PDA

View Full Version : It begins!

Felixaar
2009-11-14, 08:18 PM
Come on, tell me this isn't the first signs of a Zombie Apocolypse. (http://au.news.yahoo.com/a/-/newshome/6472145)

Moff Chumley
2009-11-14, 08:20 PM
[bender voice]Well, we're boned.[/bender voice]

Gamerlord
2009-11-14, 08:23 PM
:smalleek:

Sydney is in Australia right?

Right?

Jack Squat
2009-11-14, 08:24 PM
I'd normally disagree, but with the Dead kid who punched a mortician in Romania (http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_1397102.html?menu=news.quirkies) I think you may be onto something.

Flickerdart
2009-11-14, 08:29 PM
"...assault, offensive conduct, failing to pay his bus fare..." Hehe.

I mean, he was already on the bus. Sleeping. Did they search him afterwards and realize he didn't have a ticket? On top of the other charges, who thought it would matter?

Comet
2009-11-14, 08:39 PM
Can't have them zombies taking free bus rides, now can we?

Pocketa
2009-11-14, 08:41 PM
Come on, tell me this isn't the first signs of a Zombie Apocolypse. (http://au.news.yahoo.com/a/-/newshome/6472145)

Oh, Felixxar. Save yourself first.

AshDesert
2009-11-14, 08:41 PM

I mean, he was already on the bus. Sleeping. Did they search him afterwards and realize he didn't have a ticket? On top of the other charges, who thought it would matter?

Eh, if Aussieland is anything like the US, the lawyers who work in the DA's office try to throw as many charges at you as possible and see which ones stick (the reason there are cases in which the defendant is charged with 1st, 2nd, and 3rd degree murder (and occasionally manslaughter to top it all off)). After all, the more you can get onto a person's record, the easier it'll be to convict them of something later.

Starscream
2009-11-14, 08:55 PM
:smalleek:

Sydney is in Australia right?

Right?

Aye, but zombies can walk underwater. And beat up sharks (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSPG9QQg4C0).

We are indeed boned.

Rawhide
2009-11-14, 09:03 PM
Life imitates art. (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ArsonMurderAndJaywalking)

Gamerlord
2009-11-14, 09:16 PM
Aye, but zombies can walk underwater. And beat up sharks (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSPG9QQg4C0).

We are indeed boned.

It will take forever though, by then we will have everything ready for them....

Mr. Mud
2009-11-14, 09:17 PM
I, for one, welcome our decaying overlords.

DraPrime
2009-11-14, 09:36 PM

That was the first thing that stuck out in the article for me. Maybe someone just has a vendetta against people who don't pay their bus fares?

toasty
2009-11-15, 12:21 AM
I, for one, welcome our decaying overlords.

Oh, I do to. I just welcome them with a shotgun to the head.

Or arm, if they're like the zombie-monsters from Dead Space.

golentan
2009-11-15, 12:31 AM
I'd normally disagree, but with the Dead kid who punched a mortician in Romania (http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_1397102.html?menu=news.quirkies) I think you may be onto something.

That's not a zombie. He woke up kicking and aware, so he probably was just upset that a fellow couldn't get a little sleep there. Someone should send him a pair of sunglasses, and put his brother on NASA's payroll in case they decide to bomb the moon again.

Maximum Zersk
2009-11-15, 12:34 AM
Life imitates art. (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ArsonMurderAndJaywalking)

Dangit! You beat me to it!

Jack Squat
2009-11-15, 08:40 AM
That's not a zombie. He woke up kicking and aware, so he probably was just upset that a fellow couldn't get a little sleep there. Someone should send him a pair of sunglasses, and put his brother on NASA's payroll in case they decide to bomb the moon again.

He was pronounced DOA. That's about as close to 'zombie' as you can get.

Dallas-Dakota
2009-11-15, 08:52 AM
Obviously a mad scientist was experimenting with a small-case attempt at creating zombies.

He already got the spreader to be indetectible as far as we know....

AshDesert
2009-11-15, 09:12 AM
He was pronounced DOA. That's about as close to 'zombie' as you can get.

People make mistakes, especially when "no obvious signs of life" is the medical definition of death in a country.

Phase
2009-11-15, 10:05 AM
Well, if it starts anywhere, it might as well start in Australia.

As I've always said, the only place better equipped to fight zombies than Australia is Texas.

Gamerlord
2009-11-15, 10:49 AM
WRONG! In new york, we have a giant mechanized robot that can hit stuff with a torch, we call it a statue of liberty, Ghostbusters 2 was clumsy enough too reveal that secret.

Mercenary Pen
2009-11-15, 10:59 AM
I have undergone temporary zombification for theatrical work. I was decapitated... Every night for a three night production run. Anyone who told you head-shots kill zombies was misinformed.

And besides, we can do better for zombie defence than the New York Giant robot, we have the Japanese futuristic zombie-smiting mortar cannon disguised as a volcano (aka Mt. Fuji)

Phase
2009-11-15, 11:15 AM
WRONG! In new york, we have a giant mechanized robot that can hit stuff with a torch, we call it a statue of liberty, Ghostbusters 2 was clumsy enough too reveal that secret.

Dude, two things.

1.) The Statue is out of commission. You ever been in there? Everything's out of order.

2.) Giant robots would do a lot more damage than the Zeds. Your zombie-killing tactics are seriously flawed.

The Vorpal Tribble
2009-11-15, 11:47 AM
Y'know, if a zombie apocalypse ever did occur it would mean that vultures and/or lobsters would likely become the next intelligences of the planet.

Omg, I so gotta start writing on this...

Starscream
2009-11-15, 12:06 PM
1.) The Statue is out of commission. You ever been in there? Everything's out of order.

Pfah! Get me an NES Advantage controller, a bucket of psychoreactive slime, and a CD of "Higher and Higher" and I'll have that big green Frenchwoman tap dancing down broadway before you can say "Wow, the new production of Wicked is taking things up a notch!"

BRC
2009-11-15, 01:49 PM
Well, if it starts anywhere, it might as well start in Australia.

As I've always said, the only place better equipped to fight zombies than Australia is Texas.
This is true, since everything in Australia is trying to Kill you, the Australians are probably our best hope for containing the zombie outbreak.

Maximum Zersk
2009-11-15, 06:14 PM
Y'know, if a zombie apocalypse ever did occur it would mean that vultures and/or lobsters would likely become the next intelligences of the planet.

Omg, I so gotta start writing on this...

WRONG! It's common knowledge that Dolphins are smarter than human. What's less known, is that mice are smarter than both.:smalltongue:

Mercenary Pen
2009-11-15, 06:23 PM
WRONG! It's common knowledge that Dolphins are smarter than human. What's less known, is that mice are smarter than both.:smalltongue:

Yeah, but they'll abandon the planet to save their own extraterrestrial hides... they aren't gonna stay and fight zombies, they're far too smart for that.

Leaving hunter-killer satellites in orbit to stop the zombie space missions getting off earth, that they'd do.

Maximum Zersk
2009-11-15, 06:26 PM
Quick, call Master Chief, there's some Zombies Flood that need to be killed!

AshDesert
2009-11-15, 08:19 PM
This is true, since everything in Australia is trying to Kill you, the Australians are probably our best hope for containing the zombie outbreak.

If the Aussies play their cards right, they may be able to get the giant spiders and the zombies to kill each other off, thereby making their mission of actually managing to take over that continent that much easier (the snakes and scorpions are another matter entirely).

Rawhide
2009-11-16, 03:01 AM
JFYI, they have deadly centipedes in America, the centipedes in Australia are harmless. (But not legless)