, so half damage

Shize focuses, looking at the doctor with a look of concentration, then walks forwards, extending one hand in the air, the zanbatou held in the other. A gleaming blue greatsword appears in it, translucent as if made out of crystal, and he casually tosses it over his shoulder towards Daichi, sliding into the ground of his capture field and gleaming with the flow of water.

As he walks past Nishi, a black, opaque katana materializes that drops into the ground at his feet - hissing as it shatters the floor around it, causing fragments to drift up as it seems to draw in all that approaches it. He stops just several feet from the figure, raising the back of the free hand in a challenge towards him, a small smile on his face. "Oh, I won't need to sully my blades with the blood of pathetic, miserable body scavenger like you."

The doctor smiles back with his dual whirling eyes, clenching his hands, and drawing out stone armor from the very earth itself, fitting it around every aspect of his nightmarish body. He gestures, and there's a crackle of chakra as not one, but six chakra scalpels crackle into existence as he advances towards the confident jounin. "Just for that, I'll start with you. In front of all your apprentices. But don't worry, I won't kill you...I could use the hands of a smith."

Epic Legendary Level 26 Shieldblade Tidal Force Greatsword
Epic Legendary Level 26 Mystical Bloodthirster Katana

Also, you guys can opt to catch it during a move action like "Drawing a Weapon", with a suitably awesome description. ;)

Intiative
Daichi 21
Nishi 16
Natsumi 15
Lizard-chan 13
Shize 10
Dr. Boss 7

Callos_DeTerran
2011-02-02, 02:22 AM
Nishi (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9v--NbcRKwo&feature=related)

Nishi pouts as his air palm blast flew wide of it's intended mark, lower lip quivering with the beginnings of a murderous temper tantrum before Shize walked past and...a sword falls out of mid air! A bright light comes to the bizarre genin's eyes even as his body explodes into motion, tossing his own sword-cane up into the air even as he jumps into the air to catch the black katana before it can hit the ground.

Aahhh~! If Yumi-sensei saw me using an in-elegant weapon like this, she'd scold me silly! But I can't just insult Shize-sempai by refusing to...use...it...There's an idea!

Even as the nimble boy begins to fall back towards the ground, flaming marks explode out from underneath of his kimono to spread across every inch of bare skin in sight, covering Nishi in black lotus pedals as a maniacal grin comes to his face. He swivels in mid air, everything seeming to go by in slow motion as he turns in a languid spin in mid-air. There was his own prettily decorated sword-cane tumbling through the air back down towards him, there was Daichi playing with Lizard-chan, and...oh my, Nasumi-chan was upset! A fast-paced growl buzzes out of Nishi's lips as he launches the black katana with terrifying speed and force, burying it in the ground between the demented doctor and Shize as he lands in crouch, opening his hand just in time to catch Yumi-sensei's gift to him and give it a quick spin before leveling it horizontally in front of his body.

"Doctor, doctor, DOCTOR! You aNd I areN'T dONe playiNG yet!!! You don't get to make Nasumi-chan tremble then go and play with Shize-sempai! You and I have to finish playing FIRST!!!" Nishi giggles out dementedly, briefly wetting his lips as a burning blood-lust continues to rise in his deceptively small and frail-looking body. His blood sings with release as the dark and wild power roars through his veins, empowering Nishi's mind as well as his body. He could do ANYTHING! He WOULD do anyhting! Especially to the mean doctor who was threatening his friends! And oh how many ideas to make him pay flashes through Nishi's mind then!

Actions rolled over chat with Dark. Nishi activated seal, caught the katana, activated the Bloodthrister seal (free action) and threw the katana.

Nishi
AC: 22
Chakra: 1/38 Reserves: 6

ChronicLunacy
2011-02-05, 01:08 PM
Daichi

Daichi calmly walked forward into the syrup capture field to pick up the greatsword that had been thrown to him. "You couldn't just toss it to me, could you?" he asked rhetorically as he put up his own sword and replaced it with the new one in one swift movement. Then, floating on top of the syrup instead of being mired in it, he turned to regard Lizard-Chan again.

"So I think I might remember you guys now. Didn't I kill most of you already? Oh wait, you impaled me with an chakra blade at one point didn't you? I think I'll need to pay you back for that one." he grinned. "I gotta admit I never gave you guys a second thought after we kicked your butts the first time. So this is what happened to you, huh? Tough breaks." he chuckled.

Since the greatsword went into the syrup capture field and I can't run or charge across it, I had to use Tadayou (meets the skill requirement) in order to negate the penalty. Since Tadayou is a move action, then I moved again to pick up the sword, I can't attack this round. :smallsigh: So we'll fill the space with chatter, set up a Shundou evade for her next attack, and hope I don't die.

Taijutsu: [roll0] (Total 35)
Action Point: [roll1]

PhoeKun
2011-02-06, 12:47 AM
Natsumi

Natsumi's lungs burn with exhaustion from the sheer effort of standing and her constant shivering. Although the unique properties of her blood and chakra are almost assuredly what is currently keeping her from bleeding out on the floor just like that, she can't help but hate them. This is the pain and discomfort that Genira made her train to diminish, and as she's gotten stronger, it's only gotten worse. Little snowflake-tears form in her eyes as she watches Nishi and Shize take up the creepy doctor's attention. The creepy doctor who had just shrugged off one of her most powerful techniques.

Ok... tactical reassessment. She turns a bit and watches Daichi pick up the weapon Shize created for him. Daichi, strong and awesome and always grinning in the face of danger. Daichi is needed. Daichi is the answer. Can't let him mess around any longer, or Lizard-chan would limit his ability to damage the real threat. Maybe he'd be angry with her for interfering, but if she didn't, all he'd have to yell at is a corpse. So nuts to him.

Natsumi's arm reaches out toward the now-visible Lizard-chan, her fingers grasping at the air and pulling tightly. The air between them suddenly grows colder, and Natsumi shares all her pain and stiffness with the last of the three experiments. Snapping her hand closed into a fist, Lizard-chan's left arm rapidly starts to ice over...

"N-no more time for you. Go ahead and die already..."

Chakra: 8/55 Reserve: 10/20

Move Action - Tap Reserves: For 10 Temporary Chakra. 1d20+9 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2875024/) = 24.

Technique - Katawa Haijin no jutsu Lizard-chan must make a DC 19 Fortitude save or take a -2 penalty to Strength and Dexterity, as well as lose the use of her left arm.

Dark_Prophet
2011-02-08, 01:39 AM
Soundtrack incoming (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xrmzsGo_zdo)

Soryu, or Lizard chan, as she's known now, hisses again, watching as Daichi picks up the sword in the middle of the syrup. "Sssss...hmph! I don't need to take another sssssstep to end your pathetic exisssssstence!"

She raises both of her blades of energy, tensing, and then letting out a wailing cry as Natsumi freezes her main arm. The second one follows through with the motion, sending the orange flickering soulblade straight at Daichi's body. But he isn't there - instead it buries itself into the ground behind him as he vaults up into the air just above her, the blue wave pattern greatsword clenched in both hands. It glimmers in the light as it begins to descend, her reptilian gaze looking into his own rage twisted smile as he drops straight towards her.

Lizard Chan Fort save DC 19
Kodachi 1 (disregard this, as it never happened.) Attack [roll1] Damage roll]1d6+6
Kodachi 2 (presumably this is the one daichi is avoiding) [roll2] Damage [roll3]

Sorry Chronic, I meant for it to land at Daichi's feet/be easily grasped or accessible - my bad. You can take a extra standard action next round as a result - at the end of your Shundou if you dodge towards her (if you want) :P

Shize takes a deep breath, taking a step away from the six armed figure as a glimmering kodachi of wrought ice appears in his hand, throwing it back behind him - landing at Natsumi's feet. "Sorry, I was planning on saving these for later. You know, with a ceremony and all that."

The devil eyed doctor smirks as the black katana goes wide from Nishi's throw and lands at his feet, cutting into the polished floor. "Your apprentices are pathetic, Swordsman. You should be worrying for...YOURSELF!" He takes a step in, slicing into Shize with each of his six arms in a flurry of motion as the chakra blades waver, bursting into a brown, trembling radiance as the ground beneath him shakes with every slash.

Your unarmored jounin keeps his arms behind his back as the exarch tears into him. dodging to the left and the right for each of the six arms, almost as if anticipating each strike as his eyes gleam in the faded light of the laboratory. "Right, anytime you're ready then...?" The third catches him by surprise, slashing a jagged brownish red line across his chest, which causes him to reach down look at it.

The doctor cries out in victory, but it soon fades to a strangled sound of frustration as Shize continues to look at the blood on his hand and the cut, idly dodging the next three thrusts, nodding patronizingly. "Hmm....not bad. Not bad at all. Decent form. Who did you steal that from?"

Attack 1 [roll4] [roll5]
Attack 2 [roll6] [roll7]
Attack 3 [roll8] [roll9]
Attack 4 [roll10] [roll11]
Attack 5 [roll12] [roll13]
Attack 6[roll14] [roll15]

Intiative
Daichi 21
Nishi 16
Natsumi 15
Lizard-chan 13
Shize 10
Dr. Boss 7

Legendary Chilling Shieldblade Kodachi at Natsumi's feet.

Callos_DeTerran
2011-02-10, 08:12 PM
Nishi

A petulant pout forms across the transformed boy's face as the doctor not only continued to ignore him, he insulted him! The man just had no sense of manners or style and it was really starting to get under Nishi's skin! To rectify this unseemly problem would take direct and violent action, the very best kind in Nishi's mind!

And so he dashes forward, circling about the heavily mutated doctor until he crouches on the opposite side of him from Shize, gripping his umbrella sword nervously and waiting for the moment to strike. Yumi-sensei had always said there would be a minute opening in an opponent's defenses to strike at if they were distracted by an ally, and that's what Nishi was looking for now. That inevitable slip-up that would spell his chance to wreak great harm upon this freak and...THERE IT WAS!

"Don't be mean Freak-san! AND STOP IGNORING ME!" the feminine boy howls as he thrusts forward with his umbrella sword, the slashing winds swirling about it's blade beginning to slowly fade. They wouldn't last much longer so Nishi had to make the best of them!

ChronicLunacy
2011-02-10, 10:14 PM
Daichi
Defense: 29 (Dodge on Lizard-Chan)
HP: 16/78
Chakra: 11/36

"Playtime's over. Enjoy your future as my new pair of boots." Daichi said as he reached the height of his arching, teleport jump. Before landing, he briefly let go of the greatsword for a moment to perform a few quick seals, then grabbed it out of midair once more. As he swung the giant sword, the blade exploded into liquid, accelerating past his lazy fall and using its substance to become a roaring water dragon headed right toward Lizard-Chan! The water dragon, serpent-like, rolled over her snapping and slashing, making it impossible to block and with Lizard-Chan still in the syrup field, difficult to dodge as well. However, that was just the warm up.

The greatsword's fluid substance flowed back over the hilt and formed into what looked like a blade of sea-blue metal as he descended on Lizard-Chan holding it high over his head. The greatsword trailed water behind it as some power activated within it in reaction to Daichi's bloodlust. When he landed, it was with a straight vertical slash from Lizard-Chan's shoulder to thigh on one side. Then, moving fluidly into a crouch, Daichi spun and followed it up with a knee-high horizontal cut intended to sever both of her legs.

With successive hits, Daichi's new weapon's blue color began to be tainted by swirls of crimson, like the blade was drinking in Lizard-Chan's pain.

Suiryuudan no Jutsu (Water Dragon Blast Technique) as my extra standard action before my full attack. Daichi makes the skill requirement and I believe he's far enough away at the start of the turn/end of last turn not to provoke an AoO. She gets a reflex for half damage, but I think she gets a penalty for being stuck in the syrup capture field. I don't need a water source because of the sword's Tidal Force ability. This thing is awesome!

Suiryuudan no Jutsu Damage: [roll0]

Attack 1: [roll1] (Total: 15)
Action Point Just Because: [roll2]
Damage 1: [roll3]
Extra Water Damage (Tidal Force): [roll4]

Attack 2: [roll5]
Damage 2: [roll6]

EDIT: I'm going to cry. What is it that the dice roller has against me? What the flying fornication do I have to do to get good rolls in this fight? :smallfurious:

PhoeKun
2011-02-11, 12:51 AM
Natsumi

Natsumi's eyes are drawn to the area around her feet, and more specifically at the beautiful icy blade now lying there. She stares at her haggard reflection mirrored on its surface, mesmerized, and kneels down to pick it up. But the awkward weight of the weapon in her hands serves as a quick snap back to reality. She sighs.

"Sh-Shize-sensei!! I... I d-don't know how to use this thing!"

She briefly considers just throwing it like Nishi had done with his sudden gift, but despite the strangeness she felt holding a sword, it's also an oddly... comforting feeling. Like it can protect her, keep her safe. And maybe it's just her, but she could swear there's suddenly the faintest smell of peppermint in the air. Much too pleasant to simply discard. But still, without a way to use it... wait!

"Watch who you're calling pathetic!"

Raising the kodachi in the air, Natsumi stabs the blade into the ground and attempts to force her chakra through it. At first, it looks like so much wasted effort. But just as Nishi was setting up his flank with Shize, the ground beneath the monstrous "doctor" begins to crack and tremble. SNAP! The floor cracks open, making way for a beautiful blue-white ribbon of ice to burst through, spiraling around the villain and binding him from head to toe. The ribbon cuts into him, freezing several patches of skin before crumbling away, leaving him and the nearby floor covered in frost and rime...

Natsumi smiles, rather playfully. For just a moment, she forgets the pain in favor of the wonder of having a new toy...

Chakra: 1/55 Reserve: 10/20

Technique - Hyourento, one last time. Yes, it really is going to have a different visual effect every single time. :smalltongue:

Damage: [roll0] cold damage plus [roll1] additional cold damage, with an additional 1 cold damage per round for the next three rounds. Dangerous toys are fun, but you could get hurt. DC 17 Reflex as per usual

Dark_Prophet
2011-02-15, 12:08 AM
Soundtrack (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S046VBHkQ-8)

Lizard Chan hisses, trying to dart out of the way as Daichi sends the water dragon her way, tearing through her. One arm hanging limp and frozen, she swings at him with her free hand wildly. Her yellow eyes burn brightly as she spits and struggles against the wild eyed fate in front of her. "DAICHI! I...SSS...will kill you. ssss...I'll dig my way out of hell."

Attack [roll0] Damage [roll1]
Attack [roll2] Damage [roll3]
Reflex save vs water dragon. [roll]1d20+4[/roll[ (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2893067/) = 9 FAILS(reflex dc 17)

The doctor lets out a wail as Nishi's stab goes straight through his armor, his howling distorting as the wind rips through his lungs, his six arms flailing as he staggers back. "YOU!"

And then Natsumi's ice blast hits him as she brandishes the kodachi, freezing the hole in his armor, parts of his body turning blue. Shize adds to the insult by tapping him with his hand, catching and stadying the figure on the shoulder before shoving him back. "Careful there, are you all right? Everyone always tends to underestimate Nishi, and he doesn't like it..."

"Aaahkk..raggh..." He stumbles up straight....then focuses, the chakra scalpels dissipating as hands fold together, focusing the fingers into points as the each of his arms move around to a contemplative ready stance, a vicious smile appearing on the slash of skin he has for a mouth. "Hkk...oh that is IT."

"That is QUITE enough of that."He swings into a flurry of motion, swinging the first strike at Shize as the Jounin dodges. Then, his eyes turn towards Nishi, the white iris and the red whirling blending together like yin and yang as they fall towards their true target. The doctor strikes Nishi's chest four times like a rapid fire machinegun, sending the boy sprawling back with a confident smirk.

"Underestimate? Hardly - you can't underestimate garbage that gets lucky. Now...where were we?" He turns back to Shize, his fists clenching in the stance, one eye rolling towards Natsumi. "Watch closely, parts - you'll only be able to see this next bit once."

Natsumi freeze [roll4] (reflex dc 17)

Strike 1 [roll5] Damage [roll6]

Strike 2 [roll7] Damage [roll8] (1 tenketsu Fort save DC 21)
Strike 3 [roll9] Damage [roll10] (ditto)
Strike 4 [roll11] Damage [roll12] (ditto)
Strike 5 [roll13] Damage [roll14] (ditto)

Spot checks at leisure to notice what Shize actually did.

Callos_DeTerran
2011-02-16, 07:44 PM
Nishi

Nishi's savage grin begins to fade as...was he STILL ignoring him?! The raven-haired boy all but trembles with rage as the freaky doctor turned his attention back to Shize to put him out of mind once more in an act that infuriates the young, odd boy.

"STOP IGNORING ME!" Nishi shrieks, just as the doctor turns back to him and lashes out with four needle-like thrusts with his hands. The kimono boy is able to avoid two of the strikes, beginning to smile confidently when the other two slip past his defenses to hit home.

"Gah!" he cries out as he stumbles back, feeling something...weird that he hadn't ever felt before. Was it something the doctor had done? Well..it didn't really matter in the end, not for the beat-up looking Nishi, who takes advantage of the doctor's continued disinterest to rush back in with the aid of chakra-augmented leg muscles to bring his sword up high.

"Grrr...STOP CALLING ME GARBAGE YOU UGLY..UGLY...BAKA!" He shrieks at the last moment as he brings the sword down on the freak's right shoulder(s?), seeking to severe those damnable limbs from disgusting body.

PhoeKun
2011-02-21, 06:03 PM
Natsumi

Natsumi attempts to stand up, only to find she can't. Her smile fades as it dawns on her just how much of her power she had used up during this raid. And after all of the years of effusive praise about her "limitless well of chakra", and the many endurance contests she had taken so much giddy pride in winning, finding the little needle on the chakra-o-meter sitting squarely on 'e' was terrifying, just a little bit. Especially with Lizard-chan and the creepy doctor still standing. Especially when nobody else looks as badly off as she is.

But as long as she's a ninja, she'll have to let things like this go. Very last one, then. She holds her new kodachi in one hand, slipping the blade in between the fingers of the other and focuses deeply. There's a faint, barely visible pulse of blue light, and the shattered fragments of her ice ribbon rise into the air and gather on either side of the doctor. They don't take any specific form this time, but they are very sharp, and as they speed forward into doctor's sides, they meet with Shize in the front and Nishi in the back to form a perfect cross. It's the sort of thing that matters, after all. A hero's attack should be beautiful, should...'nt... it...?

Natsumi wobbles and finally collapses onto her side, still breathing but not making any effort to move.

"Tired. So... tired..."

Chakra: 1/55 Reserve: 3/20

Tap chakra reserves for 7: 1d20+9=23 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2902756/)

Technique - one final Hyourento. As before, DC 17 Reflex.
Damage: [roll0] plus 1d8 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2902941/) (5) cold damage, and the 1 Cold damage per round persists for one additional round

ChronicLunacy
2011-02-21, 06:08 PM
Daichi
Defense: 29 (Dodge on Lizard-Chan)

"Fine, fine. Just hold still so I can send you there." Daichi growled, getting frustrated at his inability to land a series of finishing blows on the lizard creature. He swung his new sword in large arcs, disturbing the air with low swooshing sounds. He tried for telling slashes, relieving her of limbs, large chunks of flesh, or her head if he hit.

Attack 1: [roll0] (Total: 24)
Action Point Just Because: [roll1]
Damage 1: [roll2]

Damage 2: [roll4]

Dice roller still hates me. Big surprise.

Dark_Prophet
2011-02-21, 07:53 PM
Soundtrack (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ycMD6a8jSco)

In the background, Daichi finally brings his new sword around to bear with a strike that goes straight past his weakened adversary's guard - and rams through her chest as she opens her mouth, trying to say something or hiss. Only blood comes out as she crumples to the ground, leaving the sabiketsu triumphant at last, still with the syrup capture field around his feet.

Nishi lands another hit against the doctor, this not as telling as the stone armor absorbs more of the impact - and now the skin beneath it seems harder then stone. But his blade still drinks of the blood pouring from his opponent's freakish, enhanced body.

As if on cue, Natsumi musters her remaining strength before collapsing, unleashing the last blast straight past his rock armor and freezing the blood solid as he howls and stumbles back. "Ngggh....no matter. This is nothing, and since your jounin refused to help you....there's no way you'll be able to catch me!"

He sneers, raising his arms and sending forth from his many hands volleys of webs, sending two Nishi, Daichi, and Shize, then turning and hobbling towards the back of the laboratory at full speed, presumably towards a hidden exit in the back, past the operating tables, jars of body parts and organs. "You may not be worthy of disciples, Don't die - I'll come back for your all of you later!"

Shize merely smiles as the doctor runs, even as his body is entangled. "Wrong, and wrong. They didn't fail. I said I wouldn't lay a hand on you - they weakened you plenty. My swords, on the other hand....would very much like to taste that tainted blood of yours!" He raises a hand from within the web as a seal glows on the doctor's shoulder, even across the room, right where your jounin steadied him. There's a flash, and then all across the room, the greatsword, kodachi, and fullblade jerk out from each of their wielders, burying themselves through the doctor's shoulder, sliding in past his rock armor as easily as a charged magnet. A black tip spears through the right side of his chest rocky as the discarded katana completes the fillet. "And purge this abomination from Kirigakure, never to return!"

Doctor - Reflex to avoid being frozen[roll0] DC 17
Shize [roll1] - reflex save DC 18
Shize [roll2] - reflex save DC 18
Greatsword [roll3]
Kodachi [roll]1d6[roll]
Fullblade[roll4]
Katana[roll5]
If you're hit by 2 webs (reflex DC 18 to avoid) you're entangled for 2d4+1 rounds or until you succeed two DC 15 strength or escape attempts.

Also, combat over, if that isn't clear ^^
Two levels to 9th level for murdering a entire compound. Seriously, fist bump.

Now you guys just get to search the rest and pick loot...

The doctor manages one step before he collapses in a pool of blood, running from his body, his repeatedly impaled body sitting there in the middle of his laboratory, held up by the hilts of the swords through his chest.

"Well done. That armor of his was thick, and there was only one sure way I knew to get past it to finish him." Shize remarks, straining against his bindings for several seconds until he breaks free of them. Once they're off him, he relaxes and stretches as he turns back towards everyone, the body propped up by the sword hilts, running down and pooling across the floor of the lab. "That, and I wanted to see how deep all your limits went - you have to push a piece of metal to expose its flaws so they can be corrected to make a perfect blade. And from what I've seen, the three of you will make excellent swordsmen." He seems to realize something, and coughs. "Though...could someone help Natsumi up for me? She has more of the will of her sister then I had realized. We still have the rest of the facility to search, but I can spare a little healing first..."

Your jounin walks over, reaching down and pulling the blood covered full blade out from the doctor, slinging it across his back, the gleam in his eyes matching the suffusing of the chakra seals along its length as he walks towards his charges. "Now, don't be afraid....think of it as me cutting away your wounds, shearing away all that the world has attached to you and restoring you to your pure form. Its way faster then healing techniques, trust me. And it'll still cut those webs right off you, too..."

ChronicLunacy
2011-02-21, 09:47 PM
Daichi

Caught in the webs, Daichi struggled, but the fight had left him noticeably drained as he put his speed and strength limiters back on to conserve chakra. Even he had limits, and his ill luck had tested it probably more than Lizard-Chan's attacks had. Still, he had come out of his battle fervor far enough to notice Natsumi on the ground. Genira-sensei would kill him if anything happened to her little sister, and even though it looked like she was merely exhausted he wanted to get over there and check on her. "Grr...I'll...damn these...webs...be right there, just...grah!" he stopped and started several sentences as he fought with the sticky strands that held him fast.

"Natsumi-chan, you're still alive, right?" he asked bluntly, as he couldn't check on her right away.

Reflex 1 (DC18): [roll0]
Reflex 2 (DC18): [roll1]
Web Duration: [roll2]
Strength 1 (DC15): [roll3]
Strength 2 (DC15): [roll4]
Strength 3 (DC15): [roll5]
Strength 4 (DC15): [roll6]

PhoeKun
2011-02-28, 05:41 PM
Natsumi

For a long while after Daichi's question, Natusmi just stayed where she was on the ground like an unhearing, uncaring lump in the shape of a girl. The only real indication that she was anything other than dead is the slow rising and falling of her chest as she draws one painful breath after another. Not that this is particularly easy to tell from an angle when covered in web. Until she rolls over onto her back.

"Fffffff... fineyeahsure. I'm alive. I'm awake..."

Reddish eyes stare dully at the ceiling of the complex, not really focusing on anything as she winces for the umpteenth time after breathing. Broken ribs suck, she notes to herself. She briefly tries to sit up, but gives up after only a second when it becomes clear it's going to take effort. Which is just pointless in light of the current situation, and the harsh and angry lectures that would be waiting for her once Genira found out what had happened.

"Can we just go? The bad guys are all... dead and stuff, and this place stinks. I don't want to be here."

Callos_DeTerran
2011-03-03, 02:14 AM
Nishi

For one brief, terrible, moment, it honestly looks as if the doctor was going to get away, moving too fast for Nishi to catch up to him even as the raven-haired body slipped around the webbing nets to avoid getting tangled up in them once more. Of course then Shize-sempai went and solved all the problems!

"Hah! Hahahahaha!" Nishi gloats as he all but dances over to the fallen doctor and begins to cavort and gesture wildly around the fallen freak of nature, smile beaming even as the creepy boy all but howls his victory as the black marks retreat to where ever they come from, "Who underestimated who now?! Huh?! Baka-baka, I can't hear you call me garbage anymore! Speak up!"

One sandal-clad foot gleefully snaps out to kick the corpse in the side in mad capering, rolling the stone-hard body over to face up to the ceiling.

"C'mon Freak-san! You talked so big before, you can't be dead yet! Yumi-sensei says don't talk poo unless you can back it up so c'mon and get back up! Hahahaha! I got you good!" he crows, delighted, even as he happily stabs his sword-cane into the prone body, not once but many times, filling the room with the sound of blade parting meat and the smell of blood. It's a vicious, brutal, and prolonged stabbing that leaves Nishi panting and covered in crimson droplets before he finally stops and slumps back against a nearby test tube.

"Kayyyy Shize-sempai~!" Nishi calls when Shize calls for someone to help Natsumi, skipping over to his fallen team-mate and offering a hand to help her up.

"Teehee, we did great Natsumi-chan, didn't we get him good? I was all 'RUUUAARRRR' and you were all "FREEZE EVIL-DOER!' and then Shize was all 'Ah ha!' and then he was all 'Blargh, I dead now!'" he exclaims exuberantly, much to Natsumi's chagrin since he tries to start dancing again without letting go of her hand first! He catches on quick, still giggling as he flushes with embarassment and sticks the tip of his tongue out, "Ohhh, sorry Natsumi-can...but this is so good! I didn't get beat this time, I can't wait to tell Yumi-sensei and..."

Now he calms down some, becoming a bit more subdued though still happily smiling as he turns back towards the dead doctor, the dead doctor's lab, and everything within it.

"Hey, Shize-sempai...shouldn't we search the lab for nifty stuff? In all the Young Junior Detective books I read, the hero always finds neat information by investigating!" Nishi bubbles, skipping back over to the lab and striking a grand pose with his hands on his hips, "That makes this a job for Young Junior Detective Nishi!"

The proclamation comes with determined finger pointed skywards (I bet I look as cool as Miharu and Tetsuo right now!) before the very same hand darts into the other arm's sleeve and pulls out...a magnifying glass and plastic pipe? Bending nearly double at the waist, Nishi puts the pipe in his mouth and begins to blow bubbles, even as he raises the magnifying glass to his right eye and peers through it intently as he walks back and forth along the floor as if looking for giant, suspicious black footprint to guide him. It doesn't take the boy long to venture over to the tubes and containers of organs and body parts by the body. Soon he's grabbed several of them and set them around the doctor...moments before he pulls his sword-cane from his kimono's obi and begins to happily dice the deranged doctor into divided pieces of dead meat to put into the containers, taking special care with removing the doctor's head and reverently laying it in one of the larger jars.

Wait until Kirigakure sees what I brought them! This is such a good day!

Happy dismemberment finished, Young Junior Detective Nishi once again turns to his rousing investigation traversing expansive countries (the room), climbing tall mountains (stupid top shelves and high tables), and braving dark mysteries (looking under the body on the operating table) in search of the next clue! He even went so far as to look underneath glass jars and into cabinets looking for anything the doctor had on...

What'd he call me? A 'cursed seal'? Wonder what that means...and what did he mean potential?

But no mystery could be left unsolved in YJD Nishi's investigation, prompting a soft 'Hah!' when he finally finds something promising and pulls it into the light...

Most of this was cleared with Dark first, but he didn't tell me what Nishi found so...cliffhanger!

Dark_Prophet
2011-03-07, 10:05 PM
Shize walks over ominously with the fullblade towards Daichi and Natsumi. He levels strike at Daichi, putting his full weight behind it. As the blade passes through the sabiketsu's body, instead of blood and pain instead there's a glow of warmth as his injuries along it are cleaved away.
Improved Power Attack 10 [roll0] Healing [roll1]
Almost immediately following, the jounin swings the continuing momentum of the strike straight down to the prone Natsumi. There's a similar burst of reassuring warmth as it slices down across her midsection...leaving the strange moment of when she hears it cut into the floor behind her, and feels it pass back out through her.
Improved Power Attack 10 [roll2] Healing [roll3]
"There we go...that should be enough for now. Now, Nishi-" He turns his attention back to the capering Nishi bemusedly, starting to say something then shaking his head with a smile. He focuses for about a minute, dismissing the "healing" fullblade, and then each of the weapons embedded in the doctor's back following it in puffs of smoke.

"Well...good job team, again. Let us search the room for anything of interes-" Shize coughs to disguise laughter, as Nishi already walks out with his investigator's tools....the cough turning to something akin to choking as the young swordsmen begins to dismember the doctor's body, storing it away in his very own organ containers. "Uhhh....right...lets search the *lab*, shall we?" He winces as Nishi severs one of the arms and places it in a containment jar."Since Nishi has the doctor...covered."

Soundtrack (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0GBOgYvJpAw)
Find #1
The search of the lab reveals several things - countless organs in jars along the walls. Hands, arms, legs, skin tissue, even just vials of blood...but mostly eyes. Red eyes, white eyes, purple eyes, and several others that are difficult to identify. Almost all of the ones here have a preserved, filmy look to them, like pickles floating too long in a jar with labels 2A-6I. Looking at them raises the chilling question of how long this...facility has been in existence.

Find #2
The second, is a cabinet of a dozen capsules and vials, set off to the side, marked "1A" to "1J". Each capsule or vial has a small, hastily scrawled note on it.
The note beneath 1A, a clear vial of yellowish-white cream reads: "Applied to subject 2's eyes; subsequent hemorrhaging of eyes. Theory: byakugan overloaded with chakra. Refer sample 2C for ocular distortion.
Conclusion: Apply prototype crude Nevoa Infusion into the eyes to allow for increased chakra storage flow, also add supplemental drug Type-B3 to feed. Blindness likely."

The paper for 1B is similarly written, under the clear cylindrical container full of yellow-green mucus like liquid: "Injected into subject 8's tenketsu. Overproduction of kumonsu from glands - subsequent jamming and infections precluded collapse of internal chakra tenketsu system. Theory: Kumonsu are a additional system of chakra venting for Gumoshin bloodline, necessitated in long term.
Conclusion: Again, apply crude Nevoa Infusion to allow for matured chakra storage before injection. Reduce dose and inject only in one location."

After several more minutes searching, Nishi draws out a clear bottle of black pills, labeled 1H. The paper beneath it reads: "Slipped into subject 21's daily meal. Entered into trance, underwent mild mutation akin to after accounts of original application of cursed seal. Heart stopped. Theory: Subject was not exposed and toughened to enough poisons and diseases - requires extremely sturdy metabolism. Add supplemental drug type-B3 to daily meals for several days beforehand.
Addendum Note: subject 33 succumbed to mysterious diseases from form overuse before pills could be applied.
Conclusion: Cursed Seals have no application in long term combat due to deterioration of immune system. Project suspended, no further CS specimens requested for study."

Another object of interest is found; a vial of muddy, reddish liquid labeled 1E with the same scrawled handwriting on the much fresher scroll beneath it. "Injected into subject 39's bloodstream. Successfully increased toxicity of blood, as subject died within several minutes, turning purple from tissue necrosis. Blood increasing pills may have contributed to imminent death.
Addendum Note: subject 39's blood, stored sample 4H functioned more effectively then sabiketsu control poison of subject 43 (stored in sample 4G) in tests on subjects 44, 47, and 48 against 45, 46, and 49.
Conclusion: Provide crude metabolism infusion to increase chance of survival. Blood producing pills NOT recommended during treatment despite mass production capability. Add double prescribed dosage of supplemental drug type-B3 for a week in advance."

Find #3
The third is across from the upper cabinet holding the second set of items of interest; a large cupboard marked "Supplements". In contrast with smaller containers above, these are larger. Much larger in comparison to the specific compounds, almost akin to black buckets, holding several pounds of...substance each.

Each is labeled - starting from the right "crude Nevoa Infusion", with only a quarter of the gleaming purple liquid remaining within once the top is pried off too, giving a harsh chemical smell.
In contrast, "Crude Tosha Liquor" beside it has about half of its original quantity left, the clear liquid giving off a sickly sweet smell.
"Crude Tengu Elixir" is reddish brown, thick and muddy, giving a deep, pungent aroma from the third that is left.
On the left is the "Crude Lotus Extract", with a jet black liquid that has a acrid stench, with only a quarter remaining.

Below it are square bins full of powder marked "Experimental Type-B1 Strength Supplement" a quarter full of reddish powdered meal.
"Experimental Type-B2 Alacrity Supplement" half full of bright blueish powdered meal, with a note attached to it "Subject 51 exhibits reptilian traits from use, investigate further".
Last is "Experimental Type-B3 Endurance Supplement", a eighth full of brownish powdered meal, clearly the most widely utilized of the three.
"Crude...the ninja drugs that you might have heard about are refined, controlled, in very small doses." Shize bends over the cabinet, sniffing and wrinkles his nose, shaking his head both at the assortment of body parts, and the drugs. "These...aren't. The dosage is about a cup of the stuff. So please, try not to die, or wait until we have a medical ninja around - all I have is my medical fullblade our apothecary helped to forge."

To quote Francis of Left 4 Dead fame, "Pills here!" And yes, there's enough for EVERYONE...if you want it...mwahahaha.

PhoeKun
2011-03-14, 02:26 PM
Natsumi

Dragged to her... well, her knees by a very enthusiastic Nishi, Natsumi is only half paying attention as Shize approaches her with the fullblade. She stares up at him groggily, her eyes widening in terror as he readies his strike.

"...Shize-sensei? What are you -- no, wait! NO!"

*SCTHUNK*

The sheer unreality of the situation forces a desperate chuckle out of her throat. She smiles, insincere, insecure, and terrified, having just enough time to reach a hand behind her back and feel a sword sticking out of her before it is pulled free. Her immediate reaction is to hyperventilate, and then to throw up. She backs away, scraping her foot against the very real gash in the floor left by the healing blade. Her hand flies down to her stomach, finding an equally real and rather sizable hole in her corset and shirt. But as for her suddenly exposed stomach... nothing but a pleasant tingling sensation.

"...I... you... how...?" She pauses, shaking her head violently as some of her former energy is restored, "What the heck is wrong with you!? Who even comes up with something so crazy as stabbing people better? You're nuts!"

She stalks over to him as he's searching the base, letting her shuko clatter to the ground before she hauls off and punches him in the stomach. There is absolutely zero force behind the blow - it seems more like an emotional release than anything.

"You're also a jerk. Is it because I don't know how to use a sword, or is it because I'm a girl? How come I'm the one who gets the rescue treatment? How come I'm the only one you ever check up on? I'm part of the team, too! You tell me you get it, but then the very next fight we're right back to it! I've already got Neechan telling me I'm not good enough, I don't need it from you, too!"

After her outburst, Natsumi has to pause to catch her breathe. It's surprising just how tired she is, even without the pain and the cold. She finds something to lean against and keeps quiet from there on out, pausing only to childishly stick her tongue out at the suggestion she would even consider ingesting mysterious ninja powders looted from a disgusting and horrible laboratory run by a monster-pig of a man. The sooner the whole place burned to the ground, actually, the better. She yawns.

Callos_DeTerran
2011-03-15, 09:52 PM
Nishi

The odd boy got points for thoroughness, if nothing else, as he carefully cuts up the doctor for transport before hefting the jars of drugs over to set beside the specimen jars that he had filled with their grisly cargo. He even brings over the bottle of black pills to Shize and obediantly holds it out for his sempai to hold unto.

"Here you go Shize-sempai~! I don't think I should experiment with any of this stuff until the ANBU tells me it's okay, right?" Nishi says brightly, smiling like the sun itself has risen even as he all but skips over to
Natsumi as he conceals his magnifying glass once more.

"Aww, don't say that Nasumi-sempai! You were so cool in the fight! You made ice and stuff to hurt him, even while he was groping me! Genira-san will be so proud to hear what you've done and I'll tell her myself!" Nishi chirps, abruptly hugging his team-mate in a reassuring fashion...well...it'd be reassuring if he wasn't covered in blood anyway.

Dark_Prophet
2011-03-22, 01:25 AM
Soundtrack (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpXKPcCqQkU)

Shize looks back at Natsumi. "I told you before, only by pushing the finest materials to their limits, folding them a thousand times do you get the perfect blade." He holds the cleaver across his shoulder, keeping it with him, obviously intending to make use of it.

"I don't care who you are, what your background is. I'll temper your weaknesses and sharpen your strengths...but other then that? You're all the same in my thoughts, maniacal cursed waif to suicidal rustblood, petulant ice child - superior unique metal to be forged into superior unique swords. Don't forget that." Your jounin turns towards the front of the laboratory, walking straight past Daichi, looking right past him. When he next speaks, his voice carries around the room, quiet but with the same edge to it that carries.

"Take what you want - we're liberating the rest of the complex. There are some things you need to see there. After that, we're leaving this accursed place."He strides out the broken doors of the main laboratory, his garments flowing behind him, turning to the right towards the first sealed room, stopping and turning back with a quiet, knowing smile as he gestures for his battered genin to follow. "Don't tarry - all the guards have already fled, and we had best be gone before its too late. "

The door in front of him only last a single blow from the cleaver before it caves in - in front of him is a sight arguably even more horrifying then the main laboratory. There are cages all throughout the room, perhaps two dozen of them, and within each cage is a child, varying in ages from several years to 10 years old. These cages are padded and furnished, although sparsely with toys, and empty bowls in each indicating a recent meal in the last several hours.

There's something strange about each of them even beyond their predicament - a pale tint of the eyes here and there. A extra pair of arms here reaching out through the cage. A small black and white cat that darts around yet another cage. Four dozen eyes watch you, none of them saying a word.

They're all bloodline users. All of them. Byakugan, Gumoshin, Kamitora, Katsugan, Fortify, Hyoton, Sabiketsu, Sharingan, and so many more you don't even recognize. But at the same time, some you do - some bear the features of clan Daichi and clan Aotake.

"Kirigakure certainly values its bloodline users, does it not?" Shize smiles; a dark bitter smile.

(Apologies for missing last week. External personal complications. :/)

ChronicLunacy
2011-04-11, 04:40 PM
Daichi

Not his usual, boisterous self for a moment, Daichi had actually attempted to avoid attention as he made his way over to the side of the room. Presently, he was occupied with watching the rust-colored eyes of the two small children in a cage on the floor. Neither he nor the children said anything for a long while, as if they were taking each other's measure through the bars. They hardly even moved except to tilt their heads in a dog-like fashion until finally the younger child, only around two years old, put his hand through the bar and grabbed Daichi's index and middle fingers.

The look in this child's eyes reminded him of the wagon escort mission. That girl, his clanmate. She had looked up at him like that. What had she said? She'd been so disappointed.

Daichi looked at the child another moment, then gave him a light shove in the chest, depositing him on his rump. Then he stood up, drew his greatsword, and hacked the lock off of the cage in one strong chop before resheathing it. The door creaked as he swung it full open and gathered the two-year old in one arm. The other child preferred to walk, but grabbed Daichi's pant leg as he started to walk back toward the group.

"I want to know who's responsible for this." Daichi said, his tone laced with an oddly protective, but also murderous, undertone that was entirely unlike him. His concern for something besides himself and that which would directly benefit him was odd.