PDA

View Full Version : Because someone had to.

TheThan
2009-11-14, 08:35 PM
Brain bleach
Enchantment (compulsion) [mind affecting]
Level: sor/wis 4
Components: S, V
Casting time: 1 standard action
Range: touch
Area: creature touched
Duration: instant
Saving throw: Will negates
Spell resistance: yes

When touched, a creature with an int of 3 or higher immediately forgets any an all events that has transpired within the past 24 hours. The touched creature is allowed a will saving throw to resist the effects of the spell.

Material Component:
A bucket of bleach

DragoonWraith
2009-11-14, 08:37 PM
I feel like Brain Bleach should be Willing only, and only forgets exactly what the subject wants to forget.

Zeta Kai
2009-11-14, 09:02 PM
You're right; it had to be done.

Now if only I could remember why I needed this...

Temotei
2009-11-14, 09:24 PM
Make it a cantrip and make it only work on willing targets. :smallbiggrin: Then make an improved version that allows a save and works on everything with an intelligence of at least 3. "This man sneaked into my house and stole everything inside! I saw it!" "*touch* No you didn't." "What?"

AgentPaper
2009-11-14, 09:37 PM
Any chance we could get a ", Mass" version too? Mookie's trying to tie up his... "plot" by the end of the year, and I think we're going to need a couple dozen wands of this stuff over in the DD thread to get through it. We should probably invest in some eternal versions as well, which will hopefully last through the next arc at least.

TheThan
2009-11-14, 09:42 PM
By request we have:

Brain bleach, lesser
Level: sor/wis 0
Area: one willing subject
Saving throw: no

When touched, a willing creature with an int of 3 or higher immediately forgets any an all events that has transpired within the past 10 minutes. The touched creature is allowed a will saving throw to resist the effects of the spell.

Material component:
A small bottle of bleach

Brain bleach, mass
Level: sor/wis 5
Area: 1 creature/level

As Brain bleach only this spell affects 1 additional creature per level. Each creature is allowed a will saving throw to resist the effects of the spell.

Material component:
A large bucket of bleach

AgentPaper
2009-11-14, 09:46 PM
Right, now I just have to find someone to deliver a few tankers of bleach over to us. Should probably just get a pipeline set up one of these days...

Temotei
2009-11-14, 09:51 PM
"Will" should always be capitalized when describing the saving throw.

Range: one willing subject

Should be touch.

Baron Corm
2009-11-14, 11:36 PM
This would really suck if used against a PC... lose an entire day's worth of XP, and forget that you got treasure, so someone could effortlessly take that too. Probably a higher spell level than first, but I'm not sure exactly what level.

PirateMonk
2009-11-15, 12:06 AM
This would really suck if used against a PC... lose an entire day's worth of XP, and forget that you got treasure, so someone could effortlessly take that too. Probably a higher spell level than first, but I'm not sure exactly what level.

It wouldn't make you lose XP, because it says nothing about XP. XP has nothing to do with memories, and actually seems to be some sort of life force. Otherwise, creating a magic item would make you forget things, which does not appear to be the case.

DracoDei
2009-11-15, 12:16 AM
Totally Over-Shadows Modify Memory if only 3rd level... sure Modify Memory can also add and alter memories, but still...

CoffeeIncluded
2009-11-15, 12:23 AM
Hi, I'm from (And represent) the Crack Pairings thread. We would like to purchase every scroll of Brain Bleach (Lesser) in stock.

Temotei
2009-11-15, 12:40 AM
That's true, though, that your treasure could easily be taken by your party members if they were greedy. Then again, the player vs. character knowledge thing comes up again. It's like Knowledge checks...:smallconfused: I hate those...

Chrono22
2009-11-15, 12:49 AM
Neat concept. I think Mind Wipe would also be a good name for it.

DragoonWraith
2009-11-15, 12:58 AM
Brain Bleach, as written, is pretty massively OP, I think. You can get away with anything with that, just by making the right people save failing throws...

Zeta Kai
2009-11-15, 01:14 AM
Hi, I'm from (And represent) the Crack Pairings thread. We would like to purchase every scroll of Brain Bleach (Lesser) in stock.

I'll contribute my WBL toward any goal as worthy as that.

Also, you CPers are delightfully deviant. :smalltongue:

Cracklord
2009-11-15, 01:24 AM
Brain bleach
Level: sor/wis 1
Area: creature touched

When touched, a creature with an int of 3 or higher immediately forgets any an all events that has transpired within the past 24 hours. The touched creature is allowed a will saving throw to resist the effects of the spell.

Material Component:
A bucket of bleach

Can I get permanent version that applies this every 24 hours automatically?

Temotei
2009-11-15, 01:38 AM
Can I get permanent ersion that applies this every 24 hours automatically?

Permanency?

Cracklord
2009-11-15, 01:43 AM
No, it's already a permanent effect. I am considering an effect that is regularly applied.

Temotei
2009-11-15, 01:47 AM
I suppose a Contingency with Permanency would work. Contingency: When the effect wears off, apply again. Permanency on the Contingency makes it forever. I don't think Contingency can normally be permanent by way of spell, though.

DracoDei
2009-11-15, 01:49 AM
Sounds like a job for a "no remove" cursed 1/daqy item with a trigger mechanism... I have never heard of before... huh...

Caldarin
2009-11-16, 12:12 AM
Just as a heads up, there's a bard spell called "modify memory" which allows you to remove, implant, or modify 5 minutes of memory in a subject and it's a 5th level bard spell.
I know this just erases it, but still, I think level 1 is a bit low- I'd say at least 3rd level

Temotei
2009-11-16, 12:14 AM
Just as a heads up, there's a bard spell called "modify memory" which allows you to remove, implant, or modify 5 minutes of memory in a subject and it's a 5th level bard spell.

EWWWWW!!!! Haha :smallbiggrin:

You're right, though. The spell needs to be a slightly higher level.

DracoDei
2009-11-16, 12:17 AM
I had already mentioned that spell by name... although I didn't bother to specify it was a bard spell.

Temotei
2009-11-16, 12:19 AM
although I didn't bother to specify it was a bard spell.

Exactly. :smalltongue:

TheThan
2009-11-16, 12:24 AM
Guys, it’s a joke spell. I don’t really plan on actually using it. It seems the humor was lost on a lot of people, and they are taking it too seriously.

Maybe I posted it in the wrong forum for this.

Temotei
2009-11-16, 12:36 AM
Nah...people just want it to be mechanically sound, so they can use it, and say they did. :smallcool: Because it's just that good.

TheThan
2009-11-16, 01:30 AM
Nah...people just want it to be mechanically sound, so they can use it, and say they did. :smallcool: Because it's just that good.

Ok, ok.

I pushed brain bleach up to 4th level and mass brain bleach up to 5. Wizards and sorcerers will still get them faster than a bard gets modify memory, but them’s the breaks.

Temotei
2009-11-16, 01:32 AM
Nice. :smallamused:

Chrono22
2009-11-16, 02:23 AM
Still... this is an incredibly good find for me.
I'm currently playing a beguiler... having a a scroll of Modify Memory could be incredibly useful. Especially if one of my party members decides to do something stupid..

Eldan
2009-11-16, 03:50 AM
Actually, Planewalker already had a similar spell, called Blessed Forgetfulness. There it was used to let victims forget traumas.

This one is more flavourful, though.

deuxhero
2009-11-16, 07:00 AM

Wouldn't a wand (or better yet, an infinate use item) be more cost effective?

Roderick_BR
2009-11-16, 10:20 AM
That's true, though, that your treasure could easily be taken by your party members if they were greedy. Then again, the player vs. character knowledge thing comes up again. It's like Knowledge checks...:smallconfused: I hate those...
Could be used by NPCs.
It's the same problem that that spell from the Book of Erotic Fantasy something had. The spell would make a person get naked, no save, including armor. 20th leve fighter with a +5 adamantine shadowy silently energy resistance 15 heavy fortification? One round later, he's butt naked. It was intended as a joke, but one could easily find OP ways to use it.

Nate the Snake
2009-11-16, 01:37 PM
Could be used by NPCs.
It's the same problem that that spell from the Book of Erotic Fantasy something had. The spell would make a person get naked, no save, including armor. 20th leve fighter with a +5 adamantine shadowy silently energy resistance 15 heavy fortification? One round later, he's butt naked. It was intended as a joke, but one could easily find OP ways to use it.

I think it gave a Reflex save to keep armor but with half the AC bonus.

Or So I Heard. :smalltongue:

Temotei
2009-11-16, 08:56 PM
The spell would make a person get naked, no save...

Not enough uses in the day...:smallfrown: Hahaha I want that spell for my wizard! Whoo! Who needs illusions when you've got the real deal? :smalltongue: Hehehe...